Login |  Register

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:36 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
A taped interview and a rare first look at BOSTON during rehearsal for the band's summer 2008 tour will air on tomorrow's (Sunday, June 1) edition of "Good Morning America Weekend" on ABC-TV between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Check your local listings for more information.

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:36 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
BOSTON mainman Tom Scholz has issued the following update:

"Thank you all for a magical summer!

"Our heartfelt thanks to everyone who came out to see BOSTON perform this summer.

"The band, crew, and staff worked very hard to make the 2008 BOSTON tour one to remember, but it was the enthusiastic audiences that made it a success for us. When we finished each night, there was always talk about the highlights and the 'oops' moments of that particular performance, but overwhelmingly talk always turned to how great the fans were that night.

"As a performer, when you think about a show you did in some far away place, it's not the venue, the sound, or how you or the band played that sticks in your mind, it's the rush from a sea of people cheering, clapping, and singing along with the songs. That's what you take home with you at the end of the tour.

"Also, I know I speak for everyone in the band when I say that this was the most fun any of us has ever had, on or off the stage, on a BOSTON tour. And talk about some serious talent, I have never been so proud to appear on stage with any other group of people! It's our job to make it look easy up there every night, but of course that's far from the truth. Everyone really pulled their weight, and when things went wrong they rose to the challenge. And I'm not just talking about my band mates; our crew for this tour was the finest collection of capability and dedication I've seen in my 32 years with BOSTON.

"Let's not forget about STYX either; these guys are not only a great performing band, they are also a great bunch of guys. Again, the most fun we've had with another band on the road, and what an honor to appear on the same bill with a band this good! Have to add a quick thank you to the STYX crew also, they lent us a hand on many nights doing things they didn't have to do, just to help us out. The handful of shows we did with LOU GRAMM were also a lot of fun, and Lou and company were also very gracious.

"By the end of August we had performed 53 shows in 12 weeks, and we were pretty worn out. As much as everyone was looking forward to home and a rest, it was really hard to say good-bye to STYX, our crew, and of course each other. Life on the road is not easy, but the bonds that grow over the course of a tour like this are hard to describe, and not easily forgotten. We are all looking forward to whatever the future brings for BOSTON."

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:54 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Boston Globe, a former girlfriend of the late BOSTON singer Brad Delp is selling the frontman's beloved Beetle on eBay. Patricia Komor, who dated Delp from 1992 to 1998, started soliciting bids for the 2003 VW this morning, and will donate the proceeds to charities endorsed by Delp.

"The fact that the car had the same name as the band he adored is something he enjoyed," Komor told The Boston Globe yesterday. "Brad was also amused that the car got more attention than he did."

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:22 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Punknews.org, BOSTON and BLUE ÖYSTER CULT are among the classic bands whose albums will be reissued on vinyl via Sony/Legacy. Other LPs that were originally released through Columbia, Epic, and RCA that are part of the reissue campaign include recordings by JEFFERSON STARSHIP and CHEAP TRICK, LOU REED's classic "Berlin" and SOCIAL DISTORTION's 1990 self-titled album.

Profile  Offline
 Post subject: Re: Boston news
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:08 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Kimberley Dahme and Gary Pihl from BOSTON were the featured guests on this past Sunday's (January 31) edition of the "Long Live Rock" show. Host Sterling Whitaker — a Nashville-based music journalist, and the author of two books, "Unsung Heroes of Rock Guitar" in 2003, and "The Grand Delusion: The Unauthorized True Story of Styx" in 2007 — says, "We discussed a wide variety of topics, including Gary's side project, ALLIANCE, and upcoming gig with Sammy Hagar's son; Gary working on Kimberley's solo album; charity gigs they've done together; the meticulous work process of Tom Scholz and how that leaves time for side projects; misconceptions people have about Tom Scholz; what it's like to join such a legendary group; working with Brad Delp; Brad's death and the loneliness of life on the road; critical perception of BOSTON as 'corporate rock'; carrying on with Michael Sweet; the new album BOSTON is working on; and why BOSTON is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame."

According to The Pulse of Radio, BOSTON guitarist Tom Scholz is up in arms over an "impostor" who tried to impersonate him for a planned solo show for $5,000. Scholz said in a statement that make no mistake — neither he nor BOSTON will be playing any dates in 2010. "The most upsetting part of this is knowing your name has been used to swindle people out of their hard-earned money," he said. "Over the last few years, I've seen countless examples of con artists trying to make deals, pass themselves off, or sell tickets to unsuspecting fans by using the name BOSTON but this is the first time I've seen someone actually use my personal name as a come-on."

He went on to say: "If anyone has doubts about an advertised appearance by BOSTON, or anyone claiming to be performing as a part of BOSTON, they should check our website, BandBoston.com, or contact Agency For The Performing Arts, or our publicist, Gail Parenteau."

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:53 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
"The Grand Delusion: The Unauthorized True Story of Styx"

:lmfao:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:56 am 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: THIS is ur plan for catching spambots?
bildo wrote:
According to The Pulse of Radio, BOSTON guitarist Tom Scholz is up in arms over an "impostor" who tried to impersonate him for a planned solo show for $5,000. Scholz said in a statement that make no mistake — neither he nor BOSTON will be playing any dates in 2010. "The most upsetting part of this is knowing your name has been used to swindle people out of their hard-earned money," he said. "Over the last few years, I've seen countless examples of con artists trying to make deals, pass themselves off, or sell tickets to unsuspecting fans by using the name BOSTON but this is the first time I've seen someone actually use my personal name as a come-on."

He went on to say: "If anyone has doubts about an advertised appearance by BOSTON, or anyone claiming to be performing as a part of BOSTON, they should check our website, BandBoston.com, or contact Agency For The Performing Arts, or our publicist, Gail Parenteau."

He's right, and has also been right on several of the other matters he's gotten his panties in a wad over... but he seems to be wound so damn tight! The only time I hear about him anymore is because he's got some issue with someone or was an asshole (but he was right!) and so someone's got an issue with him.

It makes me wonder because their lyrics are so fun-lovin', life o' the party, lovey-dovey, happy... but the genius behind it all is this angry little man freakin' out all the time.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:53 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
fruitless endeavor wrote:
It makes me wonder because their lyrics are so fun-lovin', life o' the party, lovey-dovey, happy... but the genius behind it all is this angry little man freakin' out all the time.

I might be mistaken here, but I was under the impression that Scholz wrote the majority of the music... Delp and Goudreau wrote the lyrics. :wink:

:BB A Man I'll Never Be <== bad example... :oops:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:00 am 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: THIS is ur plan for catching spambots?
RockHard wrote:

I might be mistaken here, but I was under the impression that Scholz wrote the majority of the music... Delp and Goudreau wrote the lyrics. :wink:

:BB A Man I'll Never Be <== bad example... :oops:

Yes, good point. But even the music itself has a much lighter spirit though he is such an angry man.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:29 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Yes, good point. But even the music itself has a much lighter spirit though he is such an angry man.

Like everything else related to Mr. Rocktron, it's engineered that way. :lol:

:BB More Than A Feeling

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse of Radio, BOSTON guitarist and co-founder Tom Scholz is suing The Boston Herald and two of the paper's gossip columnists for insinuating he had a hand in the 2007 suicide of singer Brad Delp. Pollstar.com reports that Scholz' lawsuit named the paper and the columnists Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa, who were in charge of the Herald's "Inside Track" column at the time of Delp's death from carbon monoxide asphyxiation. The "Inside Track" ran two columns covering Delp's suicide — one of which was headlined "Pal's Snub Made Delp Do It: Boston Rocker's Ex-wife Speaks."

Sholz' suit states that the defendants "falsely suggested in headlines, content and via innuendo" that Scholz was responsible in some manner for Delp taking his own life in part because Fran Cosmo — a BOSTON bandmember and close friend of Delp's — was dropped from the band's tour. According to speculation, Delp was under pressure to perform with BOSTON as well a BEATLES tribute band featuring Cosmo. The libel case also states that Fee and Raposa were purposely slandering Scholz for their publicist friend who represented the tribute band.

The lawyer representing Scholz is said to have already won a $2 million libel suit against The Boston Herald.

Shortly before Delp's death Tom Scholz heaped praise on Delp's vocal abilities: "He's the best singer I've ever heard — period. I have worked with a ton of 'em — nobody can do the things that he can do. I'm not talking about singing high notes — lots of people can do that. He can do amazing things with his voice, and his grasp of music is just mind-boggling. The things that he can keep upstairs... it's like you're tapping into some kind of computer memory bank or something."

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:21 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
I'd say another "Rest In Peace"... but it's pretty obvious that's never going to happen. :headsmack:

:BB Used To Bad News

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:36 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Noisecreep wrote:
Brad Delp Suicide: New Details Emerge Regarding Boston Singer's Final Days
Posted on May 29th 2012 1:15PM by Kenneth Partridge

After Brad Delp, singer for the '70s rock band Boston, committed suicide on March 9, 2007, the Boston Herald focused its coverage on the singer's strained relationship with guitarist and musical mastermind Tom Scholz. The implication, Scholz felt, was that he was to blame for the incident, and he filed a defamation lawsuit that has been pending for two years.

Now, the Boston Globe reports, new information has come to light regarding Delp's final days. Based on court testimony, it seems Delp's decision to take his own life might have stemmed more from his embarrassment over planting a hidden camera in the bedroom of his roommate -- and fiancee's sister -- than from his troubles with Scholz and the other members of Boston.

In court papers obtained by the Globe, Todd Winmill -- the boyfriend of Meg Sullivan, the woman whose room Delp placed under surveillance -- recalls Delp's demeanor after his camera had been found.

"He essentially apologized for about a half-hour," said Winmill. "And then I told him he had to tell Pamela. He didn't like the thought of having to do that."

As it turns out, Pamela Sullivan, his bride-to-be, had an affair the previous summer -- an event that deeply affected Delp. In an email to Meg, he compared Pamela's deception to his own, though he continued to apologize for the stunt.

"I want to try and make you understand that I consider myself a decent person who made a dreadful error in judgment," Delp wrote to Meg, the Globe reports. "I acted out of some impulse that is still not completely fathomable to me."

The Boston Herald has stood behind its coverage, calling it "both accurate and excellent." The paper had reported that Delp felt trapped between Scholz and the other members of Boston, and that his role as middleman contributed to his deteriorating mental state. Meg Sullivan's testimony seems to lend credence to this idea.

"I believe that Tom Scholz and Boston caused the depression which caused Brad to put a camera in my bedroom," Meg Sullivan said, according to the Globe.

As is often the case, the truth may be more complicated. Before killing himself by asphyxiating on carbon monoxide from the two charcoal grills he'd lit in his sealed bathroom, Delp left four suicide notes. In the one he penned for Meg and Tom, he copped to a history of mental illness.

"I have had bouts of depression and thoughts of suicide since I was a teenager," he wrote.

Source

:BB More Than A (Bad) Feeling

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:25 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"I believe that Tom Scholz and Boston caused the depression which caused Brad to put a camera in my bedroom," Meg Sullivan said, according to the Globe.

Um, he'd been depressed his entire adult life. Yeah, it must be Scholz's fault that he put a perv camera in his fiance's sister's room. :roll:

Profile  Offline

Topic Top