Login |  Register

Post subject: Glenn Hughes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:26 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Frontiers Records has revealed more information about the highly anticipated new GLENN HUGHES album, entitled "First Underground Nuclear Kitchen (F.U.N.K.)", which is scheduled for release on May 11.

Produced by Glenn in Los Angeles, after countless hours spent writing in his home studio, "F.U.N.K." is another magnificent statement from the "Voice of Rock." "It is a roots album, it is a true account of my musical heritage but also fearless and multi-dimensional," says Hughes.

Once again Glenn has reinvented himself and his art, being able to offer a new album which is truly emotional and picturing his own current way to speak the language of music.

"The beauty of makin' music, for me", explains the former DEEP PURPLE and singer and bassist, "is to have a vast blank canvas. To completely open myself up to the universe and the spirits, that these days, live with me day and night. I am no longer in fear of the dark, or what lurks behind door number 13. The songs on my new album were written in, and around my Los Angeles home, sometimes in semi-consciousness... sometimes, in a dreamstate, sometimes fully alert, as I was in full jog down by the harbour... these new songs are a true vindication. And realization, of the gift of a serene life, one day at a time".

The result is a brilliant balance of the diverse influences that have always been present in Glenn's music, but with an incredible and very addictive mood that helps creating a feeling of joy and true enjoyment all over the album. "I believe that the hard work has been worth waitin' for, this is for all my fans, and beyond: a deep musical statement," concludes Glenn.

Once again all drums on the record were played by none other than the great Chad Smith of the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, while Luis Maldonado took care of the majority of the guitars (JJ Marsh and George Nastos only appear on two songs each) and Anders Olinder is on keyboards (with Ed Roth guesting on three songs).

"F.U.N.K." track listing:

01. Crave
02. First Underground Nuclear Kitchen
03. Satellite
04. Love Communion
05. We Shall Be Free, Imperfection
06. Never Say Never
07. We Go To War
08. Oil And Water
09. Too Late to Save the World
10. Where There's A Will

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:08 pm 
The Ultimate Dio Fan
Favorite Band: DIO
Thanks for the info. Bill.

Everything that Glenn does is AMAZING, and every album is completely different than the previous one. I honestly don't know how he does it!

When you're on your way to somewhere - But the elevator falls - Do you look for stairs to heaven - Or wander through the halls…..

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:39 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
I'm not as fond of his vocals these days as I used to be, might still give this a shot though

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:33 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) will perform a "plugged-in" set on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline", hosted by Bob Coburn, on Wednesday, August 13 at 11:30 p.m. EST/8:30 p.m. PST. Fans can talk live with Hughes by calling 800-344-ROCK (7625). To find a station near you or to listen to the show live via the Internet, go to http://www.rocklineradio.com.

A brand new GLENN HUGHES track, entitled "Love Communion", is available for streaming on his MySpace page. The song comes off the former DEEP PURPLE bassist/vocalist's new solo album, "First Underground Nuclear Kitchen (F.U.N.K.)", which is scheduled for release on May 11 via Frontiers Records.

Commented Hughes: "['Love Communion' is] a beautiful song and signals what kind of record 'F.U.N.K.' is all about.

He added, "I'm ever so proud of this record. I wanted to make a record that I can live with for the next 20 years, a record that is timeless.

"If you're going to buy one Glenn Hughes record or if you’ve never heard of Glenn Hughes before, this is the one to jump on board with.

"Look out soon for the video of 'Love Communion', as I wrapped up the video shoot a couple of weeks ago."

Produced by Glenn in Los Angeles, after countless hours spent writing in his home studio, "F.U.N.K." is another magnificent statement from the "Voice of Rock." "It is a roots album, it is a true account of my musical heritage but also fearless and multi-dimensional," said Hughes.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:58 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Hey, I just got "Hughes/Thrall" in the mail today!

What a coincidence. :D

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:36 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:

Actually, I get the ideas for what news to cover by going through your mail. :wink:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:40 am 
The Ultimate Dio Fan
Favorite Band: DIO
RockHard wrote:

Oh man.......you'll LOVE that one!!

When you're on your way to somewhere - But the elevator falls - Do you look for stairs to heaven - Or wander through the halls…..

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:07 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Actually, I get the ideas for what news to cover by going through your mail. :wink:

That'll keep you a busy boy here lately... :lol:

alsworms wrote:
Oh man.......you'll LOVE that one!!

Yep. If I ever get a chance to listen to it... :lol:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:22 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
One-minute audio samples of all the songs that appear on legendary vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes' (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) new solo album, "First Underground Nuclear Kitchen (F.U.N.K.)", aer available on Glenn's MySpace page.

"First Underground Nuclear Kitchen (F.U.N.K.)" is scheduled for release on May 11 via Frontiers Records.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:18 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
"First Underground Nuclear Kitchen (F.U.N.K.)" is scheduled for release on May 11 via Frontiers Records.

Damn! I haven't even gotten to listen to the "Hughes/Thrall" disc yet. :x

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:36 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Stuff.co.nz, guitar legend Joe Satriani, former DEEP PURPLE and BLACK SABBATH bassist and vocalist Glenn Hughes and ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke have been confirmed for New Zealand's first international guitar festival, to be held in July 14-19.

The festival, called G-TARanaki, has been made possible by the international rock reputation and perserverance of Venture Taranaki events project manager Garry Sharpe-Young.

The former rock journalist and writer of countless rock 'n' roll books said the festival would include a number of concerts, workshops, forums, jam sessions and school visits.

Its objective was to give New Zealand guitarists the opportunity to learn from and be inspired by guitar legends across a variety of musical styles.

Sharpe-Young said what was special about the festival was the artists would not jet out as soon as they had played, but would stick around to mix with locals.

"I hope this festival will create lots of unique moments that will only happen in Taranaki. We're going to be getting a lot of local guitar experts in as well, and you never know what will happen when you get all of them together with these international guys. There will be a lot of collaboration, a lot of sharing."

Read more at Stuff.co.nz.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:23 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) will perform with a unique, Kiwi-based band when he plays the G-TARanaki International Guitar Festival on July 19 at the New Plymouth TSB Stadium in New Zealand. Although the erstwhile DEEP PURPLE star will be utilizing his regular Swedish keyboard player Anders Olinder, he will also be joined by three New Zealanders, guitarists Kara Gordon and Simon Koretz, plus drummer Nathan Koretz. Gordon is a winner of the recent Rock2Wgtn guitarist competition while the Koretz siblings regularly perform with their own Hamilton-based band 8FORTY8 as well as regularly performing tribute sets to LED ZEPPELIN, DEEP PURPLE and DREAM THEATER.

Other G-TARanaki performers include SCORPIONS legend Uli Jon Roth, Joe Satriani, ex-GUNS N' ROSES man Gilby Clarke, the ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO, fretless harp guitarist Tim Donahue, Kiwi icon Gray Bartlett, Vernon Reid of LIVING COLOUR, Matthew Marshall, Brian Hatcher, Darren Broughton, Ross Halliday, Frank John and a host of others.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:45 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Joel McIver revealed on last week's "Friday Rock Show", hosted by IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson, that he is currently co-writing the autobiography of legendary DEEP PURPLE/BLACK SABBATH singer Glenn Hughes, due for publication in 2009.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:21 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) will make a live appearance on UK radio station BBC WM 95.6 FM in Birmingham today (Wednesday, September 17) between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. GMT live.

For more information, click http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/local_radio/index.shtml

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:40 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes' (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) new solo album, "First Underground Nuclear Kitchen (F.U.N.K.)", will receive its official North American release on October 7 via Blistering Records through Ryko/Warner distribution. The CD came out in Europe in May via Frontiers Records.

Produced by Glenn in Los Angeles, after countless hours spent writing in his home studio, "F.U.N.K." is another magnificent statement from the "Voice of Rock." "It is a roots album, it is a true account of my musical heritage but also fearless and multi-dimensional," said Hughes.

Once again all drums on the record were played by none other than the great Chad Smith of the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, while Luis Maldonado took care of the majority of the guitars (JJ Marsh and George Nastos only appear on two songs each) and Anders Olinder is on keyboards (with Ed Roth guesting on three songs).

"F.U.N.K." track listing:

01. Crave
02. First Underground Nuclear Kitchen
03. Satellite
04. Love Communion
05. We Shall Be Free, Imperfection
06. Never Say Never
07. We Go To War
08. Oil And Water
09. Too Late to Save the World
10. Where There's A Will

"Love Communion", the new video from Glenn Hughes, can be viewed below.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top