Login |  Register

Post subject: Joe Lynn Turner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:24 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Former DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW and YNGWIE MALMSTEEN singer Joe Lynn Turner will release his first solo live album, entitled "Live In Germany", on October 10 via Frontiers Records. The CD was recorded at the United Forces Of Rock Festival in Ludwigsburg, Germany on September 30, 2007 and features some of the all-time classic songs that Joe has performed with RAINBOW and DEEP PURPLE, along with some of the newest tracks in his solo repertoire.

"Live in Germany" track listing:

01. Death Alley Driver
02. I Surrender
03. Power
04. Street of Dreams
05. Power of Love
06. Can't Let You Go
07. Jealous Lover
08. Your Love is Life
09. Blood Red Sky
10. Stone Cold
11. Can't Happen Here
12. Spotlight Kid
13. Burn

Check out audio samples at http://www.frontiers.it/Default.aspx?tabid=85&pl=J

Joe Lynn Turner will appear live in Germany as part of the Classic Rock Nights 2008 and will perform alongside Jimi Jamison (ex-SURVIVOR) and ORLEANS.

Dates confirmed so far include:

Sep. 25 - Aladin, Bremen
Sep. 26 - Capitol, Hannover
Sep. 28 - Markthalle, Hamburg

The production team responsible for the first SUNSTORM album has started the pre-production on the follow-up effort. This time Joe Lynn has found in his vaults a few true melodic rock gems such as "Standing In The Fire", "Forever Now", "Save a Place in Your Heart", "I Found Love" and "Walk On", while Jim Peterik (ex-SURVIVOR, PRIDE OF LIONS) has contributed these songs to the project: "Say You Will", "Tears On The Pages", "Gutters of Gold". Completing the track listing will be four cuts written by Tom and James Martin (KHYMERA, HOUSE OF LORDS): "The Spirit Inside", "Don't Give Up", "House of Dreams" and "Divided". Guest musicians confirmed to appear on the CD include Dennis Ward (PINK CREAM 69) on bass and guitars, Uwe Reitenauer on guitars and Chris Schmidt on drums. Frontiers hopes to release the album in early 2009.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:57 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Sold! :twisted:

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:09 pm 
The Lord of YouTube
Why Burn?? Why not King Of Dreams??? He should have included the Purple songs from his own period...Besides that, this is a record I surely will buy..

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:36 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Asle_dale wrote:
Why Burn?? Why not King Of Dreams??? He should have included the Purple songs from his own period...Besides that, this is a record I surely will buy..

I agree. That would have been a sweet choice, Asle.... but at least you get Street Of Dreams... :wink:

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:13 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Former DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW and YNGWIE MALMSTEEN singer Joe Lynn Turner will take the stage and rock the crowd at the 20th annual International Waterfront Festival on Sunday, August 31 in Newburgh, New York. Also scheduled to appear are ERIC BURDON & THE ANIMALS.

Joe be joined by most of the musicians that also appear on his first live solo CD, "Live In Germany", slated for release in October.

The lineup for the JLT band at the Waterfront Festival will be as follows:

Karl Cochran - Guitar
Michael Sorrentino - Drums
Carmine Giglio - Keyboards
Lenny Rocillo - Bass
Joe Lynn Turner - Vocals

For more information, go to http://www.newburgh-ny.com/scrapbook/08-Laborday.htm

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:20 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
On July 6, former DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW and YNGWIE MALMSTEEN singer Joe Lynn Turner took part in Freedom Fest, an all-day music festival featuring Joe and nine other members of ROCK AND POP MASTERS (RPM) performing their hits of the '60s, '70s and the '80s.

The WBPM Classic Hits 92.9 FM radio station in Saugerties, New York, which presented the concert, will broadcast the event on August 30, August 31 and September 1.

For more information on broadcast times and to listen to the program via the Internet, visit the radio station http://www.wbpmfm.com/home.php

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:47 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary rock singers Joe Lynn Turner (ex-DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) and Jimi Jamison (ex-SURVIVOR) will play three shows together in Germany under the "Classic Rock Nights 2008" banner. The dates are as follows:

Sep. 25 - Bremen, GER - Aladin
Sep. 26 - Hannover, GER - Capitol
Sep. 28 - Hamburg, GER - Markthalle

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:21 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Joe Lynn Turner (DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN), BLUE ÖYSTER CULT's Joe Bouchard, SURVIVOR's Jimi Jamison, headliners ORLEANS and other Nashville-based musicians will take part in the Rock The Power '70s Style! benefit concert on October 16 at the War Memorial Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee.

The event is a fundraiser is for You've Got The Power, celebrating the organization's 15th anniversary serving crime victims' and children's advocacy.

For more information, click http://www.orleansonline.com/nashville.html

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:15 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary hard rock vocalist Joe Lynn Turner (DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) and his solo band have scheduled the following dates:

Nov. 06 - Farmingdale, NY - Crazy Donkey/Club Loaded (with WHITE LION)
Nov. 28 - Clifton, NJ - Dingbatz

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Joe Lynn Turner
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:28 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary hard rock vocalist Joe Lynn Turner (DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) will be the featured guest on Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM on Friday, January 9.

If you live in the U.S., you can listen to the show live on the Internet between 11:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. at this location.

http://www.q1043.com/main.html

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to the Hürriyet Daily News, legendary hard rock singer Joe Lynn Turner (DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) visited Mayor Mustafa Akaydin of Antalya, a city on the Mediterranean coast of southwestern Turkey, to ask for support for an international music festival he plans to organize in the city.

Akaydin agreed that the municipality should support the organization of such a festival, saying, "Famous artists coming to the city will favorably promote both Turkey and the city. We already stage events to boost the city's cultural and artistic reputation. It will make us very happy to do this."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:59 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
While vacationing in Antayla, Turkey this summer, some Turkish business people approached legendary hard rock vocalist Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) with the idea of presenting a major rock music festival in or near the city sometime in 2011. Turner agreed that this was a great concept.

While the festival is only in the "idea stage" at this time, Joe helped lay the groundwork for it by visiting with Mayor Mustafa Akaydin of Antalya. Akaydin said that the municipality should support the organization of such a festival. He stated, "Famous artists coming to the city will favorably promote both Turkey and the city. We already stage events to boost the city's cultural and artistic reputation. It will make us very happy to do this."

"Antalya is a 'Gold Coast' of international holiday destinations," said Turner, "They have over 300 five-star resorts in or near the area and are still building. Over 32 nations come here for vacations so this region seems like a great fit for a large-scale music festival." He explained that the event would feature a mix of international and Turkish rock musicians.

Although there is no definite date yet, Turner mentioned the possibility of holding the festival in May 2011. Joe described his role as "the celebrity face of the project, working with government and sponsors. This will be a very big project and the work will be hard but worth the effort. We hope it is a big success! We have government support and the sponsors will give full support as well!"

Major international artists and/or companies interested in participating in or contributing to in this festival should e-mail Joe Lynn Turner's executive assistant, Lisa Walker: LisaWalker@ToTheMax1.com.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top