Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Accept news
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:09 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
destroyer67 wrote:
bildo wrote:
"Stalingrad" sold around 5,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 81 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Blood Of The Nations", opened with around 2,900 units back in September 2010 to land at No. 187.

What was the final count for Stalingrad after the tour I wonder. That CD rocked balls.

Yes, it certainly did. I can't find any sort of site that allows a search of total album sales. :?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:55 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Heavy metal legends ACCEPT had their April 12 concert at Teatro Caupolicán in Santiago, Chile professionally filmed for their forthcoming DVD.

"We haven't done many live DVDs in our career, as most people know, so this is gonna be a very special occasion for us," ACCEPT guitarist Wolf Hoffmann told Chile's Radio Futuro a few days prior to the concert. "And we chose that city, or that country, because your fans are some of the best in the world and we wanted the best possible audience."

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Hung, Drawn And Quartered
02. Hellfire
03. Restless And Wild
04. Losers And Winners
05. Stalingrad
06. Breaker
07. Bucket Full Of Hate
08. Monsterman
09. Shadow Soldiers
10. Amamos La Vida
11. Guitar Solo (Wolf Hoffmann)
12. Neon Nights
13. Bulletproof
14. Aiming High
15. Princess Of The Dawn
16. Up To The Limit
17. No Shelter
18. Pandemic
19. Fast As A Shark

Encore:

20. Metal Heart
21. Teutonic Terror
22. Balls To The Wall

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:11 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Official documentary in the works:

This year, reformed German metal legends ACCEPT are headlining European festivals, preparing a new album as well as working on their first live DVD and CD featuring Wolf Hoffmann (guitar), Peter Baltes (bass), Mark Tornillo (vocals), Herman Frank (guitar) and Stefan Schwarzmann (drums).

The Teutonic metal band has touched the lives of so many fans and musicians alike along the way in their 30-plus-year career. Having inspired legions of fans with songs like "Fast As A Shark" and "Metal Heart", ACCEPT helped create the speed metal genre. This time, however, it is the band that is inspired by the fans.

With the making of new music on the horizon and their busy schedule, the band is eager to share even more of themselves with their loyal following by announcing the making of the first official ACCEPT documentary. The film will feature footage from ACCEPT's humble beginnings as a garage band in their German home town of Solingen in the late '70s, their '80s "Balls To The Wall" "glory days," and all the way up their most successful reincarnation with powerhouse vocalist Mark Tornillo. This is a very proud and important moment for the German heavy metal band.

ACCEPT invites everybody who has ever crossed paths with the band to head over to their official Facebook page to submit pictures, letters, recordings, videos, films, memorabilia, stories, simply anything and everything ACCEPT. The band invites producers, music industry professionals, promoters, writers, photographers, families, friends, and other musicians whether you've stayed connected with or only passed through the doors to participate — including a special invitation to (our former frontman) Udo and all the musicians who have been performing ACCEPT songs for more than 30 years.

If you were deeply touched by whatever ACCEPT was and is, you are invited to contribute to the archives which will be used for the long-awaited and forthcoming ACCEPT documentary.

Many have had their lives influenced and changed and enriched by ACCEPT, including Lasse in Sweden, for instance, who owns the largest ACCEPT memorabilia collection on the planet.

"These are our heroes and we owe them the recognition and a place in ACCEPT's documented history," says Hoffmann.

Helming the project will be former ACCEPT drummer Stefan Kaufmann. Under his command (as an expert of ACCEPT's history) and along side the band, he will whip the project into shape in order to capture the legacy for all. Baltes adds: "This is not the story of one musician or their 'personal success'; it is ultimately about a band from Germany who defined and inspired more than one music genre."

Fans can submit their material via the ACCEPT Facebook page, including posting on the ACCEPT Facebook wall all or by sending a Facebook message or by e-mailing the band at: acceptology@gmail.com.

ACCEPT is looking for: live photos, stories of meeting the band, fan gatherings, tattoos, ticket stubs, ads (print/audio/video), artwork, collectibles, various merchandise, t-shirts, denim jackets, magazine covers, magazine articles and so much more.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:34 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
Heavy metal legends ACCEPT had their April 12 concert at Teatro Caupolicán in Santiago, Chile professionally filmed for their forthcoming DVD.

Cool. Their new singer has the pipes to back up all their classic stuff too... 8)

Translation: SOLD.

:BB Turn Me On :bluerock:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:52 pm 
Registered Rushaholic
German/American metallers ACCEPT will release their new album, "Blind Rage", on July 18 via Nuclear Blast. Like its two predecessors, 2010's "Blood Of The Nations" and 2012's "Stalingrad", the new CD was helmed by British producer Andy Sneap, who has previously worked with MEGADETH, EXODUS, TESTAMENT, ARCH ENEMY and KILLSWITCH ENGAGE.

"Something happened to us, something subliminal and impetuous," commented ACCEPT guitarist and main composer Wolf Hoffmann. "It is wild and scary and it’s called 'Blind Rage'!"

He added: "The cover artwork done by Daniel Goldsworthy shows the beast coming over us — in blind rage — all over the planet. Wherever we go, whenever you turn on the TV — there is blind rage in the works — either natural catastrophes or man-made madness."

In a recent interview with journalist Mitch Lafon, ACCEPT singer Mark Tornillo was asked whether fans of the band's first two albums with Tornillo on vocals — "Blood Of The Nations" and "Stalingrad" — will be happy with the musical direction of the new ACCEPT album. "Yeah, I would say," he said. "It's more of the same, but even more of a classic feel than the other ones, I think. There's some songs on this one, I think, that when you hear the opening riffs, you're gonna go, 'Wow! This could have been on 'Balls To The Wall'. This could have been on 'Metal Heart'.' It's just very classic-sounding stuff, classic-sounding ACCEPT stuff. But with a lot of very diverse things on this record as well. I mean, you've got the heavies and the double basses, but some things that, I think, are a little different."

Regarding whether the songwriting process for the new ACCEPT album was more comfortable for him, having done two albums already with the band prior to this one, Tornillo said: "It is more comfiortable for me. I think it's a little more comfortable for everyone. 'Stalingrad' was the one, I think, that threw us all for a loop, more than anything, because we had set the bar so high with 'Blood Of The Nations'. And we were really searching for a niche with 'Blood Of The Nations' still, searching for an identity for the band. So 'Stalingrad' was actually more of a challenge, I think, than this one was. We really kind of settled in with this one and are not afraid to take a chance here and there now too. So we'll see what happens. I'm loving it. So I'm just hoping the fans will feel the same way."

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:18 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
SOLD

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9