Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Accept news
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:01 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
At least they're coming to your town. :(

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Steve, I've been listening to the Balls To The Wall album and it's entirely possible that I've never heard any of those songs before in my life. I didn't recognize any of them. And don't blame me. Nappy could have played me some in the past 20 years instead of playing Rush all the time.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:31 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Steve, I've been listening to the Balls To The Wall album and it's entirely possible that I've never heard any of those songs before in my life. I didn't recognize any of them. And don't blame me. Nappy could have played me some in the past 20 years instead of playing Rush all the time.

I just can't believe you've never heard the title track if nothing else... Balls To The Wall is a classic. I still hear it all the time on the Bone... and it even used to get some play time on some of the classic rock radio stations I've listened to over the years.

Well, at least you've heard it now. :mrgreen:

:BB Too High To Get It Right

PS ~ What do you think of them? It's not going to hurt my feelings one way or the other... but I'm curious to get your take. After all, it's not often we get to hear the opinion of someone who has apparently been living under a rock for the last 30 years and missed some of the most kick-ass metal of all time. :lol:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:00 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I like it a lot. I think Priest had more hooks and diversity, but Accept has that straight in your face metal. Does that make sense?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:11 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
I like it a lot. I think Priest had more hooks and diversity, but Accept has that straight in your face metal. Does that make sense?

Absolutely.

Accept will never replace Priest or Maiden as my favorite Euro bands from the 80s, but they had a crap-ton of awesome tunage nonetheless.

Glad you're enjoying them... :B

Any standout tracks?

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:39 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

Absolutely.

Accept will never replace Priest or Maiden as my favorite Euro bands from the 80s, but they had a crap-ton of awesome tunage nonetheless.

Glad you're enjoying them... :B

Any standout tracks?

I stopped learning song titles about 10 years ago for the most part. That's because I only really listen in my car. Not a good idea to read the liner notes when I'm going 85 miles per- I mean 55 miles per hour. Plus, I always listen to an entire album instead of individual tracks. Rest assured, the albums have been an awesome experience! :tup

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:04 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
Any standout tracks?

I stopped learning song titles about 10 years ago for the most part. That's because I only really listen in my car. Not a good idea to read the liner notes when I'm going 85 miles per- I mean 55 miles per hour.

Speak for yourself. :P

bildo wrote:
Plus, I always listen to an entire album instead of individual tracks. Rest assured, the albums have been an awesome experience! :tup

Yeah... you're probably using those discs as coasters, you blasphemer. :tsk:

Just playing... No worries. Just glad they went to a good home... or car... or do you just live in your car at this point? :shrug:

:lol:

:BB Track 3... Track 3... Trac

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:44 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Shawn Macomber of Decibel magazine recently conducted an interview with guitarist Wolf Hoffmann of reformed heavy metal legends ACCEPT. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Decibel: Was it easier to approach "Stalingrad" without the weight of it as a "comeback album" on your shoulders?

Wolf: "Blood Of The Nations" has been the result of unimaginable coincidences from running into [singer] Mark Tornillo as well as [producer] Andy Sneap. Both have been unknown to us until we met. Inspired by Mark's voice, we were free as birds and everything fell in line. The result has been the biggest surprise in our music career. With "Stalingrad", two things happened: the fans around the globe gave us the greatest gift — we felt welcomed, which resulted in a healthy self-assurance and inspired us to ask more from ourselves than ever before. We knew exactly where we wanted to go — staying on the path and again, let it all come out. Being the same and yet a bit different is not that easy, but we had no problems with that. The result and the success will be defined by our fans and so far, we are speechless. "Stalingrad" is very well received everywhere!

Decibel: Mark Tornillo kills it again this time out — a super-solid, meat-and-potatoes, rock-metal singer.

Wolf: You know, the story about Mark Tornillo and ACCEPT is so unbelievable that if it would not have happened to me, I would not believe it. We all have — besides others — one unique thing in common: first and foremost, we never believed we would come back into the music world. Never. It is no secret that we are not seventeen anymore and that Mark as well as Peter [Baltes, bass] and I have lived a totally different life for a long, long time. The minute we started playing and Mark started singing during an accidental jam session, it was done. It opened a door we three did not know a second before that, that we would actually go through it. We did not think about the consequences — it has been a gut decision…. very scary, if you think about it. For us and foremost for the fans, this is the perfect marriage. Our music needs his voice and vice versa… I guess.

Decibel: You've been writing and recording with Accept for decades now, with a few well documented hiatuses. What is it that has brought you back to ACCEPT over and over when some thought the band had run its course?

Wolf: I guess we never did run our course, in reality. It was all circumstantial. But as I mentioned before — and not everybody has to agree — for me, being a musician is a never-ending struggle for perfection. How can I look into a fan's eye and be tortured by doubt if I could have delivered something better? I cannot. So, the only way out is to be constantly the best I can. And if the best is good enough, it will be decided by our fans and surely not by me!

Decibel: Do you ever think about the band's legacy? Or is that something you feel would be counterproductive to continuing to push forward?

Wolf: I am not sure what you are asking here. The legacy of ACCEPT has been put down decades ago. We are meticulous — and always have been — to never sell out and nurture our own expectations of excellent work. Maybe that is what we are more aware of now than in the past. It sure is, I guess.

Decibel: I imagine your shows must have representatives of many ages and heavy metal subgenres in attendance.

Wolf: You are right. For many, it is something they have not been aware of or seen for a long time — the elders remember and the young ones discover. We're loving every minute of this. We feel so connected and so real and so close to people from all walks of life.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:22 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Patrick Prince of Powerline recently conducted an interview with guitarist Wolf Hoffmann of reformed heavy metal legends ACCEPT. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Powerline: As far as ["Stalingrad"] being the second album with [ACCEPT singer] Mark Tornillo, do you find things getting a lot easier?

Hoffmann: About the same, to be honest. I mean, the main challenge is always to come up with the music and some sort of title idea or hook line idea that's really catchy and really grabs you. And once that is done … that, to me, is always the hardest part, and obviously somebody's got to write the lyrics for the verses and stuff. That's really, in my mind, not that big of a deal but that can be difficult as well, you know. But, anyhow, we leave that to Mark nowadays.

Powerline: Isn't it amazing how Mark has just fit right in?

Hoffmann: It is totally amazing. And it is even more amazing how people sort of embraced him.

Powerline: Well, metalheads did know about him and he did have his fan base with TT QUICK. He's a decent guy, a good singer and he slips right in that ACCEPT mode.

Hoffmann: Yeah, he was sort of known in the U.S. in some circles and stuff but, you know, when you go to Russia or Europe, people have never heard of him. So it really comes down to how he can he deliver the stuff onstage and how does he come across on the album — and people love it.

Powerline: Were you surprised at the immediate reaction of the new album?

Hoffmann: I'm pleasantly surprised. A lot of people say this is as good or maybe even better than "Blood Of The Nations", which is a small miracle to me because "Blood Of The Nations" has been so well received that we wondering how we could possibly come up with something that's even on par with it. It could have been, hell, we were just lucky or just at the right time and at the right place or whatever. You are always afraid that you can't top it or come up with something as good but I guess apparently we did.

Powerline: It is as good, if not better. You've got into a groove here where you have a take-no-prisoners attitude.

Hoffmann: This is our time. This is our moment. We shouldn't think about it too much and just let it rip, you know. That's what the attitude was when we started to write this stuff. We said, "Let's not think about it too much. Let's not change anything. Let's just keep on doing what we're doing." It worked well last time so why change a winning formula. Let's do another album that's similar but not too similar. More songs along the same lines and let's use the same producer.

Powerline: You always wonder when a band comes out with a new album that they will experiment and change directions.

Hoffmann: No, I don't think we are going to make that mistake ever again in our lives. We've been there done that, [where we] tried to change directions. Life is too short and we just want to do what we want and have fun. We kind of know where we fit in now. And it's a lot easier to say that now than it was back then. Because now we have this long history and we know exactly what fans love about ACCEPT. It would be foolish to try anything radical nowadays. We know where we stand and where we belong.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:55 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Powerline: You always wonder when a band comes out with a new album that they will experiment and change directions.

Hoffmann: No, I don't think we are going to make that mistake ever again in our lives. We've been there done that, [where we] tried to change directions. Life is too short and we just want to do what we want and have fun. We kind of know where we fit in now. And it's a lot easier to say that now than it was back then. Because now we have this long history and we know exactly what fans love about ACCEPT. It would be foolish to try anything radical nowadays. We know where we stand and where we belong.

:beerbang:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:41 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Ruben Mosqueda of Oregon Music News recently conducted an interview with guitarist Wolf Hoffmann of reformed German heavy metal legends ACCEPT. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Oregon Music News: With "Stalingrad" being Mark Tornillo's [vocals] second record, was he more involved on the new album than the previous album?

Wolf: (pause) I'd say Mark's involvement was about the same; the songwriting process hasn't changed in the band's 30-year career. It's Peter [Baltes, bass] and I who take one of the riffs and begin to come up with some of the raw ideas for the song. There are times that we already have some ideas for a chorus, other times we don't. We then give what we have to Mark at a certain point and he put his own spin on it. After he gets his hands on it — sometimes it might change the direction of the song, other times it might remain close to the original idea. An example of a song that came together very quickly is "Stalingrad", and it is very close to the original idea or concept we had in mind — that was one of the very first things we did, actually.

Oregon Music News: You retained [producer] Andy Sneap for "Stalingrad". Things went incredibly well the last time around; it sounds like you took the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" approach.

Wolf: Oh yeah, absolutely. We knew, "Why change it if it's working so well?" you know? That was our thought going into the new album — whatever worked the last time, we'll do that again. Why mess with it? I guess the way that we looked at it, we wanted it the same without it being the same. We wanted ideas that were like you heard on "Blood Of The Nations" — huge backing vocals, heavy guitar riffs, which makes the ACCEPT anthems. The hard part was the first album; we were searching for what ACCEPT would sound like today. When we found what that was we just wrote more songs. The great thing about that is that we tossed out some of the crazy ideas that did not sound like ACCEPT; those weren't worth pursuing.

Oregon Music News: Will Wolf Hoffmann write a biography at some point? It would be a great read, I think. It could be a behind-the-scenes of the band, a love story with you and [your wife and ACCEPT's manager] Gaby. There's so many angles that you could take.

Wolf: Ain't gonna happen, man, it ain't gonna happen! [laughs] Here's why, because I've asked Gaby about it, too. She's got the stories to tell more than I do. She's the one pulling the strings behind the scenes and she doesn't want to do it because it would open so many old wounds. We can't talk about the past without hurting a few people and saying a few negative things. If you're going to write a book, you have to tell the truth; otherwise you'd be cheating yourself and the public. If you're telling the story how it really happened, it's going to be painful. Right now we don't want to go there. I think sometimes it's better to leave things alone and just move on. Anyone that has been in the entertainment business will tell you it's never all smooth sailing — a lot of stuff happens along the way that you'd really rather forget.

Oregon Music News: An ACCEPT documentary would be great as well.

Wolf: I don't really know. I think I'd have to look at the format, but as I said, these things aren't my favorite things to do. I'm not the best member of the band to ask stuff related to the band's past. I don't recall all the details. I don't live in the past mentally. I am a person that feels what is done is done — I'll put it aside and move forward. Sometimes I have a hard time recalling who produced a particular album. It's funny, a lot of fans know all these details about the band that I can't even recall — and I was there! [laughs] I say to them, "Oh, yeah that's right — I almost forgot about that."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:51 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Mark Kadzielawa of 69 Faces Of Rock recently conducted an interview with guitarist Wolf Hoffmann of reformed heavy metal legends ACCEPT. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

69 Faces Of Rock: You did a massive amount of touring for the last record. How did things work on the road?

Wolf Hoffmann: Obviously, it worked really well because we're still here. We're still friends. It takes about a week, and you know somebody, and how they behave on the road, and stuff. Mark [Tornillo, vocals] is a true professional, who's been on the road many times. Maybe he was never on the road as extensively as he was with us, especially in the international sense, but he did great. I mean, we went to like 30 countries on the last tour, and that was certainly new for him. It wasn't completely new to us. We had done a lot of touring, but never quite that extensive. It was good for everybody to bond. It was a good experience.

69 Faces Of Rock: The reason I asked that question is because I remember when David Reece [vocals] was in the band, ACCEPT pretty much broke up after the Chicago gig back in 1989.

Wolf Hoffmann: Like I've said, it takes about a week, and you know somebody, especially on the road. Back then, we knew from the get-go, "Oh, no, this isn't going too well." With David Reece, we pretty much knew right away. We didn't need to spend months on the road to find out the chemistry wasn't there. It took few days, and you knew there was trouble.

69 Faces Of Rock: Many fans are surprised how quickly you put the new album out. And considering how active the band was on the road, how did you pull this off?

Wolf Hoffmann: Well, we just sit down, and wrote the songs. What we did, we came off the road last August (2011) and locked ourselves into the studio right away, and forced ourselves to write songs. This is how we work. You know what I mean? That's how we get things done in this band. There was not a lot of stuff that was written on the road, or accumulated from the earlier days. We practically sat down, and cranked the stuff out. And we do this, when we need to. It's weird, but we work our best this way. The certain amount of pressure is good. We dedicate the time, we turn off the phones, and write the songs.

69 Faces Of Rock: What really stands out about the album, is Mark Tornillo's vocal performance. Now it seems like he was only warming up on the last album, and that was a good record to begin with.

Wolf Hoffmann: He feels little bit more comfortable and secure. He's been in the band now for a while, and that probably reflects in his vocal style. We have all the trust in his vocal ability, and it allows us to write a few more melodic things. But quite honestly, we tried to write stuff that was just along the lines of "Blood Of The Nations". When we've said we were gonna make this album, we said, "You know, this last one worked so well, and it was so well received, we would be foolish to try to change anything. Let's just make more of the same, but with fresh ideas, new songs, but let's not try to do anything differently."

69 Faces Of Rock: How much input did Mark have this time around?

Wolf Hoffmann: It was very similar to how we did it last time. When we met Mark, we didn't think we were gonna put ACCEPT back together. We were not looking for a singer, we weren't auditioning, and we didn't have any songs. It just happened out of the blue. We met him one day and decided then and there we were gonna reform ACCEPT. And if we do that, we might as well write new songs. We've written songs as we always write, and that's Peter [Baltes] and I will sit down, and crank out riffs, and at certain point these develop into a sort of a rough song structure. Peter does adds some scratch vocals onto the songs, and until it feels like a song. And then we those nonsense lyrics, or chorus hooks, and give it to the singer, or the lyricist. In this case, obviously it's Mark, in the older days it was Gaby [Hoffmann, Wolf's wife and ACCEPT's manager], and then Udo performed them. But the basic songwriting structure has always been the same in ACCEPT, and that really hasn't changed at all.

69 Faces Of Rock: So you really enjoying this second lease on life?

Wolf Hoffmann: Absolutely. We're as happy and as thrilled as we've ever been. This could be a whole new chapter for us and continue for many more years. If all goes well, I feel, the best is yet to come. We're just honestly getting started, and after 30-something years, and all the brakes in between, this is it. We've had so much down time to reflect on things, and we really feel like this is it for us.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:47 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Metal Shock Finland, legendary German guitarist Wolf Hoffmann (ACCEPT) has unveiled his first signature guitar. Dubbed "Made In Germany", the six-string guitar was developed and manufactured according to Wolf's needs and is now available from Framus as a signature model.

"Growing up in Germany, everybody had a Framus guitar at one point or another and I could have never anticipated that one day I would be friends with Hans Peter Wilfer, the man behind the rebirth of his father's legendary brand," Wolf told Metal Shock Finland's chief editor, Mohsen Fayyazi. "I had no idea what an amazing company they really are until I went to their factory and saw first hand the unbelievable craftsmanship and quality they deliver. I am happy and proud to introduce my first signature guitar, a real 'Heavy Metal Axe' – made in Germany!"

Details:

* Neck-Trough
* Curved Bodyshape
* Available as right-handed
* Sperzel Trim-Lok machine heads
* Locking nut
* Maple neck
* Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard
* Illuminated Side-Dots
* Block / Pyramid inlays
* Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
* 24 small and high frets, Nickelsilver (Width: 2 mm / Height: 1.3 mm) rounded edges
* IFT - Invisible Fretwork Technology + Plek Fretwork
* Maple body
* Active EMG 81 pickups (bridge), EMG SA pickups (neck)
* Passive electronic with singlecoilboost in Electronics compartment
* Volume control
* 3-way switch
* Original Floyd Rose with FU-Tone.com Brass big Block
* Warwick security locks
* Black hardware
* Strings (.010" - .046")
* Including Framus “User Kit”
* Including "RockCase" Deluxe Line (RC 10825 SA F)
* Individually issued certifi cate of authenticity
* Weight: 3.7 kg

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:20 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
In a brand new interview with Chile's Radio Futuro, guitarist Wolf Hoffmann of reformed heavy metal legends ACCEPT revealed that the band is planning to enter the studio soon to begin work on the follow-up to 2012's "Stalingrad". "We're currently gathering material," he said. "We're writing stuff actively, so give us a few more months, and hopefully, by the end of the year, we 'll have enough material to actually start working on a new studio album. But it won't be long. I can't guarantee when exactly it's gonna be happening, but we wanna definitely go back to the studio as soon as we can."

Hoffmann also spoke about ACCEPT's decision to have its April 12 concert at Teatro Caupolicán in Santiago, Chile professionally filmed for the band's forthcoming DVD.

"We haven't done many live DVDs in our career, as most people know, so this is gonna be a very special occasion for us," he said. "And we chose that city, or that country, because your fans are some of the best in the world and we wanted the best possible audience."

Speaking to Sweden's Metalshrine last November, Wolf stated about the band's plans to release a concert DVD: "A lot of fans are asking for it and they feel that ACCEPT is so strong now and they've seen us live. They think, 'They're on fire! Where can I get proper recorded DVD from?' We've already recorded some shows and it's actually quite challenging. Everybody's doing these live DVDs at festivals, because that's the easiest thing because the cameras are already there... I think it's almost a discrepancy, because at the live show, you really have to focus on the audience at that moment and you've got to play the greatest hits and maybe two or three songs from the new one, where on a DVD, I always wanna see more obscure songs that might not work so well at the concert while you're there. I'm always thinking, 'Wouldn't it be better if we had a sort of a special occasion where we recorded some stuff that we don't normally play live?' I'm not sure. I haven't debated that all the way through to the end, but I always think, 'If we just record a show, maybe that's not enough? Maybe we should have a special event where we just set aside for filming and look at it that way.'"

"Stalingrad" sold around 5,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 81 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Blood Of The Nations", opened with around 2,900 units back in September 2010 to land at No. 187.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 am 
Metal God
Favorite Band: Queensryche?
bildo wrote:
"Stalingrad" sold around 5,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 81 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Blood Of The Nations", opened with around 2,900 units back in September 2010 to land at No. 187.

What was the final count for Stalingrad after the tour I wonder. That CD rocked balls.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next