Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: UDO news
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:52 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
U.D.O. — the German metal band led by former ACCEPT frontman Udo Dirkschneider — will embark on a short North American tour in April.

Confirmed dates are as follows:

April 09 - Amityville, NY - Ollie's Point
April 10 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre
April 11 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance
April 12 - Montreal, QC - Foufounes Electriques
April 13 - St-Ferdinand, QC - Style Metal
April 14 - Toronto, ON - Mod Club
April 18 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
April 19 - Detroit, MI - Harpo's
April 20 - Joliet, IL - Mojoe's
April 21 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
April 23 - West Hollywood, CA - Whisky A Go Go

U.D.O. has recruited a new guitarist to replace Stefan Kaufmann, who left the group late last year for health reasons.

Stefan will continue to work with U.D.O. behind the scenes and produce other bands at his Roxx studio.

Kaufmann was the drummer for ACCEPT on nine albums but was forced to give up drumming towards the end of the band's initial run due to health problems.

Stefan joined U.D.O. as a guitar player in 1996, following ACCEPT's second breakup, and has recorded nine albums with them.

"Live In Sofia", the new DVD+CD and Blu-ray+CD from U.D.O., entered the Music DVD chart in Finland at position No. 1 and in Germany at No. 4.

"Live In Sofia" contains footage of U.D.O.'s November 16, 2011 concert at Hristo Botev Hall in Sofia, Bulgaria.

U.D.O. 's latest album, "Rev-Raptor", was released on May 20, 2011 via AFM Records.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:39 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
U.D.O. — the German metal band led by former ACCEPT frontman Udo Dirkschneider — has announced the addition of guitarist Andrey Smirnov to the group's ranks. He replaces Stefan Kaufmann, who left the group late last year for health reasons.

Commented U.D.O.: "It was a long search and we met a lot of talented musicians. But at the end, it was an easy decision since Andrey is the perfect fit for the band (as a friend and as a musician). Everybody in the band and around is very happy to have met Andrey just in perfect timing.

"Andrey Smirnov (born December 31, 1983) is the Russian rock musician, multi-instrumentalist, and singer-songwriter who is the lead vocalist, guitarist, primary songwriter and founder of the Russian modern metal band EVERLOST. He is also the session guitarist of PAUL DI'ANNO, BLAZE BAYLEY (ex-IRON MAIDEN) and once was a part of famous Russian metal bands MASTER, EPIDEMIA and few others. Andrey is a well-respected studio musician. His major label releases only in 2012 consist of EVERLOST single, famous Russian rock star Artur Berkut album, popular Soviet hair-metal legend of the '80s GALAXY and his own solo album, 'Adrenaline'. For most of these albums Andrey worked as the sound producer, arranger and guitarist. Also, for the last few years Smirnov is touring guitarist of Russian retro-heroes ZEMLYANE.

"Andrey was with us in the studio recording the new album and was already a very important part of team. His live debut with U.D.O. will be the U.S. tour scheduled for April. The band is really looking forward to come back to their fans in the U.S. after such a long time. Even better to present something very special to the U.S. fans now."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:29 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Guitarist Igor Gianola has left U.D.O. — the German metal band led by former ACCEPT frontman Udo Dirkschneider — "due to conflicts between band appointments and his private life and business."

The remainining members of the group state: "Since the business of U.D.O. develops and the band tours more and more all over the world, Igor simply wasn't available for so many different long periods. The band respects his decision and wishes him all the best for the future. Igor was with the band since nearly 15 years now and became a very important and highly respected band member. Thank you very much, Igor!

"Thanks to our metal god the band already found a new bandmate: Finnish guitarist Kasperi Heikkinen [pictured below]. Well we can write now that together with our other new guitarist Andrey Smirnov, they are one of the best guitar teams in metal but we don't want to do that because every other band does like this. We're sure you will find out by yourself and than you will write exactly that fact! The band is very happy to have found Kasperi and now the metal machine will go ahead better than ever. Watch out for the Steelhammer!!"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
U.D.O. — the German metal band led by former ACCEPT frontman Udo Dirkschneider — will release its new album, "Steelhammer", on May 24 via AFM Records. The CD was produced by Dirkschneider and Fitty Wienhold.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:04 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
The CD was produced by Dirkschneider and Fitty Wienhold.

Fitty Wienhold? :huh:

C'mon. They're making these names up now. :roll:

:lol:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
The CD was produced by Dirkschneider and Fitty Wienhold.

Fitty Wienhold? :huh:

C'mon. They're making these names up now. :roll:

Making fun of der Germans is verboten! :P

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:51 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
U.D.O. — the German metal band led by former ACCEPT frontman Udo Dirkschneider — will release its new album, "Steelhammer", on May 24 via AFM Records. The CD was produced by Dirkschneider and Fitty Wienhold.

A 30-second audio preview of "Steelhammer" is available in the YouTube clip below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... n2LZ5LsV-c

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:35 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
U.D.O. members Udo Dirkschneider (vocals) and Fitty Wienhold (bass) were interviewed for the latest installment of the "Talking Metal" podcast.

Asked about his former band ACCEPT and whether he has heard the two albums the group has recorded with singer Mark Tornillo — 2010's "Blood Of The Nations" and 2012's "Stalingrad" — Udo said: "I was listening to 'Blood Of The Nations', of course. I mean, good album, good singer. The second album, I only heard one song, 'Stalingrad'. I think the second album, for me, is not [as] good as the first one. I had the feeling they were recording already the second album together with the first one; [at least that's what] it sounds like."

He continued: "Wolf [Hoffmann, ACCEPT guitarist] said he was not in contact with me about the reunion, but then what can I say?! This is not true. He was asking me. But then we had a long talk and then at the end I said, 'No, guys, I don't wanna do it again. I'm really happy with U.D.O. And I wish you all the best. Good luck for the future.' That's it."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:22 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Incidentally, the "Live In Sofia" release (2CD/DVD) is rockin' stuff (in a small package, of course :lol:), if anyone's interested.

:BB Balls To The Wall

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:02 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Mark Kadzielawa of 69 Faces Of Rock recently conducted an interview with former ACCEPT and current U.D.O. frontman Udo Dirkschneider. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

69 Faces Of Rock: Years ago, you told me you're continuing ACCEPT's musical legacy. Is that still the case?

Udo: I mean, not really. Of course, the voice is still there. [laughs] But music-wise.... of course, there is some ACCEPT stuff in there, but I think over the years U.D.O. has developed its own style. Let's say that songwriting-wise, there's a little bit of that left.

69 Faces Of Rock: Speaking of ACCEPT, they had a significant success with the new lineup. In your opinion, do you think the band was able to maintain the spirit of the band that you were once in?

Udo: I don't know. Let's say it this way, I'm not interested in ACCEPT anymore. I wish them all the best. They were asking me to do the reunion, and but I said "no" in the end. It made no sense to me to do it again. It didn't work out two times. I don't know why they did this after 15 years. I mean, what can I say? I think they did a good album, "Blood Of The Nations" was a good album. They have a good singer, and I wish them good luck.

69 Faces Of Rock: Well, anyone who was an ACCEPT fan, automatically became an U.D.O. fan and vice versa. right?

Udo: Well, let's say it this way: when ACCEPT was not in the business for 15 years, I carried on, and I carried on playing a lot of ACCEPT's songs. And now they take over from U.D.O. They came back, and people still now the songs, and U.D.O. helped by playing those songs all these years. But there's a lot of things that, you know.

69 Faces Of Rock: Is it safe to say that their recent success paved the way for U.D.O. to come back to the States? I mean, if people like them, they will automatically like the original voice of that band, and that is you.

Udo: Yeah, I actually made more albums with U.D.O. than I made with ACCEPT at this point. And I think I'm more known for U.D.O. than for my work with ACCEPT. I mean, we still play the ACCEPT's songs, but not that many. We play the classic stuff. It's maybe good for the people, they have U.D.O. and ACCEPT, so they can hear "Balls To The Wall" twice, one with original singer, and one with a different singer.

69 Faces Of Rock: That's the point, both bands supplement each other, and the fans get twice the amount of the music. So at the end of the day, it all works out.

Udo: Yeah, I don't have any problem with it anymore. It's a win-win situation, let's put it this way.

69 Faces Of Rock: And with their presence back in the picture, does it make you want to push the envelope harder?

Udo: No, not at all. For me, ACCEPT is just like MOTÖRHEAD or SAXON; it's just another band.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:05 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Udo: No, not at all. For me, ACCEPT is just like MOTÖRHEAD or SAXON; it's just another band.

Just another band? :shock: :evil:

Blasphemer. Those are three absolute kick-ass bands. :tsk:

:BB Solid Ball Of Rock

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top