Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Krokus news
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:37 pm 
I remember waaaaay back in the day. I played Krokus' Long Stick Goes Boom over the phone to my best friend and told him AC/DC had a new one out. He went nuts and had his mom run him all over looking for the new AC?DC. fUNNY STUFF.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Rik Rathchild wrote:
I remember waaaaay back in the day. I played Krokus' Long Stick Goes Boom over the phone to my best friend and told him AC/DC had a new one out. He went nuts and had his mom run him all over looking for the new AC?DC. fUNNY STUFF.

In all fairness, an easy mistake to make. :lol:

I'm feeling the urge to review some old Krokus... :twisted:

:BB Eat The Rich

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:55 pm 
Metal God
Favorite Band: Queensryche?
Krokus News:

Vocalist Marc Storace, bassist (and producer) Chris Von Rohr, lead guitarist Fernando Von Arb, rhythm guitarist Mark "Koki" Kohler and drummer Freddy Steady signed with Sony a woldwide contract. The release date for their first new product - long anticipated by fans as the "real KROKUS album" - is planned towards the end of this year. The popularity of the return of the originals was clearly demonstrated during their first reunion concert last August. Over 10,000 euphoric fans welcomed KROKUS at the "Stade De Suisse" in Bern.

Julie Born, General Manager Sony Music Switzerland: "The Signing represents a milestone for our label. We are totally excited that the most successful Swiss Rock Band of all times decided to sign with Sony Music."

Krokus: "We're back - the home of our greatest successes worldwide. For us it was important to find the combination of a relaxed and inspiring work environment. With Sony Music by our side, we have the strongest local partner on our side and at the same time a worldwide release guaranteed. Truly a "win - win" situation."

With over a million units sold alone in their country of origin, KROKUS is the most successful band in Switzerland's rock history. Worldwide, the band sold in excess of 30 million albums. With the new, reunited originals the next chapter of KROKUS history will be written.

The long wait is over - welcome back home!

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:29 pm 
Conservative Metalhead/Boobie Inspector
Favorite Band: Armored Saint
Rik Rathchild wrote:

I actually did the same thing when I heard it on 101 Rockshop.
I swore it was new AC/DC and I did look for it. :lol:

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:20 am 
The Lord of Destruction
destroyer67 wrote:
The popularity of the return of the originals was clearly demonstrated during their first reunion concert last August. Over 10,000 euphoric fans welcomed KROKUS at the "Stade De Suisse" in Bern.

Randy... I reviewed the album associated with their recent reunion, "Hellraiser." You might want to check it out if you haven't already. It's an excellent disc. 8)

Delirious Nomad wrote:
Rik Rathchild wrote:

I'm still waiting for Rik to admit that it was BIll he sent on the wild goose chase... :P

:BB Golden Goose

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:23 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
RockHard wrote:
destroyer67 wrote:
The popularity of the return of the originals was clearly demonstrated during their first reunion concert last August. Over 10,000 euphoric fans welcomed KROKUS at the "Stade De Suisse" in Bern.

Randy... I reviewed the album associated with their recent reunion, "Hellraiser." You might want to check it out if you haven't already. It's an excellent disc. 8)

Delirious Nomad wrote:
Rik Rathchild wrote:

I'm still waiting for Rik to admit that it was BIll he sent on the wild goose chase... :P

:BB Golden Goose

Nope. Before my time. But I will admit that I hardly knew any bands when I first met Rik.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:47 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

Nope. Before my time. But I will admit that I hardly knew any bands when I first met Rik.

Dammit. :x

My joke was much funnier when there was a chance that it was true... :wink:

:BB Who Are You?

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:33 pm 
Metal God
Great news for KROKUS fans: Written by “the long noses” Chris Von Rohr and Fernando Von Arb, along with Marc Storace, the rockers from Solothurn, Switzerland recorded the official song of the “Hockey World Championship 2009".

After 20 years hiatus, the originals are back to rock the world. The anticipated comeback CD of the biggest Rock band to gain International status worldwide will be released towards the end of the year.

However, you can get a taste of the straight-forward, rock hard sound of the “real thing” right now! Click on the link on our HOME page that appears on top in the "HOT NEWS" corner for a sample.

The band wrote this song especially for the Ice Hockey World Championship, which will take place in Switzerland starting April 24th until May 10th, 2009. The name of the new tune, especially written for this event, is called “Live For The Action” and the stomping, pulsating rock anthem is so hot, it will melt the ice!

Heinz Mazenauer, speaker of the Hockey Championship Committee prophesizes enthusiastically: “The song is destined to become a smash hit. KROKUS are rocking hard, straight forward, uncompromising and therefore are the perfect fit to the sport of ice hockey and what it stands for.”

One thing is clear: This is a huge first step to feature the comeback of the originals. This song will not only be played during breaks in the hockey stadiums, but everywhere. And the catchy chorus is addictive. The more often you hear it, the more it gets into your heart and soul. It’s addictive in a good way!

The band will perform the song “live” in Bern at the ice hockey opener of Switzerland against France. In front of a packed stadium and broadcasted via TV to 800 million viewers in over 100 countries. Now that’s some news…

Hockey and Krokus. Not a bad combination. Only thing missing is Vanessa Marcil and some cold beer.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:22 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
:bluerock:

:BB Long Stick Goes Boom

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:29 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
After a 25-year hiatus, the reunited "original" lineup of the Swiss hard rock band KROKUS is totally committed to writing and producing an album that seamlessly fits into the groove of their work of the early Eighties ("Metal Rendez-Vous", "Hardware", "One Vice At A Time", "Headhunter"). They feel they owe this to their faithful fan base. And good things do take time!

In order to get a break from songwriting and recording with a well-deserved change of scenery, KROKUS will play one exclusive summer festival in 2009 on August 5 in Zofingen, Switzerland.

Commented bassist/producer Chris Von Rohr: "It's always good to stop working in the studio for a moment and lose some sweat on stage. We most likely will play one or two new songs live and compare how they stand up against the best we already have from our back catalogue. The fans reaction at the concert will tell us. We call that the 'Platinum-Stage-Test-Son-Of-A-Gun.'"

Added vocalist Marc Storace: "We shall perform on the eve of a full-moon summer sky, when the spirit is naturally high. Open-air festivals are very special because they vibrate warm human feelings combined with a mystical touch. The promoters did well to call it the Magic Night."

KROKUS's new album will be released via the band's new deal with the Swiss branch of Sony Music.

The group recently recorded the official song of the Ice Hockey World Championship, which was held between April 24 and May 10, 2009 in Zurich and Bern, Switzerland. Chris Von Rohr and lead guitarist Fernando Von Arb wrote the track, entitled "Live For The Action", and performed it live — along with the rest of the band — in Bern at the opening game of the Ice Hockey World Championship between Switzerland and France. The event was held in a packed stadium and broadcasted via TV to 800 million viewers in over 100 countries.

Partnered with Ariola and Arista, KROKUS became an international success and ran up the charts with their hit albums "Metal Rendez-Vous" (1980), "Hardware" (1981), "One Vice At A Time" (1982), "Headhunter" (1983), "The Blitz" (1984) and "Change Of Address" (1986).

KROKUS played its only concert of 2008 on August 2 at the Stade De Suisse stadium in Bern, Switzerland in front of 10,000 fans.

The classic KROKUS lineup reunited for an appearance on November 18, 2007 on a TV show honoring the greatest Swiss songs of all time. The "Die grössten Schweizer Hits" program featured KROKUS performing a medley of the tracks "Tokyo Nights", "Bedside Radio" and "Heatstrokes".

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:42 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
After a 25-year hiatus, the reunited "original" lineup of the Swiss hard rock band KROKUS is totally committed to writing and producing an album that seamlessly fits into the groove of their work of the early Eighties ("Metal Rendez-Vous", "Hardware", "One Vice At A Time", "Headhunter"). They feel they owe this to their faithful fan base. And good things do take time!

Fuckin'-A right! :beerbang:

bildo wrote:
Added vocalist Marc Storace: "We shall perform on the eve of a full-moon summer sky, when the spirit is naturally high. Open-air festivals are very special because they vibrate warm human feelings combined with a mystical touch. The promoters did well to call it the Magic Night."

Was that a song lyric? God, I hope not. :?

:lol:

:BB Screaming In The Night

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:24 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Swiss hard rock veterans KROKUS have completed recording their as-yet-untitled new album for an early 2010 release via the band's new deal with the Swiss branch of Sony Music. According to the group's official newsletter, "Producer and founding KROKUS member Chris Von Rohr is feverishly mixing and putting the final touches to the first CD [from the reformed original KROKUS lineup] after an over-20-year hiatus."

KROKUS previously stated that they were "totally committed to writing and producing an album that seamlessly fits into the groove of their work of the early Eighties ('Metal Rendez-Vous', 'Hardware', 'One Vice At A Time', 'Headhunter'). They feel they owe this to their faithful fan base."

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:29 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
:bluerock:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:01 pm 
Metal God
Rob Halford sang backing vocals on "Screaming In The Night". I did not know that.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:26 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
destroyer67 wrote:
Rob Halford sang backing vocals on "Screaming In The Night". I did not know that.

Me either... But that definitely brought on a Heavy Metal Boner moment... :headbanger:

I can't believe that the King of the Vinyl Liner Notes didn't know that... :headsmack:

Sure enough, Mr. H is listed on the CD liner notes.

After a close listen, you can sort of pick out his voice in the choruses... but they harmonize so damn well, I always assumed that Storace's vocals were just doubled. Makes perfect sense, though. Who else besides the mighty Halford could match the gritty scream of Marc Storace? 8)

I listened to "One Vice At A Time" last week... Now I've got to listen to rest of "Headhunter" tonight, without a doubt.

:BB Stayed Awake All Night

PS ~ PLEASE tell me you have "Headhunter," Bill... PLEASE! :beg:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next