Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: Pantera news
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:35 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
The federal government can seize Brown's share of PANTERA's revenue, including royalties from his record and songwriting credits, if a payment plan is not worked out.

Well, the real bite in the ass is that they can seize his earnings... but he'll still have to pay taxes on them next year.

Gotta love the IRS.

:BB The Art Of Scamming

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:14 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
The 20th-anniversary reissue of PANTERA's "Vulgar Display Of Power" sold 9,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 48 on The Billboard 200 chart. This is more than double the first-week tally registered by the 20th-anniversary reissue of PANTERA's classic "Cowboys From Hell" LP, which debuted at No. 117 in September 2010 with sales of 4,200.

Upon its original release, "Vulgar Display Of Power" peaked at No. 44 on The Billboard 200 and spent a total of 77 weeks on the chart, the most weeks any PANTERA album spent on the list.

February 25 marked the 20-year anniversary for PANTERA's "Vulgar Display Of Power", a landmark album widely acknowledged as one of metal's most enduring and influential masterworks. Recorded by singer Philip Anselmo, guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, bassist Rex Brown and drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, the album was certified double platinum by the RIAA and features several of the group's most iconic songs including "Walk", "Mouth For War", "This Love" and "Fucking Hostile".

To celebrate, Rhino channels the album's relentless blitzkrieg of musical aggression onto a two-disc Deluxe Edition. The CD includes the original album remastered and "Piss", a recently discovered unreleased track from the recording sessions. The DVD contains an unreleased live performance filmed in Italy in September of 1992 plus the three official music videos from the album.

Along with the unreleased song, "Vulgar Display Of Power (Deluxe Edition)" also features unreleased video of the quartet performing six songs at the Monsters Of Rock show in Reggio Emilia, Italy on September 12, 1992. The set list draws almost exclusively from "Vulgar" ("This Love", "Rise", "Mouth For War"), but also includes the title track from their previous album, "Cowboys From Hell", and a melding of "Vulgar"'s "Hollow" and "Cowboys"' "Domination", which was a live staple of the band. Video of PANTERA performing live during this era is extremely rare, making the DVD one of the few ways to see them in their prime.

"Vulgar Display Of Power (Deluxe Edition)" track listing:

CD

* "Mouth For War"
* "A New Level"
* "Walk"
* "Fucking Hostile"
* "This Love"
* "Rise"
* "No Good (Attack The Radical)"
* "Live In A Hole"
* "Regular People (Conceit)"
* "By Demons Be Driven"
* "Hollow"
* "Piss" - Previously Unreleased

DVD

* "Mouth For War" - Live In Italy
* "Domination/Hollow" - Live In Italy
* "Rise" - Live In Italy
* "This Love" - Live In Italy
* "Cowboys From Hell" - Live In Italy
* "Mouth For War" - Video
* "This Love" - Video
* "Walk" - Video

Dimebag Darrell was co-founder and lead guitarist for PANTERA. When PANTERA broke up in 2003, Dimebag and his brother Vinnie Paul formed DAMAGEPLAN. On Dec. 8, 2004, while performing with DAMAGEPLAN at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus, Ohio, Dimebag was shot and killed onstage by Nathan Gale. He was 38 years old.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:02 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
The 20th-anniversary reissue of PANTERA's "Vulgar Display Of Power" sold 9,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 48 on The Billboard 200 chart. This is more than double the first-week tally registered by the 20th-anniversary reissue of PANTERA's classic "Cowboys From Hell" LP, which debuted at No. 117 in September 2010 with sales of 4,200.

I ordered this the other day. The DVD looks like it'll be awesome. :tup

:BB Fucking Hostile

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:25 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I saw an article in USAToday about celebrities who are in debt to Uncle Sam with their taxes, and they had an entire insert about Pantera's bass player's troubles.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:17 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
I saw an article in USAToday about celebrities who are in debt to Uncle Sam with their taxes, and they had an entire insert about Pantera's bass player's troubles.

Yep. It seems to be a pretty common occurrence. Most of these guys are much better with their instruments than they are with their money.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

Yep. It seems to be a pretty common occurrence. Most of these guys are much better with their instruments than they are with their money.

The article was saying that the problem is that stars don't realize that their income will fluctuate, or quite possibly, dry up almost completely. They could have a hit tv show for 5 years and be rolling in money, not realizing that when the show goes off the air, they may never get as big a role as that again. Now they have a 10 million dollar mansion that they can't pay the taxes on. Sinbad signed ownership of his mansion to his brother, but the IRS called shenanigans and took it anyways. They need to put that money away and live a moderate lifestyle until they find out if they are going to be one of the very few superstars who will always make a lot of money.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:16 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

The article was saying that the problem is that stars don't realize that their income will fluctuate, or quite possibly, dry up almost completely. They could have a hit tv show for 5 years and be rolling in money, not realizing that when the show goes off the air, they may never get as big a role as that again. Now they have a 10 million dollar mansion that they can't pay the taxes on. Sinbad signed ownership of his mansion to his brother, but the IRS called shenanigans and took it anyways. They need to put that money away and live a moderate lifestyle until they find out if they are going to be one of the very few superstars who will always make a lot of money.

Yep. Sad but true... Happens to sports stars as well. More of them seem to end up flat broke in their 50s than you might expect.

Another problem is when they have dishonest business managers, who often get the artist/athlete to sign over power of attorney to handle their day-to-day financial affairs, but then use their power to rip them off blind, leaving them broke. What's worse, they sometimes even steal the rights to royalties and publishing rights over their music, so the artist even loses their future income and the right to control their own material.

:BB Billy Joel

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top