Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Scorpions news
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:35 pm 
why did I have to add this? Isnt it obvious that this needs to be on the main index? Uli John Roth, Tokyo Tapes, Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism, Taken by Force. Classics

jonG

Post subject: Re: Scorpions
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:54 pm 
Conservative Metalhead/Boobie Inspector
Favorite Band: Armored Saint
jonG wrote:
why did I have to add this? Isnt it obvious that this needs to be on the main index? Uli John Roth, Tokyo Tapes, Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism, Taken by Force. Classics

jonG

No question about it.

Scorps are legends!

I love every era........yes, even "EYE II EYE" !

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:18 pm 
Metal Fan
I like everything up to and including Savage Amusement but prefer the Uli era.

My CD Collection

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:26 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Who else thinks Unbreakable was a good return to form?

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:51 pm 
bildo wrote:
Who else thinks Unbreakable was a good return to form?

I thought "Unbreakable" was a very good release.

Much closer to some of their older stuff.

I'm eagerly awaiting their new release!

8)

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:51 pm 
Admin wrote:
"What? How about you sing what your gonna tell me so I can understand what the fuck your trying to tell me." lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:47 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
SCORPIONS and WHITESNAKE have been confirmed as the headliners of the Spanish edition of the Monsters of Rock festival, set to take place Sunday, June 18 at Feria De Muestras in Zaragoza. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

SCORPIONS
WHITESNAKE
W.A.S.P.
SAXON
APOCALYPTICA
PRIMAL FEAR

-courtesy of Blabbermouth.net

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:50 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Anybody hear anything new about the upcoming release? Should I assume that until World Cup is over they won't be doing squat? :P

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:59 am 
bildo wrote:
Anybody hear anything new about the upcoming release? Should I assume that until World Cup is over they won't be doing squat? :P

Latest update:
-----------------
Dear Fans,

The new album is taking shape and right now we are recording the basic tracks.
-----------------

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:59 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Former SCORPIONS Drummer: 'After I Left The Band, They Didn't Have Any More Hits' - Apr. 8, 2007

Jeb Wright of Classic Rock Revisited recently conducted an interview with former SCORPIONS drummer Herman Rarebell. A couple of excerpts follow:

On touring extensively in the States on the strength of "Animal Magnetism":

"We were special guests for TED NUGENT, AC/DC and AEROSMITH. Our opening act was DEF LEPPARD. Rick Allen, the drummer for DEF LEPPARD, was only 16 then. Cliff Davies, TED NUGENT's drummer, and I smuggled him into the clubs every night. He had to show his license and they would stop him but because of our status with the bands they would let him in. We would often end up jamming in the clubs with the local musicians. Touring America was just fantastic. It was paradise for a young man. There was no AIDS then. We got laid every night and we got drunk all the time. They were crazy times. It was what every German boy dreams of when he hears about America. It was like being in a candy store as a child and being told that all the candy is yours. It was a fantastic time. Every time I think back to it I get a big smile on my face."

On recording "Blackout":

"We felt we had to come out with a better album than 'Animal Magnetism' because we knew we had a lot of fans in America and now we wanted to give them the goodies. We knew the album had to go platinum. . . We rented a big, big villa [in Southern France]. We had a recording mobile. All of our instruments were in the living room and Dieter Dirks was out in the mobile recording us. It was fantastic to record in the South of France. You had the atmosphere of the beautiful old villa. You had the normal South of France of life during the day. You could go play sports or go to the swimming pool and there was the wonderful French food. We recorded all the basic tracks there. We recorded all the drums, the rhythm guitars and the bass guitars. Some of the songs were already written but some parts were written there on the spot. Many nights I would sit in the garden at night and write lyrics."

"I was very happy with the songs. When I heard 'Blackout' for the first time, I thought that is was going to really go over in America. In those days, the combination of good music and good lyrics would mean you would have a hit. We had the inspiration to do that. We picked up right from the 'Animal Magnetism' tour and we went right into the studio with all that energy. In our minds we were still in America playing."

On "Blackout"'s commercial success:

"Mercury Records was totally behind us and they believed in us. They wanted us to keep making albums. They wanted us to grow and do better each time out. 'Lovedrive' went gold. 'Animal Magnetism' went gold and then 'Blackout' was the first one to go platinum. Schenker/ Meine/ Rarebell was a great songwriting team. You can see that from how many successful albums we had. After I left the band, they didn't have any more hits

==========================================

If everything they did after you left was more successful than what you've been doing lately, you probably shouldn't criticize them.-bildo

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:05 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
An opening act for the Scorpions has stated that they believe a Scorpions/ Judas Priest tour is in the works for 2008. This is exciting news. Two great powerhouses hopefully hitting a bunch of US dates. Priest better get working more on that new album!

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:47 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
if there's going to be a tour it means one of two things:

the album will be out soon beforehand

or production died and they need something to do/get the juices going.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:06 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to a posting on the SCORPIONS fan site Scorps News, the band's guitarist Rudolf Schenker hurt his leg/ankle during the third song, "Love 'em or Leave 'em", of the group's set Friday night (November 30) in Clermont, France. Schenker reportedly finished the show while standing at the back of the stage protecting his injured leg.

Low-quality fan-filmed video footage of the Clermont concert can be found at YouTube.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:03 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Assam Tribune, the SCORPIONS' concert in Shillong, India Wednesday night (December 12) is expected to be attended by 30,000 fans, making it the biggest performance by an international artist the city has seen in recent months.

Organizers of the event have taken on the task of ferrying all the equipment of the band in landlocked Meghalaya. Addressing newsmen in Shillong, operations manager Rohinton Poonawala said that the production team for a month took 25 freight trips to ferry 50 tons equipments from all over the country consisting lights, sounds and others. A "monstrous" backline music instruments of 35 cases were also ferried from Germany to Shillong, he added.

The venue of the show, the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium is being charged with 110 decibels of sound. Centre Point Entertainment Network MD Larsing M said that the entry to the venue will have four rings of security check. Two gates comprising of six channels each will lead people inside the venue, Larsing said, adding that heavy frisking will ensure security.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:21 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
SICK

and i'm really digging the "Humanity Hour 1" disc

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next