Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scorpions news
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:07 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Citykitee wrote:
Looking forward to seeing Scorpions and Tesla at the end of this month. 8)

Should be an excellent show. :tup

I haven't seen Tesla since the "The Great Radio Controversy" tour in '89 with Great White & Badlands.

Those fuckers have absolutely no idea where the east coast is. :tsk:

bildo wrote:
During a recent interview with ArizonaRepublic.com, guitarist Matthias Jabs of German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS was asked what "different things" he is planning on doing following the band's current farewell tour. "I don't know," he said. "Do you know what you're doing three years from now?

As a matter of fact, I do, Wiseass. :roll:

I'll be sitting in my recliner scratching myself and wondering why the friggin' Scorpions didn't do more shows in the U.S. :ataunt:

:lol:

laxcdn wrote:
Your think a farewell tour would include more Canadian and US cities.

Agreed. It's not like those guys got filthy rich doing sellout shows in Bulgaria. :x

Boy, am I cranky or what? :lmao:

:BB Alien Nation

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
It's official: new Scorpions studio album in 2013.

German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS spent the first three months of this year in the studio with producers Mikael "Nord" Andersson and Martin Hansen resurrecting a dozen unfinished songs from what some people believe was the band's best and most creative period — leftovers from the albums "Blackout" (1982), "Love At First Sting" (1984), "Savage Amusement" (1988) and "Crazy World" (1990) — for an album that is tentatively scheduled for release in 2013.

"We will dig in again and maybe have a selection of 16 to 18 songs and pick the best 12 from those," Jabs tells Billboard.com. "It's actually very good material." He adds, "We're doing it the way we are recording albums today, but the basic ideas, the riffs, the feel, the way they were written and arranged, we try to keep as much from the old recordings as possible. Thirty years later no one would come up with these ideas we came up with when we were younger, so we want to keep that spirit in there."

According to Jabs, the idea for the project "came from the fans. They were the ones saying, 'There must be some extra material from those days,' and they were right," he says.

The album title better not be retarded this time! (Do I even have to say 'sold?')

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:23 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
The album title better not be retarded this time! (Do I even have to say 'sold?')

What?!?! Lame-ass titles are a big part of the Scorpions' schtick... :gig:

You'd think sooner or later, they'd hire a native English-speaker to tell them... "Um, that's a bad idea for a title..." :lol:

I vote for:
"Sucking Out The Venom" :shock:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Always about the Scorpions tail and never about their pinchers! :x

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:06 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Bought the "Get Your Sting & Blackout" CDs... Recommended.

Klaus held up pretty well vocally. Loved The Zoo... :beerbang:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:34 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to TMZ.com, SCORPIONS drummer James Kottak and his ex-wife are involved in a bitter custody dispute over their teenage son.

Kottak filed legal documents this month asking the court to change a decision that was made in July that awarded Athena Lee — MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee's sister — primary custody of their 15-year-old son and ordered him to pay more than $3,000 a month in child and spousal support.

In his request to modify an existing child custody order, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Kottak claims their son has been living with him since January of this year after the teenager had a falling out with his mother. Kottak also says Athena has been through several rehab stints for alcohol addiction.

The musician — who was married to Athena from 1996 to 2010 — says he should be granted primary physical custody, with Athena getting visitation rights. He also wants the court to reduce his child support payments.

Kottak, who joined the SCORPIONS in 1996, lists his income at $12,000 month but indicates that this could change because his contract with the band has yet to be renewed.

For her part, Athena — an acclaimed drummer in her own right who was a member of Kottak's band KOTTAK (formerly KRUNK) for a number of years — claims that she's been sober since January 13, 2012 and is allowing her son to live with Kottak so he can stay in his school district.

"He's trying everything he can to knock me down," Athena says, adding, "It's only about the money to James."

The couple has three children; one girl, Tobi, and two boys, Miles and Matthew.

Athena, who is one of the stars of the new reality series "Ex-Wives Of Rock" on the Canadian network Slice, said in a promotional clip for the show, "Marrying a musician is not a bad idea — it's the worst idea ever." She also described her marriage to Kottak as "miserable."

It's unfortunate for the children that this is spiraling like this, but I don't think her being on a tv show that is nothing more than a way to slam her ex was a good idea in the first place.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:08 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Well, two things jump out to me here...

He sure doesn't make as much as you'd think he would in a band with the income of the Scorpions...

After seeing the child support amount, I feel just a little bit better about the thousands that I pay for my 20-something terrors.

Just a little. :?

:BB Steve

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:18 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
SCORPIONS singer Klaus Meine's mother Erna died on October 25 at the age of 92. According to Bild.de, the "petite, elderly woman" suffered a stroke a few weeks ago. Klaus said, "She was a fighter. We were so hoping that she could be able to make it."

In a message to the fans, the singer said, "Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers that were sent [to] me and my family during this sad and difficult time."

Funeral services for Meine's mother were held over the weekend in Hainholz, Germany.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 am 
The Lord of Destruction
RIP... :B

:BB When The Smoke Is Going Down

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS opened the ski season earlier today (Saturday, December 1) at Ischgl in the Austrian Tirol by taking part in the legendary "Top Of The Mountain Concert" following in the footsteps of the likes of global super stars such as Elton John, Katy Perry and Rihanna.

Video footage of the pre-show press conference, as well as a German-language interview with SCORPIONS guitarist Rudolf Schenker, can be seen below.

The festival opening week in Ischgl kicked off on November 23 and throughout the week there were various open-air concerts and entertainment, as well as the top class skiing, on offer.

During the festival opening week, a total of four concerts featuring international acts took place and admission was free for all those with a valid ski pass.

As well as the live music on offer, snow sports enthusiasts could enjoy freshly groomed slopes over 238 kilometres at altitudes with guaranteed snow all the way into the Swiss Samnaun region.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 3KKMr6I0c8

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:41 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
And here the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... GVVjRcVqsI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 0K2Hk-dEfs

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:27 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS have made their official Christmas cards available via the band's webstore. Each package contains six cellophane wrapped A5 cards, with envelopes. The inside reads, "Hope Your Christmas Rocks Like A Hurricane" and the cards feature a SCORPIONS logo on the reverse.
http://scorpions.mamstore.co.uk/item/Mu ... MY3ssq8FI5

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:58 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Three years after announcing they were winding down their career, German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS appear to have changed their minds.

In an interview in the new issue of Classic Rock magazine, the band's lead singer, Klaus Meine, explained: "As the emotion built, it [not retiring] became a gradual decision. It's one thing to say, 'This is going to be the end of the SCORPIONS,' and another to do it. Our 'Sting In The Tail' album [2010] was such a success that a whole new generation of fans joined the party. It was amazing. And you know that with all the best parties, it's sometimes hard to find the door?"

:D

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:22 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
:tup

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Last Updated: April 23, 2013 9:48 AM

Rss Feed Rss Feed
Buy Merch At Blabbermouths Backstreet Shop

Previous News:

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | News Archive

Submit News
EXTREMA: 'Pyre Of Fire' Video Released - Apr. 23, 2013
"Pyre Of Fire", the new Mauro Tettamanzi-directed video from veteran Italian metallers EXTREMA, can be seen below. The song comes off the band's new album, "The Seed Of Foolishness", which will be released on May 21 via Scarlet Records.

Active in the metal scene for over 25 years, EXTREMA is ready to unleash a new chapter in its already astonishing career. "The Seed Of Foolishness" sees the band going back to its thrash metal roots, displayed in 10 powerful new tracks which have already been described as some of the best ever written by the band, a relentless touring machine that over the years has shared the stage with some of the biggest names in heavy metal (METALLICA, MOTÖRHEAD, KORN and DEATH ANGEL, to name a few).

"The Seed Of Foolishness" takes its inspiration from a series of events that led to the economic crisis that we are all suffering today, providing therapy for all the anger and frustration resulting from it. "Combat Metal" was how fans and critics alike used to refer to when talking about EXTREMA at the time of their incendiary debut album, "Tension At The Seams", but such definition is more relevant today than ever.

"The Seed Of Foolishness" track listing:

01. Between The Lines
02. The Politics
03. Pyre Of Fire
04. The Distance
05. Ending Prophecies
06. Bones
07. Again And Again
08. Deep Infection
09. Sick And Tired
10. A Moment Of Truth

On May 4, EXTREMA will kick off its new tour.

EXTREMA entered Fear Studio in Alfonsine (RA), Italy in May 2012 to begin recording the follow-up to 2009's "Pound For Pound" with producers Tommy Massara (EXTREMA guitarist) and Gabry Ravaglia.

Facebook Send to a friend

( 0 )
AIRBOURNE: Part One Of 'Road Warriors' Video Feature - Apr. 23, 2013
The first part of a new "Road Warriors" feature with Joel O'Keeffe (vocals/lead guitar), Ryan O'Keeffe (drums) of Australian hard rockers AIRBOURNE can be seen below.

AIRBOURNE's third album, "Black Dog Barking", will be released on May 21 via Roadrunner Records. The follow-up to 2010's "No Guts. No Glory." was produced by Brian Howes, who has previously worked with HINDER, DAUGHTRY and PUDDLE OF MUDD.

The Full Throttle edition of AIRBOURNE's new single, "Live It Up", will be made available for the opening of Full Throttle at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California, the tallest, fastest looping roller coaster in the world. The Full Throttle edition of "Live It Up" will be featured throughout the newly themed five-acre section of the park where guests will experience high-energy action through fast-paced imagery, sound and lights, with additional music featuring various Roadrunner artists. The launch will be further supported nationally in all theme parks, Roadrunner and Six Flags online and social media channels, live events and press outreach.

AIRBOURNE's infectious music has been used in more than 20 video games, countless films, trailers and more.

AIRBOURNE is Joel O'Keeffe (vocals/lead guitar), Ryan O'Keeffe (drums), David Roads (guitar) and Justin Street (bass).

"Live It Up" video:

( 0 )
CHIMAIRA Frontman Talks Next Album In New Radio Interview (Audio) - Apr. 23, 2013
Gary "Turbo" Webb of the KRSC 91.3 FM radio station in Claremore, Oklahoma recently conducted an interview with CHIMAIRA frontman Mark Hunter. You can now listen to the chat using the SoundCloud widget below.

CHIMAIRA has announced a massive crowdfunding campaign surrounding the release of its brand new LP, "Crown Of Phantoms". The CD will be made available on Tuesday, July 30 via eOne Music.

The band is seeking support for a special fan-edition CD/DVD. This edition and its perks will only be available to campaign supporters and will not be sold anywhere else. Specifically, supporters will be contributing to the following:

* Two narrative music videos
* A behind-the-scenes making-of documentary, "Crown Of Phantoms"
* Seven additional tracks exclusive to the fan edition
* Various behind-the-scenes videos
* Expanded version of "Dr. Z" with fan-determined ending
* Full-length album commentary that features dialog from all the band members as they listen to the record start to finish
* Graphic art storyboards created specifically for the music videos included in the fan-edition booklet
* Original artwork and packaging exclusive to the fan edition

To further conceptualize their plan, the band has released a video explaining, with some satire, the details of their campaign along with a sneak peek of a brand new track called "Kings Of The Shadow World" and a visual display of the many creative perks they're offering to contributors.

Commented Hunter: "When I started this band, I had a desire to make extremely heavy, eclectic metal. Nothing has changed in that regard. I wanted to merge all the styles I loved into a hybrid of sounds. Having the chance to reinvent the group gave me the opportunity to work with unbelievable players and take the essence of CHIMAIRA to uncharted territory. Assembling the right team was essential to creating what I feel is some of the craziest and most passionate music I've had the pleasure to be a part of. The past defines us while the present refines us."

In a 2012 interview with Metal Insider, Hunter stated about CHIMAIRA's plans for the new CD: ""We want to come out with an album that not only captures the essence of what the fans have grown to know over the years, but we want to do something not only for the scene that's special, but for musicians out there, too. The musicianship in this band now is definitely on the next level. Everyone's pretty much a virtuoso at their instrument. Some of the stuff Emil [Werstler, guitar] was writing yesterday on this new song, I'm watching him play and I'm like, 'There are only going to be about a handful of people that'll able to play this!' [laughs] I'm imagining like a kid getting home, getting our new record and maybe they have the guitar, and they go sit down and try play along to it. And it's going to take them a very long time. [laughs]"

He added: "We couldn't be happier moving forward. It sucks that we had to go through hell — no pun intended — to get to where we are now. But I think all of us, coming from lessons of life, lessons of bands, lessons of the industry, we've lived and learned and now we have something completely different to prove."

CHIMAIRA's current lineup is as follows:

Mark Hunter - Vocals
Matt Szlachta (DIRGE WITHIN) - Guitar
Jeremy Creamer (DAATH) - Bass
Emil Werstler (DAATH) - Guitar
Sean Zatorsky (DAATH) - Keyboards
Austin D'Amond (BLEED THE SKY, THE ELITE) - Drums

( 1 )
EDENBRIDGE: 'The Bonding' Album Details Revealed - Apr. 23, 2013
It's been more than a decade since Austrian female-fronted symphonic metallers EDENBRIDGE first created a stir with the launch of their debut album, "Sunrise In Eden", back in 2000. What presented itself as a young but already immensely talented band has evolved into one of the genre's most independent acts. Their latest CD, "The Bonding", sees the group underline its exceptional status in melodic metal and puts an end to their creative hiatus of almost three difficult years.

"We had to come to terms with a number of personal setbacks, which is why the production of the album took longer than originally scheduled," explains guitarist and main songwriter Lanvall, who, among other things, suffered the loss of his father due to suicide. In addition, EDENBRIDGE underwent an unexpected lineup change: bassist Simon Holzknecht had to be replaced by Wolfgang Rothbauer (DISBELIEF, ZOMBIE INC.).

Yet the band's great compositional qualities, the amazing voice of singer Sabine Edelsbacher and EDENBRIDGE's unconditional determination to not only validate, but to surpass the undisputable strengths of each predecessor album are omnipresent.

"The initial ideas were developed as early as 2010, immediately after the release of 'Solitaire', but due to our private trials and tribulations, it took us until autumn 2012 to conclude the recordings for our new album," Lanvall looks back at the taxing months marked by one ambitious goal: to complement the new album by a real orchestra in order to support the material's symphonic direction.

"Our style has always had an unmistakably symphonic quality," says Lanvall, "so the only question was: how do we finance a big orchestra?"

At this point, outside help arrived, in the form of support from fans and sponsors. Thanks to a major joint effort, the band succeeded in bringing to the studio the Klangvereinigung Orchestra of Vienna under the direction of Georg Luksch to cap the atmospheric and at the same time dynamic songs on "The Bonding".

Says Lanvall: "When it was confirmed that the Klangvereinigung Orchestra would come to the studio, I concentrated on writing scores for our songs, so we were able to integrate these additional elements more concisely than ever before. Of course, it would be a mistake to drown our songs, which also feature guitar riffs, choirs and rhythmic details, in orchestra sounds. It was all about positioning the orchestra in a way that would create an additional dynamic level. I think we've succeeded in doing just that on 'The Bonding'."

Another outstanding feature is Sabine Edelsbacher's voice, whose warm, pleasantly melancholy timbre refines every EDENBRIDGE track.

"I've worked very hard on my voice in recent years to intensify not only expression and power, but also clarity and nuances," she explains. "It's very important for me to devote myself totally to my music, to be able to immerse myself 100% in every song."

Which is probably one of the reasons why "The Bonding" has turned into the band's most haunting and ambitioned album so far, including truly impressive numbers such as "Mystic River", "Alight A New Tomorrow", "Shadows Of My Memory" and — more or less as the grand finale — the 15-minute title track, a memorable duet by Sabine Edelsbacher and Erik Martensson (W.E.T., ECLIPSE).

Says Lanvall: "This song is the culmination of the album's general theme, which is about universal energy, about birth and growth, about memories and reflection."

In line with this, EDENBRIDGE also presents two different sets of cover artwork for the digipak and jewel-case editions, both related but unique in terms of their design. In other words: orchestra, renowned guest vocalists and fascinating themes included, "The Bonding" is an exceptional release in every respect and a real must-hear!

"The Bonding" will be released through SPV/Steamhammer in Germany on June 21, in the rest of Europe on June 24 and in the U.S./Canada on July 2 as limited-edition ecol book with a different cover, including a bonus CD, double coloured LP, standard version and download.

"The Bonding" track listing:

01. Mystic River
02. Alight A New Tomorrow
03. Star-Crossed Dreamer
04. The Invisible Force
05. Into A Sea Of Souls
06. Far Out Of Reach
07. Shadows Of My Memory
08. Death Is Not The End
09. The Bonding

EDENBRIDGE is:

* Sabine Edelsbacher: Lead Vocals
* Lanvall: Lead, Rhythm, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Piano, Kacapi
* Max Pointner: Drums
* Dominik Sebastian: Lead, Rhythm Guitar
* Wolfgang Rothbauer: Bass, Grunts on "Shadows Of My Memory"

"The Bonding" standard edition:

"The Bonding" limited edition:

( 0 )
SCORPIONS Are 'Saddened' By Passing Of Legendary Artist STORM THORGERSON - Apr. 23, 2013
German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS have commented on the passing of legendary U.K. graphic designer Storm Thorgerson.

Thorgerson, who has worked with PINK FLOYD, LED ZEPPELIN, BLACK SABBATH, DREAM THEATER and AUDIOSLAVE, among many others, died on April 17 at the age of 69. His family released a statement saying he passed away peacefully surrounded by family and friends. "He had been ill for some time with cancer though he had made a remarkable recovery from his stroke in 2003," it said.

Said the SCORPIONS in a statement: "We are saddened by the news of the passing of Storm Thorgerson, our graphic cover designer for the albums 'Lovedrive' and 'Animal Magnetism'. He was truly a genius artist and we remember every time he came over to the Dierks Studios in Cologne to show us a selection of his brilliant work. It was always a lot of fun; we loved his British humor. You can tell when you take a look at 'Animal Magnetism'. He shot the cover for 'Lovedrive' in the back of a Rolls Royce owned by Elton John at that time. It became a classic and one of the most favorite album covers for SCORPIONS fans around the world.

"Our hearts go out to his family at this very said time."

Thorgerson is survived by his mother Vanji, his son Bill, his wife Barbie Antonis and her two children Adam and Georgia.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next