Login |  Register

Post subject: Uli Jon Roth
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:52 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Uli Jon Roth (SCORPIONS), Vernon Reid (LIVING COLOUR), Alex Skolnick (TESTAMENT) and fretless harp guitarist Tim Donahue have been added to the lineup of artists that will perform at the G-TARanaki first international guitar festival, set to take place July 14-19 in Taranaki, New Zealand. Also scheduled to appear are Joe Satriani, Gilby Clarke (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH). All of these acts are giving exclusive New Zealand shows, hich involve full concert performances, workshops, forums and jam sessions. Joe Satriani will be also giving fans an intimate "Club Joe" workshop before his headline show.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:27 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
Fretless harp guitarist? :shock:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:49 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary guitar virtuoso Uli Jon Roth (ex-SCORPIONS) will hold his Sky Academy October 11-14 at Producer's Club Theater in New York City. This intensive, seminar will be personally conducted by Uli Jon Roth. The aim is to enable students to get to a higher level of playing ability, overall musical awareness, and inspiration. Topics include: the way of inspiration, music and art; the art of sound - the meaning of sound; the art of the recording studio, the art of rehearsing; the psychology of music, mind versus emotions – two sides of a coin; the importance of high-quality technique and how to transcend technique; the art of musical performance.

Uli's teaching aims to help unlock the full talent and potential of each player by drawing on his unique insights into the deeper mysteries of the craft.

Admission to Sky Academy New York City includes:

* Three days of seminars led by Uli Jon Roth
* Special kick-off meeting/introduction held on afternoon of October 11
* Concert Uli Jon Roth and Friends with many special guests! October 11 held at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City; Special student passes - including soundcheck!
* All-access passes to any Uli Jon Roth concert on his 2008 U.S. tour
* Special limited-edition Uli Jon Roth / Sky Academy 2008 NYC T-shirt that will only be available to students

Associated with the Sky Academy seminars is the much-talked-about "Uli Jon Roth and Friends" concert on October 11 at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City. Roth will perform compositions from all stages of his career, including lots of SCORPIONS and ELECTRIC SUN material as well as new material from his forthcoming album.

For more information, visit http://www.sky-academy.com

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:28 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
From the Taranaki Daily News:

Scorpions guitarist Uli Jon Roth arrived in New Plymouth yesterday but his all important guitar equipment did not.

Roth's arrival kicked off this week's G-TARanaki international guitar festival. He is here to run three guitar Sky Academy seminars for 40 teenage guitar-nuts, as well as playing the headline act at Friday's concert at TSB stadium in New Plymouth. Roth is the first big name to arrive in town.

An Air New Zealand luggage stuff-up did not take much of the shine off the long-haired, bandanna-wearing guitarist's welcome on to Waitara High School yesterday afternoon.

Deputy principal Daryn Shaw explained to Roth he was being welcomed with aroha. "This is usually translated as love but it is much more than love.

"It's a caring, a sensitivity and an ability to serve," he said.

The tassel-booted Roth was quite impressed, saying he had never had an experience like it. Having been involved in the rock'n'roll game since he was 17, this is something he would not say all too often.

As the smell of deep fried potato chips and hotdogs wafted through the school hall, Roth asked the participants of his guitar academy to introduce themselves. All but one were teenagers, with 17 the most common age.

"You're all a bit younger than the people I usually take for the Sky Academy so I am going to have to remember how I was when I was 15 or so because I think differently now than when I was that age," said the 53-year-old.

Johann Reiher (15) had travelled from Paraparaumu with his friend Rachel Garden (15) to attend the seminars. The Ibanez guitar playing pair hoped the tips from Roth might help them improve on their band Hyperion's previous Rock Quest performance. "We could have done better," they said.

Both potential rock stars said they had four years' experience playing guitar and believed Joe Satriani, scheduled to play in New Plymouth on Saturday, was a god - at least in terms of the guitar.

In the first performance of the festival, classical guitarist Matthew Marshall played to an appreciative crowd in the basement of Puke Ariki last night.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:47 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
In the first performance of the festival, classical guitarist Matthew Marshall played to an appreciative crowd in the basement of Puke Ariki last night.

Puke a what? :lol:

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

My friend Rikky (Rik Rathchild) would be offended. :lol:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:12 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

Well... He's still a member, last I checked. Let him get on here and defend himself. :P :wink:

:BB steve

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:45 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

Well... He's still a member, last I checked. Let him get on here and defend himself. :P :wink:

You know that the new Wrathchld is not him, right?

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:33 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

You know that the new Wrathchld is not him, right?

Why would I think it was?

His original membership is still good and on the current rolls.

If he needs pw help, have him contact me via e-mail and I'll reset it for him... :wink:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:34 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Cool. I need to call his ass anyways. Haven't heard for weeks. Some friend I am. :roll:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:25 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary guitarist Uli Jon Roth (ex-SCORPIONS) will appear as a special guest with AVANTASIA, the project led by EDGUY frontman Tobias Sammet, at the Wacken Open Air festival on August 1 in Wacken, Germany. Uli will also take part in a signing session earlier that day.

Uli's Sky Academy at Producer's Club Theater in New York City will take place October 8-11. This intensive, seminar will be personally conducted by Uli Jon Roth. The aim is to enable students to get to a higher level of playing ability, overall musical awareness, and inspiration. Topics include: the way of inspiration, music and art; the art of sound — the meaning of sound; the art of the recording studio, the art of rehearsing; the psychology of music, mind versus emotions – two sides of a coin; the importance of high-quality technique and how to transcend technique; the art of musical performance.

Uli's teaching aims to help unlock the full talent and potential of each player by drawing on his unique insights into the deeper mysteries of the craft.

Admission to Sky Academy New York City includes:

* Three days of seminars led by Uli Jon Roth
* Special meet-and-greet session with Uli on the evening of October 7
* Concert Uli Jon Roth and Friends with many special guests! October 11 held at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City; Special student passes - including soundcheck!
* All-access passes to any Uli Jon Roth concert on his 2008 U.S. tour
* Special limited-edition Uli Jon Roth / Sky Academy 2008 NYC T-shirt that will only be available to students

Associated with the Sky Academy seminars is the much-talked-about "Uli Jon Roth and Friends" concert on October 11 at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City. Roth will perform compositions from all stages of his career, including lots of SCORPIONS and ELECTRIC SUN material as well as new material from his forthcoming album.

For more information, visit http://www.sky-academy.com

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:57 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Cool. I need to call his ass anyways. Haven't heard for weeks. Some friend I am. :roll:

You call Mr. W yet? :wink:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

He sent me an email with a picture of his nasty infection hole. He may have to have another surgery because the infection won't go away. He's got to be sick of this shit by now. :?

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:47 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

He sent me an email with a picture of his nasty infection hole. He may have to have another surgery because the infection won't go away. He's got to be sick of this shit by now. :?

Yep. I would imagine so.

At least the surgery may lead to a shorter recovery time. I was never a big fan of the "wait and see... and suffer along" approach to medicine.

In any event, here's hoping for a quick recovery. :B

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:22 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
TESTAMENT guitarist Alex Skolnick is confirmed to appear at the Uli Jon Roth and Friends concert on October 11 at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City. Legendary guitar virtuoso Uli Jon Roth (ex-SCORPIONS) and a number of guests — including Chris Caffery (SAVATAGE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA) and Joe Stump (REIGN OF TERROR, HOLYHELL) — will perform compositions from all stages of his career, including lots of SCORPIONS and ELECTRIC SUN material as well as new material from his forthcoming album.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top