Login |  Register

Post subject: Scorpions Announce Retirement
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:29 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Veteran German rock hard rockers SCORPIONS have released the following statement:

"Important message to our fans:

"It was always our pleasure, our purpose in life, our passion and we were fortunate enough to make music for you — whether it was live on stage or in the studio, creating new songs.

"While we were working on our album these past few months, we could literally feel how powerful and creative our work was — and how much fun we were still having in the process. But there was also something else: we want to end the SCORPIONS' extraordinary career on a high note.

"We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we've always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road. We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years.

"We want you, our fans, to be the first to know about this.

"Thank you for your never-ending support throughout the years!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Scorpions Announce Retirement
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:25 pm 
Favorite Band: Dream Evil
I just hope they come here to lonely saskabush... A great band :B

Listen to what I say And what I say is right You see I rule the night

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:59 pm 
HMJ good luck. It will be interesting to see the tour dates. I am just wondering if they are just doing this to pump up the sales of the tour.

Signed,

Scalpers paradise.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:30 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
thinlizzy wrote:
HMJ good luck. It will be interesting to see the tour dates. I am just wondering if they are just doing this to pump up the sales of the tour.

Signed,

Scalpers paradise.

I honestly don't think Klaus or Rudolph are capable of something like that. Record companies and other performers, yes, but something about the Scorpions just seems like they wouldn't do such a thing. Maybe I'm just being naive but I think they really mean it.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:58 pm 
Registered Rushaholic
They had a good run.

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:20 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
thinlizzy wrote:

Signed,

Scalpers paradise.

I honestly don't think Klaus or Rudolph are capable of something like that. Record companies and other performers, yes, but something about the Scorpions just seems like they wouldn't do such a thing. Maybe I'm just being naive but I think they really mean it.

Naive... That's what I was thinking. :P

I wonder what this means for the album they are recording? Perhaps a posthumous release?

aka ~ "The Final Demos: Nobody Liked Our Stupid Title Anyway" :lmao:

:BB Speedy's Coming :ajerkoff:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:11 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Be respectful or get stung in the tail.

Oh, now I get it!!!! :o

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:14 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
Man, that sucks...I'll def. put this on my list of gigs to go see.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:13 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
This story is all over the net with people making stupid comments. "Oh, you mean they've been doing stuff since 1985?" Assholes!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:12 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Carlos Ramirez of AOL's Noisecreep spoke to SCORPIONS guitarist Rudolf Schenker about the band's announcement that they would be retiring.

First off, why the hell are you guys packing it in?

We were sitting in the studio after we finished tracking 'Sting of the Tail,' and we realized something rather quickly. We heard these songs together, and it just captured the essence of the '80s Scorpions sound. It sounds like a combination of the best material on the 'Lovedrive' and 'Crazy World' albums. The songs have that feel and spirit. Then our manager had the idea to finish the band on a high note with this record. At first, we thought he was joking (laughter). But then we noticed he was completely being serious. And it turns out, he was right.

So you just wanted to end the band with a high note.

Yes, exactly. Look, we have been around for a long time, and we've done so many great things together. We came out of Germany when no one thought a band from there could rock hard. We've always believed in the band and had fun doing it. 'Sting of the Tail' sounds like a classic Scorpions album, so we decided to leave after we get done touring it since it's such a powerful record.

You've worked with outside collaborators like Desmond Child in the past. Did you do that again on 'Sting of the Tail'?

We worked with Eric Bazilian, who is a fantastic guitar player and songwriter. He used to be ine The Hooters and has written some huge songs for other people, too. He's worked with us in the past and he becomes like our sixth member. We also worked with Mikael Nord Andersson and Martin Hansen. They are Swedish guys and really helped us capture that classic Scorpions sound. One guy is a great guitarist, and one is a sound engineer. The band obviously did most of the songwriting, but we definitely worked with some talented guys again.

People have been critical about the group's pop overtones throughout the years. Looking back at your catalog, do you feel like the band has had any missteps?

We experimented with our sound during some of the '90s. It was a bit strange for us in that period. All of a sudden you had alternative stuff and heavier bands around, so we tried to adapt. It was difficult for the band. In the States, it was especially hard for bands like us. The funny thing is that in Asia we got even bigger (laughter). Our records went many times platinum in countries like Malaysia and Thailand during the '90s.

On the 'Unbreakable' and 'Humanity: Hour I' album we brought our hard rock sound back. When 'Sting of the Tail' comes out, you'll see that we've stuck to that.

What kind of sorry ass manager suggests that his clients pack it in?!?!? :evil:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:14 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
Agreed. :wtf:

Hour 1 was fantastic...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:39 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
What kind of sorry ass manager suggests that his clients pack it in?!?!? :evil:

The kind that is as old as the Scorpions. :wink:

:BB Twentieth Century Man

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:46 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Guitarist Rudolf Schenker tells Billboard.com that the prospect of ending SCORPIONS is indeed "really sad, and I don't even want to think about it." But he explains that the band and its management ultimately feel it's the right move to end the band on a high note with its new album, "Sting in the Tail", rather than risk a slow decline.

"You can't think about SCORPIONS at 70, not moving on stage, playing 'Rock You Like a Hurricane' — but on stage it's not like a hurricane, it's a very small wind," he says. "There's no stinger, and that's not good. You're going back down hill, from big hall to small how, small how to club...Everything has it's end; the question is it a good end or bad end? In this case we want to do these things and make it a good end."

Regarding the SCORPIONS members' future plans, Schenker says that guitarist Matthias Jabs has a musical instruments store in Munich, while drummer James Kottak has his own band, KOTTAK. Rudolf himself intends to publish his book, "Rock You Live", in the U.S. and plans a collaboration with his brother a Michael Schenker — which may include SCORPIONS singer Klaus Meine on some songs.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:58 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Aniruddh "Andrew" Bansal of Full Metal Rock recently conducted an interview with SCORPIONS guitarist Rudolf Schenker. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Full Metal Rock: What made you decide that this is going to be the farewell?

Rudolf: We were mixing the album and we realized how good the album is. It is like an anthem of the whole of the best songs of the '80s. After working so much on the album, you know, we didn't realize. But you do when you have the whole picture in front of you. I said to the guys, "Hey, I can see how excited you are with this amazing album and I think that this could be a fantastic thing for you guys. If you know what I'm talking about, it could be a good last album and a last tour." So in the first place they said, "Hey, are you kidding or what?" I said, "No, think about it." Then we started talking and then we noticed that really it is in an outstanding kind of way how this album sounds like. We had some producers where the chemistry worked out so amazing. Two guys from Sweden, one is a very good guitar player and the other one is a very good technician on the boards, and somehow the chemistry was working in my studio and also in Stockholm. We recorded the parts of the backing vocals, guitars and bass here in my studio and other parts like main vocals and drums we did in Stockholm, working together with these guys and really they somehow got this special guitar work out of us, which is really really kicking ass. So this is right essence of the SCORPIONS to really go on tour again with amazing '80s kind of rock show, the kind of big show we are known for from the '80s. To do that and release the album, that would be fantastic and make it a really big world tour. So more and more we thought about it, the more we came to the point that, yes, this is the right situation because SCORPIONS being on stage we make our name as a great live band because of the very powerful act on stage. When that acting gets less and less, it means that the "sting" is not there anymore. And SCORPIONS is nothing without the "sting." In this case, we know now that we are fit enough to really present a 100 percent SCORPIONS show with a 120% SCORPIONS album, which would make it a successful tour, especially for a band from Germany where people thought that rock music never can come out of Germany. So we are now aware of that and we will give everything to make this last tour around the world a big rock and roll party.

Full Metal Rock: Your upcoming album was supposed to be "Humanity Hour II", but it's not. What happened to that?

Rudolf: The truth came after "Humanity Hour I". We talked about the fact that we had to be careful with the "Humanity Hour I" album. Our fears and everything came true, and because of financial crisis and everything, even a band like LINKIN PARK was talking about the same thing. So in this case, we didn't have anything, any reason to discuss about another concept album. So we said you know, why talking again and again [about it]? Now is the time to say, "Hey, guys, now we are in deep shit, let's rock, let's get positive energy and let's get out of this shit and make our world positive again." And that's what we did with "Sting In The Tail".

Full Metal Rock: You recorded this one in Germany as compared to the previous album that you did in the U.S. How much of a difference you think that has made?

Rudolf: It [recording in the U.S.] was fantastic! I tell you what, we really enjoyed being in Los Angeles and America is still our dream country. It's pure rock and roll and it was really fun. They gave us personal trainers to be fit, especially coming out of the production and to go on tour again. It was a great idea because after doing this program that time with the personal trainers, we are still doing it because it helps us really to be powerful on stage.

Full Metal Rock: Your farewell tour is supposed to last for two years. During this time, can we expect the SCORPIONS to play in as many cities around the world as possible, covering places you've never been to before?

Rudolf: Of course! We are ready to rock everywhere in the world. Because we did already, but you can talk about SCORPIONS even playing in the jungle in Amazon, playing in Mongolia, the pyramids in Egypt and there are so many places. The fun thing about it is, its so great to see people who may be never saw a rock and roll band, like when we played in the eastern part of the Europe in Russia. They never saw a rock band live before. We enjoyed very much to play in front of the Russian audience and also we like to play in front of American audience or South America. It's great to see the different mentalities and it's fantastic to see that rock music is really building bridges between generations, between continents and religions.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:53 am 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: THIS is ur plan for catching spambots?
If music or money are truly in their blood, this won't be the end.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top