Login |  Register

Post subject: Twisted Sister news
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:23 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
According to Tangra Mega Rock, TWISTED SISTER and W.A.S.P. will perform in Lovech, Bulgaria in May as part of the Lovech Party Fest 2008, set to take place on May 6-11 on an open-air stage in donwtown Lovech.

The festival's complete schedule is as follows:

May 06 - DR. ALBAN & RUMANETZA & ENCHEV
May 07 - ACE OF BASE & P.I.F.
May 08 - JA RULE & UPSURT
May 09 - MAXI JAZZ of FAITHLESS & DJ ANNEMIEK TRIO
May 10 - TWISTED SISTER & RENEGAT
May 11 - W.A.S.P. & SOLARIS

All shows are absolutely free.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:55 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
TWISTED SISTER has scheduled the following dates:

May 10 - Lovech, Bulgaria - Lovech Music Festival (free concert)
Jun. 15 - Nijmegen, Netherlands - Arrow Rock Festival
Jul. 11 - Feria de Muestras, Zaragoza, Spain - Monsters Of Rock Festival
Jul. 13 - Alberta, Canada - Rock & Roll Lounge
Aug. 09 - Tuuri, Finland - Miljoonarock Festival 2008
Aug. 15 - Lillehammer, Norway - Metal Rock Festival
Sep. 13 - Milan, Italy - Rock Of Ages - A September To Remember Festival

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:12 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Sleaze Roxx recently conducted an interview with TWISTED SISTER guitarist Eddie Ojeda. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Sleaze Roxx: You're just back from touring Europe with "Vampires Rock". How did you get involved with that?

Eddie: "I got involved with that through Paul Crook. He plays with MEAT LOAF now as the main guitarist, he used to play with ANTHRAX for a while. Through him I met the lead guy from 'Vampires Rock', Steve Steinman. I met him in Vegas and we kept in touch. He does this in the fall, starts in September and finishes in December. It's based around Halloween."

Sleaze Roxx: What's the show about?

Eddie: "It's kind of like 'Rocky Horror' but not as gay. 'Rocky Horror' meets 'We Will Rock You' sort of thing. There's a little bit of pantomime, some jokes in the air and dialog. We do a lot of rock anthems. We did 'Burn In Hell' and 'We're Not Gonna Take It' when I came in. During the night you'll hear QUEEN, BON JOVI, WHITESNAKE songs, and speed anthems. It's a really great show. We have three girls in the show with a cast of maybe eleven or twelve people. There is a live band on stage. I play the guitar along with two other guitarists. It's a cool show. Its funny and I had a lot of fun doing it. It is somewhere between theater and a live concert."

Sleaze Roxx: So, what's next for you?

Eddie: "Well, like I said, I'm planning to work on a solo CD and possibly do some dates. I'd like to get on a tour maybe doing something with Michael Schenker. We'll see what happens. There won't be a new album with TWISTED SISTER. We're basically sticking with the material we have and playing that instead of trying to reinvent the wheel."

Sleaze Roxx: So you don't think that's ever a possibility?

Eddie: "I'd never say never, but I don't see it happening anytime soon, but we'll see. I plan to continue making records so you'll hear new stuff from me."

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:42 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Newsday.com reports that Jesse Blaze Snider, son of TWISTED SISTER singer Dee, will face off against eight other children of famous musical talents in a new television series called "Rock the Cradle", premiering tonight (Thursday, April 3) on MTV.

The show, which originated with the British company FremantleMedia, was based on the simple question, "Is musical talent genetic?" said Tony DiSanto, executive vice president of series development and programming at MTV and MTV2.

The younger Snider already has a band, BAPTIZED BY FIRE, plus a successful voice-over career (he's done commercials for Cheetos and Burger King, among others) and a new sideline as a comic-book writer (he recently wrote an issue of "The Hulk"). The main point of the show, he says, is the exposure.

"I try to make the most commercial, accessible rock 'n' roll that I can, because I want everyone to understand and enjoy it," Snider said. "What's the point of making music if people aren't going to hear it?"

"Rock the Cradle" cast:

Landon Brown (son of Bobby Brown)
Jesse Blaze Snider (son of Dee Snider)
Crosby Loggins (son of Kenny Loggins)
A'Keiba Burrell (daughter of MC Hammer)
Lara Johnston (daughter of Tom Johnston)
Chloe Lattanzi (daughter of Olivia Newton John)
Lucy Walsh (daughter of Joe Walsh)
Jesse Money (daughter of Eddie Money)
Lil B. Sure (son of Al B. Sure)

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:09 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Jerry Fink of the Las Vegas Sun reports that TWISTED SISTER drummer A.J. Pero is among the judges for the first Live Indie Rock Wars, an unsigned band competition taking place this weekend in the hills of Lake Las Vegas.

Thousands of bands competed across North America over the past several months for a chance to win money, recording time and a media promotions package.

The top 20 bands square off Friday on the floating stage at Lake Las Vegas. Judges pick the 10 finalists, who'll compete there again Saturday afternoon.

The winner returns to open a concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday for headliners MAN AUTOMATIC, THE SPEAKS and GONE FOR GOOD.

There's also a free Rock & Jock Festival featuring booths, music, games and a paintball tournament. It runs Friday through Sunday.

Read more from the Las Vegas Sun.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:35 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
NEWS OF THE DAY:

TWISTED SISTER's "A Twisted Christmas" will make its way to Broadway in New York City this December. More details will be announced soon.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:14 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
:roll:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:18 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
NEWS OF THE DAY:

TWISTED SISTER's "A Twisted Christmas" will make its way to Broadway in New York City this December. More details will be announced soon.

Can't be worse than the shit that's there now... :lol:

:BB Andrew Lloyd Weber

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:24 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
By the way, I can't verify it's validity, but that was an ACTUAL news article. I did NOT make it up. Because let's face it, I'm not funnier than that! :lol:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:08 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
TWISTED SISTER will release a new DVD, "Live At The Astoria", in the fall.

Commented guitarist Jay Jay French: "Recorded in London, in August 2004, the critics hailed TWISTED SISTER's performance as one of their greatest ever. If you're an SMF, and have wondered what TWISTED SISTER thought about any of their live shows throughout their 35-year history, you should know this: while certain bandmembers remember certain shows, and relate tales of particular performances as being their favorite, rarely does the band universally agree that any particular show is about as good as it gets. I can say this without hesitation or ambiguity: each bandmember considered that night to be amongst the most special of our careers. This concert was filmed and kept in a vault for the past four years. When the band had the opportunity to look at the footage, it brought back the heat, passion, intensity and audience participation that was at a level far above all expectations. The DVD will be released worldwide through Demolition Records, our UK-based label, and we look forward to sharing this magical performance with all of you."

TWISTED SISTER's setlist for the August 1, 2004 show at the Astoria in London, England was as follows:

01. What You Don't Know (Sure Can Hurt You)
02. The Kids Are Back
03. Under The Blade
04. Destroyer
05. Like A Knife In The Back
06. Burn In Hell
07. Ride To Live
08. Shoot 'Em Down
09. You Can't Stop Rock N' Roll
10. The Fire Still Burns
11. We're Not Gonna Take It
12. The Price
13. I Am, I'm Me
14. I Wanna Rock
15. Come Out & Play
16. S.F.M

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:16 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
HOLY CRAP! CONFIRMATION IS HERE!

TWISTED SISTER singer Dee Snider has confirmed rumors that the group's "A Twisted Christmas" concept will make its way to Broadway. Speaking to Ralph Sutton of the nationally syndicated rock radio show "The Tour Bus" , Snider revealed, "I have turned 'A Twisted Christmas', the album, into a musical, and in 2009 there will be a new TWISTED SISTER album, which will be a companion piece to go with the existing 'A Twisted Christmas' album. It's gonna be old-school metal songs that are an addition to the show. So 'The Twisted Christmas – A Musical' is a combination of the Christmas album, the new album, which will have new metal songs on it and the best of TWISTED SISTER throughout history. And when you hear more about it, you're gonna love the idea. The people that are hearing about it get pretty stoked. So it's early on, but I've finished the script and now it's time, we're gonna start working on a new album, new songs, so it's the first time for TWISTED SISTER in a very long time… I haven't written since 19… Man, '98 was the last time I wrote a song, and that was for the 'Strangeland' soundtrack. It sort of came out of left field, but we're all very fired up. When you hear the concept… everybody who hears it just smiles ear to ear and goes, 'Man, that's awesome.'"

He continued, "It's either gonna be called 'A Twisted Christmas…' or 'THE Twisted Christmas – A Musical'. It tells a story, but it's very much a concert event. But there's a storyline going on between. The show is about 20 songs. The band are the only actors. There is a narrator, I will tell you that much, who fills in the spaces — he's on video screen — and he tells — ala 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show', to be honest — he helps move the story along and tell the story. If you saw 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch', off Broadway, [a band] performs and then in between there is interaction, which further moves the story along. So it's pretty involved. It's a unique combination of things that have been done before and haven't been done before. And the goal, really — 'cause we're not playing ourselves, we're playing a fictitious band in the musical — eventually is to, like the BLUE MAN GROUP, have a whole bunch of casts out there during the holiday season performing the show. So that's the ultimate goal. So it's in development, but it's well on its way. Like I said, I finished the script, everybody loves it, and now I'm sinking my teeth into writing the album which we'll start recording in January/February for release in 2009."

On September 25, 2007, Razor & Tie Entertainment released "A Twisted Christmas Live", a DVD of TWISTED SISTER's holiday 2006 show at New Jersey's legendary Starland Ballroom. The DVD features performances of tunes from "A Twisted Christmas" (which features rock n' roll versions of beloved Christmas classics), as well as TWISTED SISTER's greatest hits.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:22 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Oh dear God... :headsmack:

:BB Satan Claus

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:03 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I can't decide. Should I see A Twisted Christmas or Jerry Springer: The Opera? Decisions, decisions...

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:04 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
I can't decide. Should I see A Twisted Christmas or Jerry Springer: The Opera? Decisions, decisions...

Or you could just do the least painful thing... gouge out your eyes. :hb

:lmao:

:BB Steve

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:31 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
To be fair, the Springer opera was here in DC and got pretty good reviews.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top