Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Dee Snider news
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:26 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW) and Dee Snider (TWISTED SISTER) are among the musicians who make guest appearances on "Z Rock", the new original series coming to IFC uncensored, uncut and commercial-free on Sunday, August 24 for ten hilarious episodes.

This semi-scripted comedy series follows a group of musicians leading a double life: by night they're a hard-partying rock band, by day a Wiggles-style kids' birthday band. "Z Rock" is loosely based on the real lives of its three New York-based stars, brothers Paulie Z and David Z, and friend Joey Cassata who form an actual band, Z02.

The series explores the dark underbelly of the rock 'n' roll dream, giving its audience a back stage pass to the band's struggles to become rock royalty, which is often interrupted by pangs of reality — hangovers, grooming techniques, kids' birthday parties, and avoiding scorned female fans and their angry husbands. Like the true rock gods they aspire to become, the band snags plenty of insatiable groupies and moms gone wild along the way, with hilarious and sometimes cringe-worthy results.

"This show is so hip — and that's the first time in 40 years I've said the word hip not followed by replacement," said Joan Rivers. "I'm thrilled to have a recurring role on 'Z Rock'. This is the first time in 20 years three single guys want to see me every week. These are the cutest boys in the music industry, so long as you don't look in Michael Jackson's bedroom."

Check out photos, clips, trailers, music videos and more at http://www.IFC.com/ZROCK

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:44 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Dee Snider, best known as the front man for the 1980s heavy metal band TWISTED SISTER, is taking on a new lead role this year as Honorary Chairman of March of Dimes Bikers for Babies. The cause is personal: two of his children were born prematurely, and he's leading the pack to help other babies be born healthy.

Despite the wild-man image from his heavy metal days, Snider and his wife, Suzette, have been together for 32 years and have four children.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:42 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Newsday.com, a New York millionaire business owner was arrested Wednesday on charges of orchestrating three slayings, including that of Vincent Gargiulo, the brother-in-law of TWISTED SISTER singer Dee Snider. Gargiulo was shot in the head in August 2003 at Broadway and West 30th Street, according to court papers. Gargiulo, of Sunnyside, had been a longtime friend and business partner in gymnasiums with Tarantino, with whom he had a falling out over the gym business, according to court papers.

While Tarantino and Gargiulo had served time in prison for a robbery in the early 1990s, the papers said, Gargiulo had left a life of crime and was working as an ironworker.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
In next week's Steppin' Out magazine, Sirius Satellite Radio host and rock legend Dee Snider (TWISTED SISTER) sits down with Chaunce Hayden and tells why he thinks Sirius is doomed. Snider also tells Hayden how he feels about not getting invited to Howard Stern's wedding and why Howard stopped returning his calls. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Chaunce Hayden: What is happening with Sirius? The stock is sinking faster than the Titanic. Will it survive in your opinion?

Dee Snider: I'm going to get fired right now. I'm going to tell you something that is going to get me fired today and end my satellite career. It was doomed before it started.

Chaunce Hayden: Why?

Dee Snider: I have a friend named Don Specter. He's the third largest patent holder in the world. When he talks, I listen. He invented the hyperbaric chamber. The guy is a genius. He was a brain surgeon at 14 and they based the IQ system on his IQ. He got a 200 and everybody else was rated from there. Anyway, he said to me two years ago, "Satellite was doomed before it started." I said, "What do you mean?" He said, "Dee, nobody wants multi-pieces of hardware. They want everything all together. When you have iPhones with the Internet, GPS and cameras attached with Wi-Fi, people will listen to Internet radio and you'll be able to dock the phone from your car or home or office computer. It's all contained on one piece of equipment. Nobody wants to carry more then that around. Now Wi-Fi is all over cities like Baltimore. Sprint just started a new technology that gives you a better signal. You can drive around and get a better Internet connection then you do from a cable connection in your house. For a 45-dollar-a-month fee your phone will be on the Internet all the time. Sirius isn't getting into cars fast enough and they're not getting them to people for free. People used to get free phones with the service. Everything is going to the Internet. Sirius is going to have to go to the Internet as well. It's going to have to change from satellite over to a server.

On not getting invited to his friend, Howard Stern's wedding:

Dee Snider: We weren't invited. My relationship with Howard hasn't been the same in over a decade. Although we reconnected on the air, and it was great to clear the air and find out what the problems were and put it behind us, just too much time had passed. Howard has a whole different life now. I'm still that same guy that he met in 1984 on the "David Letterman" show. We bonded over the fact that we were both from Long Island and the same age, married to our childhood sweethearts and we each had kids. Our lifestyles were crazy but we left that at the office and came home to our wives. We bonded over that normalcy. But when Howard got divorced, he became a single, partying guy. He became a strip-club guy. That left a guy like me in the dust. I just said, "Okay, have fun." But we no longer had that connection. It's still not the same. He's not a dad. He's very much a celebrity. He's more of a Hollywood guy now. He claims he screwed up our relationship by not talking to me because I started doing radio when he was the one who suggested I go on radio! I actually asked his permission and offered a piece of my show for supporting me. But he said, "No, it's cool." But then he stopped talking to me. He just stopped returning my phone calls. Yet he was the one who pushed me into radio to begin with! So I just couldn't believe he stopped talking to me over it. He admits he fucked up the relationship and that it's just too weird now to invite me to his wedding. But when I heard the guest list I thought, "Wow, we're not the same dudes." It was all celebrities. There were no normal people there. He recently had me on the show and I knew we would be friends again if after my segment was over he asked me to stay and hang out with him and do the news. But this time he just shock my hand and said, "Thanks for stopping by." I knew it would never be the same after that.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:04 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Dee Snider, radio personality and lead singer for the legendary '80s rock group TWISTED SISTER recently teamed up with March of Dimes to fight for all babies — those born healthy and those who need help to survive and thrive — by auctioning a motorcycle autographed by Snider. The auction, which ended on November 25, failed to meet its lowered reserve price of $5,350. It is not presently clear if the motorcycle will be put on auction again.

Dee Snider was named Honorary Chairman of March of Dimes Bikers for Babies in September. The cause is personal: two of his children were born prematurely, and he's leading the pack to help other babies be born healthy.

Despite the wild-man image from his heavy metal days, Snider and his wife, Suzette, have been together for 32 years and have four children.

Snider is also a radio personality, television host, author, voiceover artist, screenplay writer and actor. He has adopted the March of Dimes Bikers for Babies as his charity of choice. After riding with the Connecticut Chapter of the March of Dimes for three years, Snider saw a need and created and chaired the event that carries his name — Dee Snider's Bikers for Babies on Long Island, N.Y. That was six years ago. "I'm honored to be a part of these events and proud of their success in raising funds to fight premature birth," he says.

"Dee Snider has been a dedicated volunteer for several years now, and we're really pleased that he's agreed to take on a greater role in helping March of Dimes efforts for stronger, healthier babies," says Dr. Jennifer L. Howse, president of the March of Dimes. "Just looking out at all of the dedicated bikers, both individuals and families, who come together for this event makes you want to suit up yourself and go for a spin."

The March of Dimes is the leading organization for pregnancy and baby health. With chapters nationwide and its premier event, March for Babies, the March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.

For the latest resources and information, visit marchofdimes.com or nacersano.org.

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Dee Snider news
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:02 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider will reprise his role as Captain Howdy in the 1998 cult horror classic "Strangeland" when "Strangeland: Disciple" goes into production later this year.

Snider wrote and co-produced the original film in 1994, pre-dating the cinematic vogue for torture film franchises like "Saw" and "Hostel". "At the time, I really wanted to re-invent the wheel of horror," Dee says. "Horror, traditionally, plays on people's fears of being chased and dying. That's totally played out. When you're being chased, there's the chance of escape. When you die, there's peace. What's much worse than being chased and dying is being helpless and suffering."

"Strangeland" is the story of a schizophrenic sexual sadist who lures victims via the Internet, forcing them to submit to ancient tribal rituals. "I came up with the idea of Internet crime before anybody had ever committed Internet crime," says Snider. "And if I am the father of torture films, I've got to come back like a sledgehammer to reclaim my crown!" To that end, "Strangeland: Disciple" will come complete with an NC-17 rating right out of the box. Obviously, Snider ain't kidding around. "Strangeland: Disciple" promises to be ultra-intense, taking place in the underworld of body modification fetishists, amid the secret sado-masochistic freak societies of perverted pleasures that lurk just underneath the veneer of respectable society.

"Strangeland" was produced in conjunction with The Shooting Gallery, the studio for "Sling Blade" and "Croupier". Larry Meistrich, formerly of The Shooting Gallery, now operates Nehst Pictures and says, "I am very excited to be back in business with Dee Snider again! 'Strangeland' was a great experience and I know the sequel is going to be better than the original. In these days of various platforms merging, it is great to be able to work with someone like Dee who is so multi-faceted."

The 1998 soundtrack included an incredible array of bands — SYSTEM OF A DOWN, SEVENDUST, SOULFLY, SLIPKNOT, KID ROCK, COAL CHAMBER, TWISTED SISTER, MEGADETH, MARILYN MANSON and PANTERA — handpicked by Snider. The success of the soundtrack led to a "Strangeland" tour, which Snider hopes to resurrect once again for "Strangeland: Disciple", in an effort to grace the contours of his demented vision. "Music was intrinsic to me in the first one. We really tried to create the ultimate heavy soundtrack. Music will be important to me again for the sequel," adds Snider.

Returning for revenge in the sequel is Robert Englund ("Nightmare On Elm Street"'s Freddie Krueger), who called "Strangeland" a "bona-fide cult hit." In the original, he played Jackson Roth, one of Captain Howdy's victims.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:53 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
"Strangeland" is the story of a schizophrenic sexual sadist who lures victims via the Internet, forcing them to submit to ancient tribal rituals.

Sounds like Ross' dating habits... :P

:BB :scared:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:53 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I think I saw that first one. Nappy might have loaned it to me from his massive horror movie collection.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:33 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
I think I saw that first one. Nappy might have loaned it to me from his massive horror movie collection.

Freaky shit, eh?

Dee makes a great nutjob. :wink:

:BB S.M.F.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:17 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Chris Kaltenbach of BaltimoreSun.com recently conducted an interview with TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the popularity of '80s metal:

"Heavy metal itself, I always call it the cockroach of rock 'n' roll. It thrives in the corners and cracks."

On teh band's May 30 appearance at Maryland's M3 rock festival at Columbia's Merriweather Post Pavilion:

"It'll be a full-blown, old-school TWISTED SISTER show. Hair, makeup, costume — all the pomp and circumstance. I pride myself in having stayed in reasonably good shape, I still fit in my costume. We go out there and we do a TWISTED SISTER show pretty close to the ones from back in the day."

On the time being especially right for a glam-metal revival:

"People are yearning for a better routine, a better time," he says. "That was the '80s, when the economy was great, the party was raging. Beyond that, there's the ever-present big middle finger — you know, 'We're Not Gonna Take It', 'I Wanna Rock'. Rather than whining and crying about the way things are ... they don't want to cry about it. The band played on the Titanic? Let's rock on!"

On his belief that people want rock stars who look like rock stars:

"I like a lot of the new bands; there's some great music out there. But you never know if you're talking to a band member or somebody from catering half the time. Back in the day, when the band walked in, you knew they were there. They came in, and it was like, 'Holy crap! That's the band.' I think people want that."

On once again having fun making music:

"As an individual, I'm not a glory-days kind of guy, but like anybody, it's fun to revisit. It's no longer our jobs, it's a hobby, so we're fired up, we're happy to be out there. It's not a grind for us, it's fun and exciting.

"And we're friends again. Not seeing each other too often keeps it that way. It's a good night for everybody."

Read the entire interview from BaltimoreSun.com

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:58 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
"And we're friends again. Not seeing each other too often keeps it that way. It's a good night for everybody."

There's an ugly story there... I'm sure of it. :lmao:

:BB Like A Knife In The Back

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:18 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Hartford Courant reports that nearly 900 bikers, their friends and families — led by Grand Marshall Dee Snider of TWISTED SISTER — hit the road on September 13, during the Bikers for Babies and raised approximately $60,0000 in funds for the March of Dimes. The bikers rode 40 miles from Middletown to Westbrook, where they gathered at the Westbrook Elks club for a barbecue and live entertainment by the band Shovelhead.

Snider is the national spokesman of March of Dimes Bikers for Babies. For him, the cause is personal: two of his four children were born prematurely.

The funds raised will support research and programs to help mothers have full-term pregnancies and for babies to have healthy lives.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
GOD BLESS DEE SNIDER! :bluerock:

Motivated by what he calls the "systematic abuse" of the metal horns, heavy metal icon and frontman for the legendary band TWISTED SISTER, Dee Snider has launched a web site dedicated to the reclamation of our iconic heavy metal symbol, TakeBackTheHorns.com.

"The rampant misuse and overuse of the metal horns is an insult to true fans of the music form it represents," says Dee, "They were never intended to be thrown by members of the hip hop, country and pop communities. We fought long and hard for the music we love to be recognized. They have no right to use our sign!" ??

While absolutely recognizing the humor in the situation, TakeBackTheHorns.com is dedicated to not only raise awareness of this abuse, but the site has been designed to inform and educate the reader on the history and proper use of the metal horns. Dee Snider hopes it will unify the massive, heavy metal community in the fight to stop the metal horns' further exploitation and degradation. Says Dee, "I appreciate the appeal of throwing the horns and even acknowledge that its overuse shows just how far the acceptance of heavy metal has come as a music form. But when little Johnny throws the horns to his mom because he's successfully made a number two, things have gone way too far."

TakeBackTheHorns.com also contains a section for visitors to post photos of abusers of the horns and an interactive "Metal or Not" rating system to help define and decide the proper usage of the iconic symbol. ??

Dee goes on to say, "In the '80s, I went to Washington, D.C. to defend heavy metal and fight censorship. Now it's time for me to defend the music I love again and fight a very different enemy. I need headbangers the world over to join me in this important fight. Let's say to the purveyors of other music forms, the usurpers of our mark...get your own damn sign bee-otch! Let's take back the horns...dot com!"

http://www.takebackthehorns.com/

Check that shit out. Gene Simmons gets called out for saying he originated the devil horns and not Ronnie James Dio. :lmfao:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:54 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Says Dee, "I appreciate the appeal of throwing the horns and even acknowledge that its overuse shows just how far the acceptance of heavy metal has come as a music form. But when little Johnny throws the horns to his mom because he's successfully made a number two, things have gone way too far."

:laugh:

:BB Be Chrool To Your Scuel

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:41 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider will guest on this Sunday's (December 6) episode of A&E's "Private Sessions", a weekly one-hour performance and interview series hosted by Lynn Hoffman. Snider sits down with Hoffman to talk family, friends, music, and metal. Don't miss exclusive performances of "I Wanna Rock", "We're Not Gonna Take It", "The Price", "Thirty" and a special Christmas treat, "Oh Come All Ye Faithful". Plus surprise guests Bobby Brown, Lita Ford, Eddie Trunk and fellow headbanger Riki Rachtman drop by to ask Dee a question.

The show will air at 9:00 a.m. EST / 8:00 a.m. CST. Check out a couple of preview clips below.

Taped in a small intimate studio in New York City, "Private Sessions" showcases exclusive performances and intimate conversations with the top names in the music and movie industry.

Each Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. EST, "Private Sessions" explores the body of work of a single artist or group. It also includes perfomances of current releases as well as career-building, influential or defining songs and/or movie projects.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next