Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Anthrax news
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:28 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
ANTHRAX recently spent time in the studio recording several cover versions of some of their favorite rock classics, to be included with the upcoming "Anthem" EP, due on March 18.

The track listing for the effort is as follows:

01. Anthem (RUSH cover)
02. Jailbreak (THIN LIZZY cover)
03. TNT (AC/DC cover)
04. Big Eyes (CHEAP TRICK cover)
05. Smokin' (BOSTON cover)
06. Keep On Runnin' (JOURNEY cover)

"It was a lot of fun, especially because a lot of those [songs] aren't, I guess, normal for us or like so much of our repertoire — although they are because they're songs we all knew," guitarist Scott Ian tells Billboard.com. "Maybe on paper the idea of us doing something like that seems weird, until you hear them and then it makes sense. And Joey's performance on the JOURNEY song, specifically, really blows my mind. Someone mentioned that [JOURNEY guitarist] Neal Schon better not hear this or we might lose our singer." ANTHRAX also also laid down a cover version of BLACK SABBATH's "Neon Knights" for the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album which is being assembled by the singer's widow and longtime manager Wendy Dio.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:11 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
ANTHRAX's cover of RUSH's "Anthem" is now available for streaming at RollingStone.com

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/ ... hrax1.html

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:19 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Sold.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:17 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Bram Teitelman of Metal Insider recently conducted an interview with ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Metal Insider: I'm not going to dwell on this, but I'll start by addressing the elephant in the room, which is [guitarist] Rob's [Caggiano] departure. Did you know he was creatively unsatisfied with ANTHRAX, or did it come as a surprise to you?

Charlie: It was a bit of a surprise to me. I was bummed. He said that he wanted to pursue more producing options, and that was his reason for leaving. He had other reasons, so I guess it was something that he'd been thinking about for a while. He wanted to get back to producing and getting off the road. And you're probably going to tell me, "Well, you do know he joined another band [VOLBEAT], right?" That makes it a bit confusing. I know a lot of our fans were sad to see him go, but were like, "If you want to go produce, we understand that." But when you read that he went to go join another band, that makes it seem a bit sketchy.

Metal Insider: Let's talk about your covers EP. Wasn't it supposed to initially just be for a special edition of "Worship Music"?

Charlie: It was talked about as that. But we had some of these songs and we wanted to do something with them because we really liked the way they came out. We wanted to add a bit more, so we talked about doing three or four more songs. Joey [Belladonna, vocals] really liked "T. N. T.", so we did that. Then we did the RUSH, BOSTON and JOURNEY songs, which was another one Joey really liked as well. So we went back and recorded them and they came out really good.

Metal Insider: What are your thoughts on being nominated for a Grammy for a fourth time?

Charlie: To some, it may come as a "yeah, I got nominated for a Grammy, I really don't care," kind of thing. I actually really do care about the Grammys, because it's being recognized for your art. And it came as a total surprise to us, which was even better. We weren't sitting around waiting to be nominated, and it was a complete shock. The amount of hard work and emotion that went into making the record, I feel that being recognized for our art is amazing. I can't say what the other bands put into their records, but I know what we put into ours, and it took a while for a reason. I'm really excited about it, and I hope it goes our way.

Metal Insider: I know this is way premature, but are there any thoughts on a follow-up to "Worship Music"?

Charlie: Yeah, well, we talked about of course not waiting to long to do the next one. We're looking for some time this year to get in and start working on it.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Although he's quick to note that he doesn't pay too much attention to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian got a bit more passionate when talking to Radio.com about a band that has been ignored by the voters.

"A lot people have a problem with KISS," Ian said. "KISS is just as important as AEROSMITH and LED ZEPPELIN.

"The people who vote on these kinds of things — I don't know who these people are — I think they're the kind of people who never, ever liked KISS.

"If you like ALICE COOPER, you should like KISS. But a lot of people didn't take them seriously as a songwriting entity. I feel like they're never gonna let KISS in, which is pretty fucking lame when you consider what they've accomplished."

He continued: "I was reading an interview with someone from the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, and he said that one of the main criteria to be considered into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is what influence have they had on music? KISS has influenced bands that are already in the Hall Of Fame! They're one of the most influential bands of the last forty years!"

British rock legends DEEP PURPLE were denied entry to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame this year — losing out to pop and rap acts DONNA SUMMER and PUBLIC ENEMY.

"How many people started playing guitar because of the riff to 'Smoke On The Water?'" Ian asked Radio.com. "You can pinpoint that riff as the starting point to more guitar players than any other song in the history of rock. So it's just amazing to me that a band like DEEP PURPLE isn't in."

Ian added: "Nothing against my friends in METALLICA, but even if you asked them… When METALLICA were inducted [into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 2009], James [Hetfield] name checked a bunch of bands from the stage, saying maybe you should put these bands in as well."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:37 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"Anthems", ANTHRAX's long-awaited, eight-track EP that pays tribute to the classic songs by some of the band's favorite acts from the 1970s, sold around 8,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 52 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was released in North America on March 19 (MRI/Megaforce), and on March 22 in Europe (Nuclear Blast).

ANTHRAX's latest full-length album, "Worship Music", sold 28,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at No. 12. The band's previous studio CD, 2003's "We've Come For You All", opened with just under 10,000 units to debut at No. 122.

I'd call 8 tracks an album, not necessarily an EP.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
"Anthems" is pretty darn good, IMHO... but then again, you guys all know I'm a fan of a good covers disc anyway. I also like it when a band you'd expect to have one list of covers ends up showing a completely different set of influences and songs they chose to represent.

:BB Big Eyes

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:40 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
ANTHRAX's May 10 concert at Teatro Caupolican in Santiago, Chile was professionally filmed for a live DVD. The show consisted of a special extended set featuring tracks from the band's whole catalog.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Among The Living
02. Caught In A Mosh
03. I Am The Law
04. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
05. A Skeleton In The Closet
06. March Of The S.O.D. (STORMTROOPERS OF DEATH cover)
07. In The End
08. Deathrider
09. T.N.T. (AC/DC cover)
10. I'm Alive
11. Indians
12. Medusa
13. In My World
14. Got The Time (Joe Jackson cover)
15. Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't

Encore:

16. I'm The Man / Raining Blood (SLAYER cover)
17. Madhouse
18. Antisocial (TRUST cover)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:22 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
SOLD!

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15