April 15: Wilbur Theatre, Boston, MA - On sale Dec. 28

April 19: Keswick Theatre, Philadelphia, PA - On sale
April 20: Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY - On sale
April 21: Ridgefield Playhouse, Ridgefield, CT - On sale
April 22: NYCB Theatre at Westbury, NY - On sale

April 24: The Birchmere, Alexandria, VA - On sale
April 25: Carolina Theatre of Durham, NC - TBA
April 26: Variety Playhouse Theatre, Atlanta, GA - TBA

We will add more dates as they are confirmed, so please keep checking back!

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Greg Lake
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:18 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
I wouldn't mind catching that show...

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 pm 
Registered Rushaholic
For Immediate Release

Legendary Vocalist Greg Lake Extends Songs of a Lifetime to UK and Europe Following Successful North American Tour

Greg Lake, tours the UK and Europe in “Songs of a Lifetime”, a shared musical journey full of drama and laughter which critics hail as an “artistic triumph” and fans say is the “experience of a lifetime”

August 14, 2012 - Legendary singer and songwriter Greg Lake tours the UK and Europe in Songs of a Lifetime, a shared musical journey and performance experience, which received rave reviews from fans and critics alike in North America. The tour begins this November 2012 in the UK.

Hailed as an "artistic triumph" and "the experience of a lifetime", Songs of a Lifetime gives new insight into Greg Lake and his influences, while showcasing the influence his writing and voice have had not only for rock and roll, but contemporary music of all types.

Greg Lake has long been considered a legendary voice and musical powerhouse whose impact changed the landscape of rock and roll. Many simply refer to him as “The Voice.” Visionary and creative, Songs of a Lifetime provides an evocative, emotional ride into the life and music of one of the world’s most popular songwriters in a unique format which relies on audience involvement as well as the artistry of the performer.

The tour gives theatre goers the opportunity to hear songs written by Lake and others from Emerson, Lake & Palmer, King Crimson, the Beatles, Curtis Mayfield, Elvis, and more reimagined and reinterpreted for the stage. Audience members are encouraged to ask questions and share musical memories. The customized design allows for a different and personal experience for the audience and artist every night, featuring stories of Lake’s encounters with other musical greats who influenced him as well as shared memories created from what Greg calls “the shared journey” he has with the audience which allows the gift of music to “move from soul to soul and spirit to spirit.”

The show’s appeal has moved beyond fans of Greg Lake’s music, which helped fuel generations of rock and roll, to those who simply love music. Both those intimately familiar with Greg’s music and those who come to the show with roots in classical, blues, and succeeding generations of rock and roll find themselves enchanted and entranced.

“The concept of performing an intimate and autobiographical show presents a huge challenge,” Lake says. “The evolution of the experience is so invigorating it still gives me a thrill every time I think about it. The task is to develop an event that is memorable and unique, unexpected and impactful. I want to defy expectations and defy what people expect when they hear the words ‘one man show’. I am pleased to say that we have been successful in stepping up to that challenge to create an experiential show that is as much an event as it is a performance.”

“We create an intimate and unusual event together,” he adds. “However, at the end of the night the most important [thing] of all is that everyone feels entertained and enriched by the whole live experience.”

More surprises are ahead for fans and each show is both exciting and different. Lake has taken care to explode expectations of the ordinary to create something extraordinary.

“This is not a boring show, with me just strumming folk songs,” Greg promises. "It is a highly produced show with lots of drama and pathos,” he continues. “Everyone feels part of something indescribable, remarkable and enlightening, as well as having been entertained by shared memories of our musical journeys together.”

The UK and European legs of the tour follow a successful North American run, with rave reviews by audience members and critics alike.

"If you love music, you will love this show. I've never felt so much part of what is happening."

"Greg Lake's music is the music of my life. I can't believe that I had the opportunity to speak with him, laugh with him, and to feel as if he and I were in his living room, good friends sharing good times."

"Greg Lake is so humble and moving. He speaks with deep respect and humility of his idols in rock and roll, while the audience regards him as the iconic equals of those he honours."

"It is an amazing show, not to be missed. I've seen it all and thought I heard it all, but if you love music, if you love rock and roll, you want to be part of this."

The tour coincides with the upcoming release of Greg Lake’s autobiography, Lucky Man, and was inspired by it, but the two are not the same.

The autobiography is NOT an audio recording of the show, but a narrative of Lake’s experiences from childhood to the present, including never before revealed details, funny and poignant moments, and colorful facts of his amazing career as one of the world’s leading and influential musicians, songwriters, vocalists and poets. The autobiography will be released in three audio book volumes, read by the author. The first volume will be available at the show; the complete print edition is anticipated at the end of the year.

New editions of Greg Lake’s solo albums and DVDs are also expected to be made exclusively available to those fans in attendance.

Special VIP packages, which include sound check attendance, post-show interaction and photo opportunities, post-show receptions with the singer and signed merchandise, are available at www.greglake.com.

Greg Lake is managed by Stewart Young and the UK and European Dates are booked by World Concert Artists.corrado@worldconcertartists.org. More information can be found at www.greglake.com .

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:53 am 
Registered Rushaholic
Legendary Singer/Songwriter Greg Lake To Release Highly Anticipated 'Songs Of A Lifetime' Live CD – February 25, 2013

London, UK - Hot on the heels of a successful solo tour of the US, UK and sold out tour of Italy, legendary singer/songwriter Greg Lake will be releasing a new live CD 'Songs Of A Lifetime' on Esoteric Antenna / Manticore Records on February 25, 2013. Capturing all the excitement of Greg Lake live in concert, 'Songs Of A Lifetime' documents Greg's musical history, from his beginnings with King Crimson to super-stardom with ELP to his illustrious solo career, through stories and songs. Performing all his most popular songs including "21st Century Schizoid Man", "From The Beginning", "Still....You Turn Me On", "Lend Your Love To Me Tonight", "C'est la Vie" and "Karn Evil 9", as well as homages to Elvis Presley and The Beatles and Curtis Mayfield, 'Songs Of A Lifetime' is a must have for Greg Lake fans and music fans everywhere!

Hailed as an "artistic triumph" and "the experience of a lifetime", 'Songs Of A Lifetime' gives new insight into Greg Lake and his influences, while showcasing in concert the influence his writing and voice have had not only for rock and roll, but contemporary music of all types.

As a founding member of King Crimson and Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Greg Lake has been a major force in music for over 40 years. In 2012 he embarked on a successful solo tour to perform 'Songs Of A Lifetime', a unique concert experience that was conceived whilst Greg was writing his autobiography. Greg explains, "From time to time during the writing of my autobiography, these songs would crop up that were in some way crucial or extremely important in the development of my career. These were not always songs that I had written myself, but sometimes songs that had been written and performed by other artists as well. I realized that what they actually represented was the journey that I had shared together with the audience over all these years. Behind these songs there were often stories to be told and it occurred to me that the same must be true for the audience as well. It was then that I thought of the idea of doing a series of very small intimate concerts where I could perform these songs and exchange stories with the audience, in a way reliving the time when the music we shared together really became part of our identity and in a way became the backdrop to our lives, a sort of tapestry I suppose."

Greg Lake has long been considered a legendary voice and musical powerhouse whose impact changed the landscape of rock and roll. Many simply refer to him as "The Voice". Visionary and creative, 'Songs Of A Lifetime' provides an evocative, emotional ride into the life and music of one of the world's most popular songwriters in a unique format which relies on audience involvement as well as the artistry of the performer. Says Greg, "This is not one of those boring shows sitting on a stool strumming folk songs, I purposely set out to make this show dynamic and entertaining with lots of drama and pathos, even some humour at times as well. Everyone feels part of the performance because we all bonded by the shared memories of our musical journeys together." The recordings on the 'Songs Of A Lifetime' CD were taken from a selection of shows performed on the 2012 tour.

The CD release coincides with the upcoming release of Greg Lake's autobiography, 'Lucky Man', and was inspired by it, but the two are not the same. The autobiography is NOT an audio recording of the show, but a narrative of Lake's experiences from childhood to the present, including never before revealed details, funny and poignant moments, and colourful facts of his amazing career as one of the world's leading and influential musicians, songwriters, vocalists and poets. The autobiography will be released both as an audio book read by the author and the complete print edition is anticipated at the end of the year. In support of the release plans for tours in Japan, Europe, South America, USA and Canada are currently in the works and will be announced shortly.

Greg Lake 'Songs Of A Lifetime' CD can be purchased at http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=3999

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

Topic Top