Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: Queensryche News
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
The Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE kicked off the recording sessions for its new album yesterday (Sunday, December 2) with producer James "Jimbo" Barton — the man who engineered and mixed the band's classic 1988 LP, "Operation: Mindcrime", and its 1990 follow-up, "Empire", and co-produced 1994's "Promised Land". La Torre — who is also a member of Florida melodic metallers CRIMSON GLORY — states, "Day one of recording the new QUEENSRŸCHE album went great! Great things on the horizon."

The new QUEENSRŸCHE CD is tentatively due in early 2013 via an as-yet-undetermined record label.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:26 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Good lord. Even the new guy is shit-slinging! :shock:

The Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE has finished recording the drums for its new album at London Bridge Studios in Seattle, Washington with producer James "Jimbo" Barton — the man who engineered and mixed the band's classic 1988 LP, "Operation: Mindcrime", and its 1990 follow-up, "Empire", and co-produced 1994's "Promised Land". The rest of the music and vocals will be laid down over the coming weeks at several different facilities on the West Coast.

In a posting on his official Facebook page, La Torre — who is also a member of Florida melodic metallers CRIMSON GLORY — wrote earlier today (Thursday, December 13): "Yes, QUEENSRŸCHE fans are very intelligent people, and this is why the majority go to QueensrycheOfficial.com for all of the latest news having to do with those that WROTE THE MUSIC for the last 30 years. That is the reality.

"Thank goodness I'm not a hired gun with only a voice. When I write a song, I can actually play all of the instruments.

"QUEENSRŸCHE has a new dynamic that it never had before. The cherry on top: We have the strongest artist management company in the business, the world-class producer/engineer James Barton on our new record, a wonderful new booking agency, QUEENSRŸCHE's crew and touring manager, have since shared the stage with the loved Pamela Moore, and re-establishing global contacts that are eager to book us. If that isn't a testament to what the majority of people and peers deem as the most valued version of today's QUEENSRŸCHE, then I don't know what is.

"Another reality is that we are moving forward with a new album while playing material off of the first five albums, which includes the EP.

"'Queen Of The Reich': Yes, people do stare speechless, because they are shocked to hear the song performed well, a song that 'broke out' this legendary pioneering band.

"Shame on anyone to deny the music that garnished fans in the first place and still resonates 30 years later.

"I couldn't be more proud to front my favorite band, sing with passion, and take time at every show to acknowledge every person I can.

"QUEENSRŸCHE is rising once again, respecting the fans first and foremost, which is why we (the band) all interact with the fans...a far cry from so many other artists' social sites.

"We all thank you all for embracing the change and positive new energy of the band, music, and growth. Thank you so much!"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:39 am 
Metal God
Favorite Band: Queensryche?
I hope all the anger and emotion the band has gone through this year makes for a bad ass Ryche cd. It didn't do much for the other guy but then again maybe I'm just not drinking enough wine to get his new solo disc.

I do like this new guys chutzpah. We'll see.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:40 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Is it me, or is he starting to sound more and more like TaterHead every day? :shock:

I guess you sing that high note at the end of QOTR one too many time... and it just... well... does something to your brain... :?

:lol:

:BB Operation: Mindcrime

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:42 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
Is it me, or is he starting to sound more and more like TaterHead every day? :shock:

I guess you sing that high note at the end of QOTR one too many time... and it just... well... does something to your brain... :?

:lol:

:BB Operation: Mindcrime

"TaterHead"

:lmfao:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Screamer Magazine recently conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE lead vocalist Todd LaTorre, guitarists Parker Lundgren and Michael Wilton, bassist Eddie Jackson and drummer Scott Rockenfield prior to the band's November 24 performance at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, California. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the band's split with singer Geoff Tate and addition of vocalist Todd LaTorre (also of CRIMSON GLORY):

Rockenfield: "Most of it was geared around wanting to do better business and watching what our business has been doing, as well as trying to address some issues that began early in 2012. I mean, things had been building for a while, but in a nutshell, we wanted to address those things and it wasn't accepted very well, and that started a sort of chaotic steam roll of a lot of negative stuff going on, which cultivated in the very end and escalated to what happened in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It had been building for a while, to be honest, and one of those things where we just finally decided to sit down and really address some of these issues and talk about ways we could do better business together, and that required us to have to make some decisions. We wanted to move on with some employees that were working with us and to just address a lot of issues that were on the table for us. And, like I said, once we opened up those conversations, it didn't go very well, and so we had to make some decisions based around that and so that's what we did. We just decided that it was best for us to move on; we didn't see eye to eye anymore on those business decisions, so we wanted to keep doing what QUEENSRŸCHE is good at, which is making music and playing shows for the fans that want to hear what we do. So that's what we did. The timing was good, we moved on, we found Todd, he fit the role. He's got a great personality and all our chemistry together is really great and here we are."
On the legal dispute with Geoff Tate over the rights to the QUEENSRŸCHE name:

Rockenfield: "None of us know what that decision [by the judge] is going to be [in November 2013], and, of course, we're leaving that up to the final deciding factor, but in the interim we're going out as QUEENSRŸCHE, and we're doing everything under the guise of QUEENSRŸCHE, and that's what we have been doing ever since this thing started to steamroll anyway. But you have the longest standing members of the band, QUEENSRŸCHE, since day one even before Geoff joined the band, so for us it's just business as usual."

Wilton: "The ultimate decision, though, is going to be how the fans feel and how the fans react and how this is played out in the marketplace. We're doing pretty good numbers right now and we are the majority of the band, and to be honest, I think the fans are going to be psyched."

Rockenfield: "In the meantime, we're grateful. The support has been huge and the shows are really being accepted great. Todd's involvement with us is being accepted and it's great. So with that, we just roll, ya know we're just rolling and for us it's just business as usual. We start making a new record in December."

On QUEENSRŸCHE's forthcoming studio album:

Rockenfield: "You kind of never know what to expect once you start, and things just kind of take on a life and it just rolls. We're really excited about it; the material is really exciting and we're having a lot of fun with the creation of all the new material, so the next step would be recording; going in and whack it out and make it happen."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:51 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
You know... The more I think about this whole deal, the more I think that this probably isn't going to end the way we all might like it to.

This is going to be a tough one in the long-run... especially if Mr. Po-TaterHead does what he seems to be doing: Playing a lot more of the classic material to try to take the wind out of the QR camp's sails. Plus, he's already out on the road. I'll bet he stays out there to try to drum up interest with "classic" QR material, despite what he's been saying in the early interviews. If he breaks out the classics and keeps churning out the miles on the tour bus with a reasonably-competent band (which he already has), he's gonna be tough to beat. If there's one bit of truth to his endless back-patting and cock-stroking, it's probably the part about being the motivating force and primary songwriter of the band. He's already got his album out (mostly just good timing, granted)... and it sounds a LOT more like their classic material than I ever expected (I actually like quite a bit of it :oops:). Where's the Ryche, in the meantime? In the studio trying to get a rehashed Revolution Calling on tape in between choruses of "He was mean to us." interviews on Blabbermouth. :gig:

Let's face it... most bands are identified by the singer's voice first-and-foremost. Look what happened to L.A. Guns... Tracii Guns is a kick-ass guitarist with a fairly identifiable playing style. Still, the Guns-less Guns with Phil Lewis behind the mic won the war. Like it or not, you can always find a decent guitarist to copy the riffs and solos... but it's hard to find another singer who can do a convincing Phil Lewis imitation. He still has a great voice (as does the Taterizer), so the classics just sound more like the classics with Phil belting them out. Jack Russell is doing the same thing right now. The Terrier has been on the road pretty steadily since the big split. He's drumming up business by touting the "classic" GW sound... and judging by his FB fan clubs, it's working pretty well. He's getting more interest as a stand-alone product than the original band has been over the last few years.

There's nothing like a good pissing contest to get you to practice honing your target-shooting. :guns: :lol:

Like it or not, I think The EgoTater is probably gonna win this one... unless he's dumb enough to go back to breaking out his saxophone and churning out "American Soldier"-type crap so that he can grow and evolve as an artiste. :roll:

On the bright side, I doubt the mighty QR will stay split for too long if he plays this the way I think he will... Queenie & the LaTorriadors are taking way too long to get on the offensive, and Mr. Tate and the Publicity Machine are likely to eat their lunch in the marketing & touring department, so they will eventually have to crawl back to have their inevitable "triumphant reunion" tour... and if anything truly positive comes out of this, it'll be that the reassembled Rychage will probably have a much more classic "Mind"-set.

What say you to this theory, my fellow Rycheroonis?

:BB Walk In The Shadows (Of TaterHead's Humongous Melon)

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I just can't take him seriously after that retarded promo video. I don't want anything to do with him even if he gets back with the band.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:56 am 
Metal God
I don't know about that Steve. The guy couldn't put 100 people in seats for his first run through here with the accoustic show, which I really liked, albeit that was just before the official break-up. His second run through here as Queensryche at the end of November didn't fare well attendance wise either including myself and the few Rycher's in my circle of friends.

The PR he's put out there has been more of a turn off than anything and his new solo LP didn't do much for me. Got about as many spins as DTC. I don't think a ton of fans even pay attention to any of their PR. I'm usually the one who passes on Ryche info to the gang, thanks to Bildo, because they just don't follow the band that close but they will buy a ticket to see them almost every tour.

I think that's where Whip and the boys have a bit of a break. If the general concert go-er/fan has no idea Tates gone until the new album comes out or the curtain goes up I don't think it will matter as much if the material is good and everyone gets a little tingle in their Promised Land. After hearing some of the snippets from the other Queensryche's new material I can say I'm really stoked about their new album. Sounds like exactly what alot of us disenchanted Ryche fans have been waiting to hear.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:30 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
By the by, if any of those Ryche fans want to know where you are getting your info, you could send them to this site. Hint, hint. :wink:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:41 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Here's something to hold you over:

Fan-filmed video footage of the Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE performing the band's classic song "Queen Of The Reich" this past Saturday, December 29 at the Marquee Theatre in Tempe, Arizona can be seen below.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:07 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
OnTourLive.com and the Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE have decided to give all their fans that purchased the band's December 29 concert in Tempe, Arizona some additional footage of their New Year's Eve show in Las Vegas. Your Tempe download, which will include the entire concert utilizing high-definition, multi-cam video and sound directly recorded from the board that fed the live mix on the night of the show, will be available the morning of Thursday, January 3. Due to the New Year's holiday, the turnaround time had to be extended, "but the wait will be worth it," says the group.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:56 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Excellent-quality fan-filmed video footage of the Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE performing on December 29, 2012 at the Marquee Theatre in Tempe, Arizona can be seen below (footage shot and edited by Dave "Ravage" Stabley).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Db5xC0iWiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... NQzRDfgxps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 4gUz25xMO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... tP0DaYX0Lk

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
I just can't take him seriously after that retarded promo video. I don't want anything to do with him even if he gets back with the band.

I loved that video... Great for a laugh. I've actually skipped through it a few times to get a chuckle... :P

destroyer67 wrote:
I don't know about that Steve. The guy couldn't put 100 people in seats for his first run through here with the accoustic show, which I really liked, albeit that was just before the official break-up. His second run through here as Queensryche at the end of November didn't fare well attendance wise either including myself and the few Rycher's in my circle of friends.

The PR he's put out there has been more of a turn off than anything and his new solo LP didn't do much for me. Got about as many spins as DTC. I don't think a ton of fans even pay attention to any of their PR. I'm usually the one who passes on Ryche info to the gang, thanks to Bildo, because they just don't follow the band that close but they will buy a ticket to see them almost every tour.

I think that's where Whip and the boys have a bit of a break. If the general concert go-er/fan has no idea Tates gone until the new album comes out or the curtain goes up I don't think it will matter as much if the material is good and everyone gets a little tingle in their Promised Land. After hearing some of the snippets from the other Queensryche's new material I can say I'm really stoked about their new album. Sounds like exactly what alot of us disenchanted Ryche fans have been waiting to hear.

All good points, but I don't see either camp doing very well in the long run, so I think they'll ultimately reunite as a matter of self-preservation, if nothing else. Initially, the LaTorre camp probably will do well because they've got the name... but then they are either going to have to become a straight-up nostalgia act playing "Mindcrime" and "Empire" forever or deliver an album that actually sounds like the classic Rychage we've all been waiting for. I just don't think they're going to be able to do that because I think that Taterhead probably really was the main songwriting talent on their classic material. Plus, it just seems like the camp with the original singer usually seems to end up doing well.

We shall see, though. You might very well be right, bro. We're all just guessing at this point. Personally, I just hope that a viable version of the band does survive and they go back to making the music that the fans have been looking for for the last 20 years.

:BB The Killing Words

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:09 pm 
Metal God
Agreed.

Missed ya buddy.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next