Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: Queensryche News
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:57 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
I just can't take him seriously after that retarded promo video. I don't want anything to do with him even if he gets back with the band.

I loved that video... Great for a laugh. I've actually skipped through it a few times to get a chuckle... :P

destroyer67 wrote:
I don't know about that Steve. The guy couldn't put 100 people in seats for his first run through here with the accoustic show, which I really liked, albeit that was just before the official break-up. His second run through here as Queensryche at the end of November didn't fare well attendance wise either including myself and the few Rycher's in my circle of friends.

The PR he's put out there has been more of a turn off than anything and his new solo LP didn't do much for me. Got about as many spins as DTC. I don't think a ton of fans even pay attention to any of their PR. I'm usually the one who passes on Ryche info to the gang, thanks to Bildo, because they just don't follow the band that close but they will buy a ticket to see them almost every tour.

I think that's where Whip and the boys have a bit of a break. If the general concert go-er/fan has no idea Tates gone until the new album comes out or the curtain goes up I don't think it will matter as much if the material is good and everyone gets a little tingle in their Promised Land. After hearing some of the snippets from the other Queensryche's new material I can say I'm really stoked about their new album. Sounds like exactly what alot of us disenchanted Ryche fans have been waiting to hear.

All good points, but I don't see either camp doing very well in the long run, so I think they'll ultimately reunite as a matter of self-preservation, if nothing else. Initially, the LaTorre camp probably will do well because they've got the name... but then they are either going to have to become a straight-up nostalgia act playing "Mindcrime" and "Empire" forever or deliver an album that actually sounds like the classic Rychage we've all been waiting for. I just don't think they're going to be able to do that because I think that Taterhead probably really was the main songwriting talent on their classic material. Plus, it just seems like the camp with the original singer usually seems to end up doing well.

We shall see, though. You might very well be right, bro. We're all just guessing at this point. Personally, I just hope that a viable version of the band does survive and they go back to making the music that the fans have been looking for for the last 20 years.

:BB The Killing Words

That's my hope for this place. There's no money in it, but it would be nice if everybody came back to the forum because they realize it's more fun that fecesbook.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I knew this was going to happen from the get-go no matter how much he was saying he'd stay in both bands.

Singer Todd La Torre has officially quit Florida metal veterans CRIMSON GLORY.

La Torre, who joined QUEENSRŸCHE in June 2012 as the replacement for Geoff Tate, became an official member of CRIMSON GLORY in April 2010 and has played a number of shows with the band during the past two and a half years.

A "raw" version of a new CRIMSON GLORY demo track entitled "Garden Of Shadows" was released last September and was supposed to appear on the band's new concept record, which was expected sometime this year.

"We were writing the new album and things were looking good," La Torre says in a statement. "We had interest from two major European labels, which was very promising. I was very honored and proud that we were on the rise, and the fans were embracing all that we were doing. We had wonderful momentum and we were working within an important window of time within which the new record should have been recorded and released to have the most impact given the bands resurgence. Unfortunately, the record never materialized despite my best efforts."

He continued: "My involvement with QUEENSRŸCHE had nothing to do with the album progress. I haven’t been contacted to write with CRIMSON GLORY for over six months. As a band, our writing sessions were slow, eventually becoming non-existent before I ever joined QUEENSRŸCHE. During the specific timeframe that I was in talks with QUEENSRŸCHE, members of CRIMSON GLORY were simultaneously occupied by other external and internal endeavors that apparently absorbed the time and/or will away from CRIMSON GLORY, which is not fallacious per se, but it proceeded in passivity. The main reason for my resignation from CRIMSON GLORY is primarily due to its inertia status.

"CRIMSON GLORY was the catalyst that exposed me to the world as an undiscovered vocalist, and I am very thankful to them. Special thanks also to the amazing fans for their acceptance and support of not only CRIMSON GLORY, but their continued support to me as an artist. Lastly, I sincerely wish my friends in CRIMSON GLORY the absolute very best, both personally and professionally."

La Torre made his first public appearance with CRIMSON GLORY at ProgPower USA X as one of seventeen guest performers paying tribute to Midnight, the band's original singer.

Essentially unknown to the mainstream progressive metal scene, La Torre spent 22 years earning his stripes and solidifying himself as an unquestionable talent behind the drum kit of various hard rock and heavy metal projects in the Tampa Bay, Florida area. However, his vocal aspirations went largely unfulfilled until 2009 when Matt LaPorte (JON OLIVA'S PAIN), who had only heard La Torre sing on a few occasions, casually mentioned to CRIMSON GLORY guitarist Jon Drenning that he might make a nice addition to the already stellar lineup of performers the band had accumulated. It was only a short time later that La Torre found himself at the band's rehearsal studio, and the pieces began to fall into place.

Midnight passed away in 2009 due to long-term health complications.

La Torre, who says that QUEENSRŸCHE has been his favorite band since he was 15 years old, first met QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Michael Wilton at last year's NAMM convention in January in Anaheim, California.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:14 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Boy, it's gonna suck when Ol' TaterHead shows back up for the reunion tour and they send him packing. :lol:

:BB A Dead Man's Words

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE has inked a deal with Century Media Records for the release of the band's new studio album. Due on June 11, the CD marks the debut release from the lineup comprised of La Torre (vocals; ex-CRIMSON GLORY), Michael Wilton (guitar), Parker Lundgren (guitar), Eddie Jackson (bass) and Scott Rockenfield (drums). The drums for the album were recorded at London Bridge Studios in Seattle, Washington with producer James "Jimbo" Barton — the man who engineered and mixed the band's classic 1988 LP, "Operation: Mindcrime", and its 1990 follow-up, "Empire", and co-produced 1994's "Promised Land". The rest of the music and vocals were laid down at several different facilities on the West Coast.

"QUEENSRŸCHE is excited to begin writing this next chapter of our career with Century Media. Their passion and love for music has been apparent since early discussions and we are pleased to call them partners on this journey," states Jackson. "We are also thankful for all of the fans who have supported us from day one and helped us get to where we are today. Todd, Scott, Parker, Michael and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for each and every one of you."

QUEENSRŸCHE frummer Scott Rockenfield tells Billboard.com: "Century Media has been extremely enthusiastic ever since they came into the equation with us, and for what it's worth it's hard to find enthusiasm like that. After 35 years I guess I'm gracious and honored that we have people that are that enthusiastic about the band, so we're really happy about moving forward with them."

Century Media president of North America Don Robertson wrote in an email to Billboard.com about the label's interest in the band: "Many of us at the label have been longtime fans of QUEENSRŸCHE as a band. When we heard they were recording a new record, we were all definitely interested."

"Recording is finished. It's that final stage where we mix and we master . . . It's been quite crazy so we're winding down so we can focus on the final section of the record, which is the artwork and the name and everything else," Rockenfield says.

QUEENSRŸCHE will head out on the "Return To History" world tour this March and April. The trek kicks off on March 5 in Dubuque, Iowa and makes stops in nine different countries, wrapping up on April 26 in the Netherlands. The band will also take to the high seas on this year's Monsters Of Rock cruise and Sweden Rock Cruise. The 23-date tour will make stops in New York, Tennessee and Florida as well as in Canada, United Kingdom and Germany, among others.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:41 am 
Metal God
Favorite Band: Queensryche?
April 23rd and June 11th. Two "Queensryche" albums.

Yay! 2 Christmas's

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Ok, this shit is getting even more bizarre. I need a score-card to keep track of all of this.

Former MEGADETH and KING DIAMOND guitarist Glen Drover — who left Geoff Tate's version of QUEENSRŸCHE before playing a single show with the band — will join the Todd La Torre-fronted QUEENSRŸCHE on stage this coming Thursday, March 7 at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to perform the QUEENSRŸCHE classic "Take Hold Of The Flame".

In a posting on his Twitter account, Glen wrote: "Going up onstage with the REAL QUEENSRŸCHE and play 'Take Hold Of The Flame' this thursday at the Phoenix in Toronto. Going to be fun stuff!"

Drover announced his departure from Geoff Tate's version of QUEENSRŸCHE last November. He explained in a statement: "I am really sorry to say that I have decided to bow out of Geoff Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE. I was very excited about doing this gig initially, but learned in the past week or so that it's in my best interest not to do this right now. I feel really bad for those who were excited about the idea, and to Geoff himself, who, I have to say, was very nice to me on my past trip to Seattle. I, of course, am very disappointed for arriving at this point, and making this decision, to say the least. I sincerely wish the Geoff and the band all the luck on what they do in the future."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:57 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
William Clark of Music Enthusiast Magazine recently conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Michael Wilton. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Music Enthusiast Magazine: Was there a certain event that made you and the rest of the band finally decide to kick [singer] Geoff Tate out of QUEENSRŸCHE?

Michael: Yeah, I mean basically if you look at any business, it's built upon the strength of its infrastructure. Viewing this as a business end and a creativity entity, we just weren't clicking on all cylinders. You have basically situations that grow over time where decisions are being made, and people don't quite agree with the philosophy. In a nutshell, we were creatively going different ways. And as a business, questioning some of the business decisions. I think those were kind of going in an opposite way of what others perceive. Just trying to keep a thread into your past and keep that fanbase. Trying to keep your albums on their coffee tables and not take such outlandish risks. Any business would question that.

Music Enthusiast Magazine: What is it like working with Todd La Torre as compared to working with Geoff?

Michael: Well, obviously you have a renewed energy. The chemistry within the band is renewed, and it's got a different dynamic now. Basically we want to rock, we like the hard rock element, we like a bit of the progressive element, we want to collaborate with our fanbase and really make this a situation where we listen to the audience and hear what they want, and we build upon that. QUEENSRŸCHE has always been a touring act, that's what we did in the early days. We were a guitar duo band and toured the world, and worked our asses off to get the respect of the audience. And I think that we've come full circle and we're at that point again. For the following years, we're going to work our asses off and get the respect of the audiences again, and just really show this new energy and this new chemistry with Todd La Torre as our new frontman. And you know what?! It's just a lot of fun again. In the past, it was just becoming, "This is a job. This is just a business, this is a job," and there was no fun in it. It's come back to how we started out in the beginning, a bunch of guys having fun, working hard and doing what they love.

Music Enthusiast Magazine: I think that's great. What are your thoughts about that other band named QUEENSRŸCHE going around, with Geoff on vocals?

Michael: You know, I try not to step on that subject too much. Obviously I'm aware of it, but I really do not pay too much attention to it. So I can't really say, other than I'm really stoked on what we're doing. I think what we're doing is rebuilding the brand, rebuilding the business and just surrounding ourselves with fluent people who are willing to push us in a positive direction. In our previous situation, everything was being done by a family, basically, and it was kind of a one-trick-pony situation. Now, it's like you've got to use your contacts and your friends in the business to push your business, and to help you generate positive growth. That's kind of what I'm consumed with at the moment, and that other stuff is being taken care of on a legal aspect, and we're all good with that. We're really concentrating on rebuilding the business, rebuilding the brand and showing the fans who have been waiting so long to see a good hard rock show that we've got it.

Music Enthusiast Magazine: Speaking of things you're currently doing, QUEENSRŸCHE is back in the studio. What is your objective for this first studio album with Todd manning lead vocals?

Michael: Our objective with this album is to rekindle a band writing together as a band, and utilizing the strengths of the creative forces of everybody in the band, to contribute, and just to make a CD, an album, that's just an honest representation of the band. We're not going to try and sell you some outlandish or exaggerated claims; this is just an honest collection of songs that we think really represent the creative dynamic of the band. Todd is very capable and very talented in that aspect. Like I said before, he's a drummer, he knows melody incredibly, he's a guitar player as well, and that as a band of real musicians it's really exciting to create. So, people are expecting us to write this and write that, but you know what?! We're just going to give you ten honest songs — maybe fifteen, who knows? We're at ten right now, and that's bringing back the energy in the five. That's the first and utmost what I want to see in this recording. I want to see each guy in this band smiling and going, "Yeah. That was killer." I want everybody really just being proud of what they did, and I don't want any dictatorship or anything happening. I want the band to really grow and push the envelope, and really discover real things about their creativity and their talents.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:22 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Former MEGADETH and KING DIAMOND guitarist Glen Drover — who left Geoff Tate's version of QUEENSRŸCHE before playing a single show with the band — joined the Todd La Torre-fronted QUEENSRŸCHE on stage lst night (Thursday, March 7) at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to perform the QUEENSRŸCHE classic "Take Hold Of The Flame".

Commented the band: "Great show in Toronto last night and a special thanks to Glen Drover for coming out and joining us on stage — it was a blast!!"

Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:37 pm 
Metal God
:ataunt:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
destroyer67 wrote:
:ataunt:

Yep, that's the right smiley! :lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:37 pm 
Queen of the Ryche
Favorite Band: ROCK
:lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:02 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Rocket Sports & Entertainment recently conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE singer Todd La Torre. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Rocket Sports & Entertainment: Congratulations on inking the new record deal [with Century Media]. You and your guys must be excited to be releasing it in June. Have you guys decided on a name for the new album yet?

Todd: Kind of. But if I did, I couldn't tell you right now anyway. Yeah, I think we've got it narrowed down. You know, we will reveal that very soon. We're finalizing the artwork, the track listing and the order and all those goodies, the thank yous and liner notes and all of the things that go into it. The record's done. It's just in the final mixing and then mastering stages. So we're excited about the June release.

Rocket Sports & Entertainment: What should we be expecting in regard to the sound of the new album? Is it back to the basics or back to the old-school QUEENSRŸCHE with a mix of some new material?

Todd: The new record, I would say, has… sounds better, you know. There's something that you'd say, "Hey, that sounds like it could have been off 'Rage For Order'," or "This sounds kind of like 'Mindcrime'-ish," or "This could be an 'Empire' thing," but with a new flavor on it. There's some new sounds. The guitars sound, you know, crunchier. And, you know, Ed's [Jackson] got his classic bass tone. This is a very organic collaborative body of work that we all wrote. We didn't say, "We need somebody to just give us a handful of songs." We did write all our own stuff. I mean, hell, I wrote a guitar solo as just an idea I had, and Michael [Wilton] actually used it and — for an outro melody of one of our songs. Michael Wilton had a whole song and had the melody for it but he didn't have the lyrics. He came to me and said, "Hey, Todd, check this melody out." And it's now one of the best choruses on the whole record. All of this is a very wonderful, natural, quality piece of music and all of us feel that way. Are we gonna say it's a balls-to-the-wall heavy album? No. It's a hard rock record with some metal elements to it. But I would never want to say that it's a heavy metal record because I don't want to box in QUEENSRŸCHE. I don't want to box our sound in. If we want to use strings and be orchestrated, we can do that. If I want to scream 'till I'm blue in the face, you know, we can do that. If Michael wants to play something really shreddin or soft and pretty, we want to have all of those avenues to go down without boxing us into a genre or niche. Overall, I think it's a strong record. It's very true and authentic to us. And we hope that that translates musically to the fans. And everyone here thinks differently. But, overall, I think that people are really gonna like it, and I think it's a huge deviation from the last couple records. It was only the band writing. There's no outside influence.

Rocket Sports & Entertainment: Tell us a little more about the collaborative effort in regard to the music and especially the lyrics.

Todd: I've written some drum parts on a song that Parker [Lundgren, guitar] wrote. I've written, out of the quantity of songs we have I think I wrote lyrics for six or seven of them maybe. Five, six, seven. I don't know. They would say, here, check this idea out. And then I'd run with it. And then we all work together on it. But most of the time, they're like, "Dude, that's awesome." And then there might be a, "Hey, let's try this on the melody here." But lyrically, they don't tell me what to do or how to be. That's why this is such a wonderful thing for everybody. There's no — you know, it's not a dictatorship, dude. It's a democracy. And we all talk about it. And we do what we feel is best for the band musically as a group. And so they allow me that freedom. I feel very fortunate and thankful and — you know, it's awesome. Its sweet, you know, all the ingredients are right. And it's — it's tasty.

Rocket Sports & Entertainment: Well, will you guys be releasing a single, and do you know what that first single might be?

Todd: That's something that we haven't focused on. Really, right now, we've just been so busy doing the recording. We just did our first show last night of this leg of the tour. That's stuff that we haven't really even gotten into. I mean, we have our label and management and the respective people that talk about those things. We have discussed it. I think we may release something soon. You know, possibly before the entire record is out, there may be a full song out there, before even our release date. That's very likely. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it's probable. There was a lot of great feedback from that — from that teaser of the song "Redemption" and Eddie Trunk world-premiered it on his [radio] show. And the first words out of his mouth when it was done was, "Man, it sounds like QUEENSRŸCHE." So that was a wonderful stamp of approval from a guy who knows so much about the music and the players and the sounds and whatnot. That was a wonderful thing that he got from it.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:28 pm 
Metal God
As opposed to it sounding like The Bay City Rollers. :roll:

I'm so ready to hear this record.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:19 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
destroyer67 wrote:
As opposed to it sounding like The Bay City Rollers. :roll:

I'm so ready to hear this record.

S A T U R D A Y night!
S A T U R D A Y night!
S A T U R D A Y night!
S A T U R D A Y night!
Gonna keep on dancin' to the
Rock and roll
A Saturday night, Saturday night
Dancin' to the rhythm in our
Heart and soul
A Saturday Night, Saturday night
IIII I just can't wait,
III I got a date
At the good ole rock and roll road
Show, I gotta go
Saturday Night,
Saturday Night
Gonna rock it up, roll it up
Do it all, have a ball,
Saturday Night,
Saturday Night
It's just a Saturday Night
S A T U R D A Y night!
S A T U R D A Y night!
S A T U R D A Y night!
S A T U R D A Y night!
Gonna dance with my baby till the
Night is thru
A Saturday Night, Saturday Night
Tell her all the little things I'm
Gonna do
A Saturday night, Saturday Night
IIII I love her so
III I'm gonna let her know
At the good ole rock and roll road
Show, I gotta go
Saturday Night,
Saturday Night
Gonna rock it up, roll it up
Do it all, have a ball,
Saturday Night,
Saturday Night
S A T U R D A Y NIGHT!
S A T U R D A Y NIGHT!
S A T U R D A Y NIGHT!
S A T U R D A Y NIGHT!
It's just a Saturday night
It's just a Saturday Night,
IT's just a Saturday Night,
It's just a Saturday night
IT's just a Saturday Night,
:cheer :cheer :cheer

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:34 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
I took a little poll among a few of our members on FB via private message last night...

...and it appears that everyone else was smart enough to sample the new TaterRyche album... decided they weren't impressed and decided to wait for the QR "band" album to come out.

What did I do? I ordered it without hearing it like I always do, being the schmuck that I am. :lol:

Who knows, though? I may come out on top in the end because I may end up with one of the only copies of what will turn out to be a rare album. :wink:

Yeah... I can spin almost anything, can't I? :lmao:

:BB Silent Stupidity

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next