Login |  Register

Post subject: New Album - Queensryche "Human Condition"
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:48 pm 
Queen of the Ryche
Favorite Band: ROCK
It's coming!!

QUEENSRŸCHE's MICHAEL WILTON: TODD LA TORRE Was The 'Perfect Person' To Replace GEOFF TATE

Cool article, you can watch the youtube videos of the 3 new releases from the album as well. ;-)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/queens ... eoff-tate/

Jorge Fretes of Spain's GoetiaMedia.com recently conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Michael Wilton. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On the similarities between the vocal styles of QUEENSRŸCHE's new singer, Todd La Torre, and his predecessor, Geoff Tate:

"When I first met Todd, he had pretty much given up on the whole CRIMSON GLORY thing; they never recorded with him. It was a situation where Todd is a fan of the whole operatic singing, and had big influences, [like] Bruce Dickinson and all of them. So he was the perfect person for this. And it was not until we heard him sing with us in a rehearsal room that we went, 'Oh my gosh! This guy has his own voice, but he has the same nuances as the old Geoff Tate [stuff did]. It was really an eye-opening experience. And from that point on, it was just developing and him getting the confidence. It's not an easy task filling those shoes, so he had to deal with a lot of negative things in his life. It was show by show by show — one show at a time — we proved that this is what the fans want."

On the contributions of producer Chris "Zeuss" Harris to QUEENSRŸCHE's new album, "Condition Hüman":

"I think he was another member in there in [working out] the arrangements and helped us really get the songs in the strongest format. He, personally, is a fan of the old QUEENSRŸCHE records, so he knew our material and he had an idea of how QUEENSRŸCHE should sound in 2015. So he was the right person for this body of music. He really went to the roots of QUEENSRŸCHE, but did it in a modern way. And we're really happy with the outcome of this recording."

On whether he feels QUEENSRŸCHE still has something to prove with the new lineup:

"We have been touring steadily for two and a half three years on the last album. And for us, yes, we have to prove, and we prove it by one show at a time. And that's what we've been doing for the last two and a half, three years — is proving to the world, proving to promoters, proving to festivals, proving to everyone that there's something really energetic and something really hot here with QUEENSRŸCHE, and you should take a listen and come see them play live. And that's basically what we've been doing. We haven't given up, and we've been successful. It's been a lot of hard work — I will say that — but we're persevering and we're forging on dead ahead. And we really think this new album is really gonna separate us and finally we can move on, be QUEENSRŸCHE and evolve with each album and each tour."

"Condition Hüman" will be released on October 2 via Century Media. The CD was recorded in part at at Uberbeatz Studio in Washington .

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/queens ... O3oiGGj.99

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: New Album - Queensryche "Human Condition"
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:27 pm 
Metal God
Favorite Band: Queensryche?
I've been getting the downloads from the pledge site. I like what I've heard so far. Guardian has been my favorite so far. I hear some Sanctuary in there a bit.

Wonder if I'll get my pre-order this week before tomorrow.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:02 pm 
Queen of the Ryche
I pre-ordered too.

The three songs have promise. Looking forward to hearing the rest. :-)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:18 am 
Metal God
I thought it would be showing up today. I got Guardian and Hellfire mixed up. Hellfire has the No Sanctuary intro. Guardian has the Empire sound.

My Ryche pants are going a little crazy. Don't tell anybody but I have listened to the new Operation Mindcrime album a couple of times. A couple decent songs but overall it's not that strong.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:55 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
What's the official release date on this? I'll have to pick a copy. Hopefully, there will be bonus tracks. You all know how I feel about bonus tracks... :w00t:

:lol:

:BB (2-Day Express) Deliverance

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:00 am 
Metal God
Got mine in the mail yesterday but didn't get it until late. Will be jamming it on the treadmill later.

Ok. I've this on all day and a couple songs have stopped me in my tracks. Worth the wait. No bonus tracks yet though.... :(

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:29 pm 
Queen of the Ryche
I haven't gotten mine yet.. :(

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:58 am 
The Lord of Destruction
I ordered it the other night. Looks like it'll arrive on Monday according to Amazon... Also ordered the new Joe Bonamassa and Winery Dogs albums, which were also released today.

I'm not sure it's wise to ask, but I just happened to have GT's new... um... offering pop up when I was grabbing the QR disc. Looks like it was released a couple of weeks ago under the name "Operation: Mindcrime"... Had to one-up his old running buddies, right? :lol:

Anybody give that one a go? To be fair, his last album wasn't too bad, so I'll admit I'm a little curious...

:BB Gonna Get Close To You (Using Confusing QR References To Boost Album Sales) :lol:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:01 am 
Metal God
I've given OM's new cd a spin on Rhapsody. Re-Inventing The Future isn't bad but overall I wasn't too impressed. His last offering had a couple of decent tunes Cold, and In The Hands Of God but the remakes of the classic QR songs were awful. Absolutely awful.

This new QR CD is better than their first go at it. The song Human Condition was on repeat for about 30 minutes yesterday. I hope they come back through Dallas with this material.

Tate looks like Bert from Sesame Street these days. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

"Rubber ducky you're the one......you make bath time lot's of fun......." :D

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:48 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
destroyer67 wrote:
I've given OM's new cd a spin on Rhapsody. Re-Inventing The Future isn't bad but overall I wasn't too impressed. His last offering had a couple of decent tunes Cold, and In The Hands Of God but the remakes of the classic QR songs were awful. Absolutely awful.

This new QR CD is better than their first go at it. The song Human Condition was on repeat for about 30 minutes yesterday. I hope they come back through Dallas with this material.

Tate looks like Bert from Sesame Street these days. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

"Rubber ducky you're the one......you make bath time lot's of fun......." :D

:lol:

Personally, I think Tater Tot is the perfect nickname for him these days... :P

I guess I'll pick up ol' Tater Head's latest as an "Oh, what the hell..." buy at some point. Thanks for the heads-up, boss man... :tup

As it turns out, the trio of new releases I ordered arrived promptly on Friday. I'm giving Whip & Co.'s latest offering a spin right now. I'm as guilty as ever when it comes to buying, ripping and filing without listening (maybe even more so :?), so I figure I'd better fire it up while I'm thinking about it. It ain't easy having the attention span of a gypsy moth on a hot summer night... :lol:

They've definitely hit all the marks when it comes to trying to get that classic sound back, no? I knew they still had it in 'em. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Mr. LaTorre sounds more like Tate than Tate ever did. Dude can just flat sing. Wow. I'm definitely liking it so far... It'll probably take a few spins to really get into the songs, but that's the QR usually is (at least for me)... and the music is catchy enough to make me want to give it more than one spin (which doesn't always happen).

The only criticism I can muster up at this point is that it sounds like they were trying to sound exactly like QR circa 1990... like they went through their own discography song by song and copped all their old guitar effects setups (compressors and chorus pedals on 11, boys) and vocal effects (fade-ins, digital harmonizers, modulation effects, spoken word voice-overs a la reverb, etc.). The whole thing comes across like they went into the studio and jammed on songs like Empire, then went into the control room, wrote a song like Selfish Lies, walked back into the studio and recorded it without changing anything. Then I Don't Believe In Love meets Jet City Woman... nine months later, Condition Hüman is born... That sort of thing.

It's definitely understandable, though, especially considering how their long-time fans have been Screaming In Digital for them to get back to their classic sound (myself included). I can't say that it sounds overly-contrived or forced... It's just pretty obvious that it was done intentionally. This one is the natural continuation of the first album with LaTorre. First they went back to basics... This time, they went back to the classics... Good stuff. 8)

At this point, I'd give it: :B :B :B :B :B

Well, whaddaya know? I just started rambling... and the next thing you know, it became a little mini-review. Just like the old days...

God help us all... :lol:

What did you guys think of the album? I know you two must have this thing on repeat by now... What saith the flock?

:BB Take Hold Of The Forum

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:37 pm 
Metal God
You are probably right about all the guitar tones and effects. I hear a lot of different parts that remind me of Warning, RFO, Empire, OM1 and Promised Lane. Which is the Queensryche wheelhouse. I haven't liked every song on a Ryche CD for a long time. Even the last one had a couple that were skip-able. This CD, for me, is start to finish kick ass. Listening to it again now.

Ooops! I just :ajerkoff: again. "Tito hand me a tissue........" :P

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:59 am 
The Lord of Destruction
destroyer67 wrote:
You are probably right about all the guitar tones and effects. I hear a lot of different parts that remind me of Warning, RFO, Empire, OM1 and Promised Lane. Which is the Queensryche wheelhouse. I haven't liked every song on a Ryche CD for a long time. Even the last one had a couple that were skip-able. This CD, for me, is start to finish kick ass. Listening to it again now.

Ooops! I just :ajerkoff: again. "Tito hand me a tissue........" :P

Exactly right. If I'm being honest, I liked the first album with LaTorre, but none of the individual songs really grabbed me, and I didn't feel the urge to give it another spin right away. I just remember thinking that they're finally on the right track again both sound-wise and thematically... aka ~ no theme at all. Just a bunch of good hard-rocking QR songs that they can be proud of. This one has more "hook" to it... I've already spun it a couple of times, and a couple of the songs are beginning to stand out. That's a very good sign in my book... I hope they keep it coming. 8)

:BB All There Was

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:20 pm 
Favorite Band: Y&T, Rush, Van Halen, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Journey, April Wine, many more
Facebook: Tim Durling
Still waiting for the physical copy...enjoying the album though.

To watch AND listen to me blather on, I give you Tim's Vinyl Confessions

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2fi5G ... iBkLtUEWFg

https://twitter.com/TimsVinyl

https://www.facebook.com/timsvinylconfessions

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:57 pm 
Metal God
Played the whole album on the jukebox at my favorite watering hole the other night and had more than a few folks ask me about it. The girls really liked "Just Us", figures. Still spinning it though with no end in sight.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:17 pm 
Favorite Band: Y&T, Rush, Van Halen, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Journey, April Wine, many more
Facebook: Tim Durling
I'm kind of saving my full opinions until I can shoot a video for it...and still haven't received my CD.

A World Without

To watch AND listen to me blather on, I give you Tim's Vinyl Confessions

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2fi5G ... iBkLtUEWFg

https://twitter.com/TimsVinyl

https://www.facebook.com/timsvinylconfessions

Profile  Offline

Topic Top