Login |  Register

Post subject: Anderson , , Bruford , Wakeman , Howe
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 pm 
Registered Rushaholic
For Immediate Release

Vintage Concert By Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe Now Available on Deluxe Edition 2-CD/DVD Box Set

London, UK - Much to the excitement of progressive rock fans across the globe, UK's premier record label Gonzo MultiMedia has released a vintage concert by YES legends Jon Anderson, Bill Bruford, Rick Wakeman, Steve Howe (ABWH) – Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe – Live At The Birmingham N.E.C. The concert held on October 24, 1989 in Birmingham, UK has been released in its entitrety in this deluxe edition 2-CD/DVD box set.

A concept conceived as a return to more traditional 'YES' sounding music, ABWH recorded their debut studio album in late 1988, with the intial tracks done in Paris before the ensemble relocated to Montserrat with producer Chris Kimsey to complete work on the songs. In support of their self-titled debut release on June 5, 1989, ABWH prepared a major world tour touted as “An Evening Of YES Music Plus”. The tour started in the US in Memphis, TN in late July, and featured Tony Levin on bass, Milton McDonald (additional guitars), Julian Colbeck (additional keys) – Jeff Berlin was also featured on bass for several shows due to Tony Levin being ill.

Now for the first time, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe's live UK performance at the N.E.C. can be watched and heard! Also featured is a short film 'ABWH – Off The Wall' by Julian Colbeck.

Songs include:

Tracks: DISC 1: 1. TIME AND A WORD/OWNER OF A LONELY HEART/TEAKBOIS, 2. CLAP, 3. MOOD FOR A DAY, 4. WAKEMAN SOLO, 5. LONG DISTANCE RUNAROUND/DRUM SOLO, 6. BIRTHRIGHT, 7. AND YOU AND I, 8. ALL GOOD PEOPLE, 9. CLOSE TO THE EDGE, DISC 2: AUDIO CONTENT: 1. THEMES/BRUFORD-LEVIN DUET, 2. BROTHER OF MINE, 3. THE MEETING, 4. HEART OF THE SUNRISE, 5. ORDER OF THE UNIVERSE, 6. ROUNDABOUT, 7. STARSHIP TROOPER, VIDEO CONTENT: ABWH - OFF THE WALL - A short film by Julian Colbeck.

This wonderful box set is EXCLUSIVELY available from Gonzo MultiMedia and won't be distributed to any shops or on-line sites.

Purchasing information: http://www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk/produc ... on_(3_Disc).html

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Anderson , , Bruford , Wakeman , Howe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:06 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
I was going to comment about how 1989 could hardly be considered 'vintage,' but then I realized that was almost a quarter century ago. It sucks getting old.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:43 am 
Registered Rushaholic
bildo wrote:
I was going to comment about how 1989 could hardly be considered 'vintage,' but then I realized that was almost a quarter century ago. It sucks getting old.

Sure does sneak up on you.

I remember back in 1998 hearing "My Best Friends Girlfriend" on the radio and thinking it was 20 years old at the time... I new right then I was old.

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:51 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
nappy2112 wrote:
bildo wrote:

Sure does sneak up on you.

I remember back in 1998 hearing "My Best Friends Girlfriend" on the radio and thinking it was 20 years old at the time... I new right then I was old.

Yep.

Incidentally, I remember hearing My Best Friend's Girlfriend moaning and breathing heavy in the back seat of my car while we were Moving In Stereo... What can I say? She was Just What I Needed at the time. :lol:

She was about 20 at the time too. God, at least I hope she was 20 anyway... :shock:

I lost more friends that way. Go figure. :shrug:

C'mon, Gimme Some Slack... You know it had to be said. :lmao:

Oh... and the box set is sold if I can find it. That had to be said too. :wink:

:BB Candy-O

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top