Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Kamelot news
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:36 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
American/German symphonic metallers KAMELOT have announced the addition of Scandinavian singer Tommy Karevik to the group's ranks.

The general public may not be overly familiar with the 30-year-old Swede Karevik, but people in the industry know him as the immensely talented frontman of the Swedish band SEVENTH WONDER.

Commented KAMELOT guitarist Thomas Youngblood: "We had around 800 candidates for the vacant position, among them a number of really renowned musicians, and having to reject them really wasn't easy. We want to thank all the applicants, thank you for your understanding and we wish you all lots of success in the future!"

In their search for a new singer, Youngblood found YouTube to be an amazing tool: "I listened to a clip of a studio production featuring Tommy and have to confess that his performance really amazed me," he said. "His approach to melodies and themes suits KAMELOT perfectly, and during our European shows we had plenty of opportunity to find out what a great guy he is."

Tommy first appeared as one of the guest singers on KAMELOT's very successful 2011 Pandemonium World Tour (see footage below). Tommy states: "The tour was a lot of fun and I met a lot of nice people and got some good experience. The guys were super nice and we had a great time together! By then I was really into the band's music and had fallen in love with the amazingly loyal and dedicated fans at every show."

Karevik is thrilled about his new position. "I am so honored to now be a part of this family and I can`t wait to move into the new era of the band together with the guys," he said. "I fully understand that this comes with great responsibility and that it will be a big challenge for me as a singer as well as a person, but you can rest assured I will give it my all. From this day, a new journey has begun and I am really eager to meet you all along the way to share my passion for this music!"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
American/German/Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT have set "Silverthorn" as the title of their new album, due on September 25 (one day earlier internationally) via Steamhammer/SPV. The CD will mark the band's first release with new singer Tommy Karevik, the 30-year-old Swede who previously fronted SEVENTH WONDER (a group that he is still a member of).

In a brand new interview with RockLiveBG, KAMELOT keyboardist Oliver Palotai stated about the band's new vocalist, "[Tommy] was already with us on some tour dates as a guest singer, and he was singing on one or two songs. And in the past year, we were considering which singer to take. I was strongly on Tommy's side because he made a huge impression on me. Personality. of course. is really important. and he is a little bit introverted and I like this 'Scandinavian feel' about him and he fits KAMELOT really well."

He continued, "The final decision for him was sending in vocals, lyrics and recorded melody on a ballad that I wrote which is on the album. And it was so great and impressive. We all had goosebumps and when we heard that for the first time we knew immediately that was 'it.' He wrote most of the vocal melodies in the album also."

On the topic of the upcoming CD, Palotai said, "The cover was done by Stephan Heilemann. He also did covers for EPICA and my other band, SONS OF SEASONS. He is one of my best buddies, living in the neighborhood, and in my opinion, he is one of the greatest designers in the whole world. The amount of songs is ... I think 9 or 10 without the interludes. . . It's a concept album and it has a story. In the special edition you will get a little book where the story is described. All the songs will be around the story. It will be something like [2005's] 'The Black Halo'.

Regarding how the upcoming CD compares to 2010's "Poetry For The Poisoned", Oliver said, "To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of 'Poetry For The Poisoned'. For me, 'The Black Halo' is a bit like a reference also when I produce bands in my studio. So we wanted to go back to 'The Black Halo' but also include modern elements, which we included since then. You will never hear from a band, Our new record sucks,' but this record is a real killer and brings KAMELOT back on track. It is exactly what I wanted, and I'm really happy with it. I hope the fans will like it as well."

KAMELOT guitarist Thomas Youngblood previously stated about Karevik: "We had around 800 candidates for the vacant position, among them a number of really renowned musicians, and having to reject them really wasn't easy."

In KAMELOT's search for a new singer, Youngblood found YouTube to be an amazing tool. "I listened to a clip of a studio production featuring Tommy and have to confess that his performance really amazed me," he said. "His approach to melodies and themes suits KAMELOT perfectly, and during our European shows we had plenty of opportunity to find out what a great guy he is."

Tommy first appeared as one of the guest singers on KAMELOT's very successful 2011 Pandemonium World Tour.

Youngblood on the style and content of the forthcoming KAMELOT concept album: "The new songs sound more symphonic and melodic than our last two studio recordings. The material brings to mind albums such as 'Karma' (2001) and 'The Black Halo' (2005). In addition, this will be the best production that KAMELOT have ever delivered. Because while other acts tend to opt for low-budget productions due to the difficult market situation, we have gone the opposite way: the new album will be a real statement, in terms of our compositions as well as in terms of our sound."

KAMELOT will support Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH on a North American tour in September and October.

KAMELOT's recently completed North American, South American and European tours featured guest singer Fabio Lione of RHAPSODY OF FIRE following the departure of KAMELOT's longtime frontman, Roy Khan.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:49 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The release date of "Silverthorn", the new album from American/German/Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT, has been pushed back to October 26 (Germany), October 29 (rest of Europe) and October 30 (North America) via Steamhammer/SPV. The CD will mark the band's first release with new singer Tommy Karevik, the 30-year-old Swede who previously fronted SEVENTH WONDER (a group that he is still a member of).

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:02 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
A two-and-a-half-minute video of the unboxing of the limited-edition version of "Silverthorn", the new album from American/German/Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT, can be seen below. The CD will be released on October 30 in North America, October 26 in Germany and October 29 in the rest of Europe via Steamhammer/SPV. The CD will mark the band's first release with new singer Tommy Karevik, the 30-year-old Swede who previously fronted SEVENTH WONDER (a group that he is still a member of).

The "Silverthorn" LP and limited edition will have one version of the cover artwork, while the standard version of "Silverthorn" will have a different but equally exquisite version. The standard version is presented as an Ecolbook. The limited edition contains the Ecolbook, a bonus CD with nearly 60 minutes of music, a 44-page book and an exclusive poster. The double LP version is a gatefold on colored vinyl and includes the CD.

"Silverthorn" track listing:

Disc 1

01. Manus Dei
02. Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife)
03. Ashes To Ashes
04. Torn
05. Song For Jolee
06. Veritas
07. My Confession
08. Silverthorn
09. Falling Like The Fahrenheit
10. Solitaire
11. Prodigal Son
Part I: Funerale
Part II: Burden Of Guilt (The Branding)
Part III: The Journey
12. Continuum

Disc 2 - Limited Box Edition

01. Manus Dei
02. Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife) (instrumental version)
03. Kismet
04. Ashes To Ashes (instrumental version)
05. Torn (instrumental version)
06. Song For Jolee (instrumental version)
07. Veritas (instrumental version)
08. My Confession (instrumental version)
09. Silverthorn (instrumental version)
10. Falling Like The Fahrenheit (instrumental version)
11. Solitaire (instrumental version)
12. Prodigal Son (instrumental version)
Part I: Funerale
Part II: Burden Of Guilt (The Branding)
Part III: The Journey
13. Continuum
14. Grace (bonus track)

Tommy first appeared as one of the guest singers on KAMELOT's very successful 2011 Pandemonium World Tour.

KAMELOT's "Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife)" video can be seen below. The clip was filmed in Belgrade, Serbia with director Ivan Colic, who has previously worked with MOONSPELL, SOILWORK, HAMMERFALL, TYPE O NEGATIVE and SYMPHONY X, among others. The video features guest appearances by Elize Ryd (AMARANTHE) and Alissa White-Gluz (THE AGONIST). Alissa's cameo was shot by Von Wong Photography at Studio Newreel in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

In a recent interview with the Kamelot France web site, KAMELOT guitarist Thomas Youngblood stated about "Sacrimony", "We have a lot of strong songs on the album, but this one was the first one that we wanted to play [during this summer's European tour]. Ironically, it was one the last song we wrote the music for. I remember sitting with [KAMELOT keyboardist] Oliver [Palotai] in Stuttgart and I had to leave the next day for Florida. I said, 'Let's make one more song, something fast and uptempo.' That was the genesis for 'Sacrimony'. Later, [new KAMELOT singer] Tommy [Karevik] laid down a killer vocal melody and it was pretty much like on the demo. Later, we invited Elize Ryd [KAMELOT touring backing vocalist] to sing on that song."

KAMELOT recently supported Finnish/Dutch symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH on their North American tour.

"Silverthorn" limited edition unboxing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hBMVROGc88

"Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife)" video:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:51 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"Silverthorn", the new album from American/German/Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT, sold 5,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 79 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Poetry For The Poisoned", opened with around 6,100 units in September 2010 to enter the chart at No. 74.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:13 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"Silverthorn", the new album from American/German/Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT, has registered the following first-week chart positions:

Norway: #17
Sweden: #20
Finland: #28
Germany: #36
Netherlands: #54
Switzerland: #55
Austria: #70
USA: #79
Canada: #86
Spain: #89
France: #89
UK: #168

"Silverthorn" sold 5,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The band's previous CD, "Poetry For The Poisoned", opened with around 6,100 units in September 2010 to enter the chart at No. 74.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:21 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
American/German/Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT will release a new digital single tomorrow (Friday, February 8). Acording to a press release, "Falling Like The Fahrenheit" "combines everything what the band stands for: melody, epic and melancholy atmospheres, and the unique voice of the new singer Tommy Karevik."

The "Falling Like The Fahrenheit" single will feature a special radio edit of the title track as well as the full album version.

"Falling Like The Fahrenheit" comes off KAMELOT's new album, "Silverthorn", which sold 5,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 79 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Poetry For The Poisoned", opened with around 6,100 units in September 2010 to enter the chart at No. 74.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:00 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Kamelot Chile recently conducted an interview with new KAMELOT singer Tommy Karevik. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Kamelot Chile: How did you feel when you first found out you were selected to be the new KAMELOT singer? Nervous? Anxious? Happy?

Tommy: All of those feelings were there to some extent. I was very honored and happy to be trusted with such an important task, but at the same time, I, of course, knew that it was going to be hard work winning over the hearts of the fans, so to speak. As soon as I stepped out on stage for the very first show with the band and met the audience for the first time, all my fears that I had where suddenly gone and I couldn't help but smile the whole show through.

Kamelot Chile: How do you feel that KAMELOT fans have received you in this months touring?

Tommy: It has been nothing short of amazing! I never thought that so many people would accept me as fast as they did and I am truly happy and thankful for this. All the shows have been great in terms of crowd response and we have had an awesome time together on stage. On more than a couple of occasions, I have been very moved by the overwhelming support from the fans. Thank you all for that!

Kamelot Chile: What can you tell us about the experience to be with KAMELOT as a "team" until now?

Tommy: It has been a roller coaster ride from the very first day… in a good way! I already got to know the guys while touring with them in 2011, so the hardest part was already over when I accepted. We started working on the album right away and apart from sending files over the Internet I spent a lot of time in Germany together with [producer] Sascha Paeth. It was a lot of hard work to get the album done in time, especially with the concept and all, but the team spirit and the great cooperation led to a fantastic result. From that point we pretty much played 70 shows as a unit. I really learned a lot and met some fantastic people doing it. Now I am just looking forward to get out and play songs from "Silverthorn" to the world!

Kamelot Chile: How do you perceive "Silverthorn" has been received by the fans?

Tommy: It seems that people like it as a whole as well as the separate songs on it. I have heard many people say that they like the fact that we brought the melodies and choruses back again, which I also personally think is a good thing. "Sacrimony" was the first song we played live and that was even before the album was released, and the reaction was fantastic and that is a rare phenomenon! After a while, when the video was released, everyone knew the lyrics and that song was basically one of the highlights of the live set on the U.S. tour. A week before the European tour, the album was out in the stores and we played a couple of more new songs during the shows. All the new songs that we played worked really well and by the sound of it the crowd approved of our choices.

Kamelot Chile: How do you feel about knowing that "Song For Jolee" is one of the favorite songs in "Silverthorn" considering you were so involved in it?

Tommy: That was the first song I wrote melodies and lyrics for, and in the end it was that performance on that song that landed me the singer position. For me, it's a truly emotional song where I get to express myself fully vocally. I always aim to reach out to the heart and soul of whoever is listening and make that person feel what I felt when I was singing it. If you say that I succeeded in doing just that, then I am a happy man.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:52 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Kamelot coming to North America:

American/German/Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT will embark on a North American headling tour this fall. Support on the trek will come from DELAIN and EKLIPSE.

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 02 - Columbus, OH @ Al Rosa Villa
Sep. 03 - Baltimore, MD 2 Soundstage
Sep. 05 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Sep. 06 - New York, NY @ Stage 48
Sep. 07 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium
Sep. 08 - Montreal, QUE @ Club Soda
Sep. 10 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Sep. 12 - Chicago, IL @ Mojoe's
Sep. 13 - Kansas City, KS @ Granada Theater
Sep. 14 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
Sep. 15 - Salt Lake City, UT @ In the Venue
Sep. 17 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Sep. 18 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
Sep. 20 - San Francisco, CA @ Slims
Sep. 21 - Anaheim, CA @ The Grove
Sep. 22 - Phoenix, AZ @ Joe's Grotto
Sep. 24 - Dallas, TX @ Trees
Sep. 25 - San Antonio, TX @ Backstage Live
Sep. 27 - Louisville, KY @ Diamonds
Sep. 28 - Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
Sep. 29 - Orlando, FL @ House of Blues

Tickets for all shows are now available at EnterTheVault.com.

“We are really looking forward to getting back on the road for our headline shows in the U.S. and Canada, along with great support acts DELAIN and EKLIPSE. This tour will be something very special," says KAMELOT's Thomas Youngblood.

Said DELAIN's Charlotte Wessels: "It has been way too long since our last tour with our friends in KAMELOT! We're hugely looking forward to joining them on tour this fall, and we're hugely looking forward to meeting YOU on the road rocking the U.S.!"

In addition to DELAIN comes the German quartet EKLIPSE, whose unique style and musical approach rounds out a very diverse lineup.

For fans hoping to get a little more involved, the band will be offering up VIP packages at several of the tour stops. The VIP experience includes early entry to the show, a meet-and-greet with the band and an autographed commemorative poster.

KAMELOT's new album, "Silverthorn", which sold 5,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 79 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Poetry For The Poisoned", opened with around 6,100 units in September 2010 to enter the chart at No. 74.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8