Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: Nine Inch Nails news
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
According to Spinner.com, NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor married his fiancée, former WEST INDIAN GIRL singer Mariqueen Maandig, in a ceremony held this past Saturday, October 17.

Reznor's NIN bandmate Danny Lohner broke the news cryptically to fans via Twitter over the weekend, writing "Goths the world over will mourn this day — off to a wedding." Lohner also tweeted a picture of Reznor and Maandig dancing together with the caption "Congrats!"

The couple reportedly hired photographer Robert Evans, the man who lensed the nuptials of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, although a formal statement from Reznor has yet to surface.

Maandig and Reznor kept their relationship under wraps until April, when they were engaged. Maandig quit her band in August, with Reznor retiring his NINE INCH NAILS outfit in September.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:03 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
On September 10, 2009, NINE INCH NAILS closed its "Wave Goodbye Tour" with what has been touted as the band's final live performance — a blistering three-and-a-half-hour, 37-song set featuring a host of collaborations (Dave Navarro, Gary Numan, THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, Mike Garson) and rarely performed songs.

"NIN: [after all is said and done]" is the farewell gesture from the fans' perspective. Shot exclusively in 1080p High Definition and mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound, the film documents in full the raw energy of the final show of arguably the most influential and groundbreaking musician of our time.

Both audio and video footage was recorded by fans. Over 1TB (dozens of hours' worth) of footage has been collected from 26 unique sources worldwide. The production team, also comprised entirely of fans, has embarked on a mission to create a professional souvenir of the concert for their peers — fans who attended the show, and who wish to experience it for the first time.

The team (dubbed A Tiny Little Dot) includes over 15 professional editors, audio engineers, color correctors, web designers, Blu-ray authors, content creators, artists, and technical consultants, all of whom have volunteered their valuable time and services to this huge undertaking for free, and all of whom are avid NIN fans.

"NIN: [after all is said and done]" has been described as a "labor of love" and will be offered to the public on a not-for-profit basis. The end product will be available in a variety of formats, with packages ranging from free high-quality downloads disseminated online to professionally printed and packaged deluxe multi-disc Blu-ray and DVD sets, in keeping with the style of recent NINE INCH NAILS releases. The 1080p content will be accompanied by an array of bonus content, and several as-yet unannounced features.

To learn more about the project and its team, visit www.atinylittledot.com

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:08 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
SOLD!!!

:BB Starfuckers Inc.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor and his wife Mariqueen Maandig (ex-WEST INDIAN GIRL) have reportedly teamed up in a brand new project called HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS. Details are scarce at the moment but it appears that the group will release a self-titled six-song EP this summer.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:13 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Well, that didn't take long... :?

:BB The Ballad Of John And Yoko as performed by Blackmore's Night

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:26 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse of Radio, Trent Reznor says that NINE INCH NAILS is "not dead" even though he is focusing for the moment on HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, the new act he has assembled with his wife, singer Mariqueen Maandig, and frequent collaborator Atticus Ross. Reznor answered selected fan questions at the HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS page on Facebook, saying about NINE INCH NAILS, "I am about to work on some material that I believe will be quite different than previous NIN very soon."

He added that HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS "frees me from some of the constraints I've begun to feel (primarily emotionally) in NIN," revealing that the band's upcoming six-song EP will come out in both digital and physical form this summer.

The first song released by the band, "A Drowning", is only available digitally.

A full-length ANGELS album will come out early next year, with some possible touring to support it.

Reznor retired NINE INCH NAILS as a live act last fall, although he said at the time he still intended to make music under that name.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:24 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
The first song released by the band, "A Drowning", is only available digitally.

He's already starting off on the wrong foot with me there... :tdown

:BB "Further Down The Spiral"

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to the Los Angeles Times, Trent Reznor has revealed that the long-rumored television series of NINE INCH NAILS' "Year Zero" album is slowly making progress. Reznor told the paper, "We are in pre-production with HBO and BBC America to do a miniseries. It's exciting. I probably shouldn't say too much about it except that I understand that there's a thousand hurdles before anything shows up in your TV listing. It's been an interesting and very educational process and it cleared the HBO hurdle a few months ago and now we're writing drafts back and forth. So it's very much alive and incubating at the moment."

Reznor is working with the team of Lawrence Bender, best known for producing Quentin Tarantino films such as "Pulp Fiction", "Inglourious Basterds" and "Reservoir Dogs" as well as the documentaries "An Inconvenient Truth" and "Countdown to Zero", and Kevin Kelly Brown, who was executive producer on "Roswell".

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:47 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
In an new interview with RollingStone.com, Trent Reznor was asked about the likelihood of new NINE INCH NAILS music. "All signs point to yes," he said. Pressed further, he added, "Yeah, there will be new music. There are some things in the works."

Those "things" could also include live performing again. "Yeah, if it feels right, it's a possibility," he said. "I never said that that wasn't going to happen, just that it couldn't go on as it was. Having a few years doing other things, I've enjoyed [them] and I'm enjoying doing HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, and there will be a place for stuff that falls in the NINE INCH NAILS column of things. It's a different kind of work.

"Stay tuned," he added. "We'll see what happens here."

In early 2009, Reznor announced that NINE INCH NAILS was embarking on a 20th-anniversary farewell tour, after which he stayed busy recording with HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, writing music for "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2" and scoring "The Social Network" and "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" with composer Atticus Ross.

HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS is the project featuring Reznor and his wife Mariqueen Maandig (ex-WEST INDIAN GIRL) along with Ross and NIN's longtime graphic designer Rob Sheridan.

HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS' second EP, "An Omen EP", will be made available on November 13 and will contain six songs, some of which will also appear on the band's upcoming LP, to be issued early next year via Columbia Records.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:37 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Reznor is the reigning king of the side project, especially when it comes to production.

I'd like to see new music... but I won't hold my breath either.

:BB The Beginning Of The End

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
A brand new lineup of NINE INCH NAILS will will embark on an extensive U.S. tour this summer. Joining the band's mainman Trent Reznor in the group's latest incarnation will be Eric Avery (JANE'S ADDICTION), Adrian Belew (KING CRIMSON), and Josh Eustis (TELEFON TEL AVIV), along with previous NIN collaborators Alessandro Cortini and Ilan Rubin.

Commented Reznor: "I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what NINE INCH NAILS could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked — which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.

"The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014."

In early 2009, Reznor announced that NINE INCH NAILS was embarking on a 20th-anniversary farewell tour, after which he stayed busy recording with HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS, writing music for "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2" and scoring "The Social Network" and "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" with composer Atticus Ross.

HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS is the project featuring Reznor and his wife Mariqueen Maandig (ex-WEST INDIAN GIRL) along with Ross and NIN's longtime graphic designer Rob Sheridan.

HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS' first full-length album, "Welcome Oblivion", arrives March 5 and will be supported with a brief U.S. tour.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:35 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Adrian Belew is a phenomenal guitarist, so this sort of collaboration should be pretty interesting. I have a couple of his solo CDs, which are pretty jazzy... and his work with King Crimson is pretty experimental, to say the least. He's a guitarist after my own heart... He just loves tinkering with effects onstage and really gets some ungodly, obscene noises from his guitar. :P

I'll definitely be curious to hear what this sounds like.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:17 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Bassist Eric Avery (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION) has left the new touring lineup of Trent Reznor ‘s NINE INCH NAILS.

In a statement, Avery explains: "It's with very mixed emotions I tell you all that I'm pulling out of NINE INCH NAILS.

"I know. It's been a tough call and I don't know if it's the right one. But I really want to focus on my musical life here in Los Angeles, on film work in particular. As the tour dates kept growing… I just got overwhelmed.

"I just got home from a year of heavy travel with GARBAGE, [and] the idea of leaving town for another year and a half, and with all the intensity that NAILS demands… Fortunately, my friend Trent understands all this and appreciated my pulling the plug now instead of deep into 2013 and 14.

"Go get 'em, gentlemen."

Avery reunited with JANE'S ADDICTION for the band's third go-round in 2008, only with the bassist on board for the first time since the group originally split in 1992. However, Avery left in late 2009 and Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) stepped in to play a few gigs and work on the band's new album.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:15 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Guitarist Adrian Belew has announced his departure from the new touring lineup of Trent Reznor's NINE INCH NAILS.

Belew wrote on Facebook: "Hey, folks, before this goes too far, let me say this: I greatly respect [NINE INCH NAILS mainman] Trent [Reznor] and the music he makes. No one is at fault. We both agreed it just was not working. I'm sorry to disappoint anyone. That really hurts. But NIN will do an amazing show and I am back where I belong: creating FLUX."

Bassist Eric Avery quit NINE INCH NAILS last month, writing on Facebook that he was "overwhelmed" at the thought of going out again with NIN after spending the last year on tour with GARBAGE.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:07 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Guitarist Adrian Belew has announced his departure from the new touring lineup of Trent Reznor's NINE INCH NAILS.

No surprise, really. Adrian Belew fits with NIN about as much as Flea would wearing that gym sock on his dick and performing with Mormon Tabernacle Choir. :lol:

I saw him with the Crimson Projekt when they opened for Dream Theater last year. That's far more his element. Experimental jazz/fusion. Fantastic guitarist.

Incidentally, the Reznorator has a new album coming out on Sept. 3rd: "Hesitation Marks"...

:BB Closer

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top