Login |  Register

Post subject: Pearl Jam news
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:07 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
The Pulse of Radio reports: PEARL JAM has unveiled the details of a 10-date summer tour that will begin on June 11 in West Palm Beach, Florida, according to Billboard.com. The dates are scheduled around the group's mid-June appearance at the Bonnaroo Festival in Manchester, Tennessee and will be the band's first live shows since playing just two concerts in 2007. KINGS OF LEON will support the group from June 11 through June 17, with TED LEO AND THE PHARMACISTS doing the honors on the rest of the gigs.

Bassist Jeff Ament told Billboard.com that he's looking forward to the band's first Bonnaroo appearance, where they'll be playing with METALLICA. Ament said, "The thing that's probably the most exciting to me is that we've been a band for 17 or 18 years and there's still things like this that we haven't done."

PEARL JAM recently got together for a week to begin putting together ideas for their next album, although Ament warned, "It doesn't mean there'll be a record our next month, but it's the start of the process. Sometimes it takes six months and sometimes it takes two years."

Singer Eddie Vedder will start his first-ever solo tour on April 2 in Vancouver, Canada.

Confirmed PEARL JAM tour dates:

June 11 - West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
June 12 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
June 13-15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival
June 16 - Columbia, SC - Colonial Center
June 17 - Virginia Beach, VA - Verizon Wireless Center
June 19 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
June 22 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
June 24 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
June 25 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
June 27 - Hartford, CT - Dodge Music Center
June 30 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center

Profile  Offline
 Post subject: yeah just bloody lovely
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:17 pm 
no fucking where near my end of the pool. They better start adding some shows to make up for the lack of doing nothing in 2007 and picking their asses.

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:56 pm 
Heavy Metal Honey
They're not evening playing at home :( I too hope they add more dates...

Profile  Offline
 Post subject: Well Vedder
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:47 am 
did on his solo tour at the beginning of April. Again too far from my end of the friggen pool.

Sincerely,

No where man.

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:16 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The Pulse of Radio reports that PEARL JAM recently started recording a new album, which could come out as early as this year. According to Billboard.com, the band is currently laying down four or five songs for its ninth studio set. The guys are teaming up with longtime producer Brendan O'Brien for the first time since 1998. O'Brien is known for taking a short amount of time in the studio.

The upcoming album comes on the heels of PEARL JAM's 2006 self-titled release.

O'Brien has also produced PEARL JAM's "Vs.", "Vitalogy" and "No Code". He linked with PEARL JAM last year to record a cover of THE WHO's "Love Reign O'er Me" for the soundtrack to "Reign Over Me", starring Adam Sandler.

PEARL JAM will kick off a 13-date East Coast tour on June 11, which will include a stop at this year's Bonnaroo Festival in Manchester, Tennessee.

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:20 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
VH1 has just confirmed that critically acclaimed, multi-platinum rock bands PEARL JAM and FOO FIGHTERS along with the Grammy Award-winning rock band THE FLAMING LIPS will perform at the network's third annual "VH1 Rock Honors" celebration honoring legendary rock band THE WHO.

This year's event will deliver a night of high-voltage tribute performances by the three bands all leading up to the spectacular grand finale performance by THE WHO as they rock the stage. Additional performers, presenters and special guests will be announced as they are confirmed. As a result of THE WHO's revolutionary and era-defining influence on rock music, this will be the first "VH1 Rock Honors" that salutes just one band.

Taping in Los Angeles at the Pauley Pavilion on the campus of UCLA on July 12, "VH1 Rock Honors: The Who" will premiere on Thursday, July 17 at 9:00 p.m. on VH1, VH1 Classic and MHD. VH1.com will also offer select performances from the show leading up to and following the on-air premiere at Rock.VH1.com. THE WHO's monumental legacy will be celebrated with a two-hour tribute that will salute the music and the lasting impact of this groundbreaking band. The influence of THE WHO will be felt through spoken tributes, filmed packages and performances by some of today's premiere rock acts as well as the legends themselves.

On Friday, June 6, tickets will go on sale to Wholigans, members of THE WHO fan club. The general public on sale will be on Sunday, June 8. All tickets will be sold via Ticketmaster. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the efforts of multiple charities, including The Teenage Cancer Trust, the Double O Charity, VH1 Save The Music Foundation and select VH1 Classic Rock Autism organizations.

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:15 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Jonathan Cohen of Billboard.com reports: PEARL JAM has struck a deal with Verizon Wireless' V Cast service to sell select tracks from the authorized live bootlegs that will be available in conjunction with the band's upcoming summer tour. The trek begins tomorrow (June 11) in West Palm Beach, Fla.

This extension of PEARL JAM's long-running live bootleg program will result in three tracks from each show (excluding Bonnaroo) immediately being available via V Cast and PearlJamConcerts.com: one as a free mobile download, and two others for purchase.

Read the entire article from Billboard.com

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:23 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Jonathan Cohen of Billboard.com reports: PEARL JAM gave a nod to its classic rock influences last night (June 25) in New York, drafting KISS guitarist Ace Frehley and RAMONES bassist C.J. Ramone for guest appearances during the second of a two-night stand at Madison Square Garden.

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:04 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The Pulse of Radio reports: PEARL JAM bassist Jeff Ament will release his first solo album, titled "Tone", on September 16, according to Billboard.com. The disc will be issued through the band's Ten Club fan organization as well as selected independent retailers in the U.S. It will be available only on CD, in a limited edition of 3,000 copies. Ament said he has been compiling songs for 10 years without offering them to PEARL JAM, and finally decided to bring some of them to light. He explained, "It just got to a point where I had to clean off the shelf a little bit. I broke this group of 35 songs into three groups and decided to finish one of them."

Ament plays everything on the record, with the exception of six tracks on which drums are handled by Richard Stuverud. KING'S X frontman Doug Pinnick does a guest lead vocal on a track called "Doubting Thomasina".

Another song, called "The Forest", was actually recorded by PEARL JAM at one point, but singer Eddie Vedder never completed vocals for it.

Ament has not ruled out some solo live dates, but added that PEARL JAM will get together this fall to continue working on its ninth studio album. Ament said, "We have five or six almost finished instrumental beds, and maybe 15 other things from which we could definitely get three or four songs out of. Hopefully sometime this winter we will knock a record out."

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:16 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The Pulse of Radio reports that PEARL JAM will reissue its classic 1991 debut album, "Ten", on March 24, in a deluxe edition that will be available in four different versions. Each version will include a remastered version of the original album along with a completely new remix of the set by longtime PEARL JAM producer Brendan O'Brien. Bassist Jeff Ament also supervised a revamped version of the album artwork. The remixed version of the CD contains six previously unreleased songs from the same period, including early versions of "Breath" and "State of Love and Trust", a vocal version of "Brother", plus "Just a Girl", "Evil Little Goat" and "2,000 Mile Blues".

The "Legacy" edition of the package will contain a DVD of PEARL JAM's 1992 performance on MTV's "Unplugged", which has never before been released, while a vinyl version of the release will feature the original album on one platter and O'Brien's remix on the other.

The "Super Deluxe Edition" will feature two CDs, a DVD and four vinyl records. The two additional vinyl discs will contain a September 20, 1992, concert at Magnuson Park in Seattle. But the most startling addition to this edition is a duplicate copy of the original 1990 PEARL JAM demo, in which Ament and guitarist Stone Gossard recorded three instrumental tracks and sent them to a then-unknown Eddie Vedder to record vocals over. Those songs became PEARL JAM staples "Once", "Alive" and "Footsteps".

Although poor bootlegs of the demo have circulated for years, the version contained in this edition will have clear sound and appear as a replica of the original cassette.

The "Super Deluxe Edition" will come in a linen-covered clamshell case and will also contain an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from Vedder and Ament's collections, a vellum envelope with replicated ephemera from PEARL JAM's early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Seattle concert.

The reissue of "Ten" is the first of a series of events that will lead up to PEARL JAM's 20th anniversary in 2011, with more to be announced.

The band is currently recording its ninth studio album and first with O'Brien behind the mixing board since 1998's "Yield".

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:11 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Legacy Edition it is then... :wink:

:BB Black

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:22 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:

Why stop there? :lol:

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:01 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

Because I will be damned if I ever buy another piece of vinyl again.

I tried to stick to vinyl for years... until it literally became impossible for me to find new releases on anything other than CD & cassette.

Then, like the idiot, I switched to cassette. :headsmack:

I never actually bought a CD until around 2000, when it became impossible to find new releases on cassette.

Now, I will stick with CD until they stop selling them. Then, I'll most likely stick with digital d/ls... :?

:BB Won't Get Fooled Again

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:26 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

I tried to stick to vinyl for years... until it literally became impossible for me to find new releases on anything other than CD & cassette.

I never actually bought a CD until around 2000, when it became impossible to find new releases on cassette.

Now, I will stick with CD until they stop selling them. Then, I'll most likely stick with digital d/ls... :?

Then they will do away with that and just implant them into your brain. Complete with commercials, I'm sure. :(

Profile  Offline
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:29 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

Then they will do away with that and just implant them into your brain. Complete with commercials, I'm sure. :(

That's OK. I don't listen to half the crap going on in my head anyway... so the commercials will easily be skipped over. :P

:BB Steve

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top