Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: Pearl Jam news
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:12 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
PEARL JAM reportedly told a crowd at a music festival in Portugal over the weekend that the band has played its "last gig" for a long time, according to NME.com. During the Optimus Alive! 10 event in Lisbon on Sunday night (July 11), singer Eddie Vedder read a few words off a sheet of paper in Portuguese in which he said, "Thank you for coming to our last show. Not our last ever, but our last in a long time."

The band played the rest of its 24-song set without Vedder saying anything further about the hiatus.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:15 pm 
Matt Cameron has to be free'd up for the upcoming new Soundgarden cd and tour so all is good Eddie. :B

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:57 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
I'd rather see Soundgarden, to be honest... but still sad to see such a long-standing band go on hiatus.

:BB Black

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:50 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse of Radio, PEARL JAM guitarist Stone Gossard confirmed to Billboard.com that the band will appear at Neil Young's annual Bridge School Benefit concert on October 23 and October 24 in Mountain View, California. The gig will also serve as an unofficial 20th anniversary show for PEARL JAM. Gossard said, "The only thing we've got going on in October is Bridge School, which is really special. So that's our 20th anniversary, which is fitting. It's perfect: not too blown up. It's not about us, it about all those kids that are on stage with you and about Neil Young and his commitment, his influence."

Gossard told The Pulse of Radio a while back that nearly two decades into its career, PEARL JAM was in a good place. "This is a good time for us, for sure," he said. "We're all happy to be alive, happy to have our friendships and our sort of brotherhood intact and that we're still sort of bosses of our own business, and we get to make records together and go out and tour and write songs and . . . I don't know, it feels like we're really in a nice spot right now, and life's good."

No acts have been officially announced yet for the benefit. The event raises money for the Bridge School, which assists children with severe physical impairments.

Other acts rumored to perform this year include NICKELBACK, ALICE IN CHAINS and ELTON JOHN.

PEARL JAM's appearance will be their first at the event in four years and eighth overall, going back to 1992.

Gossard is also pleased to see PEARL JAM drummer Matt Cameron doing shows with his reunited former band, SOUNDGARDEN, saying, "I'm looking forward to seeing some more SOUNDGARDEN shows. I hope that that's part of the mix of next year. Matt getting out there and playing some dates with SOUNDGARDEN would make the world so happy. They're crushing and the songs are so great."

Gossard himself is on the road with his other band, BRAD, which just released its fourth album, "Best Friends?"

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:32 pm 
Thanks Stone for letting us know Soundgarden will be touring in the near future.

Signed,

UnSAD

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:01 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Me likey... :twisted:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse of Radio, PEARL JAM is the subject of the latest entry in the "Lullaby Renditions" series of albums from Rockabye Baby. Due out on October 26, "Lullaby Renditions of Pearl Jam" features new versions of 13 tracks from the Seattle band, with guitars, bass and drums largely replaced by instruments like a glockenspiel, vibraphone, Mellotron, harps and bells. Rockabye Baby music coordinator Leo Flynn said in a statement that PEARL JAM is "able to bridge styles as diverse as hard rock, punk, folk, even funk. For the Rockabye team, transforming so many different styles into a soothing, lullaby sound was a real challenge but a lot of fun!"

The "Lullaby Renditions" series has won awards, critical acclaim and approval from parenting organizations over the last four years.

Other acts that have gotten the baby-friendly Rockabye Baby treatment include THE BEATLES, QUEEN, KANYE WEST, U2, GUNS N' ROSES, LED ZEPPELIN, COLDPLAY, NIRVANA, PINK FLOYD, GREEN DAY, METALLICA, RADIOHEAD, AC/DC and more.

PEARL JAM will celebrate its 20th anniversary with an appearance at Neil Young's annual Bridge School Benefit concert on October 23 and October 24 in Mountain View, California.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:31 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse Of Radio, PEARL JAM guitarist Mike McCready opened up in an interview with Fox News about his 25-year struggle with Crohn's disease, an autoimmune disorder that causes periodic inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract and symptoms such as severe abdominal pain or sudden diarrhea. McCready revealed "[It first started] when I was 21 years old. At first I thought it was food poisoning, but then there was a bunch of blood and mucus — and it kept happening for months."

McCready didn't know that he had Crohn's for some time, although he knew something was wrong that caused him pain and embarrassment. He explained, "There's a level of anxiety and depression with that, along with shame, anger and fear. Sometimes you might [just go], and you can't do anything about it, because it's completely painful, and you have to go in two to three seconds . . . it can be quite damaging in terms of going out in public or going on a date."

McCready admitted that he's had "big accidents" onstage with PEARL JAM in the past due to the disease. But he also credits his bandmates with helping through his struggles with Crohn's as well as drug addiction: "The band has stuck by me in those situations a hundred times. Stone [Gossard, guitarist] specifically has definitely kind of got me...I'm glad that I'm still in the band, I'm glad that I'm still alive in all these kind of situations, and Stone has been integral in keeping me in this thing, and as I think everybody else has been that way too, so I feel very positive to be in it. It is a close, cohesive unit when it comes to that."

McCready helped score a victory for Crohn's sufferers in 2009, when thanks to efforts by him and others, Washington state governor Chris Gregoir signed a bill into law mandating that businesses without public lavatories have to let people with inflammatory bowel ailments use their employee restrooms in an emergency.

The guitarist lobbied state legislators for passage of the bill, saying that many business owners were not sensitive to the plight of people with Crohn's or similar diseases and refused them access to private bathrooms.

McCready also regularly raises money and performs benefits for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.

Good for him for making a successful career in spite of having the disease. Crohn's is horrible.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:51 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Yep. It's tough to have any semblance of a normal life with Crohn's... much less on a stage with thousands of people watching.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Billboard.com, PEARL JAM guitarist Mike McCready (pictured below) has joined forces up with ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan, and ex-SCREAMING TREES drummer Barrett Martin in a brand new side-project.

"Duff and Barrett and I got together. We wrote some new stuff and we took some of those old MAD SEASON demos from that [unreleased] second 'Disinformation' record, so we are trying to find something to do with those," McCready says. "We're talking to Jaz from KILLING JOKE and I've been trying to find some singers to work on some of that stuff."

McCready hopes to release songs by the as-yet-untitled group with McKagan and Martin on his own new label, Hockeytalkter Records.

"I have a little record company called Hockeytalkter Records — it's what my three year old son calls a helicopter. I would like to put some of this stuff out on 45. If that happens, it'll be great."

McCready previously contributed to a pair of tunes to the self-titled 2012 album from McKagan and Martin's other band, WALKING PAPERS.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top