Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Smashing Pumpkins news
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:52 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS mainman Billy Corgan performed an eight-song acoustic set during an appearance this past Thursday (September 30) at a bookstore in Paris, France to promote a book he co-wrote with the French writer Claire Fercak. Among the tracks he played was a brand new song called "Jesus Needs A Hit", which he performed for the first time ever at this event.

Video footage of the "Jesus Needs A Hit" performance can be viewed below.

I want to crack his head like a melon! I still don't know why.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
I want to crack his head like a melon! I still don't know why.

Because it's overripe?

Ironic that he's been reduced to playing bookstores sitting on a stool. Next stop: Starschmucks. :lol:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:08 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Spinner.com wrote:
Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan Founds Pro Wrestling Organization
Posted on Oct 14th 2011 5:14PM by Theo Spielberg

During a recent tour of Chicago morning news shows, Billy Corgan dropped an awesome, awesome bomb: He is getting involved in professional wrestling. While the Smashing Pumpkins frontman has always been an avid fan of wrestling, he has finally decided to take the leap and start his own professional wrestling company, Resistance Pro Wrestling.

"I've been involved sort of behind the scenes with pro wrestling for about a decade and made a lot of friends in the business," he said in an interview with Fox News Chicago. "It's a very insular business and it's a long story, but I essentially got involved with some brothers who had a wrestling promotion. We decided to form our own promotion and we're going to try to bring back to the glory days."

Corgan will play the role of creative director and will be in charge of the storylines. He hopes to take wrestling back to a more plot-driven basis, while also trying to raise awareness about concussions and health issues. The first event will be on Nov. 25 at Chicago's Excalibur Club where he will attempt to bring some old school wrestling back to the fans.

Source

Well, I guess it can get worse for old Pumpkinhead. :?

:lmfao:

:BB Geek U.S.A.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:19 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
I never in a million years would have predicted that. :shock:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:49 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse Of Radio, SMASHING PUMPKINS frontman Billy Corgan blasted the current state of the music industry and alternative rock on Monday (March 12) in an interview conducted by author Brian Solis at the South By Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. Corgan joked that even artists with real talent would have to set themselves "on fire on YouTube" to attract attention nowadays, before he took a poke at the mentality he said was pervading the music business. Corgan explained, "[Artists that break through now] have grown up thinking that being famous is the goal. Not to be respected. Not to be dangerous." But, he warned, "[Once you make that deal] you're just the fresh stripper."
He later reiterated that musicians and technology are both driving young artists to achieve fame instead of artistry, saying, "Don't call it rock and roll. I was part of a generation that changed the world — and it was taken over by poseurs."

Corgan admitted to going through many of the same problems when his band was coming up, saying, "I knew I was being exploited."

The PUMPKINS are still at work on their massive, 44-song epic "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope", but will release 11 or so of the tracks as an album called "Oceania" in June.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:16 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Corgan admitted to going through many of the same problems when his band was coming up, saying, "I knew I was being exploited."

So, apparently Mr. Corgan believes that he's somehow better than the current crop of music industry flunkies simply because he knew what was happening when it was happening?

Personally, I think that makes him the worst kind of hypocritical flunkie... which is a real sin because he does have some real talent.

:BB Zero

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
EMI Label Services/Caroline distribution has announced that it has entered into an exclusive agreement with Martha's Music to release the highly anticipated album from THE SMASHING PUMPKINS entitled "Oceania" on June 19. The agreement covers the world excluding Canada, Brazil and Australia.

Produced by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS' frontman Billy Corgan, "Oceania" is an intense and dynamic offering that will appeal to new and existing fans of THE SMASHING PUMPKINS alike. "Oceania", the band's seventh studio record, is “an album within an album,” part of their 44-song work-in-progress "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope".

Peter Katsis, manager of SMASHING PUMPKINS for Prospect Park, stated: "THE SMASHING PUMPKINS created 'Oceania' as an album experience, and it is intended for the process of the release to follow a path of inclusion, so that best efforts are made for all the fans hear it at the same time as press or radio. We were excited to find partners in EMI Label Services that were equally passionate about the plan for the album release as well as being huge fans of the PUMPKINS."

EMI's relationship with THE SMASHING PUMPKINS dates back more than 20 years, to the release of "Gish" in 1991. That album was reissued this past November along with 1993's "Siamese Dream".

Said Mike Harris, EVP/GM EMI Label Services/Caroline distribution: "We are thrilled to extend the long-term partnership between THE SMASHING PUMPKINS and EMI with the release of 'Oceania'. Everybody at EMI Label Services is looking forward to working closely with Billy and the band to help them deliver their vision and their music to fans around the world."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
THE SMASHING PUMPKINS will release their new album, "Oceania", on June 19 via EMI Label Services/Caroline distribution.

Produced by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS' frontman Billy Corgan, "Oceania" is an intense and dynamic offering that will appeal to new and existing fans of THE SMASHING PUMPKINS alike. "Oceania", the band's seventh studio record, is “an album within an album,” part of their 44-song work-in-progress "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope".

Peter Katsis, manager of SMASHING PUMPKINS for Prospect Park, stated: "THE SMASHING PUMPKINS created 'Oceania' as an album experience, and it is intended for the process of the release to follow a path of inclusion, so that best efforts are made for all the fans hear it at the same time as press or radio. We were excited to find partners in EMI Label Services that were equally passionate about the plan for the album release as well as being huge fans of the PUMPKINS."

EMI's relationship with THE SMASHING PUMPKINS dates back more than 20 years, to the release of "Gish" in 1991. That album was reissued this past November along with 1993's "Siamese Dream".

Said Mike Harris, EVP/GM EMI Label Services/Caroline distribution: "We are thrilled to extend the long-term partnership between THE SMASHING PUMPKINS and EMI with the release of 'Oceania'. Everybody at EMI Label Services is looking forward to working closely with Billy and the band to help them deliver their vision and their music to fans around the world."

"Oceania" track listing:

01. Quasar
02. Panopticon
03. The Celestials
04. Violet Rays
05. My Love Is Winter
06. One Diamond, One Heart
07. Pinwheels
08. Oceania
09. Pale Horse
10. The Chimera
11. Glissandra
12. Inkless
13. Wildflower

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse Of Radio, SMASHING PUMPKINS frontman Billy Corgan has blasted RADIOHEAD in a new interview with NME, saying that the British band is part of a current cultural view of rock music that he can't stand. Corgan explained, "I can't think of any people outside of Weird Al Yankovic who have both embraced and pissed on rock more than I have . . . there's a level of reverence, but there's also a level of intelligence to even know what to piss on." He added, "Because I'm not pissing on RAINBOW. I'm not pissing on DEEP PURPLE. But I'll piss on fucking RADIOHEAD, because of all this pomposity. This value system that says (RADIOHEAD guitarist) Jonny Greenwood is more valuable than (PURPLE guitarist) Ritchie Blackmore. Not in the world I grew up in."

Corgan added, "Is Ritchie Blackmore a better guitar player than me and Jonny Greenwood? Yes. Have we all made contributions? Yes. I'm not attacking that. I'm attacking the pomposity that says this is more valuable than that. I'm sick of that. I'm so fucking sick of it, and nobody seems to tire of it."

The PUMPKINS founder and sole original member also blasts the political and social impact of rock music in the interview, saying, "The world has never been more dangerous than it is right now, and we have a limp, impotent artistic response to the situation," adding that he should be "celebrated as a radical."

Corgan and the current version of the PUMPKINS release a new studio album, "Oceania", next Tuesday (June 19).

The disc follows up 2007's "Zeitgeist", which was the first PUMPKINS album since the original band dissolved in 2000.

The PUMPKINS will play a private record release show in New York City on Tuesday, and plan to play the Oceania record in its entirety at that gig and other upcoming tour dates.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:33 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Meow.

:lol:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:54 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"Oceania", the first new album in five years from THE SMASHING PUMPKINS, sold 53,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 4 on The Billboard 200 chart.

Although the material on "Oceania" is part of the PUMPKINS' in-progress 44-song cycle, "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope", frontman Billy Corgan told The Pulse Of Radio why he decided to carve "Oceania" out as its own album. "We decided to release 'Oceania' as a standalone project because we'd been doing a song at a time as part of the 'Teargarden By Kaleidyscope' project, and we found that because of the voracious nature of the Internet, our songs were being swallowed up so fast that people didn't even know that they'd come out," he said. "So when we looked at it, we said, what can we do that will garner at least some length of attention? An album, of course, would do that, at least for that one hour hopefully."

"Oceania" follows up 2007's comeback album "Zeitgeist" and is the first PUMPKINS record to feature the current lineup of Mike Byrne on drums, Nicole Fiorentino on bass and Jeff Schroeder on guitar.

"Oceania" track listing:

01. Quasar
02. Panopticon
03. The Celestials
04. Violet Rays
05. My Love Is Winter
06. One Diamond, One Heart
07. Pinwheels
08. Oceania
09. Pale Horse
10. The Chimera
11. Glissandra
12. Inkless
13. Wildflower

Corgan recently blasted the members of the original PUMPKINS in an interview with NME, calling ex-drummer Jimmy Chamberlin "a fucking liar" and guitarist James Iha "one of the worst human beings I've ever met in my life."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:34 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Corgan recently blasted the members of the original PUMPKINS in an interview with NME, calling ex-drummer Jimmy Chamberlin "a fucking liar" and guitarist James Iha "one of the worst human beings I've ever met in my life."

Meow again... :lmao:

You know... if you're constantly surrounded by people you can't get along with, maybe the problem is you. Just sayin'.

The album did better than I expected it to... and without my help too. :wink:

:BB Zero

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to TMZ.com, SMASHING PUMPKINS frontman Billy Corgan is being sued by his his Beverly Hills neighbors, "Grey's Anatomy" star Eric Dane and his wife Rebecca Gayheart, over damage caused to their property by a falling tree.

In the lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Dane claims that the tree, which once stood on Corgan's property, smashed into his house during a major storm last year, setting off the sprinkler system and snapping the power lines. Dane's pregnant wife was forced to evacuate a "quickly flooding" home while dodging live high-voltage wires.

Dane's wife and daughter were able to escape without harm.

Dane claims that Corgan was warned that the tree posed a threat and is asking for unspecified damages for "nuisance, negligence, and injunctive relief."

Corgan insists the whole thing is a misunderstanding, telling TMZ.com that "I was horrified when I learned about the tree falling during what was a massive storm, a storm with winds strong enough to uproot a 50 foot tree by its base! Thankfully no one was injured.”

Corgan went on to call the lawsuit "a shame, because [Dane and Gayheart] are nice people."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:26 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
As part of the continuing series of reissues of THE SMASHING PUMPKINS' acclaimed catalog via Virgin/UMe, the iconic alternative band is set to release four separate versions, all fully remastered, of their platinum-selling 1996 box set "The Aeroplane Flies High": 6-CD +1 DVD; 5-LPs and Deluxe Digital and Standard Digital editions. The CD/DVD, 5-LP version and digital configurations will be released July 23.

The original "The Aeroplane Flies High" was a five-disc box set that featured expanded versions of singles from their acclaimed 1995 double album "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness", including "Bullet With Butterfly Wings", "1979", "Zero", "Tonight" and "Thirty-Three". "Mellon Collie" achieved Diamond certification by the RIAA for sales of 10,000,000 discs and digital equivalent per disc (5 million copies of the double album).

These new limited edition box sets of "The Aeroplane Flies High" feature the original 33-track version — remastered by Bob Ludwig — and expanded to 104 tracks (90 audio and 14 audio-visual) encompassing unreleased demos, alternative versions and live recordings. In addition to expanded versions of "Aeroplane"'s original 5 discs, a sixth disc contains live recordings from the 1996 "Mellon Collie" tour, while the DVD content is taken from a July 4, 1997 performance in Belfort, France. Included is a 46-page book with liner notes written by David Wild, plus extensive track-by-track notes by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS founder-singer-songwriter-guitarist Billy Corgan — for the original release's 33 tracks. The box set has unique packaging with embossed foil wrap & twinkle stock for jackets.

To view the full tracklisting of each box set and DVD, go here.
http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/albums/ ... h-reissue/

As David Wild writes, "'The Aeroplane Flies High' is a trip, and perhaps fittingly for Billy Corgan, it was an exciting, exhausting and scary one that reveals a lot about THE SMASHING PUMPKINS at this point in their musical journey."

Notes Corgan in the 46-page book: "What I like about 'The Aeroplane Flies High' is that it's almost the existential backwater of the 'Mellon Collie' album," Corgan says today. "Listening to the music gathered here is a little bit like seeing what goes on behind the walls of Disneyland. I've always been fascinated with places that are very well constructed, and finding out what's really going on just over the fence. You look over that gate and notice that things on the other side are not well painted — or maybe you spot that guy dressed as some character sneaking a smoke on his break. At least for me, the behind the scenes feel heard on 'The Aeroplane Flies High' represents something revealing not found on the main album. In retrospect, it's a nice document of how we arrived at the apex of 'Mellon Collie' — and also what standing on that apex did to us personally."

"The Aeroplane Flies High" follows 2011's acclaimed reissues of the band's groundbreaking first two albums, "Gish" (1991) and "Siamese Dream" (1993), as well as 2012's "Pisces Iscariot" (1994), the band's third album, as well as their fourth album, "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness" (1995). *

As THE SMASHING PUMPKINS get the fully remastered treatment via these reissues, the band is excited to be moving forward by creating new music. They will soon start recording the follow-up to 2012's acclaimed album "Oceania". The band launched their 2013 world tour in Mexico this past March and is heading to Europe and Japan for summer dates through August 11.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:23 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
"Mellon Collie" achieved Diamond certification by the RIAA for sales of 10,000,000 discs and digital equivalent per disc (5 million copies of the double album).

And that, my friends, is why Corgan can be an asshole to absolutely everybody and is still able to put out songs in any half-assed way he feels like.

:BB Fuck You (An Ode To No One)

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6