Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Tool News
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:05 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
According to The Pulse Of Radio, TOOL singer Maynard James Keenan has addressed his reputation for being a very difficult interview in the latest installment of his bi-weekly online column for the Phoenix New Times. Keenan, who doesn't give a lot of interviews to begin with, has also been known to shut down during question-and-answer sessions depending on the journalist or situation. He explained in his column that it all comes down to the way the journalist presents the questions, saying, "The awesome writers strike up a conversation and my publicist has to cut us off 'cuz we're having too much fun. We call these people journalists. The lazy ones have a list of questions to which they've already anticipated the answers, so they don't bother listening to my responses. We call these people never again."

Keenan added, "There seems to be an epidemic raging out there. A whole lot of people are calling themselves professionals who really have no business doing so . . . Their skill is squeaking and moaning in order to get their way. Which is fine with me. It makes for easier targets."

The vocalist also brought up the fact that he was interviewed for his upcoming "semi-autobiography" by his co-writer on the project, who told him how "forthcoming" he was during their interview.

Keenan continued, "She said it stood in direct contrast to some — but not all — of my tight-lipped discourse she'd found online. Her guess was that the journalists in question lacked enthusiasm. Her understatement was correct. This is not the case with all journalists I've encountered, but unfortunately, it's the norm."

Keenan has told The Pulse Of Radio in the past that he's not fond of the idea of musicians being treated like celebrities. "There's this kind of idol situation that's been set up," he said. "I think it's out of proportion with what's real. It's hyped up by damaged musicians who need some kind of acknowledgement and need to fill that empty hole for attention, for recognition. I would like to see it get to the point where it's just people enjoying music for music's sake."

Keenan's other band, PUSCIFER, will release a new EP called "Donkey Punch The Night" in February, while TOOL is expected to issue its first album since 2006 sometime next year as well. Details on that, however, remain unclear.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:57 pm 
I think Maynard and Geoff Tate should have tea and crumpets together blathering back and forth about how great they are. The guy is a douchebag period. Legend in his own mind. :D Says one thing and does another. I talked to a guy in the industry that basically shook his head. In Vancouver he was letting a 15 year old give him a blowjob. I know he has a steady gf or wife as I saw her in Edmonton when I tried to get an autographed from fucktard Maynard. I looked at some online pictures and it was the same girl. Good relationship buddy. Maybe you can add Creed to your opening act and you can shoot some videos with Stapp. :!: :P

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:07 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse Of Radio, TOOL's webmaster posted a lengthy message online this week in which he claims that the band may be "more than halfway" finished writing the music for their fifth studio effort. The webmaster wrote, "While riding with Danny [Carey, drums] to Chili John's yesterday, I heard a lot of new TOOL music (sans Maynard [James Keenan, vocals]). This was the most new material that I've heard so far, although a few of the riffs and arrangements were familiar."

He added, "Dare I say that it sounded like . . . TOOL (some of it reminiscent to earlier TOOL stuff, with other parts pushing the envelope), and I assume that it will sound even more like TOOL once the vocal melodies, etc. have been added. To answer your next question, I cannot say how far along in the writing process the band is. If I had to GUESS, I would say more than half way (and keep in mind that in the past, at least, the writing went faster once the first few [more complex] songs were finished)."

Earlier in the message, the webmaster writes that the band is confirmed to play the Japanese edition of Ozzfest in May 2013, hinting that other dates may be on tap as well. He also adds, "There are a couple of other TOOL projects on the horizon that I am privy to, but, unfortunately, can't comment on any further at this time . . . as was requested by the band's management."

TOOL's last album, "10,000 Days", came out in 2006.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 pm 
Due to Maynardo pissing around in the vinyard and his other side projects aka Puscifer is the main reason the band can't speed up the process. Dwarf twit. :wink:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse Of Radio, an unidentified member of TOOL recently crashed his Vespa scooter on an icy road, suffering serious injuries and delaying work on the music for the band's long-awaited next album. The musician sustained several broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder in the crash, forcing the band to push back writing sessions for the band's follow-up to 2006's "10,000 Days".

The incident was described in detail in a post at the band's web site earlier this week, with the webmaster writing, "Because of the physical nature of the musical instrument involved, 9 DAYS of jamming were lost, although I'm happy to report that the person involved is recovering nicely, so much so, in fact, that writing sessions resumed last Monday (January 21), despite it being a holiday for many."

By coincidence, another person connected to the TOOL camp also had a Vespa accident a few days earlier, sustaining injuries to his head and multiple cuts and bruises to his body. The post hinted that it may have been someone related to the band's merchandising.

The band's webmaster concluded by writing, "I was hoping to be able to throw some of you a bone the first week of the New Year, but for certain reasons this announcement has been pushed back a month. Therefore, look for a news post that will be exciting to some towards the end of the first week in February."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:42 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Vespa accident? :roll:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
Vespa accident? :roll:

Yeah, buying it! :lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse Of Radio, singer Maynard James Keenan has said that TOOL will not be releasing a new album in 2013. Keenan reportedly told Chile's Radio Futuro when asked about the prospects for the band's first new CD in seven years, "No new disc. Not this year . . . I have not written any songs. So no, there is nothing."

Keenan told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that he's always hesitant to talk about a new album until it's actually going forward. "We normally don't say anything about anything until it's actually happening, because there's a lot of people online that apparently can't read very well," he said. "I put an April Fool's notice up there for the album release, and it was 2011, I said, 'New TOOL album, such-and-such a date, 2009, and everybody ran around like, 'Oh, really, the new TOOL --?' God, you guys are dumb. I swear to God. You've got to read."

Keenan's comments will probably disappoint fans after a recent update by TOOL's webmaster stated that the other members of the band were "halfway" done with writing new music for the album.

However, an unidentified member of the band recently was injured in a scooter crash, pushing back the writing and rehearsal sessions.

TOOL hasn't released a new album since 2006's "10,000 Days", although the group has toured intermittently since then.

Keenan and his side act PUSCIFER will release their new EP, "Donkey Punch The Night", on February 19, with some touring to follow.

Although this doesn't seem like a prank, Keenan is famous for pulling them on the media. He once said he 2005 that he had "found Jesus" and was quitting the band, later promoted a book that didn't actually exist and once reported that the members of TOOL had been critically injured in a bus accident . . . so there's no trusting this guy.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:16 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
TOOL will release a handcrafted, bonus-laden, limited-edition package of its original debut EP, "Opiate", on March 26 to mark the 21st anniversary of the six-song release.

The anniversary edition is limited to 5,000 copies and features art direction by Adam Jones, illustrations by legendary artist Adi Granov and design packaging by Mackie Osborne, who has collaborated with TOOL on many albums, including "10,000 Days", "Lateralus" and "Salival" as well as posters and merchandise.

The 5,000 copies will be broken down as 5 x 1,000 runs with each set featuring a variation of the exterior graphics and included bonus items which include a new stereoscopic image for fans to use with their glasses from the "10,000 Days" packaging.

The packages will only be available via TOOL's web site on March 26 and there will be no pre-orders. A limit of three packages from each of the 5 x 1,000 versions will be in place. More details to be announced soon.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Although this doesn't seem like a prank, Keenan is famous for pulling them on the media. He once said he 2005 that he had "found Jesus" and was quitting the band, later promoted a book that didn't actually exist and once reported that the members of TOOL had been critically injured in a bus accident . . . so there's no trusting this guy.

There's no trusting this guy... and there's also not much interest either. :P

bildo wrote:
"God, you guys are dumb. I swear to God. You've got to read."

Yeah... he hasn't released a Tool album in 7 years and like to fuck with the fans and insult them.

We'll see who's dumb when nobody wants to buy his next EP. :gig:

:BB Useful Idiot

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:42 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
TOOL will release a handcrafted, bonus-laden, limited-edition package of its original debut EP, "Opiate", on March 26 to mark the 21st anniversary of the six-song release.

The anniversary edition is limited to 5,000 copies and features art direction by Adam Jones, illustrations by legendary artist Adi Granov and design packaging by Mackie Osborne, who has collaborated with TOOL on many albums, including "10,000 Days", "Lateralus" and "Salival" as well as posters and merchandise.

The 5,000 copies will be broken down as 5 x 1,000 runs with each set featuring a variation of the exterior graphics and included bonus items which include a new stereoscopic image for fans to use with their glasses from the "10,000 Days" packaging.

The packages will only be available via TOOL's web site on March 26 and there will be no pre-orders. A limit of three packages from each of the 5 x 1,000 versions will be in place.

Speaking to Revolver magazine, TOOL guitarist Adam Jones stated about the five different versions of the "Opiate" artwork: "I'd call them variations. That defines it a little better. There's hand-pressed printing, there's old machine printing. [Designer] Mackie Osborne is kind of celebrating the intimacy and originality of this thing. If we had the budget, we'd take everything as far as possible.

"I've always lived my life in terms of what I want out of something, and what I want is to go to the store and buy something and go, 'Goddamn, I got more than my money's worth.' I want something where you can tell a lot of time went into it. That's what I love about painting. I appreciate stuff that people do in one day, but I appreciate seeing the layers of paint and the brushstrokes more — seeing that this person really ripped their guts out trying to capture something.

"There will be five variations in color, and a thousand copies of each. So five thousand copies total. And I know they're putting extra stuff in it, like some stickers, and I did a 3-D separation of some of the artwork so you can view it through the stereoscopic goggles from the '10,000 Days' album. I think there's a golden ticket, too, that's supposed to be in one of every thousand. I'm not sure what you get if you get the golden ticket — maybe tickets to one of our shows or something — I don't think we've decided yet. We're still putting it together. It's actually being printed right now."

Asked what exactly is happening with the artwork, Adam said: "When we did the original art for 'Opiate', I had a lot of people helping me and a lot of outside influence. I was doing makeup effects and sculpting in Hollywood. So for the art, we picked the song 'Opiate' and tried to design artwork around it. For the reissue, it was really nice to readdress that, especially my priest, because I wanted to get something a little more mystical and three-dimensional going on. Obviously, sculpting is three-dimensional, but I'm talking about ideas and thinking. So I asked Adi Granov to come and work with us. He's this amazing comic book illustrator, and he's designed a lot of the 'Iron Man' suits for the 'Iron Man' movies. He hit me up on Facebook a while ago, and we became friends. So when it came time to do this 'Opiate' packaging, I totally thought of him. I sent him some sketches and ideas, he sent some sketches back, and he just nailed it, man. So we turned it all over to Mackie — she's worked on a lot of our stuff, and she's [MELVINS singer-guitarist] Buzz Osborne's wife — and she's found this thick paper to print everything on that's gonna make this thing really special and collectible."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:31 pm 
Registered Rushaholic
Tool are back in action at last – they’ve confirmed their first live shows since the summer of 2012.

Maynard James Keenan and co will hit the road in March to deliver five shows in the US and two in Mexico. It’s thought their live schedule will be extended to include the UK and Europe later in the year.

But there’s no update on their long-awaited fifth album. Late last year frontman Keenan confirmed work was underway on the follow-up to 2006′s 10,000 Days – but admitted he was finding the process “tedious.”

He told Rolling Stone: “I don’t write the music. They write the music. I wait for them to bring music to me.

“They tend to go back over and over stuff. They don’t have to go through it 700 times – they can trust that first thought. But that’s their process, so you’ve got to let them do it.”

Keenan added that, when the record finally sees the light of day, it will be a progression from previous Tool outings rather than a continuation. “As an artist you don’t want to become a greatest hits version of yourself,” he said. “You want to push the boundaries. I don’t have any interest in coasting.”
Tool tour dates

Mar 04: Spokane Arena
Mar 06: Portland Moda Center
Mar 07: Eugene Matthew Knight Arena
Mar 09: Reno Event Center
Mar 11: San Francisco Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
Mar 18: Mexico City Palacio De Los Deportes
Mar 21: Veracruz Festival Cumbre Tajin

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:15 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
A new disc would be interesting. I'd be curious to hear what their idea of a "progression" is... I'd buy it. :guitar1:

:BB Stinkfist

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6