Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: Bullet For My Valentine news
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE will release their third album, "Fever", in the U.S. on April 27 (one day earlier internationally) via Jive/Zomba.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Your Betrayal
02. Fever
03. The Last Fight
04. A Place Where You Belong
05. Pleasure and Pain
06. Alone
07. Breaking Out Breaking Down
08. Bittersweet Memories
09. Dignity
10. Begging For Mercy
11. Pretty On The Outside

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:14 am 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
Hope it is better than the last one...

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:34 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Kerrang! magazine, guitarist/vocalist Matt Tuck of Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and his partner, Charlotte, welcomed their first child, a son named Evann, on March 25.

In an exclusive interview in this week's Kerrang! magazine, the singer reveals Evann is already a fan of his dad's band.

"When Charlotte was pregnant, we put headphones on her belly to see if he'd react to music," he explains. "His biggest reaction was to SLIPKNOT's 'The Heretic Anthem'! He liked his daddy's stuff, too. We've stopped [playing music] for the moment as we don't want him screaming all the time!"

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:46 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"Your Betrayal", the new video from Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, can be viewed below. The song comes off the band's third album, "Fever", which will be released in the U.S. on April 27 (one day earlier internationally) via Jive/Zomba.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:01 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"Fever", the third album from Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, is available for streaming in its entirety on the band's MySpace page. The CD will be released in the U.S. on April 27 (one day earlier internationally) via Jive/Zomba.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:53 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Kristen Dunleavy of myYearbook recently conducted an interview with drummer Michael "Moose" Thomas of Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

myYearbook: You guys are about to embark on a super-long tour. Are you excited to get back on the road?

Moose: Yeah, that's what we love to do. It's a big reason why we started the band, we love touring. We're not really a studio band, although we love doing it. We can't wait to be performing again.

myYearbook: It appears that your new album, "Fever", took a different direction from "Scream Aim Fire". Why did you guys feel compelled to try something new?

Moose: We just wanted to go back to our roots and write music for ourselves. The last album, "Scream Aim Fire", was a great album and we enjoyed doing it, but we had a lot of problems recording that album and we felt pressured in the metal community as far as trying to please other people and not pleasing ourselves. We tried to write a metal album and that's what "Scream Aim Fire" was. But on this album, we just went back to writing music for ourselves and having a good time.

myYearbook: Vocalist Matt Tuck told Metal Hammer, "'Scream Aim Fire' sessions just ripped our hearts out of wanting to be in a band." What do you think he meant by that?

Moose: It's like trying to run with one leg. He had such an issue with his throat, he went into surgery and had his tonsils removed and everything. It took a long time for his throat to recover. It was more frustrating for Matt than anyone. That's probably what he meant by that.

myYearbook: Can you explain the meaning behind the new album's title, "Fever"?

Moose: We just wanted something short, sharp and to the point, really. It was one of our favorite tracks off the album, so we just called it "Fever".

myYearbook: Do you have a personal favorite track off the new album?

Moose: I'm still in the stage where I love all of them. The best time to ask me that question is in 18 months when I get sick and tired of playing them.

myYearbook: Before "Fever", was it typical for the band to always take into account what you knew fans wanted to hear when writing new material?

Moose: On this one, we didn't take that into account at all, we just wrote for ourselves. It sounds kind of selfish but when we wrote "The Poison", we didn't have any fans and we felt that was our best material. We were having a good time on this record, we took most of 2009 off to just hang out with friends and write music that we were happy with.

myYearbook: Where would you place yourselves in terms of genre?

Moose: I don't see any point in these genres in music at all. I just think we're heavy music, especially on this album — heavy rock with more metal influences, I suppose.

myYearbook: How do you handle negative criticism? Do you guys read online message boards?

Moose: We used to in the early days, and they used to really annoy us. Obviously, you can't please everyone and everyone's always got something to say, so now we just don't bother. If a bad comment comes, it's always like one in a hundred anyway.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:28 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"Fever", the third album from Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, sold 71,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 3 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"Fever" has also gone top five in Australia, the U.K., Japan, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. In the U.K. it reached No. 5 on sales of 21,965.

"It is unbelievable," the band's manager, Craig Jennings of Raw Power Entertainment, tells Music Week. "There is no market for this band that isn't doing well."

BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE's last album, "Scream Aim Fire", opened with 53,000 units in the U.S. back in February 2008 to land at No. 4. That CD has since gone on to shift 360,000 copies.

"Fever" pairs BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE with producer Don Gilmore, best known for his work with LINKIN PARK and GOOD CHARLOTTE.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:01 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE will embark on a headlining tour of Australia in September, with support from BRING ME THE HORIZON and CANCER BATS.

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 05 - Perth, AUS - Challenge Stadium
Sep. 07 - Adelaide, AUS - Thebarton Theatre
Sep. 09 - Melbourne, AUS - Festival Hall
Sep. 10 - Sydney, AUS - Horden Pavilion
Sep. 11 - Brisbane, AUS - The Riverstage

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:08 am 
From what I heard at the live show and the few YouTube clips, this record is better than their last one and a little too different from their first album to compare, but as good in its own respect.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:14 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation has just released "Fever", featuring note-for-note transcriptions of 11 tunes from the third album from Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE:

* Alone
* Begging For Mercy
* Bittersweet Memories
* Breaking Out, Breaking Down
* Dignity
* Fever
* The Last Fight
* A Place Where You Belong
* Pleasure And Pain
* Pretty On The Outside
* Your Betrayal

To purchase a copy, go to MusicDispatch.com

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:44 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE have been forced to cancel tomorrow night's (October 5) concert at Lupo's in Providence, Rhode Island after the band's frontman, Matt Tuck, was taken ill. ESCAPE THE FATE will now be headlining along with BLACK TIDE and DRIVE A in the support slots. Tickets to the show are still available for only $10. The doors will open at 7 p.m. and the show kicks off at 8 p.m.

If you purchased a ticket at Lupo's for the show, use your ticket and get $15 back at the door or refunds at point of purchase.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:17 am 
A lot of people I know are pissed about that cancellation. Didn't even know they were playing around here again :lol:

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:07 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
Welsh metallers BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE have been forced to cancel tomorrow night's (October 5) concert at Lupo's in Providence, Rhode Island after the band's frontman, Matt Tuck, was taken ill. ESCAPE THE FATE will now be headlining along with BLACK TIDE and DRIVE A in the support slots. Tickets to the show are still available for only $10. The doors will open at 7 p.m. and the show kicks off at 8 p.m.

My younger daughter loves that Escape The Fate band... but the little bit I've heard sounded pretty lame.

Personally, I'd go see the show for Black Tide and then bail. :lol:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top