Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Finland's CHILDREN OF BODOM will team up with the death metal legends CANNIBAL CORPSE and fellow Finns DIABLO for a full-scale European tour in February/March. So far the following dates have been announced:

Feb. 01 - Stadtgarden - Erfurt, Germany
Feb. 03 - Backstage - München, Germany
Feb. 07 - Syma Hall - Budapest, Hungary
Feb. 08 - Gasometer - Vienna, Austria
Feb. 10 - Alcatraz - Milan, Italy
Feb. 12 - Paradiso - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Feb. 19 - Forum - London, UK
Feb. 26 - Sentrum Scene - Oslo, Norway
Feb. 27 - Tyrol - Stockholm, Sweden

More shows will be announced soon.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:18 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Bassist Henkka Seppälä (a.k.a. Henkka T. Blacksmith) of the Finnish metal band CHILDREN OF BODOM has issued the following update from the band's current European tour with SLIPKNOT and MACHINE HEAD:

"We started this leg in Finland. And of course, the first shows on tours are always the most difficult. So it was a shame it happened to be our hometown. Techical problems (always happens with first shows) affected our sound and lights. But we tried our best to kick ass. Tampere was also bad for us 'cos most of the people were still outside when we started playing. But ever since, things have gotten better, and in Oslo things were already really good.

"We've played for big crowds. It is sometimes really challenging to get people excited, first band, early night, big cold hall and so on. Choosing seven songs for setlist is also very difficult thing. It is also very nice to be back touring in central Europe. Feels like it's been ages when were here last time.

"For me, the best shows have been so far maybe Paris and Oslo. And, of course, the intense sweaty headliner in Hamburg in between. That day a friend of mine took me to thw St. Pauli game. It was awesome. After the second show in Paris, we saw SOILWORK show next door! It's great to see Peter [Wichers, SOILWORK guitarist] back in business. They were tight!

"Big thing for us was to play the very first COB show in Denmark. That was exciting and crowd was treating us well there too!

"In Amsterdam I went to see a national game, Holland - Sweden, at the famous Ajax stadium. It was awesome to see that legendary place. Litmanen.

"We've had good times with the other bands. Everybody's treating us well.

"Tonight we have another headliner, in Saarbrucken, southwest Germany. It's been snowing here."

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:35 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
CHILDREN OF BODOM fan site Scythes Of Bodom recently conducted an interview with the group's vocalist/guitarist Alexi Laiho. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Scythes Of Bodom: Only in 2008 — OK maybe also in the last years — it seems to be possible that you can tour with a band like SLIPKNOT. In 2000 you once said that you don't like this nu-metal stuff but at that time you haven't really checked them out and now you dig them a lot and are on tour with them.

Alexi: Yeah, it's true. In the past I said stuff like that but at that time I never heard a song from them [SLIPKNOT] so I just said that they would sound like LIMP BIZKIT and other crap like that but when I actually heard them, it blew me away. It was the most aggressive stuff I've ever heard — well, not ever, but at least in the last years. When you see them on stage pulling off their show, you just feel the energy these guys create. Also, the new album is full of that. They definitely rock.

Scythes Of Bodom: Any message to the [people accusing you of selling out]?

Alexi: It's always the same. There are always people who have a problem when you're doing something new and tour with other bands they don't like for some reason. But we wanna move on, we always wanted to move on, so this is something completely natural for us. It was the same when we covered BRITNEY [SPEARS] a few years ago. People started to hate our band for that but that's OK for me.

Scythes Of Bodom: How's the audience on this tour?

Alexi: It's been diverse but for the most part it has been really good. But there have also been a couple of shows that... for example, today the crowd wasn't that awesome but in Paris or Oslo it was fucking killer. The thing is, when we are playing these sorts of venues, it's a fact that most of the people don't even know who the fuck you are and then you go out there and convince them that you fucking rock. That's that we're trying to do and at the end of the show, when you see all the way to the back that the crowd is moving and they're raising their hands, then you know that you did good job.

Scythes Of Bodom: Did you ever had to stop a song when something crazy happened in the audience?

Alexi: Yeah, we did at least once. There is one time I remember... it was in Millvale in the States and the crowd went fucking nuts and then they broke the barricades. Dude, I'm always watching the front row because I don't want anybody to get hurt. If some people look like they're gonna fucking die, then I grab a bottle of water and hand it to them, even in the middle of a song or a guitar solo. But there I couldn't see shit and the security guards came to me and said, "Dude, you're gonna fucking stop right now." And I was like "What the fuck happened?" The people broke down the goddamn barricade and we had to have a five-minute break. But my point was that we care about the people, even though it isn't our mistake.

Scythes Of Bodom: I heard that you once punched somebody in the audience during the "Follow The Reaper" tour because he was beating up a kid. Do you remember that?

Alexi: Oh yeah, yeah... I do... and I would still do it if I have to but fortunately I didn't have to do that in many years. I remember that there was this huge fucking biker dude and I saw him beating the shit out of a kid who was lying on the floor. I mean, you shouldn't beat up anybody who's on the floor but this was a fucking kid and he was this big biker dude. When I saw that I stopped playing and I kicked him in the head, at least a couple of times. I just had to because somebody just had to do something. There wasn't much security and they didn't give a fuck. So yeah, I kicked the motherfucker in the head a couple of times and then he stopped. After the show the kid came up to me and he had a broken nose, his head was swollen and stuff like that and he said "Thank you so much because this dude would have killed me." That's just something that made me fucking happy. Well, not the fact that he got beat up but that I could stop it.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:54 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The U.S. branch of Spinefarm Records will release the following CHILDREN OF BODOM titles on limited-edition picture disc vinyl on January 13, 2009:

* "Blooddrunk" (2008)
* "Tokyo Warhearts" (2006)
* "Are You Dead Yet?" (2005)
* "Follow the Reaper (2000)
* "Hatebreeder" (1999)
* "Something Wild" (1997)

Each title will be individually numbered and are limited to 1,500 copies, making them instant collectors items!

For more information, visit the Spinefarm webstore.

https://spinestoreus.cartfly.com/spinestoreus

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:02 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to a posting on the CHILDREN OF BODOM fan site Scythes Of Bodom, Japan's Young Guitar magazine has released a special issue dubbed "100% Alexi Laiho" featuring detailed articles of the band's history, the complete discography, a list of equipment and gear, and all 13 interviews the publication has done with COB mainman Alexi Laiho (guitar, vocals) between 1999 and 2008. In addition, the issue includes a "Hate Crew Deathlesson" guitar tutorial and tablature for the songs "Lake Bodom", "Downfall", "Hate Me!", "Hate Crew Deathroll", "Living Dead Beat" and "Tie My Rope". The magazine also comes with a 23-minute DVD featuring Laiho breaking down a few of his guitar solos. He also presents various licks from live shows, talks about his gear and offers general advice to aspiring guitarists.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:29 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Bassist Henkka Seppälä (a.k.a. Henkka T. Blacksmith) of the Finnish metal band CHILDREN OF BODOM has issued the following update from the band's current European tour with SLIPKNOT and MACHINE HEAD:

"I think Munich was the best German show for us. It was very nice surprise for us. They day before we played in Vienna, and somehow that city has always been very dear to us. I will never forget the Planet Music shows back in the day. ONE MAN ARMY [AND THE UNDEAD QUARTET] dudes invaded our bus in Stuttgart. They played the same city with UNLEASHED.

"It was time to cross the channel. The Cliffs of Dover welcomed us to the rainy island. Weird is that it's actually been much sunnier in U.K. than in central Europe on this tour. London was lots of drinking. Cardiff kicked some serious ass. The crowd really surprised us, and now it would be great to come over for headliner.

"Yesterday we enjoyed a day off in Birmingham. I managed to get up quite early, totally hungover from the Cardiff tequilas. The game wasn't sold out so we got tickets to see Birmingham-Watford. What could be better cure for hangover than good company, beer and football?"

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Children Of Bodom news
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:33 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM have released a 79-song digital box set exclusively through iTunes. It retails for $49.99.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:22 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
is it new songs though?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:51 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Dragon235 wrote:
is it new songs though?

I was going to research and list all the tracks, but their link was busted. Hopefully I'll hear more about it somewhere else soon and get back to you.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:02 pm 
All right. I've got a 24 buck gift card to Itunes.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:01 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
CHILDREN OF BODOM will team up with THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER and SKELETONWITCH for a North American tour in September/October. So far the following dates have been released:

Sep. 22 - Theatre Capitole - Quebec City, QC
Sep. 23 - Metropolis - Montreal, QC
Sep. 25 - Elements Night Club - Kitchener, ON
Sep. 26 - Sound Academy - Toronto, ON
Sep. 28 - Epic - Minneapolis, MN
Sep. 30 - The Garrick Centre - Winnipeg, MB
Oct. 01 - Odeon Events Centre - Saskatoon, SK
Oct. 02 - MacEwan Hall - Calgary, AB
Oct. 03 - Edmonton Event Centre - Edmonton, AB
Oct. 05 - Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, BC
Oct. 09 - The Regency Ballroom - San Francisco, CA

More dates will be announced soon.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
update:

Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM will return to North America this fall to headline a massive, month-long tour. The 20-city trek will launch on Friday, September 18 at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island and will run through October 14 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Support will come from THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER and SKELETONWITCH.

Ticket pre-sales officially begin on Wednesday, June 24 at 3:00 p.m. local time. The pre-sale landing page provides fans with the option to pre-order the upcoming COB album, as well as to purchase a special VIP package with a concert ticket, meet-and- greet pass, autographed poster and the new record. To do so, go to this location.
https://tixx1.artistarena.com/childrenofbodom/

Sep. 18 - Providence, RI - Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel #
Sep. 19 - Sayreville, NJ - Starland Ballroom *
Sep. 20 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights *
Sep. 22 - Quebec City, QC - Capitole Theatre *
Sep. 23 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis *
Sep. 25 - Kitchner, ON - Elements *
Sep. 26 - Toronto, ON - Sound Academy *
Sep. 27 - Chicago, IL - House Of Blues #
Sep. 28 - Minneapolis, MN - Epic *
Sep. 30 - Winnipeg, MB - The Garrick *
Oct. 01 - Saskatoon, SK - The Odeon *
Oct. 02 - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Hall *
Oct. 03 - Edmonton, AB - EEC *
Oct. 05 - Vancouver, BC - The Commodore *
Oct. 06 - Seattle, WA - Showbox Market #
Oct. 07 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre #
Oct. 09 - San Francisco, CA - Regency Ballroom # + %
Oct. 10 - Pomona, CA - The Glasshouse #
Oct. 11 - Pomona, CA - The Glasshouse (w/ HOLY GRAIL)
Oct. 12 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre # + %
Oct. 14 - Honolulu, HI - Pipeline Cafe (CHILDREN OF BODOM only)

* THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER and SKELETONWITCH support
# SKELETONWITCH and another act (to be announced) support
% Includes special guest AUSTRIAN DEATH MACHINE

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:55 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
U.K.'s Terrorizer magazine recently conducted an interview with CHILDREN OF BODOM guitarist/vocalist Alexi Laiho. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Terrorizer: OK, so Spinefarm have just collected all the covers you've ever recorded for a kinda "best-of" collection, including songs by IRON MAIDEN, SLAYER, W.A.S.P., BILLY IDOL and, erm, BRITNEY SPEARS. Of all the songs on that album, which are your favorites.

Alexi: Well my favorite is, for example, we just recorded two extra songs for the album about two months ago so one of them is a PAT BENATAR song, "Hell Is For Children". It's one of my favorites and I don't know, I guess you have to love the BRITNEY SPEARS cover.

Terrorizer: PAT BENATAR is a surprising choice. She's criminally underrated outside of North America, are you sure you wouldn't have rather done something by LITA FORD?

Alexi: I've been a fan of PAT BENATAR for a long time, she has so many awesome songs and she's a great singer and actually a lot of her songs have potential to be bad-ass metal songs; well, that's what I hear anyway. Like the first time when I heard "Hell Is For Children", it was like man we have to cover this as a metal version. It's weird, no one talks about PAT BENATAR. I guess she just wasn't that popular outside the U.S. I've been a fan of her for a long time.

Terrorizer: When you cover a song, do you always try to add that tradmark BODOM touch, to change them slightly and make them more metal?

Alexi: Yeah, I mean that's kind of the whole point, we want to make it different. There are a couple of exceptions, like for example the SUICIDAL TENDENCIES cover; there's nothing much we can do about it. It's pretty much like the original version but we added stuff here and there but usually we like to throw in stuff that wasn't on the original and fuck around with it as well, just make it sound like CHILDREN OF BODOM.

Terrorizer: But metal is a serious business Alexi. Some fans will say there is no room for "comedy" covers albums in metal!

Alex: Well, I'm saying, "Chill the fuck out." We not taking it all too seriously, obviously I take metal seriously but metal is about fun too so there are definitely covers on there that are just for a laugh you know. But yeah, it's just who we are, we like to have fun, we like to have a laugh, we're not afraid to show that to anybody.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:12 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
CHILDREN OF BODOM's cover versions of BILLY IDOL's "Rebel Yell" and SUICIDAL TENDENCIES' "War Inside My Head" are available for streaming at the band's MySpace page.
http://www.myspace.com/childrenofbodom

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:37 pm 
"Rebel Yell" is a fantastic cover, if not their best.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next