Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: Sepultura news
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:30 pm 
Favorite Band: Dream Evil, Dragonland, Sonata, Angra
This reminds me the Dream Evil gig here in São Paulo, fucking promoters...

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:40 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser was interviewed on the November 6, 2009 edition of the "Uncensored Net Noise". The program can now be streamed using the audio player below. (Note: The Kisser interview begins around the 35-minute mark.) A few excerpts from the chat follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

SEPULTURA's plans for 2010:

"The plan is to keep [touring] through next year. We're celebrating 25 years of the group. We have an intention to do a live DVD with our new drummer [Jean Dolabella], maybe an orchestra and stuff, to celebrate this special date. So, let's see. The plans are, really, to keep on the road for the next year."

On whether there is any bad blood between the current members of SEPULTURA and their former bandmates, vocalist/guitarist Max Cavalera (currently in SOULFLY and CAVALERA CONSPIRACY) and drummer Igor Cavalera (currently in CAVALERA CONSPIRACY and MIXHELL):

"Max [leaving SEPULTURA in 1996] was a pretty heavy departure. He was the singer, we were at the peak of our career, touring [in support of the gold-certified] 'Roots' [album] and everything; it was very difficult to keep everything together. When Igor left [in 2006], it was easier to deal with, with our experience that we had with Max and to rebuild the SEPULTURA career and everything. I mean, his departure was made step by step and he was not very happy touring etc. We [are] still on good terms, of course. Max is very hard to get in touch [with], but Igor lives in Brazil, our families know each other and stuff, and we still have a really cool relationship. But [we live in] different worlds — he's [Igor] doing a DJ job [with MIXHELL], using his drums in a different way."

On CAVALERA CONSPIRACY (the collaboration between brothers and former SEPULTURA members Max and Igor Cavalera):

"I think it's cool. It's great to see the brothers playing again. But, you know, it seems to me that everything [for the debut CAVALERA CONSPIRACY album, 'Inflikted'] was done in a rush. They could spend a little more time enjoying this brother reunion and jam and write something together. I mean, Igor was just the drummer there [on the first CAVALERA CONSPIRACY album]. But I think it's cool. At least they're talking to each other again, which is very positive."

On whether he thinks Marc Rizzo (SOULFLY guitarist) is a good fit for CAVALERA CONSPIRACY:

"I don't know, man. It could be anyone, because it's something new. Of course, they only do SEPULTURA stuff [when they play live], but... [laughs] I guess they don't have any choice. I think Marc Rizzo is a great player, he's a great guy... I really admire his style. I mean, his flamenco playing, his acoustic stuff, is amazing, and he's a great dude, man. It's great to see that he's jamming with Max for a long time, for awhile. I guess it's just whatever music they wanna do. I guess they [got] along well and it worked out cool."

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:24 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Brazilian/American thrashers SEPULTURA have released the following statement:

Our thoughts and love goes out to Nino Notaro's family.

"Nino Notaro — 'Peixe', as we used to call him — was SEPULTURA's F.O.H. [front-of-house audio engineer] for more 10 years, during 'Arise', 'Chaos A.D.', 'Roots', 'Against' and 'Nation' tours. He was a really good friend and will be deeply missed by the SEPULTURA family.

"Rest in peace, Peixe!

"Nino passed away November 22 2009, victim of cirrhosis. He leaves his 5-year-old daughter, Sophia."

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:51 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
RIP to the man behind the board. :B

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:16 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Brazilian/American thrashers SEPULTURA will have their latest album, "A-Lex", re-released in April via SPV/Steamhammer with two brand new songs. The two new tracks were completed during the "A-Lex" recording session but were not released.

I've stopped getting multiples of albums when they add bonus tracks. Screw it. I'm just not spending my hard earned money for a band or record label that is obviously doing this just to screw their fans out of some more cash. If I know in advance about various versions of the same album, I may pick one with more tracks for more money, but I'm not going to buy the entire album again 6 months later.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:00 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
I've stopped getting multiples of albums when they add bonus tracks. Screw it. I'm just not spending my hard earned money for a band or record label that is obviously doing this just to screw their fans out of some more cash. If I know in advance about various versions of the same album, I may pick one with more tracks for more money, but I'm not going to buy the entire album again 6 months later.

I wish I could say that... :?

:BB Addicted To That Rush
[Remixed, Remastered and Rehashed Exclusive Never-Before-Heard (Even In The Studio) Japanese-Only Bonus Track]

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:02 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Zero Tolerance, Brazilian/American thrashers SEPULTURA will perform at the Le Boulevard des Jeunes Musiciens festival on May 16 in Casablanca, Morocco.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Brazilian/American thrashers SEPULTURA have vowed to neutralize their carbon dioxide emissions during their current European tour, which kicked off on April 3.

According to the calculations of the Instituto Triangulo de Desenvolvimento Sustentável, the band's carbon dioxide emission is about 400 tons during a typical tour.

"When we heard that the band generated so much pollution, we were scared," said SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser. "For many years we thought about minimizing our impact, but that was impossible. Today it seems not only possible but necessary.

"We are very happy to be pioneers in Brazil, and we are hoping that our attitude will inspire other artists to do the same."

Another initiative is the production of shirts made from PET fibers, which will be sold during the second half of SEPULTURA's European tour and via the band's official fan club (with its headquarters at the Rock Gallery in São Paulo, Brazil) and other specialized shops. In addition, the Instituto Triangulo will mediate planting of about five thousand seedlings in Brazil on SEPULTURA's behalf, among them Rosewood (used for construction of various instruments) and Brazil Wood (the main material for making violin bows).

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:07 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
No tacos on this tour... :gig:

PET fibers? And you thought the old shirts fell apart quickly... :?

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
MUSICA DIABLO — the São Paulo, Brazil-based thrash metal project featuring SEPULTURA singer Derrick Green, guitarist André L.A. (NITROMINDS), bassist Ricardo Brigas, guitarist André Germani Curci (KORZUS, THREAT) and drummer Edu Nicollini (NITROMINDS) — will release its self-titled debut album on May 28 via SAOL / H'Art / Zebralution. A song from the CD, "Lifeless", will be launched on iTunes for the unique price of €0.69 featuring a different cover than the album.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:52 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
On May 16, Altsounds.com conducted an interview with former SEPULTURA and current SOULFLY/CAVALERA CONSPIRACY frontman Max Cavalera. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Altsounds.com: Was "Omen" a difficult album for you to write?

Max: It was difficult in a sense that I tried to make it better than the last one, because "Conquer" was really well received and some people didn't think we could go any further from that, but I think "Omen" does go further than "Conquer" and so in then sense it was difficult but also liberating when it was done, and when I listened to it I was very happy with the final result.

Altsounds.com: How would you compare "Omen" to the rest of the SOULFLY back catalogue, where do you think it fits in?

Max: I think it's way up there, it's one of the best and the strongest. It's just a really explosive kind of album that's strong all the way through it, doesn't let up, like I say it's got a lot of hardcore and metal elements with death metal and thrash metal. In terms of energy I'd put it as one of the best ones.

Altsounds.com: You have just finished recording the second CAVALERA CONSPIRACY album. What can you tell us about it?

Max: It's going to surprise a lot of people. Igor [Cavalera; Max's brother and former SEPULTURA bandmate] is playing really fast, a lot of the songs are going to be really fast: they have got that kind of "Arise" vibe to it, it's a very adrenaline driven album. The songs are shorter too, they are like a minute and a half to two minutes, which is something I wanted to do to for a long time because I was kind of bored of four to five minute songs; I wanted to take it back to being shorter, and then there's the song that I mentioned with Roger from AGNOSTIC FRONT. It's a pretty good album.

Altsounds.com: How does the writing process for a CAVALERA CONSPIRACY album differ to writing a SOULFLY album?

Max: I write different for CAVALERA because of the way Igor plays, he has a style that is his own, so I write my riffs to fit more of Igor's style of drumming which is a little bit different; when I write at home, I know what goes to what, I hear a song and know that it's SOULFLY material or CAVALERA material so I divide them. The way I write is the same, me with my guitar, a four-track and a drum machine.

Altsounds.com: How do you feel about being considered a musical legend?

Max: Old. (Laughs) It's cool, something I didn't really think much about, I didn't think I was gonna last this long. I thought I would be dead by 30, that's the way I was thinking when I was 20, so I didn't give a shit 'cause I thought I'd be dead, but I did not die I tell you. (Laughs) Now I'm 40 and still playing, I've done a lot with SEPULTURA, with NAILBOMB and now SOULFLY, seven albums with SOULFLY...I guess people tend to call you a legend, it's cool, it doesn't affect me.

Altsounds.com: After being the face of four influential bands, what have been your career high points?

Max: Survival, being able to survive the trend, like when I was in SEPULTURA and we survived grunge, everyone was talking about NIRVANA and PEARL JAM and we were making "Chaos A.D.", that was our statement and our state of mind at the time. Survival is the best thing.

Altsounds.com: You were one of the faces that helped build Roadrunner Records into the label it became as part of SEPULTURA, and you have had a career long relationship with them ever since. Are you proud of all you have accomplished alongside them?

Max: It's been a long but really good relationship; they let me do what I want to do which is great because I've got freedom. I'm not on a label that wants me to change or expects a pop album, they don't want that. They let me do what I want to, so I do SOULFLY and CAVALERA CONSPIRACY albums exactly like I want them to be; with that freedom I have we work well together, and they know the value I have for being on the label for so long and they respect that, so it is a good relationship I have with them.

Altsounds.com: How do you feel about the constant question of whether the classic SEPULTURA lineup is going to reunite?

Max: It almost happened last year; I actually called Andreas [Kisser, SEPULTURA guitarist] myself and talked to him about it because I wanna do it, and I said, "We should do it, man. It's the time," and he said, "Let's do it." The next thing I know he has all these crazy demands, involving all these people that work for them and having him be the boss of everything, and I said, "That's not how it's gonna be if it's gonna happen," and he started talking a lot about money and shit like that so I backed off. It's not about the money, it's about the name of the band and showing people what we were about when we were together, so now I'm not so sure. I don't know if it's gonna happen, I'm not worried about it, I think once people hear the new CAVALERA CONSPIRACY album they are going to forget about the reunion, because it's really powerful stuff.

Altsounds.com: How do you feel about the band doing a 20th-anniversary tour without you being attached to it?

Max: It's weak. At least when Igor was there, there was still a founding member; when Igor left, it was kind of a joke. No one original is in that band that started it, so it's like a cover band and it's kind of a joke.

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:34 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
On June 7, Holland's FaceCulture spoke to SOULFLY mainman Max Cavalera about his revelation that a reunion of SEPULTURA classic lineup "almost happened" last year but was derailed following a disagreement with SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser over who would control the band's business affairs and other money-related issues. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

FaceCulture: Have you spoken to Andreas recently? Is there any news about [a possible reunion of the classic SEPULTURA lineup]?

Max: "No, it's still the same. What we talked about that night [last year] that I phoned him is still the same. I have had no contact with him. Everything is still the same as it was, unfortunately… I really wanna do it [the reunion]. 'Cause I even proposed to him… I said, 'If you want to, just have your camp manage you and Paulo [SEPULTURA bassist] — you have your own managers — and Gloria [Max's wife and former SEPULTURA manager who still handles Max's business affairs] will manage me and Igor [Max's brother and ex-SEPULTURA drummer]. That way we're both happy; it's a 50-50 thing. Everybody is cool and happy, right?! I mean, that's being as fair as possible. [And] that was not good enough for [Andreas]. He doesn't want Gloria involved. He wants to do the whole thing himself, control the whole thing. And that's not right, that's not fair."

FaceCulture: Does Igor still speak to [Andreas]?

Max: "I don't think so. But I talked to Igor and he said he would do the tour — for me, he would do the tour. 'Cause I really wanna do it for my kids. My kids wanna see it, a bunch of friends of mine wanna see it. I think the whole world would like to see it. It was an important band in the metal world."

FaceCulture: Was the money an issue, too, for [Andreas], you think?

Max: "To me, it's not. Because, to me, we're not doing this for the money. We're doing it to show the people how good this band was — just to have great shows again, to show the people that we were an important band. The idea was not to do anything new we were an important band. The idea was not to do anything new — don't make a new album; just play old stuff. Just play old things. It's even better. The old songs are more powerful anyway. But, I don't know… He took it the wrong way. Everything I said was taken the wrong way."

FaceCulture: So he didn't want to have more money or something? Because that's what I read that you said. I don't know if it's true, [so] I would like to confirm [it].

Max: "To me, it seems a little bit that way. The thing with those guys that really sucks that a lot of people don't know — I think I should say that because it's something that happened — is that when Dana died [Dana Wells was Max Cavalera's stepson who was killed in a car accident in 1996 — Ed.], [and] I flew back from Donington [where SEPULTURA was supposed to perform], Andreas' wife tried to bury Dana before Gloria got home. I don't know [why], man. That's evil — doing something like that. And we stopped that because Gloria's daughter Christina found out about it and stopped the whole thing. It was like, 'What are you doing?' She was trying to get him buried and done with it. By the time she got home, he was already buried and done he was already buried and done — the funeral was all done. And that was really hurtful. And that was one of the reasons I quit SEPULTURA, because of that kind of attitude that they have towards a person that was our friend. So that's something that a lot of people don't know."

FaceCulture: Did they apologize for this?

Max: "Nah. Never."

FaceCulture: If they do, then maybe you can do that tour?

Max: "Yeah. Maybe if we do the reunion, we can put all that behind — put even that behind, if that's possible."

Profile  Offline
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:45 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
SEPULTURA members Andreas Kisser (guitar) and Paulo Xisto Pinto Jr. (bass) were interviewed for the summer 2010 issue of U.K.'s Terrorizer magazine. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the possibility of a reunion of the band's classic lineup, featuring Max Cavalera on guitar/lead vocals and his brother, Igor Cavalera, on drums:

Paulo: "No. There's no reason to have a reunion. The only reason to have a reunion would be the money and that's it.

"We have no contact [with Max], no nothing.

"In Brazil, there's a saying, 'zero on the left,' which means nothing. For me it's like that — gone.

"He [Max] left the band because he wanted to.

"'Keep going with your life, leave me alone; I have nothing to do with you anymore. Do your thing, let me do my thing.' And that's it. I don't care.

"Whatever he is doing; if he's happy, good.

"I am happy with [what the current lineup of SEPULTURA is doing] and that's what I'm sticking to.

"We don't want to go and fuck up this lineup."

On Max's claim that everyone was into the reunion but that Andreas wanted more money:

Andreas: "It's not money. Money could be on the table — as it was — but we have to enjoy ourselves.

"Like I say, we are not slaves of our situation; that I have to go there because I was part of something successful ten or fifteen years ago.

"I have a lot more fun playing with SEPULTURA today than ever.

"We have everything very much organized. We don't have band managers like we used to. We have a much clearer situation of the business.

"We took our road, the hard road, but it was a learning road.

"Max is a really great riff player. As a singer, he has a voice that is very characteristic. He is very charismatic on stage.

"He left [and] we respect that. We took the burden. He took all the good.

"Why would he want to come back now? If you are so happy doing the stuff you are doing, be that.

"I've heard so much stuff that Max has said over the years, but, as I said, money is not an issue.

"The first time they approached us was some ridiculous offer, and me and Paulo had to share ten percent of it all or something stupid like that.

"I am not going on stage as a puppet. I am a musician, for life.

"If we are going to do this, then we have to do it properly. I am not going to practice one day to do one show, one gig after so long, disrespecting our history, disrespecting our fans, just to be there to fulfill some expecations of management, of booking agents. And they want to talk about money? They don't have to show their faces, we have to."

Profile  Offline

Topic Top