Login |  Register

Post subject: Re: Misfits news
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
"The Devil's Rain", the new album from the seminal horror-punk band the MISFITS, sold 6,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 70 on The Billboard 200 chart.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. The Devil's Rain
02. Vivid Red
03. Land Of The Dead (album version)
04. The Black Hole
05. Twilight of the Dead (album version)
06. Curse of the Mummy's Hand
07. Cold In Hell
08. Unexplained
09. Dark Shadows
10. Father
11. Jack The Ripper
12. Monkey's Paw
13. Where Do They Go?
14. Sleepwalking
15. Ghost Of Frankenstein
16. Death Ray

I saw some kid wearing a Misfits t-shirt the other day. I'm not familiar with them, but I wonder if the kid was either.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:08 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
I saw some kid wearing a Misfits t-shirt the other day. I'm not familiar with them, but I wonder if the kid was either.

Not a particularly great band, IMHO. Kind of inconsistent (even for a punk band) and very gimmicky these days... but the Danzig years produced some pretty good tunes.

The great thing about The Misfits is that if you don't like a particular song, it'll be over in just a minute. Literally. :lol:

Their early "classic" stuff always reminded me of the Ramones, if that's any help.

Metallica has covered Last Caress, Green Hell and Die, Die My Darling. Those are all Misfits jams.

:BB Mommy Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:36 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
To mark Record Store Day on April 21, Rhino will offer three colored-vinyl versions of the MISFITS' LP "Walk Among Us", commemorating the 30-year anniversary of the band's 1982 full-length classic. It is a faithful reproduction of the original with music cut from the original analog masters and packaging that duplicates details down to the printed inner sleeve.

Limited to 3,000 total copies in the U.S., "Walk Among Us" will be available for a suggested list price of $17.98. The album will be pressed on red (1,250 pieces), blue (1,250 pieces) and clear (500) vinyl. Color variations will be distributed randomly. There will also be a purple vinyl pressing released internationally that will be limited to 1,500 copies.

About Record Store Day: Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance Of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition Of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale.

Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Former MISFITS frontman Michale Graves is utilizing the Kickstarter project platform to create funding for the new CD project.

Graves will enter Soundmine Recording Studio in November to begin tracking his new album, "Vagabond", for a March 21, 2013 release. The CD, which will ve produced by Hydraulic Entertainment, will feature 11 new and never-before-released songs that display Michale's unique folk/pop sensibility.

Underscoring his commitment to his worldwide fan base, Graves has created 15 different "pledge" levels that provide a wide range of was a fan can supported the album's creation.

Commented Graves: "I have been a performer for 17 years and have had the chance to travel the world and experience so many incredible people along the way. I live for performing and have been on tour so much that I haven't had the ability to record a new album in over four years. Working in conjunction with Kickstarter, I now have the ability to access those who mean the most — my fans — and create something unique for them."

According to Graves. the "Vagabond" CD offered on Kickstarter will not be available at any other point of distribution, making this release an exclusive, limited-edition album.

Added Mark Allen Stuart, CEO of Hydraulic Entertainment: "We are incredibly excited about our collaboration with Michale. He is a diverse talent with boundless energy and a deep respect and appreciation for all of his fans."

In addition to his production relationship with Hydraulic Entertainment, Graves is the head of the company's music group.

Graves has also released the dates for his spring 2013 "Vagabond" tour, which will included stops in 59 locations throughout the U.S.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:41 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
MISFITS will release their first "proper" live album since the 1980s, "Dea.d. Alive!", on February 5 on CD and limited-edition 12-inch vinyl plus MP3 card.

With select tracks from the band's encore set at their hometown show in New Jersey added for good measure, (recorded live on "Devil's Night," no less), "Dea.d. Alive!" is an audio Molotov cocktail guaranteed to have bonfires burning bright with pumpkin faces, day or night, all year round. Speakers will virtually melt as a torrential downpour of "Devil's Rain" engulfs the senses, catapulting you front row center into a jam-packed house of horrors.

The diverse set of modern day MISFITS classics included range from current hits like "Land Of The Dead" and "Curse Of The Mummy's Hand", on through all-new live versions of earlier-era material like "Scream!", "Dig Up Her Bones", "Helena" and more — recorded live, with a level of precision and intensity garnered in over three decades of horror business. In addition to 13 fiendish faves from the band's cryptic catalog, the live set also includes a cover version of the anthem "Science Fiction/Double Feature" (from the cult classic "Rocky Horror Picture Show") performed by the MISFITS for the first time ever on any release!

The first pressing will be made available on solid gold vinyl limited to 1,500 pieces.

"Dea.d. Alive!" track listing:

01. The Devil's Rain (3:39)
02. Vivid Red (1:44)
03. Land of the Dead (2:00)
04. Curse of the Mummy's Hand (3:18)
05. Cold in Hell (1:54)
06. Dark Shadows (3:18)
07. Death Ray (4:02)
08. Shining (2:39)
09. American Psycho (1:56)
10. Dig Up Her Bones (2:26)
11. Scream! (2:22)
12. Helena (3:24)
13. Science Fiction/Double Feature (3:17)
14. Saturday Night (4:10)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:45 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
DOYLE, the project led by former MISFITS guitarist Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein, has just released its new album, "Abominator", digitally via iTunes, Google Play and CDBaby. The effort, which also features Alex Story (CANCERSLUG) on vocals and Dr. Chud (MISFITS) on drums, will be made available as a full official physical CD digipak (jam-packed with "extras") in a few months. Special advanced copies are available now during the DANZIG 25th-anniversary tour and 50 copies will be in stock per show.

A horror-based hard rock/metal band of epic proportions, DOYLE's lineup is rounded out by Graham (GRAVES, LET IT BURN) on bass, unifying the skull-crushing sound that is the machine Doyle himself has put together. DOYLE cranks out music "as scary as the MISFITS, as doom-laden as BLACK SABBATH, and has the same hard-hitting in your face style of metal as MOTÖRHEAD or SLAYER," according to a press release.

"Abominator" track listing:

01. Abominator
02. Learn To Bleed
03. Dreamingdeadgirls
04. Headhunter
05. Valley Of Shadows
06. Land Of The Dead
07. Cemeterysexxx
08. Love Like Murder
09. Mark Of The Beast
10. Bloodstains
11. Hope Hell Is Warm

DOYLE is currently in the middle of mixing and finishing up the follow-up to "Abominator", tentively due out in December.

For more information, visit www.officialdoyle.com

Profile  Offline

Topic Top