Login |  Register

Post subject: Danzig news
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:28 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
DANZIG's lineup for its 20th anniversary tour as part of this year's "Blackest of the Black" trek — which includes DIMMU BORGIR, MOONSPELL, WINDS OF PLAGUE and SKELETONWITCH — will be as follows:

Glenn Danzig - Vocals
Tommy Victor (PRONG) - Guitar
Steve Zing - Bass
Johnny Kelly (TYPE O NEGATIVE) – Drums

"Blackest Of The Black" tour dates:

Oct. 09 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Revolution
Oct. 10 - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live
Oct. 11 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
Oct. 13 - Richmond, VA - Toad’s Place
Oct. 14 - Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
Oct. 15 - New York, NY - Roseland
Oct. 17 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
Oct. 18 - Montreal, QC - Metropolis
Oct. 19 - Toronto, ONT - Sound Academy
Oct. 21 - Milwaukee, WI - The Rave
Oct. 22 - Minneapolis, MN - Myth
Oct. 24 - Detroit, MI - Fillmore Theater
Oct. 25 - Chicago, IL - Congress Theater
Oct. 26 - St. Louis, MO - Pageant
Oct. 28 - Houston, TX - House of Blues
Oct. 30 - Dallas, TX - Palladium
Oct. 31 - Kansas City, KS - Uptown
Nov. 01 - The Fillmore Auditorium - Denver, CO
Nov. 03 - Marquee Theatre – Tempe, AZ
Nov. 04 - The Joint - Las Vegas, NV
Nov. 05 - Gibson Amphitheater - Los Angeles, CA
Nov. 07 - Roseland Theatre - Portland, OR
Nov. 08 - Showbox - Seattle, WA
Nov. 10 - The Warfield - San Francisco, CA

DANZIG mainman Glenn Danzig, who masterminded the tour, commented: "It will be nice to get back to many of these cities that I have not been to in some time and do the live show for all the people who've followed my music all these years. I'm also very happy to have DIMMU BORGIR sharing the stage this time as they are one of my favorite bands and always wanted them on Blackest Of The Black. Should be an incredible 20th anniversary tour."

The last "Blackest of the Black" tour — which took place at the end of 2006 — focused on the U.S. West Coast and featured headliner DANZIG alongside LACUNA COIL, THE HAUNTED, BELPHEGOR and ASESINO.

"The 'Blackest of the Black' tour is for extreme bands that sell out venues across the country, that sell records, but don't get radio play or get on MTV," Glenn Danzig previously said. "It's anti the corporate crap nu-rap-metal that gets shoved down fans' throats at other concerts."

Glenn Danzig completed a short U.S. tour last October/November with a band that included bassist Steve Zing (SAMHAIN) and guitarist Todd Youth (DANZIG, MURPHY'S LAW); former MISFITS axe man Doyle Von Frankenstein and his new band GORGEOUS FRANKENSTEIN, supported on all dates.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:10 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Guitarist Silenoz of the Norwegian symphonic black metal band DIMMU BORGIR and Glenn Danzig will be the featured guests on this Sunday's (Sunday, October 5) edition of Indie 103.1 FM's specialty metal program "Chaos with Full Metal Jackie" at 10:00 p.m. PST (1:00 a.m. EST Monday morning).

To listen to the show live via the Internet, go to this location. http://indie1031.com/ The program also airs on KNAC.COM Monday nights between 7 and 9 p.m. PST (and again on Sunday mornings between 7 and 9 a.m.).

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:47 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Glenn Danzig was one of the featured guests on the October 5, 2008 edition of Indie 103.1 FM's specialty metal program "Chaos with Full Metal Jackie". The interview is now available for streaming at this location.
http://blip.tv/file/1363187

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:16 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
D.X. Ferris of Riverfront Times recently conducted an interview with Glenn Danzig. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On his book of lyrics, which will be accompanied with new illustrations by Simon Bisley, the visual artist known for DANZIG covers, in addition to Doom Patrol and other comics:

Glenn Danzig: When Bisley's done with the drawings [the book will be released]. If you know the history of Simon Bisley, he's a very talented artist. I can't say he's lazy, 'cause he works hard. But I think he likes drinking and riding his bike, you know what I mean? He's an artist. In a lot of ways, he's really similar to Frazetta [the famous fantasy artist whose images were used for MOLLY HATCHET covers, among others], who would rather be golfing than painting or drawing. Simon, he loves drawing, but he'd rather take a break and go here and there. But the work is incredible, though, so what are you gonna do? So he's late, and that's why it hasn't come out.

Riverfront Times: Is the plan to include every one of your songs?

Glenn Danzig: Not every one. Maybe eventually, but this will just be a first volume in possibly a two- or three-volume thing. And it's only the songs that haven't had their lyrics reprinted. So he does an illustration, and we print their lyrics.

Riverfront Times: Color?

Glenn Danzig: No. Black and white illustrations.

Riverfront Times: Hardback?

Glenn Danzig: No. Maybe eventually hardback. But it'll probably be softbound.

Riverfront Times: Any kind of special edition, or will the book itself be the special edition?

Glenn Danzig: The book in itself is pretty special. But if we do a hardcover later on, we'll make it special. We'll see where that goes.

Riverfront Times: Do you see that distinction between metal and punk as superficial?

Glenn Danzig: It depends. There are metal bands that are metal. Back in the day, you could listen to VENOM if you were a punker or MOTÖRHEAD, and nobody would think anything of it. But if you said you listened to this band or that band, people would say, "What?" There was stuff that was accepted and that wasn't.

Riverfront Times: You've studied martial arts, including Jeet Kune Do [Bruce Lee's tradition-shattering style of martial arts, which freely drew on eclectic traditions], correct?

Glenn Danzig: Yeah, a lot of stuff.

Riverfront Times: Do you see a parallel between that and traditional martial arts as a parallel with your music? Like how traditional arts focus on the forms and doing everything the same way every time?

Glenn Danzig: Jeet Kun Do is form with no form: You react to your situation, pretty much. I don't really know that it has anything to do with that?

Riverfront Times: Is that what you do with your music?

Glenn Danzig: Not really, no. It's much different.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:28 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
OnTrackMagazine.com has uploaded photos of DANZIG, DIMMU BORGIR and MOONSPELL taken at the Los Angeles stop of the "Blackest of the Black" tour on November 5, 2008 at the Gibson Amphitheater. Also available is a review of the show.

http://ontrackmagazine.com/2008/11concerts/blackest.htm

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Danzig news
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:56 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
DANZIG, THROWDOWN and ATREYU are scheduled to perform at the second annual Musink tattoo convention and music festival, set to take place February 20-22, 2009 at the Orange County Fair and Exhibition Center in Costa Mesa, California. The event will feature over 200 of the world's finest tattoo artists, art exhibits, lifestyle vendors, educational seminars and skateboarding/BMX demos and more.

Musink debuted in Orange County, California in February 2008, with over 15,000 people in attendance for the three-day lifestyle event. Headliners THE USED, TIGER ARMY and METAL SKOOL were joined by 300 of the best tattoo artists from around the world.

Musink was conceived by Kat Von D — one of the most popular tattoo artists in the world and the star of the TLC show "L.A. Ink" (a top-rated show on cable network television).

The first annual nationwide Kat Von D And Samsung Mobile Musink Tattoo And Music Festival — which was scheduled to launch January 30, 2009 and traverse 25 major cities in the United States for six weeks — was cancelled earlier this month due to the current economic climate. The tour was slated to feature SOCIAL DISTORTION and MOTÖRHEAD, along with renowned tattoo artists from around the world, including Musink co-producer Kat Von D. "I'm sad that this year's festival will not go on as planned, but I'd rather the fans not be disappointed, as there were key elements that did not come together as originally designed," Kat Von D said in a statement.

For more information, visit Musink.org

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
DANZIG has scheduled the following dates:

Feb. 21 - Ventura Theater - Ventura, CA
Feb. 22 - Orange County Fair & Expo Center – Costa Mesa, CA (Musink Tattoo Convention & Music Festival)
Feb. 23 - House Of Blues - San Diego, CA

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
DANZIG will perform at the Fun Fun Fun Fest on November 8 at Waterloo Park in Austin, Texas. This will be one of only two shows DANZIG will play for the rest of 2009. Other acts scheduled to appear at the two-day event include COALESCE, D.R.I., TORCHE and GORILLA BISCUITS.

For more information, go to this location.
http://www.funfunfunfest.com/

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
DANZIG will perform at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey on December 26. Tickets go on sale on Friday, September 25.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:46 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
James Greene, Jr., a freelance music writer from Brooklyn, New York, reports that legendary hard rock drummer Chuck Biscuits, whose lengthy résumé included stints in such flagship underground acts as BLACK FLAG and SOCIAL DISTORTION, died Saturday (October 24) after a prolonged battle with throat cancer. He was 44 years old.

"In response to the inquires, thank you for all the support," an anonymous family member wrote in an e-mail sent yesterday morning. "Chuck did not survive his battle with throat cancer. He passed surrounded by his family on 10/24/09."

Chuck Biscuits was probably best known to the general populous for his work with DANZIG. Beginning in 1988, Chuck played on that group's first four albums, which are often hailed as DANZIG's best (thanks in no small part to Chuck's powerful drumming style). The percussionist also appeared on 1993's "Thrall: Demonsweatlive" EP; that release yielded an unexpected chart-burning hit for DANZIG in "Mother" a song the band originally included on their self-titled debut.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:02 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
RIP Chuck... :B

A legendary drummer for some legendary NYC punk acts.

:BB Ball & Chain

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:12 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Correction: Chuck Biscuits is alive.

Nick Patch of The Canadian Press reports: The founder of Vancouver punk group D.O.A. says that his former drummer, Chuck Biscuits, is alive and well and Internet reports of his death are part of a "cruel hoax."

Joe Keithley told The Canadian Press on Friday that the drummer's brother contacted him and confirmed that Biscuits is indeed alive.

"He's well and alive, so that's good news," Keithley said on the line from his Vancouver office.

Several major news outlets in Canada, the United States and Britain reported Thursday that Biscuits had died of throat cancer.

The reports seem to have originated from a single blog post written by New York freelance writer James Greene Jr., who has since claimed that he was duped by an anonymous emailer.

"I'm sorry I unknowingly spread this horrible lie," Greene blogged Friday. "I apologize to the world, Chuck's family, Chuck's friends, and especially Chuck."

Biscuits was the original drummer for metal band DANZIG, and also performed with L.A. hardcore innovators BLACK FLAG and SOCIAL DISTORTION.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:46 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Wow. In everyone's rush to get a scoop, nobody bothered to check if the guy still had a pulse... :roll:

:BB Ring Of Fire

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
DANZIG has been confirmed for next year's Sweden Rock Festival, set to take place June 9-12, 2010 in Sölvesborg in southern Sweden.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:17 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
DANZIG has been confirmed for the 2010 edition of the Sauna Open Air festival, set to take place June 11-12 at Eteläpuisto in Tampere, Finland. Also scheduled to appear are ANVIL, GRAVE DIGGER, KISS and RATT.

More acts will be added soon.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top