Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Danzig news
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
DANZIG has set "Deth Red Sabaoth" as the title of its new album, tentatively due this spring. Drummer Johnny Kelly (TYPE O NEGATIVE, SEVENTH VOID) and Tommy Victor (PRONG, MINISTRY) will appear on most of the tracks, according to a posting on DANZIG's official web site.

Although Johnny Kelly has been performing live with DANZIG off and on since 2002, this will mark the first time he has recorded with the band. Tommy Victor, of course, played guitar on 2004's "Circle Of Snakes" album.

The CD will feature a song called "Long Dark Road", which is decribed by Glenn as "very creepy and echo-y. It's like an old kind of '50s-ish kind of song. I've been having in my head probably for about six, seven, eight years. I haven't gotten around to recording it, and I recorded it, so it's pretty cool."

In other news, DANZIG has been confirmed for this year's KUPD U-Fest, set to take place April 24 in Phoenix, Arizona.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
For every Glenn Danzig fan who was dying to know the lyrics to all the DANZIG, MISFITS and SAMHAIN songs — tracks that never had their "dark verses" printed — well, wait no more. A book of Glenn Danzig's song lyrics, illustrated by longtime Danzig collaborator and friend Simon Bisley, has finally been made available via the Verotik web site. Each song gets its own illustration by Bisley, who has painted many album covers for Danzig, including the latest CD, "The Lost Tracks Of Danzig", and ex-MISFITS member Doyle Von Frankenstein's solo project GORGEOUS FRANKENSTEIN (which Glenn produced).

"Hidden Lyrics Of The Left Hand" can be ordered at this location.

http://www.danzig-verotik.com/verotik/news.html

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The charismatic and complex singer/songwriter Glenn Danzig is set to unleash his first new DANZIG studio album in six years. "Deth Red Sabaoth", produced by Glenn and recorded in Los Angeles over the course of 2009, will be released on June 22, 2010 (Evilive/The End Records).

The 11-track collection, penned by Danzig, is laced with Glenn's lycanthropic growls and blues-infected wailing. Tracks including "Black Candy", "The Revengeful" and "On A Wicked Night" emit a spectral glow to rival the highest points in Danzig's colossal discography. Part I of the exquisite two-part "Pyre of Souls" opens with acoustic guitar, haunting piano, Glenn's plainsong vocal, and an almost dirge-like feel; Part II explodes with electric guitars and a driving, mesmerizing cadence.

"I think that fans will really dig this new album," said Glenn. "I've been told several times that the album has a cool vitality to it, that it sounds energized, and I got that feeling when I was recording it. I wanted to have an organic sound, bigger and thicker, so I went out and bought some 1970's Kustom tuck 'n roll bass amps to play some of the guitar parts through. You'll hear real reverb, real tremolo on this album, which sounds completely different than the stuff that's done with computer chips."

Joining Glenn in the studio for the recording of "Deth Red Sabaoth" were guitarist Tommy Victor (PRONG, MINISTRY), a Danzig cohort on and off since 1996, and drummer Johnny Kelly (TYPE O NEGATIVE, SEVENTH VOID). While Kelly has toured with Glenn intermittently since 2002, this is the first time he has recorded with the band. Glenn handled the bass chores for most the album, and played drums on "Black Candy".

As with all of Danzig's releases, the CD cover artwork for "Deth Red Sabaoth" (see below) is provocative and ominous. The cover is an original piece created specifically for the CD by the award-winning artist Joe Chiodo, whose work has graced not only Danzig's Verotik publishing line, but also the covers of numerous graphic novels and comic books, including X-Men Unlimited. "Deth Red Sabaoth" isn't the first time one of Chiodo's paintings has been part of a Danzig package — one of his erotic "good girl" pinups was part of 2007's "The Lost Tracks of Danzig".

DANZIG — Glenn, guitarist Tommy Victor, drummer Johnny Kelly and bassist Steve Zing (also an original member of SAMHAIN with Glenn) — plan to tour extensively to support "Deth Red Sabaoth"; dates will be announced shortly.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
And I thought "Demonsweatlive" was a typo... :?

:BB "Lucifuge"

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:02 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
:lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
DANZIG mainman Glenn Danzig has scheduled two in-store signing sessions for his "Hidden Lyrics Of The Left Hand" book with illustrations by Simon Bisley.

The details are as follows:

April 24 - Atomic Comics Superstore - Mesa, AZ (2-4 p.m.)
May 02 - Golden Apple - Hollywood, CA

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:57 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Joining DANZIG for the East Coast shows will be GORGEOUS FRANKENSTEIN, the band led original MISFITS member Doyle, as well as SEVENTH VOID, the group featuring DANZIG/TYPE O NEGATIVE drummer Johnny Kelly and TYPE O guitarist Kenny Hickey.

The West Coast support acts will be announced shortly.

DANZIG tour dates:

June 15 - Norva, Norfolk, VA
June 16 - The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC
June 18 - Nokia Theatre, New York, NY
June 19 - Trocadero Theatre, Philadelphia, PA
June 21 - House of Blues, Boston, MA
June 24 - Knitting Factory, Boise, ID
June 25 - Knitting Factory, Reno, NV
June 26 - Nokia, Los Angeles, CA
June 27 - Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA

A pre-sale for all nine dates began this morning (Saturday, May 8) at 10:00 a.m. (in all time zones). All fans have to do is log on to Ticketmaster.com and type in "Danzig." Everything they'll need to know to purchase tickets will be there on the site.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:02 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Your WTF Danzig-related news of the day:

"Henry & Glenn", the new fictional minicomic by art collective Igloo Tornado, stars super-notorious musclebound punk/metaldudes Glenn Danzig and Henry Rollins (neither one of whom is gay in real life) in a loving, committed relationship. The premise of the fantasy, unauthorized comic is explained at the front of the 'zine: "Henry and Glenn are very good 'friends.' They are also 'roommates.' Daryl and John live next door. They are Satanists. What follows is ultra-metal violence and cryfest diary entries, cringing self-doubt and mega-hilarious emo-meltdowns. Who knew Danzig was such a vulnerable, self-conscious sweetie-pie? Who knew Rollins was such a caring spouse? Who knew Hall and Oates were so infernally evil — yet so considerate? Well, illustrating/writing team Igloo Tornado (featuring super-awesome comixdude Tom Neely) did and they kicked down 64 fully-illustrated pages with it. Genius on all fronts. Terrifyingly cute. Cutely terrifying. As the real-life Rollins says, quoted on the back cover, 'Has Glenn seen this? Trust me, he would not be impressed.'"

For more information, visit the Microcosm Publishing web site.

http://microcosmpublishing.com/catalog/zines/3174/

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:15 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
As the real-life Rollins says, quoted on the back cover, 'Has Glenn seen this? Trust me, he would not be impressed.'"

My understanding is that Mr. D has quite a bit of "angst" about certain things... so Henry probably is being 100% honest here. :gig:

:BB Mother (Issues)

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Glenn Danzig will make an appearance at the Rue Morgue Festival Of Fear, set to take place August 27-29, 2010 in the South Building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The Rue Morgue Festival Of Fear is Canada's largest horror expo, attracting an average of 40,000-plus fans to the heart of downtown Toronto over three days in August. This powerhouse event is an extravaganza of celebrity guests, autograph signings, parties, question-and-answer sessions, seminars and workshops, and a colossal selection of movies and movie memorabilia, including books, comic books, toys, video games, trading cards, posters, anime, manga, and tons more.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:36 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
A special Internet pre-sale has now launched at Ticketmaster.com and is ongoing through Thursday, May 13. During this Internet pre-sale, fans who purchase a ticket can also purchase a special, limited-edition DANZIG 7" vinyl single with two brand new songs — "On a Wicked Night", the first single from the new album, and "The Revengeful".

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:43 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Sam McPheeters of Vice Magazine recently conducted an interview with Glenn Danzig. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Vice Magazine: I've read that you're going to slow down on touring some because you don't want to deal with the downtime that comes on the road.

Danzig: After the 2005 Blackest of the Black tour, I stopped touring. Then I said, "Well, I'll do local shows, because I don't have to sit on a bus for fucking three days between shows, doing nothing." I'm a workaholic, and so I've always got to be doing stuff. When you're on the bus, you can't do shit. You're not at home, you don't have all your shit.

Vice Magazine: But I guess you then got tired of not touring…

Danzig: I love playing live, so I started out again with a couple local shows. Then we put together a West Coast run and I flew home after every two or three shows. And then we tried this thing where we flew out to the East Coast, did four shows, I flew home, and then we started a West Coast run that went out to Denver for two and a half weeks, and every two or three days I flew home. It worked out OK, so in 2008 we did a Blackest run where I flew home every few days. That didn't bug me, so we'll try a full tour this time. I'm going to try the flying-home thing and see how it works.

Vice Magazine: That implies that you had decades of not doing that, of being on tour and dealing with the constraints of tour time. I've known so many touring musicians who surrendered to the downtime, who would let their natural rhythms go to hell and sleep until three, not exercise, not read, not do any of the things they'd do at home...

Danzig: I try to work out, but a lot of hotels don't have gyms anymore, so I always try to find a local gym where there's not a ton of 'roid-heads, 'cause I can't stand them. It's tough. I read a lot, so that helps.

Vice Magazine: Do you ever have problems with your energy levels?

Danzig: No.

Vice Magazine: What's your secret?

Danzig: I don't know. I don't eat shit food. I don't do drugs. I don't know what else to tell you.

Vice Magazine: I'm 40. I don't do any of those things. I eat salad for lunch. And I wake up almost every day feeling like a wet bag of sand.

Danzig: Salad is terrible if you put creamy crap on it.

Vice Magazine: It's low-fat creamy crap!

Danzig: There's no such thing.

Vice Magazine: So you have nothing to share, nothing to impart to those of us who are rapidly turning into jiggly piles of goo? It seems like it happens quick.

Danzig: Uh, do you work out at all?

Vice Magazine: Not every day.

Danzig: You don't need to do it every day. Diet is really important and I think vitamins are really important also. Maybe you want to go to a nutritionist and find out what your body is lacking and what it's not lacking. And I don't mean a fucking quack, chemo, murdering doctor. I mean a nutritionist, who evaluates your blood and tells you what you're deficient in and what you're not deficient in.

Vice Magazine: Those are all good things to know, but they're no surprise. You don't have any one thing that…

Danzig: If I can help it, I don't go to modern doctors.

Vice Magazine: How come?

Danzig: They're full of shit.

Vice Magazine: Across the board? All of Western medicine?

Danzig: Pretty much. If you had cancer would you get chemo? You'd be dead in a week.

Vice Magazine: I wouldn't be dead in a week!

Danzig: Bet you. [laughs]

Vice Magazine: What would you bet me? Let's make this interesting.

Danzig: I wouldn't bet you anything, because in a week, even if you live, you're not going to live that much longer! Chemo radiation will kill you, and it's not the way to heal your body from cancer. You need to make your body stronger. Your body has natural things that fight off diseases. Cancer is just cells deteriorating more rapidly than your body can heal and fight it. So you have to find out what that imbalance is. Doctors are too busy writing scrips that they get kickbacks on and charging you hundreds of thousands of dollars for chemo.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:24 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Paging Dr. Danzig... :gig:

:BB How The Gods Kill

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:15 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"On a Wicked Night", a brand new song from DANZIG, will have its worldwide premiere this weekend on Full Metal Jackie's syndicated metal radio program.

To find a radio station near you airing the show, go to this location.
http://fullmetaljackieradio.com/

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:59 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
As if nine special tour dates to usher in the release of "Deth Red Sabaoth" wasn't enough, the DANZIG June concerts trek just got even better. "Deth Red Sabaoth" will be released on June 22, but those fans who have a ticket to any of the East Coast dates scheduled prior to June 22 will be able to buy the new album at the show, before it's available in stores. But wait, there's more — those who purchase "Deth Red Sabaoth" at one of these special DANZIG shows will also receive — as long as they last — a collector's edition CD single with two versions of the album's first single, "On A Wicked Night", complete with exclusive artwork. Only a limited number of the CD singles will be available, so once they're gone, they're gone.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next