Login |  Register

Post subject: Marky Ramone / Blitzkrieg
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:35 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
MARKY RAMONE'S BLITZKRIEG, the band led by former RAMONES drummer Marky Ramone, will release its first song with vocalist Michale Graves (ex-MISFITS), "When We Were Angels", in January through iTunes. The track made its debut last week on Matt Pinfield and Leslie Fram's morning show on 101.9 WRXP in New York City. Marky has also been playing the song on his program on Sirius XM satellite radio.

You can ring in 2010 with Marky Ramone, special guest DJ of the night, at the Hudson Hotel in New York City on West 58th St. Marky will be spinning tunes in the RAMONES fashion from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. EST.

Marky Ramone is best known for the 15 years he spent drumming for the legendary RAMONES. Marky appeared in the cult classic film "Rock n Roll High School" in 1979, performed over 1700 shows and recorded over 15 albums (studio, live) with the RAMONES. In 2002, Marky and his bandmates became the first punk rock ensemble to be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Marky's radio show on Sirius XM satellite radio was rated the #2 show on the Faction channel in 2009. Also appearing on various TV shows (including Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" and IFC's "Z Rock"), Marky shows no signs of slowing down as he continues to tour the world with his new band, MARKY RAMONE'S BLITZKRIEG, also featuring Michale Graves (ex-MISFITS) on vocals, Alex Kane on guitar and Clare B on bass. The band plays all the classics that lead to Marky's induction into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame!

For more information, go to www.myspace.com/markyramone

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Marky Ramone / Blitzkrieg
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:52 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Marky Ramone, legendary drummer for the RAMONES, will perform a special all-star fund-raising concert on Friday, October 8, 2010 at 8 p.m. in the Musicians Institute Concert Hall in Hollywood, California. The show is a benefit for the newly created Marky Ramone Drum Scholarship for Musicians Institute in Hollywood, California.

"I am very honored to be chosen as an artist for the scholarship program. Music for kids is very important to have," explains Marky.

General-admission seats (festival seating) are $30, VIP seating is $45 (guaranteed first three rows), $99 VIP Backstage (first three rows seating guaranteed; backstage pass; after-show meet-and-greet; special Marky Ramone gift bag).

Walk-up (day of show): General-admission seats (festival seating) are $35, VIP seating is $50 (guaranteed first three rows), VIP Backstage not available.

Musicians Institute Concert Hall
1655 N. McCadden Place
Hollywood, CA 90028

For tickets, visit Ticketweb.com.

Marky Ramone is best known for the 15 years he spent drumming for the RAMONES, which is often cited as the first punk-rock group. Marky is the only living member of the longest-running RAMONES lineup, which featured Johnny, Joey, Dee Dee and Marky. He has performed over 1,700 shows and has more than 15 album releases under his belt as a member of the RAMONES.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:39 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The legendary drummer for the RAMONES, Marky Ramone, will perform a special all-star concert as benefit for the newly created Marky Ramone Drum Scholarship for Musicians Institute on Friday, October 8 at the Musicians Institute Concert Hall at the Musicians Institute in Hollywood, California. He will be joined at the event by Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD), Billy Sheehan (MR. BIG, DAVID LEE ROTH), Michale Graves (MISFITS), Jeff Duncan (ARMORED SAINT), Marko DeSantis (SUGARCULT) and Andy Hilfiger (bassologist, fashion .). You will hear the music that defined many generations and inspired many bands.

Marky's setlist is comprised of 31 RAMONES songs such as "Sedated", "K.K.K.", "Psychotherapy", "Blitzkreig Bop", "Pinhead" and more.

"I am much honored to be chosen as an artist for the scholarship program. Music for kids is very important to have," explains Marky.

100 percent of the event proceeds will fund the newly created Marky Ramone Drum Scholarship for Musicians Institute.

Online advance sale: General-admission seats (festival seating) are $30, VIP seating is $45 (guaranteed first 3 rows), $99 VIP Backstage (first three rows seating guaranteed; Backstage Pass; after-show meet-and-greet; special Marky Ramone gift bag).

Go to Ticketweb.com to buy tickets.

Walk-up (day of show): General-admission seats (festival seating) are $35, VIP seating is $50 (guaranteed first 3 rows), VIP Backstage not available.

1655 N. McCadden Place
Hollywood, CA 90028

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:46 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Bassist James Lomenzo (MEGADETH, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, WHITE LION) will replace Billy Sheehan (MR. BIG, DAVID LEE ROTH) at the special all-star benefit concert for the newly created Marky Ramone Drum Scholarship for Musicians Institute on Friday, October 8 at the Musicians Institute Concert Hall at the Musicians Institute in Hollywood, California. Sheehan regrets that he must pull out of the event due to unforeseen commitments in Europe and sends his apologies to all. "I'm a real big fan of the RAMONES and this was unexpected. Good luck on this amazing concert!" he said. Also newly confirmed for the event are Todd Morse from THE OFFSPRING and Billy Close, punk-bass extraordinaire and a founding member of THE FREEZE (East Coast punk band).

The following musicians were previously confirmed to perform at the concert: Wayne Static (STATIC-X), Joey Vera (ARMORED SAINT, FATES WARNING), Mike Stone (ex-QUEENSRŸCHE, PETER CRISS), Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD), Michale Graves (MISFITS), Jeff Duncan (ARMORED SAINT), Marko DeSantis (SUGARCULT) and Andy Hilfiger (bassologist, fashion .). You will hear the music that defined many generations and inspired many bands.

Marky's setlist is comprised of 31 RAMONES songs such as "Sedated", "K.K.K.", "Psychotherapy", "Blitzkreig Bop", "Pinhead" and more.

"I am much honored to be chosen as an artist for the scholarship program. Music for kids is very important to have," explains Marky.

100 percent of the event proceeds will fund the newly created Marky Ramone Drum Scholarship for Musicians Institute.

Online advance sale: General-admission seats (festival seating) are $30, VIP seating is $45 (guaranteed first 3 rows), $99 VIP Backstage (first three rows seating guaranteed; Backstage Pass; after-show meet-and-greet; special Marky Ramone gift bag).

Go to Ticketweb.com to buy tickets.

Walk-up (day of show): General-admission seats (festival seating) are $35, VIP seating is $50 (guaranteed first 3 rows), VIP Backstage not available.

1655 N. McCadden Place
Hollywood, CA 90028

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:55 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
I hate it when they recycle band names like that... :x

Blitzkrieg is taken. Pick something else. :lol:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top