Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Journey news
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:24 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
JOURNEY singer Arnel Pineda has been diagnosed with severe laryngeal and esophageal inflammation and is under doctor's orders not to perform for the next week.

The following JOURNEY concerts with special guests PAT BENETAR and LOVERBOY are being postponed:

Nov. 08 - Ford Center - Evansville, IN
Nov. 10 - Van Andel Arena - Grand Rapids, Michigan
Nov. 11 - Allen County War Memorial Coliseum - Fort Wayne, IN
Nov. 13 - iWireless Center - Moline, IL
Nov. 14 - Tyson Center - Sioux City, IA

The tour will resume on Friday, November 16 at BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Tickets for the above-mentioned postponed concerts will be honored for the new shows, which will be rescheduled for January/February 2013. Refunds can be obtained at point of purchase.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:56 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
JOURNEY singer Arnel Pineda has been diagnosed with severe laryngeal and esophageal inflammation and is under doctor's orders not to perform for the next week.

It's God's punishment for trying to sing like Steve Perry.

:BB "The Westboro Baptist Church"

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:57 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Neal Schon of JOURNEY is joining the PRS family of artists with two distinct signature models: the NS-14 and NS-15. Neal was intimately involved in the design of nearly every aspect of these instruments… from the stylized f-holes to the hardware details.

The NS-14 is a completely new PRS design incorporating a 14" semi-hollow singlecut body with a new neck joint designed to allow greater access to the higher frets. The NS-15 is a thinline hollowbody based on the Neal Schon limited edition Private Stock guitar offered in early 2012. A portion of Neal's signature tone comes from his long-standing use of Floyd Rose tremolo systems. The NS-14 and NS-15 add a Floyd Rose to the PRS Core line for the first time.

"The new NS-14 and NS-15 PRS guitars are on the cutting edge of now," says Schon in a press release. "I love everything about them. I had the pleasure in helping in the creation of these beauties and I love the weight, sound, and ultimate playability. These are among the best guitars I've ever played. Check 'em out."

Check out these new models:

* NS-14
http://www.prsguitars.com/ns14/

* NS-15
http://www.prsguitars.com/ns15/

Paul Reed Smith Guitars is a leading manufacturer of high-quality instruments in Stevensville, Maryland and has provided some of the world's most renowned musicians with instruments since 1985. The PRS team of highly skilled craftspeople design and build a wide variety of musical instruments and gear for worldwide distribution, including electric, acoustic, and bass guitars as well as boutique-style guitar amplifiers.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Frontiers Records will release a special gatefold double-vinyl edition of iconic rock group JOURNEY's latest studio album, "Eclipse"; the vinyl album will be available for purchase at all physical and online outlets in North America beginning January 22.

Produced by acclaimed producer and longtime JOURNEY collaborator Kevin Shirley (LED ZEPPELIN, RUSH, AEROSMITH), "Eclipse" is JOURNEY's 14th studio album and was originally released in the United States on May 24, 2011 exclusively at Walmart. "Eclipse", the second JOURNEY album with lead singer Arnel Pineda, debuted at No. 13 on The Billboard 200 Album chart and includes the tracks "City Of Hope" and "Resonate"; both songs were Top 10 radio hits at classic rock radio, with "City Of Hope" reaching No. 4 and "Resonate" climbing to No. 8. USA Today declared "JOURNEY fans... will love 'Eclipse'," while Classic Rock Revisited wrote "JOURNEY delivers a bombastic guitar-oriented album...it is the most adventurous, creative and powerful album they have made..."

JOURNEY just wrapped a highly successful five-month North American tour and is gearing up for its first-ever tour of Australia, followed by a return to Southeast Asia and Europe.

Since its formation in 1973 in San Francisco, JOURNEY has earned 19 Top 40 singles and 25 gold and platinum albums. The band's "Greatest Hits" album is certified 15 times platinum, bringing JOURNEY into the elite club of diamond-certified album holders. JOURNEY was awarded the prestigious "Legend Of Live Award" at the 2011 Billboard Touring Awards in honor of the band's significant and lasting contributions to live music and the touring business, and in acknowledgement of their commitment to the fans and the art of performing live. The 2011 "Eclipse" world tour was one of the band's most successful tours ever, drawing nearly a million fans and ranked in the Top 15 Tours of the year. 2011 also marked the 30th anniversary of the band's seminal anthem "Don't Stop Believin'", which was honored as the top-selling digital classic rock song in history by Nielsen SoundScan. The group received a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame in 2005.

"Eclipse" vinyl track listing:

LP1 - Side One

01. City Of Hope
02. Edge Of The Moment
03. Chain Of Love

LP1 - Side Two

01. Tantra
02. Anything Is Possible
03. Resonate

LP2 - Side One

01. She's A Mystery
02. Human Feel
03. Ritual

LP2 - Side Two

01. To Whom It May Concern
02. Someone
03. Venus

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:55 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse Of Radio, JOURNEY's recording days might be a thing of the past. Due to shifting audiences and the general nature of the music business, keyboardist Jonathan Cain thinks that maybe the band is done releasing new music. JOURNEY's last studio album, "Eclipse", was released in May 2011. The Walmart exclusive debuted on The Billboard 200 album chart at No. 13 — eight spots lower than the band's previous album, 2008's "Revelation" — which also went on to hit No. 1 on Billboard's Top Independent Albums chart.

Jonathan Cain told The Pulse Of Radio that the pressing need for new JOURNEY music has seemed to fade. "Y'know, we're not convinced the market will bear another CD from us, y'know?" he said. "And it's so much work to make one. Y'know, maybe we get a soundtrack shot with a movie. And the last album we made was a departure. It was Neil [Schon's] 'I wanna do one this way once' — and so we did. Y'know, we did a heavy, rock n' roll record. And it kinda wasn't received very well here in the States and they kinda liked it in Europe and that's kinda what I thought was gonna happen and it barely sold 100,000 [copies]."

Cain went on to explain that after "Eclipse" failed to score with both old fans and new converts, the entire band has had to pause and take stock of where they're at creatively.

"After all that time and money, y'know, what are we doing here, y'know?" he said. "So, we have a great catalogue here, right now to play. We got a lot of songs that we're not even playing. So, we're like, 'What's the point of makin' a new CD right now?' Y'know, if anything, we'll make an EP."

JOURNEY will next appear on Thursday (March 7) with DEEP PURPLE in Perth, Australia.

Coming to theatres on Friday (March 8) in select cities — and available starting Saturday (March 9) on most On Demand services — is "Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey".

The film chronicles the rags-to-riches story JOURNEY's current Steve Perry-sound-alike lead singer, Arnel Pineda, from his poverty stricken days in the Philippines to fronting the band today.

Ok, retire then.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:12 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The ol' pecker-head news recap:

According to The Pulse Of Radio, JOURNEY guitarist Neal Schon has filed a defamation suit against his former mother-in-law, Judy Kozan. TMZ.com reported that the suit claims that Kozan — the mother of Schon's former wife, Amber Schon, whom he divorced in 2007 — has "attacked and harassed" him on the Internet for years, and specifies that Kozan published a blog article in January 2013 slamming Neal for not supporting his ex-wife and children. According to the suit, Kozan accused the JOURNEY co-founder of "of not paying her daughter enough money to support herself -- letting their two little girls 'go homeless,' putting his ex 'in a situation where she literally has no money for food, gas for the car, bills, nothing.'"

Neal Schon is suing for $1.3 million citing that his former mother-in-law's online posts have damaged his reputation leading some reports labeling him a "deadbeat dad." Since the suit, Kozan has backtracked, replacing the posts with a blog entry claiming the "deadbeat dad" reports are false.

Last October, Schon proposed to girlfriend Michaele Salahi during JOURNEY's concert in Baltimore, Maryland.

Prior to hooking up with the JOURNEY co-founder, Salahi was best known for crashing a White House party with estranged husband Tareq Salahi, and a stint on Bravo's "The Real Housewives Of D.C."

In February 2012, Tareq Salahi sued the couple for $50 million along with $450,000 in punitive damages. The suit, which was eventually thrown out of court, alleged that Michaele had been living a double life with Schon for years, and set out with Schon to humiliate and defame Tareq.

The suit came a day after JOURNEY's video "Resonate" was released, showing the couple wrapped around each other in passionate embraces.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Cain went on to explain that after "Eclipse" failed to score with both old fans and new converts, the entire band has had to pause and take stock of where they're at creatively.

"After all that time and money, y'know, what are we doing here, y'know?" he said. "So, we have a great catalogue here, right now to play. We got a lot of songs that we're not even playing. So, we're like, 'What's the point of makin' a new CD right now?' Y'know, if anything, we'll make an EP."

Ok, retire then.

Or just continue to do what you've been doing for years... Touring behind 30 year old hits that are really what most of their fans want to see anyway.

:BB Isn't It Time

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:15 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
The ol' pecker-head news recap:

According to The Pulse Of Radio, JOURNEY guitarist Neal Schon has filed a defamation suit against his former mother-in-law, Judy Kozan. TMZ.com reported that the suit claims that Kozan — the mother of Schon's former wife, Amber Schon, whom he divorced in 2007 — has "attacked and harassed" him on the Internet for years, and specifies that Kozan published a blog article in January 2013 slamming Neal for not supporting his ex-wife and children. According to the suit, Kozan accused the JOURNEY co-founder of "of not paying her daughter enough money to support herself -- letting their two little girls 'go homeless,' putting his ex 'in a situation where she literally has no money for food, gas for the car, bills, nothing.'"

Neal Schon is suing for $1.3 million citing that his former mother-in-law's online posts have damaged his reputation leading some reports labeling him a "deadbeat dad." Since the suit, Kozan has backtracked, replacing the posts with a blog entry claiming the "deadbeat dad" reports are false.

Well, if bad-mouthing him on the WWW is grounds for his lawsuits... I think we may all be defendants. :lol:

Of course, in fairness, most people aren't expected to continue to support their adult children and ex-wives indefinitely... It sounds like his ex might want to stop blogging and instead write a book chronicling all his dickhead behavior and infidelity while they were married. It's only slander if it's not true. :wink:

:BB Stone In Love

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:57 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
JOURNEY guitarist Neal Schon is never far away from questions about his old bandmate Steve Perry. He admits the two haven't spoken since 2005 — though, at the same time, there are no lingering animosities, either.

"You know what? I say nice things about him, and he says nice things about me," Schon tells Paul Cashmere of Noise11. "I think, all in all, I have ultimate respect for the man, and the voice that he has. I wish him the best, but we haven't quite gotten around to speaking since we received the Hollywood Walk Of Fame star."

Schon last year said that the only way to see Steve Perry back on stage with JOURNEY would be alongside current vocalist, sound-alike Arnel Pineda. Schon, keyboardist Jonathan Cain, and Pineda spoke to The Huffington Post to publicize the documentary "Don't Stop Believin'': Everyman's Journey", which premiered at New York City's Tribeca Film Festival, and talked candidly about what it would take to have Steve Perry ever rejoin JOURNEY, with Schon saying, "I don't think there's any way not to have Arnel at this point. Who can say never? You can never say it's never going to happen. Maybe ten years from now? Six years? Who knows? But if that situation ever came up, I think it would be the both of them. And I think it would be at the point where it's a farewell tour. . . and we're done. That's the only appropriate way to go about it."

He recalled the search to find Pineda after going through two frontmen following Perry's departure. Schon explained, "We needed someone to really nail our catalog. I looked for a couple of days, non-stop on YouTube. It was a different way to go about it, instead of flying people in from all over the world. I looked and looked for like two days, and Arnel popped up at the last minute in a link. I heard the voice and went, 'He's got the high tenor voice.' I realized he was very, very strong and covered a lot of area."

Jonathan Cain added that there's a difference between being a straight mimic and doing what Pineda does. "He's not a tribute band singer," Cain said. "The tribute band singers are scary because they are kind of clones, you know? We did have a guy that we looked at, but he was so much like Steve Perry, it was crazy. It was too creepy. But, it was kind of neat to get next to that and see it for a second. A lot of these tribute guys, they can sing the old stuff, but, you try to put a new song in their mouth and they can't do it."

Pineda was asked if he's ever met Steve Perry. "No, but I've been wanting to," he said. "I hope I can sing with him, you know, side by side. If he would welcome that. That would be awesome. I think, especially the hardcore fans, they would love it."

Steve Perry, who over the years co-wrote such JOURNEY classics with Neal Schon as "Don't Stop Believin'", "Stone In Love", "Lights" and "Any Way You Want It", told The Pulse Of Radio that during the band's heyday, Neal Schon had uncut gems flowing from his fingers. "It was challenging, because Neal Schon is a goldmine of potential ideas and he doesn't know, really, which are the best or not — 'cause they're all interesting to him," he said. "But in come my set of ears and he'd play stuff and I'd hear melodies, I'd say, 'Wait, what was that?!' And (he'd say) 'Oh, I don't know, it's just 'diddle-a doh' over this with a fifth. . .' I'd say, 'I don't care what you call it — what was that?' 'I don't know, it's just an idea I came up with last night.' I'd say, 'Well, why don't you keep playing that for a second while I come up with a melody?'"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:39 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Pineda was asked if he's ever met Steve Perry. "No, but I've been wanting to," he said. "I hope I can sing with him, you know, side by side. If he would welcome that. That would be awesome. I think, especially the hardcore fans, they would love it."

Despite them insisting he's not a clone, I don't think they flew some 20 year-old kid halfway around the world from the PI because he didn't sound like Perry. :lol:

I saw them back in '09 with Night Ranger. He does a very passable Perry impression from what I remember, but even he struggled with some of the super-high notes that Perry made sound so effortless. Perry is one of those few guys I would really like to see make a noteworthy comeback. It'd be interesting to see (or hear, to be accurate) if he could still hit the notes. Even more so, he disappeared so completely from the music scene... and I think there's an entire generation of younger music fans that may know a few of their hits from the radio, but really have no idea how great a truly talented vocalist can sound in that genre. Let's face it... Who in the hell in today's radio-friendly rock scene today (if there even is such a thing) can hold a candle to Steve Perry? Today's kids wouldn't know what to do with a band of the caliber of Journey when they were in their heyday.

That's one reunion show that I'd truly like to see.

Sadly, the other guy I'd put in this category would be Lou Gramm... and after finding a copy of his latest Bible rock album, it's painfully obvious that the Foreigner reunion wouldn't live up to what we'd all want to see. A shame too... Gramm was another one of the era's great talents. Even his first couple of solo albums were excellent (even if they were continuing in the pop direction the band took in the mid 80s).

I never got a chance to see either of these bands when they were in their prime. Big misses in my book.

:BB Who's Cryin' Now?

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12