Login |  Register

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:34 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
They're not bad. Better than the more or less same shit Christmas music I've been hearing for 12 years.

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Jeff Scott Soto
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:03 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Frontiers Records has set a February 20 release date for "luxury-package" reissues of the 2002 albums "Prism" and "Lost In The Translation" from legendary hard rock vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN). "Prism" will include six bonus tracks, while "Lost In Translation" will include five bonus tracks.

"Prism" bonus tracks:

01. Good Love (original Japanese bonus track, previously unreleased in Europe)
02. 2012 (original Japanese bonus track of "Essential Ballads", previously unreleased in Europe)
03. Send Her My Love
04. Again 2 Be Found (live)
05. Stand Up (live)
06. 4 U (live)

"Lost In The Translation" bonus tracks:

01. Turned The Page (original Japanese bonus track, previously unreleased in Europe)
02. As I Do 2 U
03. This Ain't The Love
04. Lonely Shade Of Blue
05. Soul Divine (acoustic) (previously unreleased)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:54 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) has issued the following statement regarding the passing of pop music legend Michael Jackson, who died yesterday (Thursday, June 25) at age 50:

"Every day the world mourns over the loss of a loved one, a relative, even a pet...but it's not every day the whole world mourns over a single person like they were a loved one or blood relative.

"On Thurday, June 25, 2009, we lost an icon, a legend, a superstar named Michael Jackson.

"I don't think there is a man, woman or child over 5 years old in the world who doesn't know the name Michael Jackson. This in itself is an achievement that is rarely attainable anymore but it shows this man was known for better or worse (in my book, always better; the negative side of his life was always something I always chose to ignore as the MUSIC blanketed this) by EVERY person in the 21st century, and he will be remembered through his music and his legend.

"Of all my childhood memories, many of them included buying my first 45 single (yes, that would be a small 8" vinyl platter called a 'record'!) of the JACKSON 5's 'I Want You Back' to standing in front of a mirror at the ripe age of 5 with a spoon in my hand, pretending it was a microphone and singing at the top of my lungs to every word little Mike was belting out. When my brother Joey and I were about 7 and 8, we would draw crowds at the local boys club of NY as the song 'Rockin' Robin' would be blasted on a record player. Joey would pound on benches/tables as they were percussive instruments while I crooned along to the alto notes of Michael's version. They called us the 'TWEET TWEET BROTHERS'. if you know the song, you'd understand why :)

"Last night, I was witnessing the birth of a new supergroup, an amazing incarnation called CHICKENFOOT (featuring the eternally youthful Sammy Hagar, the baddest bass pounder Michael Anthony, the untouchable Joe Satriani and the mischievous Chad Smith) performing in London — an energetic and amazing evening — only to be flattened by the news of what was happening in Los Angeles simultaneously.... A night to remember indeed!

"Today and forever, I celebrate the music and the influence of Michael Jackson.

"Long live the King Of Pop, long live one of my few mentors of the mic.

"RIP, Michael!"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:39 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Well said. :tup

:BB Off The Wall

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:51 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Greece's DANGER ANGEL will release its self-titled debut album on January 12 via the Houston-based label Perris Records. The CD will feature a guest appearance by legendary singer Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JOURNEY, AXEL RUDI PELL).

Formed in 2006 in Athens, Greece, DANGER ANGEL's ineup is as follows:

Jimmy Cage - Vocals
Ethan Chionos - Guitar
Spiros Foussekis - Guitar
Antonis Venieris - Drums
Rudy Rallis - Bass
George "AHAS" Lignos - Keyboards

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:56 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Frontiers Records will release a new live DVD and CD by legendary vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, W.E.T.) in December. Entitled "One Night in Madrid", the set was filmed at Sala Heineken in Madrid on April 18, 2009 in front of an intimate and enthusiastic audience. Jeff pulled no punches and performed an exhilarating show featuring tracks from many of his albums as well as showcasing new songs from "Beautiful Mess", including "Mountain", "Testify", "Our Song", "Hey", "Broken Man" and the wonderful "Gin & Tonic Sky". This is the complete show, with a DVD packed full of extras, including all of Jeff's solo videos, a special tribute to his dear friend Marcel Jacob (TALISMAN) and loads of tour footage in the form of "Goofballs!". In addition to the DVD, a double CD is also available.

Frontiers Records has set a November 6 European release date (November 24 in the U.S.) for the self-titled debut album from W.E.T. as a special CD/DVD package.

Featuring the immense talents of Jeff Scott Soto; guitarist/songwriter Erik Martensson (ECLIPSE) and keyboardist Robert Sall (WORK OF ART), "(W)ork of art (E)clipse (T)alisman" was written and recorded over the last 12 months and features the best elements of the three bands the principal artists have been involved in.

Frontiers Records released "Beautiful Mess", the latest solo album from Jeff Scott Soto, in the USA on April 7.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:44 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Frontiers Records will release a new live DVD and CD by legendary vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, W.E.T.) on December 4 in Europe and January 12 in the U.S. Entitled "One Night in Madrid", the set was filmed at Sala Heineken in Madrid on April 18, 2009 in front of an intimate and enthusiastic audience. Jeff pulled no punches and performed an exhilarating show featuring tracks from many of his albums as well as showcasing new songs from "Beautiful Mess", including "Mountain", "Testify", "Our Song", "Hey", "Broken Man" and the wonderful "Gin & Tonic Sky". This is the complete show, with a DVD packed full of extras, including all of Jeff's solo videos, a special tribute to his dear friend Marcel Jacob (TALISMAN) and loads of tour footage in the form of "Goofballs!". In addition to the DVD, a double CD is also available.

CD contents include:

CD1:

01. Intro
02. 21st Century
03. Colour My XTC
04. Soul Divine
05. Our Song
06. Drowning
07. Edu Drum Solo
08. Funky Jam
09. Jorge Guitar Solo
10. Mountain
11. Eyes Of Love
12. Testify
13. Band Introductions
14. Broken Man

CD2:

01. Hey
02. Frozen / Crazy
03. Piano Medley: If This Is The End / Holding On / Nobody Said It Was Easy / 4 U / Just Between Us
04. Gin & Tonic Sky
05. JSS/Jorge Workshop
06. I'll Be Waiting
Encore:
07. Stand Up
08. Funky Medley: We Will Rock You / I Love Rock & Roll / Play That Funky Music / Jungle Boogie / The Roof Is On Fire / Brick House / Shake Your Booty / Kung Fu Fighting / Yo Baby Yo / Macho Man / The Right Stuff / Ice Ice Baby / Stayin' Alive / Another One Bites The Dust / Walk This Way

The DVD includes the full show track listing plus the following extras:

Video clips:

01. Holding On
02. Eyes Of Love
03. Believe In Me (w/ Neal Schon)
04. If This Is The End
05. 21st Century
06. Hey
07. Gin & Tonic Sky
"In Memory of Marcel Jacob" (tribute video)

The DVD will be available in NTSC Region Free format, in 5.1 mix.

Frontiers Records has set a November 6 European release date (November 24 in the U.S.) for the self-titled debut album from W.E.T. as a special CD/DVD package.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top