Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Ace Frehley
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:49 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Here's the latest:

ACE FREHLEY Records Ten New Songs, Seeks Label Home - May 25, 2007

New York radio personality and VH1 Classic VJ/host Eddie Trunk has posted the following message in his blog:

"Stopped by and visited my old friend Ace Frehley last night [Thursday, May 24] at the [New York City] studio where he is now mixing his upcoming CD. Ace is doing so well, is totally healthy and just in a great place now. I am very proud of him. Ace has recorded 10 new songs so far and is completing three to use as a demo for now. I can tell you there is some strong label interest so he will no doubt have several options to release it. I heard two of the three new songs that are being finalized and I must say I was really impressed with them. It is classic-sounding Ace singing and playing. One track had a vocal from Ace that almost had a BEATLES-type vibe, but still rockin'. You will also be happy to know that Ace plays all guitar and sings all vocals. The recordings were made with a trio of Ace, Anton Fig on drums and new bassist Anthony Esposito (LYNCH MOB). The touring band will be Ace, Anthony and other players [to be announced]. Ace also told me he wrote all the songs just before going into the studio, so this is all fresh stuff. I'm really excited by the two songs I heard. It is by far the most 'KISS-like' music from any past or present member of the band's respective solo albums. We hung out for a couple hours, talked about the old days and had some Japanese food. Really fun night and was great to see him as always."

======================================

Man, I miss Ace. Some of his solo albums were hit and miss, but Trouble Walking was his best and his instrumentals kick ass. I can't wait for this and I sincerely hope that Paul's, Peter's, and Ace's solo albums all outsell Gene's Assh*le.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:56 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
What's Ace doing until his album comes out? Blabbermouth found out:

Original KISS Guitarist ACE FREHLEY Featured In DUNKIN' DONUTS TV Commercials - July 16, 2007

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley is featured in the latest television commercials from Dunkin' Donuts, the largest coffee and baked goods chain in the world. The America Runs on Dunkin' campaign features advertisements directed by screenwriter, director, producer and actor Zach Braff. Two spots within the campaign debuted today, featuring Frehley and supermodel Naomi Campbell and in support of Dunkin' Donuts Iced Tea and Iced Latte summer beverages, respectively.

Created by Hill Holiday of Boston, Massachusetts, the new multi-million-dollar campaign consists of national, regional and local television placements and will run through the end of the year.

Dunkin' Donuts' new light-hearted campaign uses the celebrities as "foils" to illuminate how Dunkin' Donuts understands and celebrates the everyday folks who make America run. Braff, who starred in, wrote and directed the critically acclaimed "Garden State", brought the campaign to life through his direction. In the spots, Campbell and Frehley are showcased attempting to do everyday tasks, juxtaposed with non-celebrity folks who upstage the celebrities and do a better job completing the tasks due to their unpretentious, down-to-earth attitude and a little help from Dunkin' Donuts products.

"By casting the celebrity in a role that pokes fun at their public persona, we are taking a unique approach with these ads," said Robert Rodriguez, Dunkin' Donuts brand president. "The celebrities have been great sports in allowing themselves to be portrayed this way, so therefore we can highlight the everyday women and men who keep this country running as celebrities in their own right."

Other celebrity spots will debut later in the year.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:58 am 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
I may watch commercials until I see this now, then go back to whatever I was doing lol.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:55 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Here's Ace's Dunkin Donuts commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl2ZzDpSrKw

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:56 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Here's the latest on Ace:

============================================

Tickets to original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley's October 31 performance at New York City's Hard Rock Caf‚Äö?Ñ??‚àö‚Ć‚àö‚àǬ¨¬®¬¨¬© as part of New York radio personality Eddie Trunk's annual listener Halloween party sold out a short time after they went on sale earlier this week.

Commented Trunk: "Well, I told you this show would sell out quick and I wasn't hyping you! I knew this would be a big deal and I've heard from people all over the world coming to see it. Really makes me proud that this sold out simply from a few mentions on my radio show one night and, of course, the info here on [my web site]. You guys rule!

Trunk added, "Spent today in NYC with Ace. We had lunch at the Hard Rock Caf‚Äö?Ñ??‚àö‚Ć‚àö‚àǬ¨¬®¬¨¬© and I showed Ace the stage and venue for the event. He's totally pumped about getting on stage and I'm already making my song requests for the set! Remember, my radio show on Q104 is the ONLY way to now get into this event! Just listen to the show the next four weeks. Anytime I play a song with Ace on it 25th caller gets free tix to this now-sold-out event.

"Ace will be on with me this Friday night and there is a chance a few more tix might be released through Ticketmaster in the coming days. I will let you know if and when this happens exclusively on this site and on the radio show."

Frehley is very happy to be back playing for the first time since his halcyon days with KISS, the band he co-founded. He's been holed up in the recording studio of late working on his upcoming solo album, due for a 2008 release. "I can't wait to get up on stage and rock 'n' roll," says Ace of the one-off show that already is garnering tremendous response.

Although information on the set and who will play with Frehley is being kept under wraps, Ace says to expect KISS classics and solo originals. The traditional costume contest, complete with prizes, will, of course, be part of the festivities.

Ace's new album was reportedly recorded with a trio of Ace, Anton Fig on drums and new bassist Anthony Esposito (LYNCH MOB). Ace's touring band will feature Ace, Anthony and other players yet to be announced.

============================================

Man, he's been working on that album for so long, he should call it Chinese Democracy! I hope if he tours, he doesn't revert back to his old tour "tendencies." I like the clean and sober Ace. I hope like hell this album outsells Gene's, but that shouldn't be to difficult.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:37 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
He now says he's aiming for a January release. 8)

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:20 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Ace just did a show somewhere ( I don't remember where, dagnabbit.) He got a lot of good reviews. Apparantly he's still sober and he was playing very well. The goatee and shades seem to work for him. He also got a good slam on Gene while he was on stage. Good for him. Just like Dio, he shouldn't always be on the receiving end from past band-mates. :)

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:25 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
Ace just did a show somewhere ( I don't remember where, dagnabbit.) He got a lot of good reviews. Apparantly he's still sober and he was playing very well. The goatee and shades seem to work for him. He also got a good slam on Gene while he was on stage. Good for him. Just like Dio, he shouldn't always be on the receiving end from past band-mates. :)

He played the Hard Rock... You just said that. :wink:

Actually, he played an unannounced show a few days prior to the Halloween show at The Chance in Poughkeepsie. Haven't heard much about how it went, though.

I saw Ace several times in Poughkeepsie back in the Frehley's Comet days... including at The Chance. Never disappointed.

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:57 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
He's "meat and potatos." He'll never be filet mignon, but he sure is filling. By "meat and potatos," I meant his song-writing. Although I have some bootleg demos from years back that almost sound as if somebody else could have wrote them. Much more melodic with some interesting bridges and stuff.

I am really interested in what this long-awaited album will sound like.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:09 am 
The Ultimate Alice Cooper Fan
Favorite Band: Dio w Viv. Van Halen w Dave.
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

Actually, he played an unannounced show a few days prior to the Halloween show at The Chance in Poughkeepsie. Haven't heard much about how it went, though.

I saw Ace several times in Poughkeepsie back in the Frehley's Comet days... including at The Chance. Never disappointed.

Things to do before I die #3022 - Rename Poughkeepsie to Cabbage Patch Kid USA. 8)

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:12 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
:?:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:52 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
Mr. Amazing wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

Things to do before I die #3022 - Rename Poughkeepsie to Cabbage Patch Kid USA. 8)

what are you drinking tonight lol

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:45 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Mr. Amazing wrote:

Hey! Don't make fun of Po-Town. That's where everyone for 50 miles has to go to get real drugs... :lol:

Great music town, though. They always managed to get HUGE acts to play the Mid-Hudson Civic Center... Don't ask me how, though.

Must've been a mob thing... :lol:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:57 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Here's Ace in the studio mixing his new album:

http://www.mcp-studios.com/mainimages/n ... ay_400.jpg

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:42 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley has scheduled a New Year's Eve show at Crocodile Rock in Allentown, Pennsylvania. His itinerary is now as follows:

Dec. 27 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA

Dec. 28 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA

Dec. 29 - The Norva - Norfolk, VA

Dec. 31 - Crocodile Rock - Allentown, PA

I used to work in Springfield. I asked a guy at work today what Jaxx was, and he said it's a place where old hair metal bands go to die. I think he meant that it's one of the few old metal clubs left in the US. I see that Blackie is bringing WASP there in January for the "Crimson Idol" tour.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next