Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ace Frehley
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:07 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
Only 1,000 copies hand-numbered copies will be made.

And only 10 will actually sell... :wink:

Had to say it. :P

:BB Rocket Ride

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:24 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Dr. Will Jones, Professor of Epiphone, talked to Music Store TV at the Musikmesse Frankfurt 2012 fair — which took place March 21-24 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany — about the Ace Frehley "Budokan" Les Paul Custom guitar. Check out the clip below.

When KISS hit the stage at Nippon Budokan in Japan in 1977 with guitarist Ace Frehley behind a Cherry Sunburst, three-pickup Les Paul Custom, the entire package — band, guitarist, guitar — embodied the height of glam-rock excess and success for the '70s. This was the ultimate marriage of pop and heavy rock, driven to meteoric heights by the record industry marketing machine, and ultimately attaining that otherworldly presence that great stadium rock should achieve: unbridled fantasy and party-hard reality rolled into one glorious explosion.

In celebration of Ace Frehley's unquestionable status as a rock icon, and the epitome of glam-rock stardom that KISS represented at this crystalline moment in time in 1977, Gibson Custom proudly announces the release of the Ace Frehley "Budokan" Les Paul Custom, produced in a strictly limited edition of 50 hand-aged guitars signed by the artist, with a further 100 hand-aged guitars, and 150 guitars treated in Gibson Custom's VOS process. Offering everything you've come to expect from Gibson Custom's artist replica guitars, the Ace Frehley "Budokan" Les Paul Custom is a painstaking recreation of Frehley's modified Les Paul Custom, based on intimate examination of the instrument's current condition.

The Ace Frehley "Budokan" Les Paul Custom has been created with close cooperation between Gibson Custom, Ace Frehley and the guitar's current owner, Matt Swanson. Digital scanning technology was used to capture every minute detail of the actual guitar.

In the image of the original Les Paul Custom, the guitar has a four-piece maple top glued to a mid-'70s "sandwich" body made from a middle and back section of solid mahogany joined by a thin maple veneer, with no chambering. The top is hand-sprayed in nitrocellulose to give it the same Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish as the original, with 150 hand-aged to match the wear of the existing guitar. The three-piece mahogany neck has been made made to match the original's thin profile. Decorative elements include mother-of-pearl block fingerboard inlays, multi-ply body and headstock binding, mother-of-pearl Gibson headstock logo and split-diamond inlay, and a cream pickguard.

To match Ace's original guitar, the Ace Frehley "Budokan" Les Paul Custom is loaded with three period-correct double-cream DiMarzio humbucking pickups — two PAF models in the neck and middle positions, and a Super Distortion in the bridge. And just like on Ace's guitar, the traditional 3-way toggle switch has been modified to only allow the use of the bridge pickup, allowing you to be able to accomplish one of Ace's most noted effects. The DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup offers searing lead tones and fat, chunky rhythm for the ultimate hard-rock performance. Hardware includes the classic pairing of chrome ABR-1 bridge and stopbar tailpiece, with Ace's choice of Grover tuners with pearloid "banjo" buttons and Dunlop straplocks to keep the guitar securely strapped on through the wildest on-stage antics. In short, the Ace Frehley "Budokan" Les Paul Custom is the ultimate embodiment of mid-'70s arena-rock balls and bluster, and it's available in strictly limited numbers. Check it out today at your authorized Gibson Custom dealer.

All guitars include a Gibson Custom hardshell case silkscreened with Ace's signature. Aged/signed guitars (limited to 50 worldwide) are all played by the artist during final approval, and include a leather-bound Certificate of Authenticity; aged guitars (100) include a leather-bound CoA, and VOS guitars (150) include a standard CoA.

For more information, visit Gibson.com

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:28 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Offering everything you've come to expect from Gibson Custom's artist replica guitars, the Ace Frehley "Budokan" Les Paul Custom is a painstaking recreation of Frehley's modified Les Paul Custom, based on intimate examination of the instrument's current condition.

If it doesn't include smoke bombs or shoot sparklers from the neck, who gives a shit? :tsk:

If it did, now THAT would be a guitar I would be interested in buying. 8)

:guitar1:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:22 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
Offering everything you've come to expect from Gibson Custom's artist replica guitars, the Ace Frehley "Budokan" Les Paul Custom is a painstaking recreation of Frehley's modified Les Paul Custom, based on intimate examination of the instrument's current condition.

If it doesn't include smoke bombs or shoot sparklers from the neck, who gives a shit? :tsk:

You'd burn your neighborhood to the ground on the first 4th of July with it. Who are we kidding? You'd burn your neighborhood to the ground on your first night with it. :flame:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:16 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

You'd burn your neighborhood to the ground on the first 4th of July with it. Who are we kidding? You'd burn your neighborhood to the ground on your first night with it. :flame:

ABSO-MOTHER-FUCKING-LUTELY! :twisted:

...but what a way to go. 8)

:BB Cities On Flame With Rock N' Roll

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:17 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley joined FLIGHT TO MARS, a UFO cover band featuring PEARL JAM lead guitarist Mike McCready, on stage on May 15 at the Casbah in San Diego, California to perform a cover version of the KISS classic "Black Diamond". Fan-filmed video footage of his appearance can be seen below.

EDIT: Tagged. ~ RH

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:49 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Stolen. :mrgreen:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:55 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Former FREHLEY'S COMET vocalist, keyboardist and guitarist Tod Howarth is preparing to release a brand new song and video, "Cold Beach". He writes on his Facebook page, "I've gotta say this (I've said it before and I will state it again). Ever since I wrote and recorded 'It's Over Now' in 1988 for FREHLEY'S COMET (originally written at Rick Nielsen's Rockford Ill condo for CHEAP TRICK to record in 1986), some music fans have thought of me as being too 'light.' I've been asked about this countless times by fans and interviewers (not their fault) and it never ceases to amaze me. I guess they don't listen to my other music. I used to be VERY dark but I can write very 'easy' songs, or any type really as I am a songwriter, melody man first and foremost. I can play leads, but don't care, as it's all about the melody and transitions... Anyhow before I ramble on here (evidently again), this new song 'Cold Beach' is another slammin' rock tune which is more me than any other impression... so I hope that you'll all enjoy!"

Howarth released a solo album, "Opposite Gods", in April 2010 via his official web site.

FREHLEY'S COMET recorded three albums, produced four videos before the lineup dissolved and Ace Frehley moved on to his solo effort. Tod continued writing and pursuing a solo record deal and received one from Gene Simmons in 1990. However this was short-lived because of the refreshing sounds of "grunge." Tod liked this new sound but also knew it was to change the face of music, and the direction of his career. After rejoining CHEAP TRICK in 1990, he helped support the continuing "Lap of Luxury" tour with the hit "The Flame". Tod played with CHEAP TRICK consistently until 1997 whereupon he went back at work on solo material. Since 2000 he has played with CHEAP TRICK in special live and TV shows and handled the keys, and backing vocals on the "Silver" DVD. In 2008 he traveled to Japan with CHEAP TRICK to once again handle the keys and vocals for the band's 30th-year anniversary concert, "Live at Budokan".

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:00 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
My first wife ADORED this guy... She wanted to have his kids.

Hell, if they had just asked, I would have given them mine... :lol:

Kidding, of course... :P

:BB Something Moved

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:21 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:

Kidding, of course... :P

:BB Something Moved

Do you have any that can do laundry, clean, and wouldn't mind sleeping out on a balcony?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

Do you have any that can do laundry, clean, and wouldn't mind sleeping out on a balcony?

Well, my younger daughter isn't exactly what I'd call a domestic goddess... but considering her report cards and the fact that she's a 2nd year senior, I think she's probably destined to just that kind of future... :shock:

:lol:

:BB "You go. I clean now."

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:41 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The Old Ace Frehley Round-up:

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley has announced four summer tour dates as well as a three-day appearance at the Days Of The Dead event in Indianapolis, Indiana.

The details are as follows:

Jul. 06 - Indianapolis, IN - Days Of The Dead (signing)
Jul. 07 - Indianapolis, IN - Days Of The Dead (signing)
Jul. 08 - Indianapolis, IN - Days Of The Dead (signing)
Jul. 11 - New York, NY - Best Buy Theater
Jul. 13 - Jackson, MI - Jackson County Fairgrounds, Thrills In The Irish Hills, (w/ TED NUGENT)
Jul. 27 - Detroit, MI - GM Renaissance Center, Rockin' On The Riverfront
Aug. 04 - Greenville, WI - Greenville Lions Park (w/ SAMMY HAGAR)

Ace VIP meet-and-greet packages will soon be offered. Stay tuned to AceFrehley.com for details.

Ace Frehley's book, "No Regrets: A Rock 'N' Roll Memoir", landed at position No. 10 on the New York Times "Hardcover Nonfiction" best sellers list. The book, which is described as a look back at Ace's "life of sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll," arrived on November 1 via Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.

"No Regrets", which was published under Gallery's VH1 Books imprint, was co-written by New York Times journalist Joe Layden who also authored "The Last Great Fight" about what is considered by many to be the biggest upset in the history of boxing: James "Buster" Douglas' tenth-round knockout win over Mike Tyson in 1990.

Frehley performed with KISS from its inception in 1973 until his first departure in 1982 before rejoining KISS in 1996 for a very successful reunion tour. Frehley's second stint lasted until 2002 as Ace went back to being a solo artist again, but the stories and memories still remain from touring in one of rock and roll's most successful acts of all time.

Ace's latest album, "Anomaly", sold around 17,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 27 on The Billboard 200 chart.

Released on September 15, 2009 via Ace's own Bronx Born Records, with Rocket Science providing a full label service platform in the U.S., "Anomaly" was produced and recorded in Westchester County, New York between 2007 and 2009 and was mixed in Los Angeles.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:50 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Not much happening in Ace-ville...

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:18 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
Not much happening in Ace-ville...

I know. When Anomoly was released he said he had enough material already to go for at least half an album. I guess if you want to semi-retire, you can. If I was his age and didn't need to tour all the time, I might not either.

Aw, who am I kidding? I'd do it for the groupies! :hooters: :hooters: :hooters: :hooters:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Aw, who am I kidding? I'd do it for the groupies! :hooters: :hooters: :hooters: :hooters:

I'm pretty sure that at this point, the groupies are really old gropies. :wink:

:BB Shock Me [The Defibrillator Remix]

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next