Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:46 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
I made this band what it is.

Props to Peter for being one of the founders but...

:crazy:

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:59 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
I made this band what it is.

Props to Peter for being one of the founders but...

:crazy:

:BB Steve

I know. He's starting to sound like Gene and Paul.

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Peter Criss
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:11 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Former KISS drummer Peter Criss has commented on the band's nomination for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. He writes on his web site, "I would like to thank the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame for the nomination and recognition of the original KISS. As a founding member, I am deeply grateful to the Hall of Fame for their consideration. It would be an honor and a dream come true to be inducted."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:49 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Original KISS drummer Peter Criss has issued the following update:

"In '08, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, but with (early detection) my great doctor Alex Swistel and staff and the Lord above, who always looks over me, I am cancer-free today!!!

"I wanted to let you know men get it like women do. Don't be afraid to let someone know if you have a lump. Do the right thing for you and your loved ones and get it checked. Man or woman, there is no discrimination with breast cancer ... we all don't have nine lives."

For more information, visit www.nationalbreastcancer.org

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
It's especially prevalent in men that look like this when jogging... ==> :bouncies:

All kidding aside, I'm glad he's OK. :B

Now I feel bad, I came across his most recent solo album at Best Buy and put it back... :oops:

:BB Don't You Let Me Down

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:20 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Out of the 4 solo albums to come from the 4 original members in the last few years, it is sadly the worst.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:09 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Out of the 4 solo albums to come from the 4 original members in the last few years, it is sadly the worst.

I never bought Gene's, so I can't speak to that one... but Paul's "Live To Win" has to take the cake regardless... 8)

:BB Bulletproof

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:15 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
After keeping his battle with the disease quiet for more a year, original KISS drummer Peter Criss recently spoke to Jane Pratt on Sirius XM's Jane Radio about how his rock career actually helped him discover he had breast cancer and why he decided to come forward to raise awareness of the disease. Listen to excerpts from the chat below.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:54 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
New album on the way:

Criss, who discovered a lump in his left nipple in December 2007, told Reuters.com men need to get over their perception that breast cancer is a woman's disease.

"It can happen to you, and when it does, if you don't deal with it right away, with your 'dude' and your metal and your tattoos, you'll go in the box and we'll see you."

Criss, who is currently working on an autobiography as well as a new rock album, said his bout with cancer had affected his songwriting.

"My lyrics are not so deep and dismal," he said. One of the tracks on the album, expected next spring, is called "Hard Rock Knockers".

Regarding the fact that his old KISS bandmates, Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, are currently on a North American tour of arenas with two new band members, one in the make-up of Criss' "Catman" character and the other as ex-guitarist Ace Frehley's "Spaceman," Peter said, "You want to put two clones up there in our makeup, that's great. Must I keep putting spandex and makeup on at 70 — I don't think I really want to do that."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:29 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Regarding the fact that his old KISS bandmates, Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, are currently on a North American tour of arenas with two new band members, one in the make-up of Criss' "Catman" character and the other as ex-guitarist Ace Frehley's "Spaceman," Peter said, "You want to put two clones up there in our makeup, that's great. Must I keep putting spandex and makeup on at 70 — I don't think I really want to do that."

Is it me, or did Peter just bitch-slap Gene and Paul?... and rather effectively at that... :gig:

:BB That's The Kind Of Sugar Papa Likes

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:25 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

Is it me, or did Peter just bitch-slap Gene and Paul?... and rather effectively at that... :gig:

:BB That's The Kind Of Sugar Papa Likes

"ME- OW!"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Original KISS drummer Peter Criss has issued the following update:

"On October 17th, I will be walking for the American Cancer Society, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey. I would love for you to join me in this walk to help save lives and bring awareness to men and women about this disease.

"I am going to join Nurse Betty's Team BosomBuddies/TwinPeaks. She is an awesome woman who dedicates her life to helping men and women with this disease.

"To register and join our team click the link below and if you can't walk with us please make a donation for support. As a breast cancer survivor, I THANK YOU!!!

So come walk with me on Sunday, October 17th. The walk starts at 10 a.m., speeches starts at 8 a.m. Hope you will support our team!!!"

Click here to join or donate.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:21 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Original KISS drummer Peter Criss will be on-hand to sign autographs at this fall's edition of the Chiller Theatre convention in Parsippany, New Jersey.

The three-day event will take place October 29-31 at Hilton Parsippany.

Signing hours are as follows:

Friday: 6 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.

For more information about the convention, click here.
http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Matthew Wilkening of Ultimate Classic Rock recently conducted an interview with original KISS drummer Peter Criss. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Ultimate Classic Rock: So, you've been cancer-free for more than three years now, right?

Peter: Four years, and my checkup comes up next week. I'm real excited about it because I feel great, except for the old pains that come from drumming for fifty years. I go to the gym every day, I walk three and a half miles, I work out five days a week, I play down in the studio. My wife had cancer, too. It's an amazing story, if not for her cancer I wouldn't be living. She's feeling good too. So I just feel great and I'm looking forward to going in. They say it's five years and you're out of the water. Personally, my experience is you're never out of the water. Every day I wake up and I get a pain, I think of the big "C" immediately. Because once it's in your body, its evil, and I never thought I'd have that in my body. I even went into therapy over it all, because I just couldn't believe it. You just have that fear, it never goes away. But I'm not worried. Every day above ground, my Dad used to say, is a good day.

Ultimate Classic Rock: Just so we can help people out, how exactly did you first notice any signs of trouble?

Peter: It was a nodule, like a lump in my nipple and I discovered it when I got back from the gym. Look out for bumps and pain, a kind of pain where you just know — this is a kind of pain I've never had before. I've had cysts and I remember them and I remember the doctor taking them out. This was different, it hurt like hell, it got bigger as I screwed around with it.

Ultimate Classic Rock: So you realized right away this was something very different?

Peter: I don't know why, of all things, cause men just don't think of breast cancer, we just don't, but I swear, buddy I just knew that breast cancer had hit me for some reason. I think that was my angel speaking, and the red light went on, like, this is something more, Peter, you've got to check this out now. By the grace of God, my wife was going that day for her own cancer problems, and told her doctor about me. She checked me out, and said, "If my husband had that, I would send him over to (doctor) Alex Swistel immediately, like now."

Ultimate Classic Rock: Then what happened?

Peter: So she calls and says, "I got a V.I.P. here" — sometimes it's nice to be famous, it does open the door, and trust me, I'm a down-to-earth guy, I don't look at things like that, but boy, it was a blessing. I got right in to the waiting room, and I started to get ill because I saw these beautiful women with no hair, wearing these turbans, and you could tell, the look of death was all over this room. There were other men, but they were all there with their wives. I just felt like, "What the hell am I doing here?' but thank God. He said, yes, there's something there and we should do a biopsy.

Ultimate Classic Rock: That must have been very scary.

Peter: Some time went by. At first they said it was negative, but then a few weeks pass and I was healing. Then I got a call on a Saturday morning, you know that "are you standing or sitting?"-type phone call? You just know, the bottom of your stomach falls out. He goes, "I got good news and really bad news. What do you want first?" Well, the bad, of course. "You've got breast cancer, Peter. You have to come back in now, and I want to remove your nipple and your breast muscle and take your lymph nodes out and make sure we get this son of a bitch immediately, because I can because you came in so soon." It's a miracle, and that's how it can be treated.

Read the entire interview from Ultimate Classic Rock.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/peter-cr ... st-cancer/

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:31 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Original KISS drummer Peter Criss was inducted last night (Saturday, January 14) as part of the latest Drum Legend class during the grand finals of Guitar Center's annual Drum-Off at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California.

The Drum Legend induction honors icons in the drum world that have paved the way for today's drummers. The award is given to those that have made significant contributions to the craft and have hugely influenced players by their style and illustrious musical career. Past inductees include John Bonham, Billy Cobham, Nicko McBrain, Steve Smith, Dave Garibaldi, Alan White, and Greg Errico.

Video footage of Peter's induction can be seen below.

Born Peter George Criscoula on December 20, 1945, in Brooklyn, New York, Criss got his start drumming after discovering legendary jazz drummer Gene Krupa and such '60s rockers as THE ROLLING STONES.

"Finally, when I got into rock 'n' roll drumming, I liked Charlie Watts [of THE ROLLING STONES]," said Criss in a 1997 interview. He also cited CREAM's Ginger Baker, THE WHO's Keith Moon and LED ZEPPELIN's John Bonham as big influences on his playing.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next