Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Paul Stanley
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:23 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Norm Clarke of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley — who twice starred as The Phantom in the Toronto production of "The Phantom of the Opera" in 1999 — is in talks to star in "Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular".

Stanley, 56, is having a penthouse suite built atop Palms Place near suites owned by pop singer Jessica Simpson and pro wrestling icon Hulk Hogan.

Stanley has been out front as a fundraiser and supporter for AboutFace, an organization that helps raise awareness for individuals with facial differences. He was born with Microtia, a congenital deformity of the pinna (outer ear).

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:28 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
If you're headed to the Indianapolis KISS Fan Expo next weekend, you're in for a huge treat. According to a posting on KISS' official web site, Paul Stanley has authorized a special sneak peek screening of his upcoming "Live to Win Live!" concert DVD. Director Louis Antonelli has put together a 30-minute piece, including a trailer and several songs from Paul's Chicago House of Blues show. Antonelli will be on hand to introduce the film and will take part in a question-and-answer session directly after the screening.

The DVD is scheduled for a summer release.

The Indianapolis KISS Fan Expo will feature KISS drummer Eric Singer and will be held on Sunday, March 2 from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (12:00 p.m. for VIP holders) at the Holiday Inn Indianapolis, East 6990 East 21st St., Indianapolis, IN 46219.

===========================================

I went to the KISS Fan Expo in Indianapolis years ago. Union performed and they were awesome. It's too bad that they didn't stay together, but people have to eat I guess. This was the Expo where somebody ran off with Bruce's guitar. He got it back weeks later.

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Paul Stanley
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:11 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
Stanley has been out front as a fundraiser and supporter for AboutFace, an organization that helps raise awareness for individuals with facial differences. He was born with Microtia, a congenital deformity of the pinna (outer ear).

I suppose the term "birth defect" is now among the ever-growing ranks of politically incorrect terms. :roll:

BTW ~ April's issue of "Guitar Player" features a full-page ad of Paul's new Washburn Preacher Series of guitars. They look like a Les Paul but have this odd-shaped horn... friggin' ugly, IMHO.

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:17 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley has told Australia's Daily Telegraph that modern bands "useless and pathetic" and is promising value for money during their Australian mini-tour.

"Good economy or no economy, we have no intentions of stopping," said Stanley.

"We gave up doing this for money a long time ago, we love it, but we still get paid."

"Rock and roll is in a pathetic state," he added.

"Bands think they can can get up on stage and strum their guitars and then download it — it's useless and pathetic.

"We're sick and tired of seeing bands getting up on stage and not giving value for your buck."

"We not only want to live up to the legend (of KISS) but we want to exceed it, and that's why we are here," Stanley said.

"KISS music is universal, ageless — we always find a new audience," said Stanley.

"What we sing about is celebrating life, about enjoying yourself.

"We don't need to to look for an audience — the audience finds us."

============================================

Geez. Was Paul wearing Gene makeup when he said all that? If you're not doing it for the money and you're doing it for the long-time fans, then get your sorry ass in the studio like they want!

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:35 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley has told Australia's The Daily Telegraph that his touring days with the band may soon be numbered.

"I really, firmly believe there will come a time when the band will continue without me," Stanley said.

"Some people can't imagine it without me, but I'm here to tell you, I can. There is somebody out there with the same amount of passion and the same amount of drive," he said. "Which is not to say I wouldn't want to have creative control."

In Stanley's eyes, KISS is bigger than any one member of the band. Bigger than just a band, KISS is a philosophy.

"I think KISS is more about a point of view, about a respect for fans and about a loyalty and a direction much more than it is the people in the band," he explained.

"We don't follow the same rules as other bands. I can't live within the boundaries people set for me. I believe KISS is founded on something so solid that it will continue to live on, the way a football team continues.

"There have been great players, but there will always be other players."

Regarding his relationship with KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons, Stanley said, "I think we think of ourselves as brothers. Brothers means you can never get rid of each other, even when you want to. We go about ourselves very differently. What we choose to put at the forefront or publicize is very different.

"Certainly, one of us spends quite a bit of time telling the world that he's the genius behind the band. This didn't happen because of a single person. It is the combustibility and the chemistry of people who don't necessarily view things from the same perspective which makes KISS.

"We tend to put our egos aside when it comes to making decisions for the band."

==============================================

I don't know about all that, but if you feel you're ready to step down, go ahead. You and Gene can still make money by leasing the band name, logo, and makeup. People can go on tour and make your money for you. Seriously, the only way the band could continue without Paul and Gene is if it was OWNED by the new band members and they could write their own music. But then it would no longer be KISS, would it? Maybe all of the original members kids could take over the band some day. Or the band could be Menudo-KI$$. They could have an American Idol-like tv series every other year where wannabe KISS musicians compete to be in the band for one album and a tour. Ex-KISS members could be the judges. Vinnie Vincent would be Ryan Seacrest and Gene would be Simon and they could verbally jab at each other every episode.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:36 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
I agree, Bill.

New Coke sucked. So would "new" Kiss.

Gene and Paul go. Kiss dies. That simple.

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:05 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
PAUL STANLEY's print maker, Daniel Wlazlak, stopped by KISS Alive 35 rehearsals to get Paul's final color approval of a new piece entitled The World Below. Look for it soon. Rumor has it that Stanley, who twice starred as The Phantom in the Toronto production of The Phantom of the Opera in 1999, is in talks with Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:56 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Jeff Hahne of Creative Loafing recently conducted an interview with KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley.

On KISS's current status:

"The band has never been better. The fact is, we did do a farewell tour and by the end of the tour I realized that the only thing I wanted to say farewell to was a couple of members and the band should continue. The only ones who question that are the ones who don't want us to continue, and they're so insignificant in numbers that they do not even warrant an answer. This will continue beyond my tenure in the band."

I guess you don't need social security when you can just slap your starchild make-up on somebody else.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:52 pm 
Registered Rushaholic
Paul's artwork sucks !!

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:58 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
nappy2112 wrote:
Paul's artwork sucks !!

You don't suppose he makes it that same way we were talking about making KISS make-up designs, do you? :lol:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:12 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Josh B. Wardrop of Panorama magazine recently conducted an interview with KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Panorama: What led you to try your hand at painting?

Stanley: Well, as a teen I attended the High School of Art and Music in New York but I wasn't painting at that time. About eight years ago, I was going through a hard divorce, and a friend suggested I paint as a type of therapy. I really connected with my emotions and wanted to keep doing it.

Panorama: How would you describe your artistic style?

Stanley: It's very personal, stream-of-consciousness, fly by the seat of my pants stuff. I compare it to going on a trip without a map. I like abstract art because it appeals to people on an emotional rather than analytical level.

Panorama: Are there more KISS tours or a new album on the horizon?

Stanley: We just did some massive shows in Australia and New Zealand, and in three weeks we're heading to Europe. So, KISS is alive and ready to blind you, deafen you and pummel you into submission (laughs). A new album? We're asked about it, but we know fans don't really want new material. I could write the next "Let It Be" and people would say, "That's great. Play 'Love Gun'." And we're happy to do that.

Panorama: Why hasn't KISS been elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Stanley: Because the people who own it are part of what I call the "East Coast Music Mafia," and their opinions don't really reflect rock fans' in general. Unfortunately, it's a sham with a very official-sounding name.

Read the entire interview at http://www.panoramamagazine.com.

You know, I always liked Paul and respected him for holding the band together through the personnel changes and Gene half-assing during most of the '80's. But he's really starting to bug me with some of the stuff that's been coming out of his mouth lately. :?

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:17 am 
Favorite Band: Alizée
I was juuust about to post that.

That's really absurd stuff. A band with no desire to make anything new is a joke.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:18 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
They need to hang it up. :(

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:26 am 
Favorite Band: Alizée
I want to know what fans they've been asking. :x

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:49 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RadioactiveMan wrote:
I want to know what fans they've been asking. :x

Not you and me, that's for damn sure! I want new music! :x

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next