Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paul Stanley
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:13 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
RockHard wrote:
He'll be alright. If not, they'll just get someone else to put on the Starman get-up. :P

:BB Cold Gin (Cures Sore Throats)

Ripper?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:51 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
He'll be alright. If not, they'll just get someone else to put on the Starman get-up. :P

:BB Cold Gin (Cures Sore Throats)

Ripper?

I was thinking Barlow. After all, he sounds just like him anyway. 8)

:BB Do You Love Me

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
KISS lead singer Paul Stanley underwent successful surgery on October 25, 2011 for "recurring vocal cord issues" that the musician said "come with 40 years of preaching rock 'n' roll." Stanley told The Hollywood Reporter that he powered through four decades of concerts "through sheer willpower" so his band could "cram in as many shows as possible to maximize profit." But, he cautioned, "the nature of rock singing is a strain on the voice and when you compound that with that amount of shows, you're not giving yourself time to recuperate and the problem is compounded… I was finding myself working harder and harder to do what was once effortless, and having already passed through puberty, I was surprised to hear my voice cracking."

In a new segment scheduled to air on January 9, Paul shares his thoughts with ABC's "Nightline".

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:42 am 
I am surprised he lasted as long as he did with the number of shows that they played.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
thinlizzy wrote:
I am surprised he lasted as long as he did with the number of shows that they played.

One of the most devoted, hardest-working frontmen of all time. Unless you go to blabbermouth of course where they just make gay jokes about him. :roll:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
In a new segment scheduled to air on January 9, Paul shares his thoughts with ABC's "Nightline".

Damn. I would have liked to have seen that.

thinlizzy wrote:

+1

bildo wrote:
One of the most devoted, hardest-working frontmen of all time. Unless you go to blabbermouth of course where they just make gay jokes about him. :roll:

Well, that's 'cause he's queer as a three dollar bill. :P

Playing, of course... :B

Hopefully, he'll be able to come back strong. Sometimes, that kind of surgery is the Kiss Of Death (Dokken-style). Other times, it can be a miracle cure. Time will tell.

:BB Shout It Out Loud

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:40 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
KISS singer/guitarist Paul Stanley celebrated his 60th birthday yesterday (Friday, January 20) at a surprise party Soho House in Los Angeles thrown by his wife Erin Stanley and KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons. The party was attended by Paul's family, friends and all of his current bandmates, including drummer Eric Singer and guitarist Tommy Thayer.

Video footage of Stanley performing a cover of LED ZEPPELIN's version of "You Shook Me" (originally by MUDDY WATERS) with Ty Taylor of VINTAGE TROUBLE at last night's party can be seen below.

KISS' official web site, KissOnline.com, has posted the following birthday greetings from Paul's bandmates:

Gene Simmons: "Paul, my very best wishes on your birthday. You're the brother I never had. You've always been there. For me. For the band. For the fans."

Tommy Thayer: "Happy birthday, Paul! You're a great friend & a brother in arms... We just made a kick-ass album together and had a great time doing it. You are THE rock & roll champion! Happy 60th!!

Eric Singer: "Paul Stanley, Happy Birthday to the Grand Master of Ceremonies! You're still the best and I wish you only better days ahead..."

Paul Stanley (real name Stanley Harvey Eisen) was born January 20, 1952 in New York City.

Stanley and his wife Erin welcomed daughter Emily Grace Stanley last August in Los Angeles.

Emily, who weighed in at 7 lbs., 10 oz, joined elder siblings Sarah Brianna, 2, Colin Michael, 5, and Evan Shane, 17, Stanley's son from a previous relationship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Hxm3a-m_2E

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:57 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Video footage of Stanley performing a cover of LED ZEPPELIN's version of "You Shook Me" (originally by MUDDY WATERS) with Ty Taylor of VINTAGE TROUBLE at last night's party can be seen below.

Holy shit! That was out-FUCKING-standing. 8)

Video officially stolen. I may even rip the audio track to put that on my BB.

There's a money-maker, BTW... Kiss doing a Zep tribute. Sign me up for that. :tup

Of course, I guess it would really be Kiss doing a Zep tribute of Zep doing a tribute of uncredited classic blues artists, but I'd still buy it. :mrgreen:

bildo wrote:
Gene Simmons: "Paul, my very best wishes on your birthday. You're the brother I never had. You've always been there. For me. For the band. For the fans."

But... but Gene has brothers. I saw it on "Family Jewels"... :?

bildo wrote:
Paul Stanley (real name Stanley Harvey Eisen) was born January 20, 1952 in New York City.

With a name like that, is it any wonder he opted for a stage name early on? :wink:

Shit. I guess that answers any questions about his recovery anyway. Once again, out-FUCKING-standing. :beerbang:

:BB (Still The) King Of The Nighttime World

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:41 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Paul is the brother Gene never had. He had the others. :mrgreen:

I've got some boot legs of KISS doing Led Zep. Paul's Whole Lotta Love kicked ass.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:39 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Paul is the brother Gene never had. He had the others. :mrgreen:

Ew. :?

Oh, I get it! :idea2:

bildo wrote:
I've got some boot legs of KISS doing Led Zep. Paul's Whole Lotta Love kicked ass.

I can imagine. :tup

I have a ton of old Kiss boots, but none older than '72 or so. I didn't see any Zep stuff in there, but I may have missed something (I just flipped through them quickly). Ironically, I came across "The Elder Demos" in there... Now why in the hell did I bother to snag that one? :lol:

I'm skipping through their original Casablanca demo now and some of their Wicked Lester sessions from '72... There's a really old version of Shout It Out Loud on the Wicked Lester demo... Totally different song though. I guess they just recycled the title for the "Destroyer" version.

Looks like only She and Love Her All I Can graduated to the Kiss years (and in somewhat different forms at that). Love the She demo... Methinks someone was listening to "A Little Light Music" (aka ~ J. Tull). :wink:

Very good stuff in there... Too bad 95% of it never saw the light of day.

:BB What Happens In The Darkness

PS ~ Up next: "The Lost Alive II"

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:14 pm 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: Yngwie Malmsteen, Y&T
RockHard wrote:
I have a ton of old Kiss boots, but none older than '72 Ironically, I came across "The Elder Demos" in there... Now why in the hell did I bother to snag that one? :lol:

So you could give it to me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:45 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
PG wrote:
RockHard wrote:
I have a ton of old Kiss boots, but none older than '72 Ironically, I came across "The Elder Demos" in there... Now why in the hell did I bother to snag that one? :lol:

So you could give it to me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MP3... Bring a flash drive to NY. :wink:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:32 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Ortsbo Inc., the world's leading experiential communications company, a subsidiary of Intertainment Media Inc., has announced that legendary rock icon, entrepreneur and co-founder of KISS, Paul Stanley, has joined Ortsbo as a spokesperson and business partner. Stanley is expected to help bring the world of live entertainment and global sponsorship and merchandising to fans through Ortsbo's unique real-time interactive experiential platform in over 50 languages.

Stanley will be working directly with the Ortsbo team to develop and initiate Ortsbo's entre into global socialization of live event programming. The platform will allow fans at live concert venues to interact with other fans around the globe, in real-time in over 50 languages through Twitter, Facebook, Ortsbo.com and online through Ortsbo's Live & Global platform creating a social, global village at live entertainment and sports events.

In addition to socialization, the program will connect global fans to exclusive sponsors, offers and merchandising opportunities partnered with Ortsbo.

"We are very excited and honored to have Paul Stanley join Ortsbo. For almost 40 years, Paul has been a major influence in the entertainment industry. Together with Gene Simmons, KISS has become one of the true giants of global business with over 3,000 licensed products and continues to perform for sold out audiences and set records around the world," said David Lucatch, CEO Ortsbo / Intertainment. "Paul's entrepreneurial and artistic visions have continued to garner successes beyond the entertainment industry and we welcome the opportunity to work with him to extend Ortsbo's brand and reach into global live venue socialization."

This program will also be integrated into New York City's newest major venue, The Barclay Center in Brooklyn, New York where Ortsbo is a partner. The Barclay Center is scheduled to open fall 2012.

In addition to creating the world's first globally socialized live events, Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons of KISS together with Ortsbo hold the Guinness World Record for the most nationalities in an online chat, having established the record in May 2011 with 88 countries participating. Since then, Ortsbo has unofficially smashed the established record, having as many as 161 countries participating in real-time multilingual chat broadcast events including Steven Spielberg at the "Warhorse" premiere in New York City, the British Academy of Film and Television Awards in London and the "Avengers" movie premiere in Los Angeles.

Stanley comments, "Fluent simultaneous conversation across all languages and in real time isn't science fiction, it's Ortsbo. Ortsbo is the universal language that breaks down the barriers separating countries and cultures and turns a vast planet into a global village."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:50 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Stanley comments, "Fluent simultaneous conversation across all languages and in real time isn't science fiction, it's Ortsbo. Ortsbo is the universal language that breaks down the barriers separating countries and cultures and turns a vast planet into a global village."

I've heard about some of those villages over in the Middle East. Pass.

:lol:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:57 pm 
Registered Rushaholic
Kiss’s Paul Stanley says band can survive without him and Gene

Posted on August 14, 2012

Kiss is one of the most popular bands in the world, and is also one of the most recognizable brands. This has been accomplished largely due to the marketing genius of bassist/vocalistGene Simmons, though fellow vocalist/guitaristPaul Stanley deserves credit too. In fact, it could be said that Kiss is Gene and Paul, as the remaining two original members, guitarist Ace Frehley and drummer Peter Criss, haven’t played with the band in over ten years. Those roles are now filled by Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer, respectively. But could Kiss live on without Gene and Paul?

According to Stanley, in a recent interview with the San Diego Union Tribune, the answer is yes.

“The band is bigger than its members,” said Stanley. “And it only takes, in this case, four like-minded people with a similar outlook and talent to further the cause and continue Kiss. It makes perfect sense to me. It may not make sense to other bands, but we’re not other bands. We don’t live by those rules. We never have.”

Both Stanley and Simmons are now 62, so, asks the Tribune, is there concern that the two “are growing too old to rock ’n’ roll all night?” According to Stanley:

I’m damn good at what I do. But do I think I’m the only person capable of doing what I do? Absolutely not. I’m not talking about a clone (of me), but somebody with the same passion, drive and love for the music I love. So, can I envision a time when I won’t be here anymore? Absolutely. It’s not tomorrow, or next week. But when it happens, I would be celebratory. Because it would prove that I was right and that Kiss is exactly what I believe it is: an ideal, a way of performing, a point of view. It’s an attitude, and the respect and love (we have for) our audience.

The Tribune also asked Stanley if there could be a reunion of the original lineup. “Never!” was Stanley’s response. He continued:

You only get so many opportunities and so many chances. And while I don’t wish (Frehley and Criss) any ill will at this point, you know, most people are fortunate to win the lottery once. When you win it twice, and throw it away, the opportunities are gone.

Plus, everything that those guys did, unfortunately, jeopardized what I do. Those who don’t learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them. … The intent and spirit of what this band was founded on is more intact and alive today than ever. And it’s not because of the individual founding members or any of that nonsense, but because of people who have the passion, the love and commitment to live up to what Kiss is.

Frehley first left Kiss in 1982, returning in 1996 and finally leaving again in 2002. Criss left in 1980, returning several times throughout the ‘90s and leaving again in the 2000s. According to Stanley in an interview with BANG Showbiz back in July, the two had become “impossible and intolerable, on more than one occasion necessitating their removal.” Stanley also denied that they were ever friends, even during the 1970s, saying:

No I was never really friends with them. The band was never about friendship, the band was about commitment to a cause, but friendship? We were all very different people.

I loved them for what we created together, I certainly don’t love them today. But the band as it is today is far more the embodiment of what we started than what we became.

Kiss will be releasing their highly anticipated 20th studio album, Monster, on Oct. 16, and the band has promised that it will be one of their best. It will be a throwback to the band’s sound in the decades past and will also contain sounds from many of their influences. The first single, “Hell or Hallelujah,” was released in July.

The band is also currently taking part in “The Tour,” co-headlining with Motley Crue. For ticket information and dates, visit KissOnline.com and Motley.com

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next