Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:15 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
I wanna hear "Back On The Streets."

If it's any consolation, I'm spinning it now for you...

Can you hear it? :P

:BB Steve

Yes.

Scary, isn't it? :P

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:19 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
I wanna hear "Back On The Streets."

If it's any consolation, I'm spinning it now for you...

Can you hear it? :P

Yes.

Scary, isn't it? :P

Yeah... it is, actually.

Hey! Get away from my window! :shock: :x

That's it! I'm getting my shotgun... :P

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:40 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Founding TRIXTER guitarist Steve Brown has been added to the list of musicians who appear on the upcoming tribute album "Kiss My Ankh: A Tribute To Vinnie Vincent". In an oddly appropriate twist of phrase, the man known for the #1 Dial MTV hit "One In A Million" will tackle the underground KISS favorite "A Million To One". Steve's contribution will be an elaborate acoustic rendition of the song, putting a fresh new spin on the 25-year-old classic.

Steve Brown currently fronts the modern rock act STEREO FALLOUT and is expected to reunite with his TRIXTER bandmates for select live dates in 2008, including the massive Rocklahoma festival in July.

Though Vinnie Vincent himself has not released any new material in over a decade, "Kiss My Ankh" will pay tribute to the undeniable musical legacy of the former KISS guitarist. Vinnie's compositions are widely regarded as a highlight of the KISS catalog and remain a staple of the live KISS setlist. Included on the tribute will be selections from the three KISS albums to which Vinnie contributed, as well as the two albums he released with the VINNIE VINCENT INVASION. Additional artists and track listings will be announced as they are confirmed.

"Kiss My Ankh: A Tribute To Vinnie Vincent" is scheduled for a summer 2008 release.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:51 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Four additional musicians have been confirmed for the upcoming tribute album "Kiss My Ankh: A Tribute To Vinnie Vincent". Former ADLER'S APPETITE vocalist Sheldon Tarsha, former ALICE COOPER guitarist Ryan Roxie, former ALTARIA bassist Marko Pukkila and current WHITE LION drummer Troy Patrick Farrell have collaborated on a new recording of the VINNIE VINCENT INVASION power ballad "That Time of Year". The original song was the lead single and MTV music video from the second INVASION album "All Systems Go", which featured the recording debut of vocalist Mark Slaughter. A 45-second sample of the new version is now available at the official "Kiss My Ankh" MySpace page. Tarsha, Roxie, Pukkila and Farrell join the previously announced Steve Brown (TRIXTER, STEREO FALLOUT), whose acoustic rendition of the Paul Stanley/Vinnie Vincent composition "A Million To One" recently premiered on Eddie Trunk's nationally syndicated "Friday Night Rocks" radio program.

Though Vinnie Vincent himself has not released any new material in over a decade, "Kiss My Ankh" will pay tribute to the undeniable musical legacy of the former KISS guitarist. Vinnie's compositions are widely regarded as a highlight of the KISS catalog and remain a staple of the live KISS set list. Included on the tribute will be selections from the three KISS albums to which Vinnie contributed, as well as the two albums he released with the VINNIE VINCENT INVASION. Additional artists and track listings will be announced as they are confirmed.

"Kiss My Ankh: A Tribute To Vinnie Vincent" is scheduled for a summer 2008 release.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:16 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

According to the Swedish newspaper Norrländska Socialdemokraten, a theater play called "I'm Gonna Marry Vinnie Vincent" is playing to full houses in the north of Sweden in a city called Haparanda. The play centers around five 40-something former rockers chicks who reunite in an attempt to recapture the feeling they had during the early '80s when KISS was at the height of its success.

When the play starts, 25 years has passed since the girls last met. Now time has taken its toll and Jessica — whose "first love" was one-time KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent — is bitterly divorced from her rich ex-husband Per who left her for a younger woman.

Jessica devises a plan to steal her ex-husband's money and go to the USA to meet her teen love Vinnie Vincent.

"I'm gonna marry Vinnie Vincent," Jessica cries and stretches her arms towards the sky.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:32 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
wow, haha

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:36 pm 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: Yngwie Malmsteen, Y&T
bildo wrote:

According to the Swedish newspaper Norrländska Socialdemokraten, a theater play called "I'm Gonna Marry Vinnie Vincent" is playing to full houses in the north of Sweden in a city called Haparanda. The play centers around five 40-something former rockers chicks who reunite in an attempt to recapture the feeling they had during the early '80s when KISS was at the height of its success.

When the play starts, 25 years has passed since the girls last met. Now time has taken its toll and Jessica — whose "first love" was one-time KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent — is bitterly divorced from her rich ex-husband Per who left her for a younger woman.

Jessica devises a plan to steal her ex-husband's money and go to the USA to meet her teen love Vinnie Vincent.

"I'm gonna marry Vinnie Vincent," Jessica cries and stretches her arms towards the sky.

You have got to be kidding. This is a joke, right?

Vinnie Vincent? Talk about being hit with the ugly stick.....he wins the prize!

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:49 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
PG wrote:
bildo wrote:

And the thing is they even caked on the makeup and he was STILL ugly. :lol:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:07 pm 
Heavy Metal Honey
bildo wrote:
PG wrote:
bildo wrote:

And the thing is they even caked on the makeup and he was STILL ugly. :lol:

True! I remember the "unmasking" on MTV, where they panned thru each member showing them with the makeup first and then did a closeup without. I visibly winced when they finally showed Vinnie...good lord that dude is unattractive!

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:10 pm 
that entire band doesn't have much to be honest :lol:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:14 pm 
Heavy Metal Honey
Dragon235 wrote:

Are you talking about in the "looks" department? if so, I will pretend I didn't read that. :P

Paul Stanley is the shiznit! Gene had his moments (he looked hot in the "Revenge" era, but admittedly after seeing his sex tape, I throw up in my mouth a little whenever I see him.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:55 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
PG wrote:
Dragon235 wrote:

Are you talking about in the "looks" department? if so, I will pretend I didn't read that. :P

Paul Stanley is the shiznit! Gene had his moments (he looked hot in the "Revenge" era, but admittedly after seeing his sex tape, I throw up in my mouth a little whenever I see him.

You brought that on yourself by looking at it in the first place.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:10 pm 
Heavy Metal Honey
bildo wrote:
PG wrote:
Dragon235 wrote:

You brought that on yourself by looking at it in the first place.

I know, I know. Curiosity got the best of me. I'm sick. :twisted:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:17 pm 
so, how's the Hendrix one?

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:08 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:

Personally, I don't think she'll need more than plane fare and enough money for a cheap motel. :lol:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next