Login |  Register

Post subject: Led Zeppelin general discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:38 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
I looked every where for a Led Zeppelin thread. Did we really not have one? Or am I blind?

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:40 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Anyways, this is more Zeppelin and 80's metal related I guess so I put this here instead of making a Yardbirds thread. Here's the news:

RollingStone.com reports: According to an industry insider, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck are going to tour as THE YARDBIRDS this fall alongside founding bassist Chris Dreja and drummer Jim McCarty. The tour is said to kick off this October. It's unclear who will be the reformed YARDBIRDS' lead singer (original vocalist Keith Relf died of electrocution in 1976). Eric Clapton, THE YARDBIRDS' founding guitarist, has no plans to participate, according to the source.

Could this possibly be true? It's crazy, don't you think?

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:15 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
Could this possibly be true? It's crazy, don't you think?

Cha-ching... Very possible... :lol:

Everyone else is cashing in... The Doors have toured without Morrison... The Dead still play occasionally minus the legendary Jerry Garcia (great ice cream, BTW :wink:)... Why not, right? :lol:

More likely than the VH tour, in any event... [img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/old3dnut/lmfao.gif[/img]

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:22 am 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
lol, that would be an amazing show to see. Going on my list to def. see if it happens!

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:56 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Dragon235 wrote:
lol, that would be an amazing show to see. Going on my list to def. see if it happens!

Do you know a lot of Yardbirds material? Most of it is not exactly what you'd call Zeppelin-esque... :wink:

That being said... I'd love to see that show... but I'm sure the ticket prices will be astronomically high... :(

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:32 am 
dude, i know some stuff, not all, but goddmit, its Jimmy Page and the Yardbirds!

and I don't mind blues ;)

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:36 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Dragon235 wrote:
dude, i know some stuff, not all, but goddmit, its Jimmy Page and the Yardbirds!

and I don't mind blues ;)

OK... Just don't expect "Stairway...", 'cause you probably ain't gonna get it... :wink:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:54 am 
and I wouldn't expect it :P

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:51 am 
HardRadio has received the following LED ZEPPELIN press release: After nearly forty years, Led Zeppelin continues to inspire generations with their groundbreaking blues-infused, guitar-driven rock 'n' roll. Arguably the biggest rock band in the world throughout their 12-year reign, they remain one of the most influential and innovative groups in music history. With over 200 million albums sold worldwide, their catalog is one of the most enduring bodies of musical composition to come out of the 20th century, and it has influenced countless bands along the way. They had the biggest tours; the biggest sound; the biggest record sales; the biggest reputation. Quite simply Led Zeppelin was the ultimate rock band.

Available November 12th, worldwide, Atlantic Records/Rhino Entertainment will honor Led Zeppelin with the release of Mothership, a 24-track, two-CD comprehensive collection that spans their illustrious career. All eight of the band's classic studio albums are represented here, with the tracks being personally selected by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones.

Mothership includes landmark songs such as 'Whole Lotta Love', 'Immigrant Song', 'Kashmir', 'Rock And Roll', 'Dazed And Confused', 'Stairway to Heaven'. The set will also include new liner notes. Available at all physical retail outlets and http://www.ledzeppelin.com, Mothership collectible packages will be available in multiple configurations: Standard Package 2-CD set, Deluxe Edition 2-CD/ 1-DVD featuring the 90-minute, premiere-version of the Led Zeppelin DVD, Collector's Edition 2-CD/1-DVD ultra-deluxe, collectible limited edition, Vinyl Edition 4 LPs, high-end, audiophile quality vinyl with collectible memorabilia. Mothership

Track Listing: Disc One - 'Good Times Bad Times', 'Communication Breakdown', 'Dazed And Confused', 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You', 'Whole Lotta Love', 'Ramble On', 'Heartbreaker', 'Immigrant Song', 'Since I've Been Loving You', 'Rock And Roll', 'Black Dog', 'When The Levee Breaks', 'Stairway To Heaven.

Disc Two - 'Song Remains The Same', 'Over The Hills And Far Away', 'D'Yer Maker', 'No Quarter', 'Trampled Under Foot', 'Houses Of The Holy', 'Kashmir', 'Nobody's Fault But Mine', 'Achilles Last Stand, 'In The Evening', 'All My Love'.

Slated for a simultaneous release, Warner Home Video debuts brand-new DVD editions of The Song Remains The Same, now for the first time with all 14 songs from the original concert. The DVD features newly remixed and remastered sound, 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound, and boasts more than 40 minutes of added bonus material, including never-before-released performance footage of 'Over The Hills And Far Away' and 'Celebration Day'; plus performances of 'Misty Mountain Hop' and 'The Ocean'; a rare 1976 BBC interview with Robert Plant and Jimmy Page; vintage TV footage from the Drake Hotel robbery during the New York concert stand; and a Cameron Crowe radio show. The discs will be available as follows:

The Song Remains The Same Track Listing: Disc One - 'Rock And Roll', 'Celebration Day', 'Black Dog (including Bring It On Home)', 'Over The Hills', 'Misty Mountain Hop', 'Since I've Been Loving You', 'No Quarter', 'The Song Remains The Same', 'Rain Song', 'The Ocean'. Disc Two - 'Dazed And Confused', 'Stairway To Heaven', 'Moby Dick', 'Heartbreaker', 'Whole Lotta Love'.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:54 pm 
The Lord of YouTube
Dragon235 wrote:
HardRadio has received the following LED ZEPPELIN press release: After nearly forty years, Led Zeppelin continues to inspire generations with their groundbreaking blues-infused, guitar-driven rock 'n' roll. Arguably the biggest rock band in the world throughout their 12-year reign, they remain one of the most influential and innovative groups in music history. With over 200 million albums sold worldwide, their catalog is one of the most enduring bodies of musical composition to come out of the 20th century, and it has influenced countless bands along the way. They had the biggest tours; the biggest sound; the biggest record sales; the biggest reputation. Quite simply Led Zeppelin was the ultimate rock band.

Available November 12th, worldwide, Atlantic Records/Rhino Entertainment will honor Led Zeppelin with the release of Mothership, a 24-track, two-CD comprehensive collection that spans their illustrious career. All eight of the band's classic studio albums are represented here, with the tracks being personally selected by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones.

Mothership includes landmark songs such as 'Whole Lotta Love', 'Immigrant Song', 'Kashmir', 'Rock And Roll', 'Dazed And Confused', 'Stairway to Heaven'. The set will also include new liner notes. Available at all physical retail outlets and http://www.ledzeppelin.com, Mothership collectible packages will be available in multiple configurations: Standard Package 2-CD set, Deluxe Edition 2-CD/ 1-DVD featuring the 90-minute, premiere-version of the Led Zeppelin DVD, Collector's Edition 2-CD/1-DVD ultra-deluxe, collectible limited edition, Vinyl Edition 4 LPs, high-end, audiophile quality vinyl with collectible memorabilia. Mothership

Track Listing: Disc One - 'Good Times Bad Times', 'Communication Breakdown', 'Dazed And Confused', 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You', 'Whole Lotta Love', 'Ramble On', 'Heartbreaker', 'Immigrant Song', 'Since I've Been Loving You', 'Rock And Roll', 'Black Dog', 'When The Levee Breaks', 'Stairway To Heaven.

Disc Two - 'Song Remains The Same', 'Over The Hills And Far Away', 'D'Yer Maker', 'No Quarter', 'Trampled Under Foot', 'Houses Of The Holy', 'Kashmir', 'Nobody's Fault But Mine', 'Achilles Last Stand, 'In The Evening', 'All My Love'.

Slated for a simultaneous release, Warner Home Video debuts brand-new DVD editions of The Song Remains The Same, now for the first time with all 14 songs from the original concert. The DVD features newly remixed and remastered sound, 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound, and boasts more than 40 minutes of added bonus material, including never-before-released performance footage of 'Over The Hills And Far Away' and 'Celebration Day'; plus performances of 'Misty Mountain Hop' and 'The Ocean'; a rare 1976 BBC interview with Robert Plant and Jimmy Page; vintage TV footage from the Drake Hotel robbery during the New York concert stand; and a Cameron Crowe radio show. The discs will be available as follows:

The Song Remains The Same Track Listing: Disc One - 'Rock And Roll', 'Celebration Day', 'Black Dog (including Bring It On Home)', 'Over The Hills', 'Misty Mountain Hop', 'Since I've Been Loving You', 'No Quarter', 'The Song Remains The Same', 'Rain Song', 'The Ocean'. Disc Two - 'Dazed And Confused', 'Stairway To Heaven', 'Moby Dick', 'Heartbreaker', 'Whole Lotta Love'.

What is the point of this collection?? All these tracks, except for "Over The Hills And Far Away" and "When The Levee Breaks" can be found on the Remaster compilation....

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:21 pm 
money grab of course

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:24 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Dragon235 wrote:

God damnit! A few months back, I finally bought "Remains" on DVD. Now, I get to buy it all over again... :roll:

The life of a completist is never... well... complete. :lol:

The other deal is a no-go for me. Between the original albums and the boxed sets, I've pretty well got that material covered. Now, give me a long-lost outtake or something, and I might bite. :wink:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:28 pm 
yea, i just bought "Song Remains the Same" 3 months ago too :?

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:29 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Dragon235 wrote:
yea, i just bought "Song Remains the Same" 3 months ago too :?

CD or DVD?

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:30 pm 
disc

Profile  Offline

Topic Top