Login |  Register

Post subject: Um... Led Zeppelin?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Ok, I searched and couldn't find a Led Zeppelin thread anywhere. I probably missed it, but I can't find it right now. Admin, feel free to move this to the appropriate thread if you want.

Anyways, I'm sure everyone knows all about the reunion. Well, here's an update:

===========================================

According to RollingStone.com, LED ZEPPELIN's November 26 reunion concert has been pushed back to December 10 because guitarist Jimmy Page fractured his finger. The injury, which he sustained this past weekend, will make him unable to play guitar for the next three weeks. "I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks," Page said in a statement. "However, LED ZEPPELIN have always set very high standards for ourselves, and we feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal, and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to." Tickets bought for the original show will be honored on the new date, and refunds will also be available.

==============================================

Yeah, but you know what happened. Lots of people spent more money than just the tickets. They booked hotel rooms, travel arrangements, took vacation from work, and other stuff. That really sucks for them. But at least this is a legitimate reason for a delay as opposed to a lot of the crap that sometimes goes on.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:55 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
yea, it does suck, but it is a legitimate reason.

if Page can't play thew guitar correctly, then the whole experience would be diminished, ya know?

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Um... Led Zeppelin?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:47 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
Yeah, but you know what happened. Lots of people spent more money than just the tickets. They booked hotel rooms, travel arrangements, took vacation from work, and other stuff. That really sucks for them. But at least this is a legitimate reason for a delay as opposed to a lot of the crap that sometimes goes on.

It was pointed out at the Y&T forum by a pretty rabid Zep fan that Page has managed to "break a finger" prior to three separate tour. Awfully coincidental, don't you think?

They most likely need more rehearsal time to shake the cobwebs. That'd be my guess anyway.

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:05 am 
No big loss :shock: zep is kinda annoying away! maybe cas it was to played out on the radio :x

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:16 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
mgw2525 wrote:
No big loss :shock: zep is kinda annoying away! maybe cas it was to played out on the radio :x

:shock:

Communist. You're fired!

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:31 pm 
LOL sorry!

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:15 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
The latest from blabbermouth:

LED ZEPPELIN Fans Slam Gig Rescheduling - Nov. 6, 2007

NME.COM reports: Fans from around the world have e-mailed NME.COM to complain about LED ZEPPELIN's rescheduling of their forthcoming reunion gig at London's O2 Arena, following Jimmy Page's finger injury.

Many fans who live outside the UK have been plunged into travel chaos, after booking expensive travel arrangements to coincide with the original LED ZEPPELIN concert date, November 26.

The show is now due to take place on December 10.

Many of those who wrote in expressed their concern for the guitarist, but explained because of the one-off nature of the gig they had spent a lot of money on travel.

One fan, Stephen Brennan, who lives in Boston, USA, e-mailed to say he was "extremely disappointed" with the band.

"I am sorry about Jimmy's finger," he wrote. "However, his injury is going to cost me more than the tickets. I haven't found out how much the penalty is to change flight and hotel reservations. This doesn't take into account schedules that have been changed so that we could go to England for the show.

"With a show that is a one-off performance, these guys should be in a freaking padded room until three minutes before the show!"

Jen Ryan, meanwhile, a fan from New York, was even angrier, as she won't be able to afford to pay for new travel costs.

"People have planned their travels from all over the globe, myself included, to come to this once in a lifetime show!" she wrote. "This reflects poorly on the charity and LED ZEPPELIN's commitment to it.

"It would be more admirable for them to cancel altogether, as most people who have tickets will not be able to make a rescheduled trip ‚Äö?†??‚Äö?¢‚Ä¢ me being one of them! Shame on LED ZEPPELIN!"

Profile  Offline

Topic Top