Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Led Zeppelin news
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
Report: ROBERT PLANT Says No To LED ZEPPELIN World Tour - Mar. 2, 2008

Sunday Mirror reports that Robert Plant has turned down an extra £100 million (approximately $200 million) fortune to take LED ZEPPELIN on a world tour.

The rock legend wants to concentrate on his new partnership with country singer Alison Krauss... spelling the likely end of the famous band.

A band source reportedly said: "Despite the enormous offer, the decision did not come down to money. They always said they would do the one-off show and then see how they felt. Jimmy [Page] had enjoyed the concert in December enough to want to tour. He argued they still had something to offer. He likes the idea of another chapter in the band — the grown-up tour. John [Paul Jones] sided with Jimmy. He loved making music with the others again. But Robert wanted to leave last year's concert as their legacy. They had proved they could still do it and that was enough. He has other commitments and is happier looking forward to those. Robert put the mockers on the tour."

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:07 am 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
Wow. I'm a bit surprised really.

"The Principle Of Money" :lmao:

Of course, I bet none of them are above releasing that show on DVD in the next 6 months. :wink:

:BB Steve

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:04 pm 
The Ultimate Metal Master
Favorite Band: Iced Earth,Blackmore's Night,The Coop
Paul Cole at the Birgminham Post's Sunday Mercury has issued an overview of author Neil Daniels' unofficial biography on LED ZEPPELIN frontman ROBERT PLANT, entitled Robert Plant: Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page & The Solo Years. The following is an excerpt from Cole's overview:

"It is the unthinkable - Led Zeppelin rock legend Robert Plant leading Black Country chart heroes Slade into action, bellowing 'Mama Weer All Crazee Now!' But it so nearly happened. Instead of singing Zeppelin classics such as Stairway To Heaven and Whole Lotta Love, Plant could have been the voice of 'Cum On Feel The Noize' and 'Merry Xmas Everybody'. A new book reveals that the Kidderminster-born superstar was considered as the frontman for Slade. It also tells of the time the Led Zeppelin star was booed offstage, how he worked in Woolworth's when he was hard-up, and why his pet cats are named Tipton and Dudley."

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:05 pm 
A clip online features a 14-year-old JIMMY PAGE and his skiffle band in an appearance on Huw Wheldon's BBC-TV program All Your Own in 1957. In the clip, the band performs and is interviewed by Wheldon. You can find it at http://www.youtube.com/v/cKUyHpoWnT4.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:19 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
WLTX.com reports that LED ZEPPELIN fans will get a whole "lotta" thrills if they win tickets to ride the new theme roller coaster at Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

The rock 'n' roll theme park is auctioning 15 tickets to be the first to ride the 155-foot-high roller coaster with sound system blasting the band's hit single "Whole Lotta Love".

The online auction continues through April 7, with proceeds going to charity. Winners also get a commemorative photo, park admission and autographed LED ZEPPELIN poster.

The 140-acre park, which opens later this month, will feature 40 attractions, including rides, restaurants, stores and live shows.

Easily viewed as far away as the three highway bridges that surround the Park, Led Zeppelin - The Ride will tower more than 150 feet into the sky (15 stories tall), serving as a landmark that will help travelers pinpoint Hard Rock Park whether arriving by air or land. The ride is most notable for the iconic relationship with band members Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, who have contributed to all aspects of Led Zeppelin - The Ride, including the ride's name, logo and overall look and feel of the vehicles.

Located in the Park's Rock & Roll Heaven zone, the signature steel roller coaster will thrill riders with a six-and-a-half minute experience, partially over water. Reaching speeds of 65 mph, the coaster will boast six breathtaking inversions, the largest of which will be a 120-foot loop. Every moment of the ride, including thrilling drops and loops, is timed to LED ZEPPELIN's hit single "Whole Lotta Love", creating an unprecedented sensory experience and an adrenaline rush rivaled only by a live LED ZEPPELIN concert.

The experience will begin in a huge silver airship, which is designed to make guests feel as if they are stepping onto the cover of LED ZEPPELIN's debut album. Once inside, band-related murals and props will adorn the walls, while music and videos play throughout the queue, leading to a "studio" area where guests will be treated to a moving, multimedia show before climbing aboard the coaster. As the ride begins its initial ascent, excitement will build in time with "Whole Lotta Love", which is pumped into each car, thanks to a high-fidelity on-board audio system.

Hard Rock Park will be an approximately 140-acre theme park boasting more than 40 attractions for rockers of all ages, including roller coasters, shows, children's play areas, restaurants, cafes and retail stores, a multi-purpose live music amphitheatre, and ultra-modern sound system specifically developed for the project, creating a totally immersive full-day experience.

They should play Stairway To Heaven when you're going up that first big hill... 8)

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:47 pm 
RockHard wrote:
Wow. I'm a bit surprised really.

"The Principle Of Money" :lmao:

Of course, I bet none of them are above releasing that show on DVD in the next 6 months. :wink:

WRONG!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------

LED ZEPPELIN are to disappoint fans by not releasing a DVD or CD of their one-off comeback concert. Thousands of music lovers who could not get tickets for their O2 gig in December had been hoping they could watch or listen at home. But guitarist Jimmy Page said: "It was recorded - but we didn't go in with the express purpose of making a DVD to come out at Christmas, or whatever." Page said a future release "at some distant point" was remotely possible. On December 10th, 2007, Led Zeppelin performed at London's O2 Arena at the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert. The hard rock legends performed the following songs:

'Good Times, Bad Times', 'Ramble On', 'Black Dog', 'In My Time Of Dying', 'For Your Life, 'Trampled Under Foot', 'Custard Pie', Nobody's Fault But Mine', 'No Quarter', 'Since I've Been Loving You', 'Dazed And Confused', Stairway To Heaven', 'The Song Remains The Same', 'Misty Mountain Hop', 'Kashmir'. Encore: 'Whole Lotta Love', Rock And Roll'.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:04 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
It will not come out immediately, but I predict it will come out much sooner than Page is predicting.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:08 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
It will not come out immediately, but I predict it will come out much sooner than Page is predicting.

Yep. Mr. Crowley Jr. is full of proverbial shit.

If there's one thing Page knows, it's how to make a buck at an opportune moment.

I think he gave Gene his first lesson in cha-ching. :lol:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:53 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Lisa Fleisher of MyrtleBeachOnline.com reports that one Horry County woman is paying $654 —more than $4 per second — to ride the signature roller coaster at Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Cindy Ennis, 45, said she is the top bidder in a charity eBay auction for seats on Led Zeppelin - The Ride's first public run.

The park this week auctioned off 15 seats, and Ennis said she snagged four — two in the front row, two in the second row — for a total of $1,829.

"I'm not a roller coaster enthusiast," she said. "But it was just the idea of being so close [to the front of the ride], and being the first of something — that's really what did it."

Plus, she said, the money would go to charity.

The first public ride will be held April 15, when the $400 million, 55-acre park off of U.S. 501 will open to a paying audience for the first time.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:56 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Twisted Ear reports that LED ZEPPELIN is rumored to have been in contact with PENDULUM — a drum and bass group originally hailing from Perth, Australia but now based in the United Kingdom — to remix ZEPPELIN's classic track "Immigrant Song", to be released at some point over the summer.

LED ZEPPELIN has so far not commented on the news, while the PR for PENDULUM revealed: "We just know they wanted someone cool to do a remix for some stuff they've got coming up."

It is believed that the PENDULUM remix will form part of the package that sees "Immigrant Song" released as the band's first single.

The remix has already been previewed on BBC Radio 1, where PENDULUM appeared as guest DJs.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:17 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Gigwise.com, LED ZEPPELIN has been nominated for "Best Live Act" at this year's Mojo Awards.

The veteran group picked up a nomination for its reunion show last December.

The awards will be handed out a ceremony in London on June 16.

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:40 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
According to Gigwise.com, LED ZEPPELIN has been nominated for "Best Live Act" at this year's Mojo Awards.

The veteran group picked up a nomination for its reunion show last December.

The awards will be handed out a ceremony in London on June 16.

For ONE friggin' show? :?

H&H toured all over the place last year...

Zep will win... guaranteed. :tdown

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:01 pm 
of course :roll:

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:15 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
LED ZEPPELIN is ready rock again to mark its 40th anniversary this year?

Fans have been calling for ZEPPELIN to tour after their successful gig at London's 02 Arena last December, which saw Jason Bonham on drums in place of late dad John.

Singer Robert Plant, 59, was originally opposed to the idea but has been talked round by bandmates Jimmy Page, 64, and John Paul Jones, 62.

A longtime pal, WHITESNAKE's frontman David Coverdale, said yesterday the tour was "very likely" and he was expecting to be the support act.

David said: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy any day asking my band WHITESNAKE to support them on their world tour. Am I on board? You bet. Probably worth billions!

"Unlike rolling out the wheelchairs with the umpteenth ROLLING STONES world tour, a LED ZEPPELIN tour will be incredible."

Read more at Mirror.co.uk

Profile  Offline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:53 am 
speculation, once again.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next