Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Led Zeppelin news
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:59 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
LED ZEPPELIN's concert film, "Celebration Day", which is available on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc, is likely to sell between 90,000 and 100,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on two-day sales reports compiled after the package arrived in stores on November 19 via Swan Song/Atlantic Records.

"Celebration Day" documents LED ZEPPELIN's 2007 concert at London, England's O2 Arena. The film made its U.S. debut at the historic Ziegfeld Theater in New York's theater district on October 9. Prior to the premiere, founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, for a press conference at New York's Museum of Modern Art.

LED ZEPPELIN took the stage at London's O2 Arena on December 10, 2007 to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band's signature blues-infused rock 'n' roll that instantly became part of the legend of LED ZEPPELIN. Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band's first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.

The film of "Celebration Day" saw a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17.

"Celebration Day" configurations.

* Standard Editions – 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CD set
* Deluxe Editions – 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD set featuring exclusive bonus video content including the Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
* Music Only CD Edition – 2-CD set
* Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition – Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
* Vinyl Edition – 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl (Available December 11)
* Digital Edition – Audio is available at all digital retail outlets

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
LED ZEPPELIN's concert film, "Celebration Day", which is available on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc, sold 101,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 9 on The Billboard 200 chart. The package arrived in stores on November 19 via Swan Song/Atlantic Records.

Good. It's out. Now we can stop hearing about it. :P

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:44 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Surviving LED ZEPPELIN members Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones attended a State Department Dinner for the Kennedy Center Honors gala last night (Saturday, December 1) at the State Department in Washington. Joining them were other honorees, comedian and television personality David Letterman, bluesman Buddy Guy, actor and director Dustin Hoffman and ballerina Natalia Makarova.

Check out photos at this location.

While LED ZEPPELIN is being honored as a band, keyboardist/bassist John Paul Jones, guitarist Jimmy Page and singer Robert Plant will each receive the Kennedy Center Honors.

"With their extraordinary talent, creativity and tenacity, the seven 2012 Kennedy Center honorees have contributed significantly to the cultural life of our nation and the world," said Kennedy Center Chairman David M. Rubenstein. "Buddy Guy is a titan of the blues and has been a tremendous influence on virtually everyone who has picked up an electric guitar in the last half century; Dustin Hoffman's unyielding commitment to the wide variety of roles he plays has made him one of the most versatile and iconoclastic actors of this or any other generation; David Letterman is one of the most influential personalities in the history of television, entertaining an entire generation of late-night viewers with his unconventional wit and charm; Natalia Makarova's profound artistry has ignited the stages of the world's greatest ballet companies and continues to pass the torch to the next generation of dancers; and LED ZEPPELIN's John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant transformed the sound of rock and roll with their lyricism and innovative song structures, infusing blues into the sound of rock and roll and laying the foundation for countless rock bands."

The Honors Gala will be recorded on December 2 for broadcast on the CBS network for the 35th consecutive year as a two-hour primetime special on Wednesday, December 26 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT).

On December 3, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant will guest on the "Late Show With David Letterman" when the program broadcasts from Washington D.C.

I didn't know they gave Kennedy Awards to foreigners. Just for that Queen Elizabeth is going to have to knight KISS.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Legendary rock band LED ZEPPELIN was awarded America's greatest cultural honor, the Kennedy Award, by President Barack Obama at The White House in Washington on Sunday, December 2. Also honored at the event were comedian and television personality David Letterman, bluesman Buddy Guy, actor and director Dustin Hoffman and ballerina Natalia Makarova.

LED ZEPPELIN was introduced by FOO FIGHTERS' Dave Grohl, who called the band "his teachers."

"When Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham burst onto the musical scene in the late 1960s, the world never saw it coming," Obama said in his tribute.

"There was this singer with a mane like a lion and a voice like a banshee, a guitar prodigy who left people’s jaws on the floor, a versatile bassist who was equally at home on the keyboards, a drummer who played like his life depended on it," he continued.

He added: "It’s been said that a generation of young people survived teenage angst with a pair of headphones and a ZEPPELIN album ... but even now, 32 years after John Bonham’s passing — and we all I think appreciate the fact — the ZEPPELIN legacy lives on."

The president then thanked band for behaving themselves at the White House given their history of "hotel rooms being trashed and mayhem all around."

He finished his speech, saying: "We honor LED ZEPPELIN for making us all feel young, and for showing us that some guys who are not completely youthful can still rock!"

You can watch video footage of Obama's tribute ebelow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 4Q3zKfBRnI

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:22 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
LED ZEPPELIN's concert film, "Celebration Day", which is available on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc, sold 101,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 9 on The Billboard 200 chart. The package arrived in stores on November 19 via Swan Song/Atlantic Records.

Good. It's out. Now we can stop hearing about it. :P

It's pretty good too. I haven't watched the DVD yet... but the music sounds pretty damn good.

:BB The Song Remains The Same

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:02 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse Of Radio, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones revealed some of the details following the LED ZEPPELIN jam sessions following their 2007 reunion. It's no secret that Page, Jones, and Jason Bonham were all geared up for more live work with the band, but the pair has now revealed that following Robert Plant's decision to not join in, the trio were working up original material for a new band.

Although both Steven Tyler (AEROSMITH) and Myles Kennedy (ALTER BRIDGE, SLASH) have gone public about their time working with the ZEP members, it seems now that the majority of the work was done before any vocalist entered the picture. Jimmy Page explained to Classic Rock, "Certainly for Jason, myself, and John Paul Jones; Robert had his Alison Krauss project to promote. It seemed the right thing to go in and start playing new material. I thought we really should play to our strengths here, which was the music. But there were a lot of movements to bring in singers and do this, that and the other. And that would've changed the character too early from what we were doing. I won't say there was pressure, but there was a lot of hinting about this singer and that singer. For me it was more a question of, let's see what we can really do. And I don't think we got a chance to do that. Of course we would've played LED ZEPPELIN material, but you want to be playing some really, really good new music beforehand."

John Paul Jones added that once it was clear that Robert Plant was not going to be joining the exploratory rehearsals featuring the new material, it was never going to be merely a LED ZEPPELIN project with a new lead singer. "Not at all," he said. "That's a total misunderstanding. I said, 'Of course, if we go out (on the road), we're going to have to do some ZEPPELIN numbers.' And there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, we rehearsed 'Carouselambra' (from 'In Through The Out Door'), which we've never done live before, and we had a bunch of new material done. But Jimmy and I couldn't agree on singers. . . I quite liked Myles Kennedy. He's got the range, but his voice is completely different than Robert's. Which was fine by me, because it was going to be a completely different band. But it didn't work out and we all moved on."

John Paul Jones has often made light of the fact that Page and Plant reunited in the mid-'90s for two albums and a world tour without him. He recalled that despite being partners with the pair in LED ZEPPELIN — he found out about their team-up through a third party. "I was kind of disappointed that I found out about. . . I read about it in the newspapers," he said. "I called up somebody who works with all of us at the time and said, 'I see the rumors are getting strong again,' because there's always rumors about reunions and stuff. And they said, 'Oh didn't they tell you?' And I went, 'Well, tell me what?' And he said, 'Well, they're getting back on the road again.' 'Oh, well, OK, (laughs) whatever.'"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:59 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Instead of sweating Page and Plant, I think he ought to just do another album with Them Crooked Vultures. That album was pretty damn good. 8)

:BB Dead End Friends

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
Instead of sweating Page and Plant, I think he ought to just do another album with Them Crooked Vultures. That album was pretty damn good. 8)

It was heavier than I thought it would be.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:59 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

It was heavier than I thought it would be.

Ditto... but that's not necessarily a bad thing, even for a member of the Kings of the Stolen Blues Riff.

:BB You Stole Me

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:29 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Brian Thomas Tichy and his partner Joe Sutton have decided to bring their John Bonham celebration, "Bonzo Bash", to New York and New Jersey for three shows commemorating the life of rock's ultimate drummer. The shows have been booked on May 30, May 31 and June 1 to pay tribute to John Henry Bonham on and around what would have been his 65th birthday.

Since the first epic/never done before Bonzo Bash ("The Groove Remains The Same") on September 25, 2010, which brought 18 of the world's best drummers together on one drum kit in West Hollywood, Tichy and Sutton have done a total of five Bonzo Bashes, with each one gaining more momentum and much-deserved attention. With a list that is far too long to include here, it should be noted that 50 drummers and 30 guests have performed over 100 songs through the course of these marathon shows! The last Bonzo Bash, on January 24, the most-talked-about show at the NAMM music convention, sold out and a second night could have been added! 30 drummers played with a total of 52 performers over the course of 5 hours!

Tichy said: "I had this idea back in 2010 when one day it occurred to me that John Bonham and LED ZEPPELIN were the only band I had never stopped listening to for over 30 years. The idea literally came to me in that instant. I was going to go for a backyard party or a kegger in a rehearsal room, but then figured if all these drummers actually get together and make it a "thing," it should be made available for people to see so I talked to promoter Joe Sutton, a Zep Head himself, who happened to have the exact night on hold at Key Club and that was that!

"The concept is simple: each drummer chooses his or her favorite LED ZEPPELIN song and plays it on an amber acrylic drum kit with house band THE MOBY DICKS. This coming together of the world's best drummers also brings with it an undeniable, communal spirit that is very hard to find at any other type of rock show. We all have a great time as it's all about celebrating the amazing drumming of John Bonham and his timeless impact. The energy is thick, the egoless vibes prevail and we all walk away with great memories! I've never seen so many smiling faces at a rock show!

"People constantly ask for us to take this juggernaut on the road but in theory, it's not unlike a river crossing of wildebeests during migration season! But, by going to a city like New York with my home state New Jersey next door and inviting the best drummers in the area, it became apparent that we may be able to pull this off after all!

"So, grab a couple tickets and get dazzled by a great house band and one of the most unique shows you'll ever see featuring some of the world's best drummers around!"

Spectacles:

Thursday, May 30, The Gramercy, New York City
Friday, May 31, Revolution, Amityville, Long Island, New York
Saturday, June 1, Bergan PAC, Englewood, New Jersey

Drummers:

(appearance information goes by NYC, LI and/or NJ)

* Carmine Appice (drum legend, co-hosting ONLY) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Michael Cartellone (LYNYRD SKYNYRD, DAMN YANKEES) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Liberty Devitto (BILLY JOEL) LI/ NJ
* Joe Franco (GOOD RATS, TWISTED SISTER, WIDOWMAKER) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Jerry Gaskill (KING'S X) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Jojo Mayer (NERVE) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Johnny Kelly (DANZIG, TYPE O NEGATIVE) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Jonathan Mover (ARETHA FRANKLIN, JOE SATRIANI) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* A.J. Pero (TWISTED SISTER) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Mike Portnoy (ADRENALINE MOB, WINERY DOGS, DREAM THEATER) NJ
* Thommy Price (JOAN JETT, BILLY IDOL) (NYC)
* Van Romaine (STEVE MORSE) (LI, NJ)
* Bobby Rondinelli (RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Matt Starr (ACE FREHLEY, BURNING RAIN) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Chad Szeliga (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY/ BREAKING BENJAMIN) (NJ)
* Brian Tichy (WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER, S.U.N.) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Steven Wolf (ALICIA KEYS, PINK, BRITNEY SPEARS) (NYC, LI, NJ)

Special guests:

* Russell Allen (ADRENALINE MOB, TRED) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Randy Jackson (ZEBRA) (NYC)
* Sass Jordan (S.U.N.) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Mike Orlando (ADRENALINE MOB, TRED) (NYC, LI, NJ)
* Eddie Trunk ("That Metal Show") (Hosting NJ)

***Many more drummers and special guests to be announced!***

THE MOBY DICKS:

* Rob Clores (BLACK CROWES, ENRIQUE IGLESIAS) - Keyboards (East Coast Moby Dick/Special Guest)
* John "JD" DeServio (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, C.O.P.) - Bass (East Coast Moby Dick/Special Guest)
* Chas West (BONHAM, LYNCH MOB) - Vocals (Moby Dick)
* Brent Woods (VINCE NEIL, SEBASTIAN BACH, BRENTWOOD FOREST) - Guitar (Moby Dick)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to TMZ.com, the woman who has allegedly been harassing Robert Plant for three years has been ordered to stay away from the legendary LED ZEPPELIN singer.

Plant filed a temporary restraining order earlier in the month against the woman, Alysson Billings, who has never met the LED ZEPPELIN frontman, claiming that she "leaves hotel keys for him, sends flowers, random packages, and constantly shows up to his concerts all over the world." Today, a judge made the restraining order permanent, ordering Billings to stay 300 yards away from Plant for the next three years.

Billings was said to have begun harassing Plant's girlfriend and collaborator, Patty Griffin, leaving the couple such disturbing and threatening messages as, "Your betrayal with another woman still stabs my mind"; "She's got you so p***y whooped and henpecked, it makes me want to puke. . . and I'm telling you that rotten crotch is ruining you"; and "This woman is literally evil for you and your life. . . you are about to fall for that dirty old crotch. And I'm not joking, I cannot, will not, shall not live this way anymore."

:shock:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:49 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Yikes. :scared:

Obviously, that chick hasn't seen any recent pictures of Plant. I look like an old man... but damn, he looks old enough to be my great-grandaddy. The drug years were NOT kind to that man. :lol:

:BB Lines On My Face

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14