Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Led Zeppelin news
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:00 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
"I know that bands that haven't put out a record for 10 years are playing to 20,000 people a night. But that's not the achievement. The achievement is to knock yourself out. It's a very selfish thing. The tail must never wag the dog."

I guess that means that Plant thinks we're the equivalent of a dog's ass?

Zeppelin has generations of fans of who were too young to be able to see them live originally, but I guess that doesn't matter if he can make more money spouting half-assed country tunes with some chick doing the heavy lifting for him.

Yep, selfish is the right word.

:BB Black Dog's Tail

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Unless you have a problem with agreeing to disagree with me in which case you can just agree with me in the first place making us technically disagreeing to disagree with each other. Agree?

Um. Yes.

I mean no.

Whatever.

What do you disagree with? You wouldn't want to see a Zeppelin reunion of the latest Plant & Krauss masterpiece?

:BB Steve

I don't agree with your take that artists owe their fans such things as reuniting and touring and whatnot. If your hearts not in it, it's not in it. Just because we made them rich doesn't mean they are our property. Just one Bildo's opinion. :wink:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:59 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
"I know that bands that haven't put out a record for 10 years are playing to 20,000 people a night. But that's not the achievement. The achievement is to knock yourself out. It's a very selfish thing. The tail must never wag the dog."

I guess that means that Plant thinks we're the equivalent of a dog's ass?

Zeppelin has generations of fans of who were too young to be able to see them live originally, but I guess that doesn't matter if he can make more money spouting half-assed country tunes with some chick doing the heavy lifting for him.

Yep, selfish is the right word.

:BB Black Dog's Tail

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Unless you have a problem with agreeing to disagree with me in which case you can just agree with me in the first place making us technically disagreeing to disagree with each other. Agree?

Um. Yes.

I mean no.

Whatever.

What do you disagree with? You wouldn't want to see a Zeppelin reunion of the latest Plant & Krauss masterpiece?

:BB Steve

I don't agree with your take that artists owe their fans such things as reuniting and touring and whatnot. If your hearts not in it, it's not in it. Just because we made them rich doesn't mean they are our property. Just one Bildo's opinion. :wink:

Nothing wrong with that...

I don't think we own them at all (although I'm pretty sure I paid for one of his cars all by myself :lol:)... I just think that his current material is an attempt to cash out without having to strain himself vocally. He's not out breaking new ground or doing anything that even the most eclectic of his fans would enjoy. He's playing piss-poor rehashed country duets with some chick younger than his kids to cash out on the redneck buck. To me, he's more or less turned his back on everything that made him popular in the first place, including his LEGIONS of fans who'd even be thrilled to see him do some material similar to his early solo stuff.

Plant is certainly a legend to me. We've lost so many great artists at such a young age who could have delivered many more great albums and awesome shows. It bothers me to see someone with the talent of waste his last musically productive years doing something that none of his fans can really relate to.

I'm not saying he can't branch out and do something else sometimes, but he's got millions and millions and millions of fans... and he's all but completely ignored them for the last 20 years in favor of his self-indulgent drivel. I guess he's entitled to do that, but that doesn't mean I'm not just as entitled to consider him a sell-out for it, you know what I mean?

That's where I give bands like Kiss all the credit in the world. They know they owe their success to their fans, and when they do want to do something off the beaten path (like "The Apprentice" or finger-painting), they know it's because their fans made them successful enough to do those other things. They may have missed the mark here and there with some of their material (<AHEM> "The Elder" <AHEM> :wink:), but they always were pretty quick to right the ship and give their fans something to cheer about. Even as arrogant as Gene and Paul are, they are always up-front about what they're doing, and they are always going to deliver a show or an album worth checking out. Even 40 years later, their fans are still among the most loyal out of any band you could name, and for a very good reason: Kiss never once abandoned them.

:BB Rock N Roll All Nite

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:26 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
The Elder was cool, dagnabbit!!!

:B Just A Boy

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:20 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
The Elder was cool, dagnabbit!!!

:B Just A Boy

:loser:

:lmfao:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:04 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
September 25, 2010, marks the 30th anniversary of the passing of LED ZEPPELIN drummer John Bonham. His groove and sound is considered to be the most influential of all rock-n-roll drummers; John "Bonzo" Bonham is the undisputed king. Bonzo will once again be honored in a special concert featuring rock's biggest names behind the kit at the Key Club in Hollywood, California.

On stage and for one night only, a rotating cast of guest drummers perform their favorite LED ZEPPELIN songs.

Confirmed drummers include:

* Steven Adler (GUNS N' ROSES, ADLER'S APPETITE)
* Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, DIO)
* Kenny Aronoff (JOHN COUGAR, JOHN FOGERTY)
* Frankie Banali (QUIET RIOT)
* Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN, FOREIGNER)
* Fred Coury (CINDERELLA)
* Jimmy D'Anda (BULLETBOYS)
* James Kottak (SCORPIONS)
* Khurt Maier (SALTY DOG)
* Chris Slade (THE FIRM, AC/DC)
* Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, CHICKENFOOT)
* Brian Tichy (WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER, BILLY IDOL)
* Joe Travers (ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA, DURAN DURAN)
* Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO)

Carmine Appice (VANILLA FUDGE, ROD STEWART) will perform via video.

Joining the drummers on stage will be musicians Brent Woods (guitar), Michael "Denim" Devin (bass), Keith St. John (vocals), Stephen LeBlanc (keys) and Brian Tichy (guitar).

"Not a day goes by where I don't think of John Bonham's snare sound, and it hit me — 'Why isn't there a Bonzo tribute where every drummer gets up on a Vistalite kit, with gong and timpanis, and plays their favorite ZEPPELIN song?" co-organizer Brian Tichy, said. "I thought of all the drummers I know that worship at the alter of John Bonham and being in L.A., there are so many here."

Promoter Joe Sutton took care of the rest and has helped organize this striking tribute. His moxie for the all-mighty Bonzo and LED ZEPPELIN has never wavered.

"First and foremost, LED ZEPPELIN is the greatest band in the world and it is not a coincidence that John Bonham was the drummer," Sutton said. "Bonham's drumming is one of the main reasons that they were able to sound so huge."

Sutton continued, "I remember the day that John Bonham died; it broke my heart. Not only to lose a great man and the best drummer in the world, but to lose LED ZEPPELIN as a band was just devastating to myself and everyone I knew. So to have a chance to put together a tribute 30 years later for the almighty Bonzo I will use all of my efforts and experience to put together a very special night."

Tickets for "Bonzo: The Groove Remains The Same" can be purchased at Keyclub.com.

The Key Club is located at 9039 Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:10 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Portland-based record company Jealous Butcher Records has set an October 12 release date for a double-disc compilation of LED ZEPPELIN cover songs, Six years in the making, "From The Land Of The Ice And Snow: The Songs Of Led Zeppelin" features more than 50 artists and bands as well as cover artwork by Carson Ellis and inner gatefold art by John King.

It started out as a fantasy.

Rob (Jealous Butcher), Matt Ward and John King were sitting around the basement in the evening working on cover art for a project, espousing their love and respect for LED ZEPPELIN in their formative musical years. And wouldn't it be nice to put together a tribute release featuring friends both near and afar, not being a "who's who" sort of tribute, but rather a "community" inspired collection of ZEPPELIN songs?

One thing led to another and before he knew it, Rob was sending out a missive through his network, calling for submissions, wondering if anyone would even be interested. At the outset there was no real concern for pedigree, or professionalism, in the traditional manner, the only stipulation was that the tracks had to be good.

Fast-forward six years, 50 tracks, countless hours of recording, tracking, editing, mastering, talking, drinking, and thinking about all things LED ZEPPELIN and you now presented with "From The Land Of Ice And Snow: The Songs Of Led Zeppelin".

A third disc's worth of songs will be available as a bonus digital download.

Jealous Butcher will donate a portion of the record proceeds from the sale of the album to a non-profit called First Octave, which aids public school music programs in the Portland area.

Disc 1:

01. Good Times Bad Times - KIND OF LIKE SPITTING
02. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - THE CLAMPITT FAMILY
03. Dazed And Confused - THE PORTLAND CELLO PROJECT featuring LAURA GIBSON & JOHN MOEN
04. Your Time Is Gonna Come - NICK JAINA
05. Whole Lotta Love - FUKD'UPTIGHT
06. Poor Tom - ADAM SELZER
07. Nobody's Fault But Mine - CARCRASHLANDER
08. Fool In The Rain - KAIA
09. Thank You - DAN JONES
10. Heartbreaker - LACKTHEREOF FEAT. PETE MCCRACKEN
11. Moby Dick - KNOCK-KNOCK
12. Out On The Tiles - SUPER XX MAN
13. Friends - AMY ANELLE & THE SHISHI VALLEY BOYS
14. Tangerine - JEFF LONDON
15. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp - ARCH CAPE
16. Hey Hey What Can I Do - WEINLAND
17. In The Evening - CHRIS WALLA

Disc 2:

01. Black Dog - LANA REBEL
02. Rock and Roll - PELLET GUN
03. The Battle of Evermore - TU FAWNING
04. Stairway To Heaven - KELLY BLAIR BAUMAN
05. Misty Moutain Hop - BUELTON
06. Four Sticks - REBECCA GATES AND THE CONSORTIUM
07. Over The Hills and Far Away - JOHANNA KUNIN
08. No Quarter - TESTFACE
09. The Ocean - LAURA VEIRS & MOUNT ANALOG
10. Houses Of The Holy - BELTLINE
11. Kashmir - LOCH LOMOND
12. In The Light - THE LONG WINTERS
13. Bron-Yr-Aur - M. WARD
14. Down By The Seaside - POWER OF COUNTY
15. All My Love - PARKS & RECREATION
16. I'm Gonna Crawl - DAVE DEPPER

Digital bonus tracks:

01. Communication Breakdown - CAPTAIN VS. CREW
02. Heartbreaker - WOW & FLUTTER
03. Ramble On - THE LITTLE BETTERS
04. Immigrant Song - LEIGH MARBLE
05. That's The Way - THIS BUSY MONSTER
06. Rock and Roll - TRACTOR OPERATOR
07. Going To California - THE VALIANT ARMS
08. When the Levee Breaks - LARRY CRANE
09. The Rain Song - ANTLERAND
10. Over The Hills and Far Away - THE MIGHTY GHOSTS OF HEAVEN
11. Dancing Days - MISS MURGATROID AND THE QUEENS OF HEART
12. D'yer Mak'er - CHAD CROUCH
13. The Wanton Song - REMOTE TREE CHILDREN
14. Nobodys Fault But Mine V.1 - CARCRASHLANDER
15. Going To California - COOL SUMNER featuring LISA SCHONBERG, KATY DAVIDSON & TARA JANE O'NEIL
16. Tea For One - LKN
17. Hot Dog - THE BIG RIVER BAND

For more information, go to www.jealousbutcher.com

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:25 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
I've never heard of any of those bands... :?

I guess it's a compilation of small-timers and club circuit bands... :shrug:

Interesting. :hmm:

No! I will not do it. :x

:lol:

:BB I Can't Quit You, Amazon

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:45 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
United Stations Radio Networks, Inc. (USRN) and Denny Somach Productions (DSP) announced that it would be conducting the first annual poll to determine the most popular songs by the renowned British rock band LED ZEPPELIN.

The Zeptember event will be featured in connection with "Carol Miller's Get the Led Out" radio program and accompanying web site LedZepOnline.com.

"Carol Miller's Get the Led Out" is a programming package of long- and short-form features hosted by New York radio legend Carol Miller. Affiliates are provided with a one-hour weekly program and five weekly short features which can double as podcasts, all of which examine the career of the band that is generally acknowledged as the greatest hard rock band of all time, LED ZEPPELIN. The programs are produced by veteran producer Denny Somach and distributed by United Stations Radio Networks. The announcement came from Somach and USRN's EVP/Programming, Andy Denemark, at the network's New York headquarters.

Producer Denny Somach stated, "This will not be just another poll determined by music critics, but by radio listeners and fans who are actually responsible for making ZEPPELIN one of the biggest bands in the world."

Carol Miller echoes Denny's sentiments: "In my book, the listeners always come first, so I'm thrilled to turn the voting over to my fellow ZEPPELIN fans!"

The radio program and accompanying web site, LedZepOnline.com, will begin to reveal the final results (which are sure to be highly controversial) during the month of October.

"Carol Miller's Get the Led Out" is heard on over 100 rock stations, including WAXQ in New York and KLOS in Los Angeles.

I only posted that story so I could say what's the point and who gives a fuck. :mrgreen:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:25 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
I only posted that story so I could say what's the point and who gives a fuck. :mrgreen:

What an original name for that chick's show too... :roll:

I think nearly every classic rock station in the country has a "Get The Led Out" block.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:07 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
LED ZEPPELIN's Robert Plant and Jimmy Page will be interviewed on the "In The Studio" show during the week of October 18. They will discuss the 40th anniversary of "Led Zeppelin III" with professional radio broadcaster and rock musician interviewer Redbeard. with the Dallas, Texas-based rock and roll disc jockey Redbeard.

"In The Studio" is a weekly hour-long interview-with-music "rockumentary" which looks at the making of many of the greatest albums recorded in rock and roll history, although sometimes it spotlights the history of rock and roll bands. Redbeard interviews the musicians who created these classic albums.

For more information and a preview clip, go to this location.

http://www.inthestudio.net/

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:25 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
WTF?!

According to Billboard.biz, LED ZEPPELIN's classic 1971 album "Led Zeppelin IV" (which spent four weeks at No. 2), sold around 3,600 copies in the United States last week to return to the chart (No. 166) for the first time since 1987. The LP — which is priced at $5.99 at AmazonMP3 and $6.99 at iTunes — is up 273% in overall sales (compared to around 980 copies sold the previous week) and 654% in downloads.

On November 8, "Led Zeppelin" turned 40. The album has been referred to as "Led Zeppelin IV", following the naming standard used by the band's first three studio albums and even four symbols that symbolized each band member: singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page, bassist John Paul Jones and late drummer John Bonham. Not only does the album have no title, but there is no writing on the front or back cover, or even a catalogue number on the spine (at least on the original LP release).

Following the lukewarm reaction to the band's acoustic-leaning "III" album, "Led Zeppelin IV" was more upbeat and sits as one of the most influential albums in hard rock/heavy metal history.

"Led Zeppelin IV" is the third best-selling album of all time in the U.S., with cumulative sales of more than 23 million.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
When that can still happen in a world full of Biebers and Gagas...

It's time to give a hearty "Hell yeah!" :beerbang:

:BB Rock And Roll

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:45 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Maybe I should look into this i-v album.....

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:06 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Maybe I should look into this i-v album.....

Sometimes, I really don't know how you got here. :lol:

Then again, hearing about your many Google/search mishaps helps explain things a bit.

:BB Musta Got Lost

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:39 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Alfred Music Publishing, the world leader in educational print music publishing since 1922, releases Led Zeppelin Guitar Method Book and enhanced CD set, the first-ever guitar method to feature songs from the legendary band, with instructional material by award-winning authors Ron Manus and L. C. Harnsberger.

The highly anticipated Led Zeppelin Guitar Method teaches the essentials required to play guitar right away, applied to 26 time-honored songs from the iconic band, written in standard notation and TAB. Beginning with the vocal melodies, the method book quickly moves on to teach authentic-sounding guitar parts of such classics as "Stairway To Heaven", "Immigrant Song", "Whole Lotta Love", "Misty Mountain Hop", "Over The Hills And Far Away", "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", and many more. ZEPPELIN songs are used to illustrate and teach concepts such as popular chord forms, major and minor scales, power chords, hammer-ons and pull-offs, and much more. Carefully arranged to capture the essence of their original recordings, some song arrangements have been simplified to facilitate a faster, more enjoyable learning process.

The included enhanced CD demonstrates every song and exercise found in the book, playable on any conventional CD player. Computer playback of the disc delivers Alfred's exclusive Tone 'N' Tempo Changer technology, allowing users to easily slow down, speed up, change keys, and loop sections of the songs for practice — an invaluable tool in the journey to learning how to play the guitar. The book also includes a helpful chord and guitar fingerboard chart. As a bonus, historical facts and photos of LED ZEPPELIN are featured throughout the method book.

The Led Zeppelin Guitar Method Book and enhanced CD set (00-33568) is available for $24.99 at music retail stores and at alfred.com/guitar.

Titles:

* Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
* The Battle Of Evermore
* Boogie With Stu
* Bring It On Home
* Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
* Communication Breakdown
* Dazed And Confused
* Going To California
* Good Times Bad Times
* Heartbreaker
* How Many More Times
* Immigrant Song
* The Lemon Song
* Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
* Misty Mountain Hop
* Moby Dick
* Out On The Tiles
* Over The Hills And Far Away
* Rock And Roll
* Stairway To Heaven
* Thank You
* What Is And What Should Never Be
* When The Levee Breaks
* Whole Lotta Love
* You Shook Me

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next