Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Led Zeppelin news
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:15 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
That's pretty cool. I might have to check that out... 8)

Maybe it will get me to actually practice a little... Maybe. :lol:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
After three groundbreaking tribute shows entitled "Bonzo: The Groove Remains The Same", as well as popular demand and a collective passion and respect amongst all the participating drummers, past and present to John Bonham, the greatest rock drummer ever, Brian Tichy and Joe Sutton have decided to go for it once again!

Bonzo's Birthday Bash is taking place on May 31; Bonzo's exact birthday! Many of the past drummers who have performed already are back, as well as some new players!

WHITESNAKE drummer and Bonzo Bash founder Brian Tichy says, "When I first thought of this, the idea seemed too cool and simple NOT to try; get a John Bonham replica drum set, complete with gong and timpani, up front, center stage, and have each drummer perform their favorite LED ZEP song with a house band (THE MOBY DICKS). There are no rules other than to have fun putting your own groove and character into your song choice! It's such a unique night, seeing how all these great drummers approach the same drum set making it their own! And THE MOBY DICKS hold their own as a true force to be reckoned with! We have structure and within the structure there is total freedom, making the pace and vibe of this show somewhere between a backyard party and a.... backyard party with a killer band playing LED ZEP songs! Haha! Our previous shows were named 'The Groove Remains The Same', but this tribute falls on Bonzo's exact birthday and we wanted to let that be known!

"I am a tried and true Zep Head; a total Bonzo freak! Bonzo is my lifelong most 'listened to' drummer! This is a labor of love. The camaraderie and ego-less respect amongst all involved is something very rare to be a part of these days. Ask any of us! We've never been part of a show quite like this before! There has never been a tribute like this to a musician before! John Bonham deserves it! Bonzo's Birthday Bash is the ultimate tribute show and that's that! So get a ticket, get a good seat, grab a now classic 'Bonzo Burger' and get into the festivities!"

The following drummers will take part in the event:

* Steven Adler (GUNS 'N ROSES, ADLER)
* Seven Antonopoulos (OPIATE FOR THE MASSES, LEAVES' EYES)
* Camine Appice (ROD STEWART, VANILLA FUDGE, CACTUS)
* Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, KILL DEVIL HILL)
* Frankie Banali (QUIET RIOT)
* Bobby Blotzer (RATT)
* Fred Coury (CINDERELLA)
* Jimmy D'Anda (BULLETBOYS)
* Ray Luzier (KORN)
* Khurt Maier (SALTY DOG)
* Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER, ADRENALINE MOB)
* Glen Sobel (ALICE COOPER)
* Brian Tichy (WHITESNAKE, S.U.N.)
* Joe Travers (ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA)
* Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO)

THE MOBY DICKS lineup:

* Michael Devin (WHITESNAKE) - bass (Whitesnake)
* Stephen LeBlanc (JASON BONHAM'S LED ZEP EXPERIENCE) - keyboards
* Keith St. John (MONTROSE) - Vocals
* Brian Tichy (S.U.N.) - Guitar, Drums
* Brent Woods (BRENTWOOD FOREST) - Lead And Rhythm Guitars

Tickets will be available at www.hob.com on Thursday, May 3. Tickets are $25 and $30 day of show.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:00 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Oh, look. Portnoy's going to be there. :roll:

:lmfao:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
After three groundbreaking tribute shows entitled "Bonzo: The Groove Remains The Same", as well as popular demand and a collective passion and respect amongst all the participating drummers, past and present to John Bonham, the greatest rock drummer ever, Brian Tichy and Joe Sutton have decided to go for it once again!

Bonzo's Birthday Bash is taking place on May 31; Bonzo's exact birthday! Many of the past drummers who have performed already are back, as well as some new players!

WHITESNAKE drummer and Bonzo Bash founder Brian Tichy says, "In the past week, we have grown dramatically due to exorbitant amounts of serendipitous occurrences within and around this planet's desire to groove and be grooved!

"We are thrilled to bring you the awesome talent of Gregg Bissonette (DAVID LEE ROTH, RINGO STARR ALL STARR BAND), Virgil Donati (ALLAN HOLDSWORTH, SEVEN THE HARDWAY), Troy Patrick Farrell (WHITE LION), Roy Mayorga (STONE SOUR), Troy Luccketta (TESLA), Mark Schulman (FOREIGNER), Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES), Yael (THE LOVE PROJECT, UGLY KID JOE), Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW) and Jeff Pilson (FOREIGNER, DOKKEN, DIO)."

Tichy added, "Bonzo's Birthday Bash is the equivalent of a gong on fire on top of an erupting volcano next to a wildebeest migration complete with lurking, starving crocodiles and a fireworks finale across the river that not even the Olympics can rival!!"

Regarding this year's event, Tichy previously said, "When I first thought of this, the idea seemed too cool and simple NOT to try; get a John Bonham replica drum set, complete with gong and timpani, up front, center stage, and have each drummer perform their favorite LED ZEP song with a house band (THE MOBY DICKS). There are no rules other than to have fun putting your own groove and character into your song choice! It's such a unique night, seeing how all these great drummers approach the same drum set making it their own! And THE MOBY DICKS hold their own as a true force to be reckoned with! We have structure and within the structure there is total freedom, making the pace and vibe of this show somewhere between a backyard party and a.... backyard party with a killer band playing LED ZEP songs! Haha! Our previous shows were named 'The Groove Remains The Same', but this tribute falls on Bonzo's exact birthday and we wanted to let that be known!

"I am a tried and true Zep Head; a total Bonzo freak! Bonzo is my lifelong most 'listened to' drummer! This is a labor of love. The camaraderie and ego-less respect amongst all involved is something very rare to be a part of these days. Ask any of us! We've never been part of a show quite like this before! There has never been a tribute like this to a musician before! John Bonham deserves it! Bonzo's Birthday Bash is the ultimate tribute show and that's that! So get a ticket, get a good seat, grab a now classic 'Bonzo Burger' and get into the festivities!"

The following drummers will take part in the event:

* Steven Adler (GUNS 'N ROSES, ADLER)
* Seven Antonopoulos (OPIATE FOR THE MASSES, LEAVES' EYES)
* Camine Appice (ROD STEWART, VANILLA FUDGE, CACTUS)
* Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, KILL DEVIL HILL)
* Frankie Banali (QUIET RIOT)
* Bobby Blotzer (RATT)
* Fred Coury (CINDERELLA)
* Jimmy D'Anda (BULLETBOYS)
* Ray Luzier (KORN)
* Khurt Maier (SALTY DOG)
* Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER, ADRENALINE MOB)
* Glen Sobel (ALICE COOPER)
* Brian Tichy (WHITESNAKE, S.U.N.)
* Joe Travers (ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA)
* Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO)
* Virgil Donati (ALLAN HOLDSWORTH, SEVEN THE HARDWAY)
* Troy Patrick Farrell (WHITE LION)
* Troy Luccketta (TESLA)
* Mark Schulman (FOREIGNER)
* Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES, THE CULT)
* Yael (THE LOVE PROJECT, UGLY KID JOE)

Special Guests of Groove:

* Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW)
* Jeff Pilson (FOREIGNER)

THE MOBY DICKS lineup:

* Michael Devin (WHITESNAKE) - bass (Whitesnake)
* Stephen LeBlanc (JASON BONHAM'S LED ZEP EXPERIENCE) - keyboards
* Keith St. John (MONTROSE) - Vocals
* Brian Tichy (S.U.N.) - Guitar, Drums
* Brent Woods (BRENTWOOD FOREST) - Lead And Rhythm Guitars

Tickets are available at www.hob.com. Tickets are $25 and $30 day of show.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:56 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Wow. That is growing into quite a list... :shock:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:59 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Faber has set a September 6 release date for the "Trampled Under Foot: The Power And Excess Of Led Zeppelin" book by British music critic Barney Hoskyns.

The 624-page book is described as follows: "A unique look at the history, adventures, myths and realities of this most legendary and powerful of bands, it is a labor of love based on hours of first-hand and original interviews. What emerges is a compelling portrait of the four musicians themselves, as well as a fresh insight into the close-knit entourage that protected them, from Peter Grant to Richard Cole to Ahmet Ertegun, giant figures from the long-vanished world of 1970s rock. Featuring many rare and never-before-seen photographs, it is also the first book on LED ZEPPELIN to cover such recent events as their triumphant 2007 O2 Arena gig and Robert Plant's Grammy-winning resurgence of recent years."

In a recent interview with Metro.co.uk, Hoskyns stated about "Trampled Under Foot", "Most [existing LED ZEPPELIN books] recycle tales of groupies and mudsharks and chucking TV sets out of windows. For me, this is terribly boring. I wanted to demystify the band but, at the same time, I uncovered stuff that's even more shocking. ZEPPELIN were the biggest band on Earth in the 1970s and were a law unto themselves. They drove through red lights in limousines, there were many brutish incidents of physical violence. Any mess was cleaned up very efficiently."

He added, "[I interviewed] nearly 200 people [for the book] and I had earlier interviews with [Jimmy] Page, Robert Plant and [John Paul Jones] in the bank. The sheer number of interviews persuaded me to repurpose it as an oral history, without an overarching narrator."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:58 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to a posting (since removed) on the web site of Belgian classic rock radio station RTBF, LED ZEPPELIN's reunion for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at London's O2 Arena in December 2007 will finally be released on DVD and CD in November. Citing sources at Warner Music, the site reported that the set will consist of a double DVD accompanied by two CDs.

An estimated nine million people applied for the 18,000 tickets to the O2 Arena show, which featured Jason Bonham taking his late father's place behind the drum kit.

In its review of the concert, NME.com wrote that LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant spoke little during the show, but when he did, it was mostly to pay tribute to Ertegun, who he said after first encore "Whole Lotta Love", "ran the best label in the world" in Atlantic Records.

Speaking to the Los Angeles radio station KLOS in December 2010, Jason stated about the prospect of the concert being released on DVD, "Nothing is official, as yet. I only know that because Robert had said that he'd watched it. I really do hope that it eventually will see the light of day. It's just nice to know that Robert had seen it, so I knew something, but it was nice that he rang up and said, 'Wow, it sounded great.' Fingers crossed, everybody… fingers crossed."

In an interview with U.K.'s Telegraph.co.uk, Plant was asked about ZEPPELIN's 2007 reunion concert. "I really had a wonderful time," said Plant. "It was the best LED ZEPPELIN gig since 1975."

When asked if he would do it again, Plant replied, "I don't think so. You've got to have a lot in common with the people you're working with at this time in your life. Everything has to move on and forward, in all relationships.

"I know that bands that haven't put out a record for 10 years are playing to 20,000 people a night. But that's not the achievement. The achievement is to knock yourself out. It's a very selfish thing. The tail must never wag the dog."

A few months back, radio personality and "That Metal Show" co-host Eddie Trunk tweeted, "Heard from a very reliable source backstage at AEROSMITH show that there will be some sort of LED ZEPPELIN activity around Christmas."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:31 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
According to a posting (since removed) on the web site of Belgian classic rock radio station RTBF, LED ZEPPELIN's reunion for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at London's O2 Arena in December 2007 will finally be released on DVD and CD in November. Citing sources at Warner Music, the site reported that the set will consist of a double DVD accompanied by two CDs.

YESSSSSSS!!!! I just love me some Zep. Even 3/4 of Zep knocks the ever-loving shit out of most bands.

Sold and sold. 8)

:BB Ten Years Gone

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
On Saturday (September 8), LED ZEPPELIN posted a cryptic graphic on its Facebook page that is believed to be releated to the imminent announcement of the DVD/CD release of the band's 2007 reunion for the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert at London's O2 Arena.

An image with the number "Five" — in ZEPPELIN logo font — has sent the rumor mill into overdrive as fans speculate about its meaning.

One clue may have been offered by LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page's manager, Peter Mensch, who alluded to the upcoming release in a tweet on Saturday, writing, "it's almost here. I've seen it and heard it. almost 5 years to the day."

Mensch was more specific in a July 9 tweet when he wrote, "today, [producer/engineer Alan] Moulder continues with his stellar mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here."

The new LED ZEPPELIN set is rumored to consist of a double DVD accompanied by two CDs and is expected to be released in November.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:22 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Mensch was more specific in a July 9 tweet when he wrote, "today, [producer/engineer Alan] Moulder continues with his stellar (ahem... OVERDUBBING... ahem...) mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here."

Sorry. Just clearing my throat. :lol:

:BB Achilles' Last Remix

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
A trailer for the upcoming "Celebration Day" release (11/19):

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:09 pm 
Registered Rushaholic
Meh .. don't know if I'll get it or not , I have a good multi-cam boot without over dubs already. Plant was right not to tour.

ImageImageImageImage

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:46 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
LED ZEPPELIN's surviving members will take part in a press event this Friday, September 21 to promote "Celebration Day", the film capturing the band's 2007 reunion show at London's O2 Arena that will premiere in theaters around the world next month. Singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones all will be on hand to meet with the media, and also will attend a screening of the movie.

"Celebration Day" will see a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17. The theatrical screenings will follow premieres in London, Los Angeles, New York, and other major cities. "Celebration Day" will then be available in multiple video and audio formats on November 19 from Swan Song/Atlantic Records. Specific product details will be announced soon.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Peter Mensch, the manager of LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page, told the U.K.'s Sunday Times that the legendary axeman is holed up in a west London studio "remastering every LED ZEPPELIN LP." It is believed that the new remasters, which are tentatively due next year, will possibly include alternate takes and unreleased material as well.

Page recently told Mojo magazine that there are plans to release each ZEPPELIN studio album as a box set with additional material from each LP. In addition, it was revealed in an article in The Australian that artist Shepard Fairley has been tapped to re-design the artwork for the upcoming reissues.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:33 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Peter Mensch, the manager of LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page, told the U.K.'s Sunday Times that the legendary axeman is holed up in a west London studio "remastering every LED ZEPPELIN LP." It is believed that the new remasters, which are tentatively due next year, will possibly include alternate takes and unreleased material as well.

Page recently told Mojo magazine that there are plans to release each ZEPPELIN studio album as a box set with additional material from each LP. In addition, it was revealed in an article in The Australian that artist Shepard Fairley has been tapped to re-design the artwork for the upcoming reissues.

Oh, shit! :headsmack:

I need a "fainting" smilie for my poor Visa.

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next