Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Robert Plant
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
RockHard wrote:
What the hell is it with Robert Plant these days? :shrug:

Every year, he does something different... which would be OK, if the music was good. :lol:

:BB Big Log

It's like he's going out of his way to play music with everybody BUT Led Zeppelin. :P

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:04 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

Every year, he does something different... which would be OK, if the music was good. :lol:

It's like he's going out of his way to play music with everybody BUT Led Zeppelin. :P

Yep. He can still carry a tune... just not those tunes. :gig:

He'd probably give himself a hernia trying to do You Shook Me or The Immigrant Song... :lol:

:BB Communication Breakdown

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:59 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

He'd probably give himself a hernia trying to do You Shook Me or The Immigrant Song... :lol:

Yeah, that wouldn't be lemon juice running down his leg.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:49 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:
RockHard wrote:

Yeah, that wouldn't be lemon juice running down his leg.

:scared:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to This Is Gloucestershire, Robert Plant and his new band the SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS will make their live debut on May 8 at the Gloucester Guildhall in Gloucester, England.

Commented Gloucester Guildhall programming and marketing manager Joe Schiavon: "It gives me great pleasure to announce LED ZEPPELIN frontman and award-winning solo artist Robert Plant will be performing an exclusive low-key warm-up show at Gloucester Guildhall next month. This is obviously a massive show for us, and we can't wait to host it."

SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS's lineup will include the former LED ZEPPELIN singer alongside members of his former backing band STRANGE SENSATION and regular collaborator Justin Adams.

SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS say they draw inspiration "from the roots music of Mississippi, Appalachia, Gambia, Bristol and the foothills of Wolverhampton."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
"It gives me great pleasure to announce LED ZEPPELIN frontman and award-winning solo artist Robert Plant will be performing an exclusive low-key warm-up show at Gloucester Guildhall next month.

That's because he hasn't been able to sing in the higher keys for years now... :rim:

:BB Tall Cool One

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:52 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Artists Den Entertainment and Universal Music Group will release "Robert Plant & The Band Of Joy: Live From The Artists Den" on 5.1 Blu-ray and DVD in the U.S. on July 10. On July 9, these products will be released internationally under exclusive license through Universal Music Group international. This epic show was filmed as a rare, intimate performance at the historic War Memorial Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee. Selections from the show aired nationwide on public television's "Live From The Artists Den", the hit music series featuring acclaimed artists performing in extraordinary settings. Now released in full for the first time, the DVD features bonus interview clips and concert footage not included in the television broadcast, including six LED ZEPPELIN classics, three of which have never been shown before. The DVD will also be presented as a featured story and product release for public television's "National Pledge" starting July 26, The series is a production of Artists Den Entertainment in association with WNET New York Public Media, and is distributed by American Public Television. The show was filmed at the magnificent War Memorial Auditorium, a landmark building established in 1925 as a tribute to the thousands of Tennesseans who gave their lives during World War I. A rare snowy day in Nashville set the stage for an even rarer event at the one-of-a-kind venue — a career-spanning concert by icon Plant and the BAND OF JOY, featuring LED ZEPPELIN favorites, traditional songs, hits from Plant's solo catalog, and new material.

Robert Plant explains the excitement of the evening in his own words in the liner notes included with the DVD: "Some years back I was propelled by chance, with little planning or expectation into an American way...with a lean and pull into a new direction...voices and harmony, restraint and explosion, tight and loose, great joy in great company....in a blizzard in Nashville. My thanks to one and all for aiding and abetting this exciting bend in the road."

"Robert Plant & The Band Of Joy: Live From The Artists Den" is the sixth concert DVD release from the Artists Den.

Track listing:

01. Black Dog
02. Angel Dance
03. Houses Of The Holy
04. House Of Cards
05. Cindy, I'll Marry You Someday
06. Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down
07. Somewhere Trouble Don't Go
08. Tangerine
09. A Satisfied Mind
10. Move Up
11. Down To The Sea
12. Ramble On
13. Gallows Pole
14. In The Mood
15. Rock And Roll
16. I Bid You Goodnight

Rock And Roll Hall Of Famer Robert Plant has over 40 years invested in his legendary career in music — and he's still going strong. In 1967, he formed a group called the BAND OF JOY with drummer John Bonham, before the two joined with guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones the following year to form the world-renowned LED ZEPPELIN. After his 2007 "Raising Sand" collaboration with Alison Krauss garnered him six Grammy Awards, Plant created a new BAND OF JOY, which features Nashville native Buddy Miller and Artists Den alumna Patty Griffin. Their widely acclaimed album, "Band Of Joy", was nominated for "Best Americana Album" and "Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance" at the 2011 Grammy Awards.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:02 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
That'll probably be an interesting one. I'm really curious how his voice holds up against some of the Zep material.

:BB (Old) Black Dog

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:10 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant has recorded guest vocals for the new album from British modern rockers PRIMAL SCREAM, due in 2013.

Speaking to Mojo magazine, Plant said he wants to carry on singing, but doesn't want to start a new band or make a full album. He said: "Everything we did back in those days and everything I have done since has been based on a fresh approach. What's going on? What can I be as a singer that doesn't play much? That's how I see everything: what can I be a part of that's exciting? And if anybody's got any ideas, then I'm always up for it." He added: "I sang a bit on the PRIMAL's stuff because I think their references on looking back on the glorious past and the way they bring them into the contemporary world are fantastic."

Plant previously played harmonica on PRIMAL SCREAM's 2002 song "The Lord Is My Shotgun", which was featured on the band's "Evil Heat" album.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
LED ZEPPELIN frontman Robert Plant has recorded guest vocals for the new album from British modern rockers PRIMAL SCREAM, due in 2013.

I just bought Primal Scream's GH a few months ago.

:BB Rocks Off

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
A fan jumped on stage last Thursday (November 1) during Robert Plant's concert in Buenos Aires, Argentina, forcing the LED ZEPPELIN singer to crouch backward while security dragged the young man off stage.

According to Spinner.com, Plant and his group THE SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS had just performed ZEPPELIN's "Going to California" at Estadio Luna Park and were wrapping up "Rock And Roll" when "a man jump[ed] onstage and approach[ed] Plant from his left as the 64-year-old thank[ed] the crowd for coming out. Plant [saw] the fan at the last minute and crouche[d] backward. However, a roadie [came] from the other side of the stage. In trying to tackle the fan, the roadie inadvertently knock[ed] Plant over to the ground. The singer quickly [got] up and [said], 'Easy, easy' in the direction of the roadies, most likely asking them to not rough up the fan. Fortunately, the fan had no weapon nor [did] it appear that Plant was injured."

"Thank you very much for the fun," Plant said before he left the stage.

LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe recently spent five weeks in a jail in the Czech Republic where he is facing manslaughter charges in connection with the death of a fan more than two years ago.

Blythe, 41, is accused of causing the fatal injury that occurred at LAMB OF GOD's May 24, 2010 show in Prague. The singer allegedly either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel N. — a guitarist in a local metal band — and that person died almost a month later of bleeding in the brain.

A number of rockers have come to Randy's defense, with many of them citing the 2004 shooting death onstage of PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott as the reason why musicians are so defensive nowadays about fans invading the stage.

DISTURBED drummer Mike Wengren told The Pulse Of Radio not along after Dimebag was shot that his death had cast a shadow over live performing. "I think one of the most scariest things is, you go up onstage, and there's this energy transfer between the band and the crowd, and you almost feel invincible. You feel very empowered. Never in a million years would anyone ever think something like that was even possible, and I think it just caught everyone off guard. It's pretty scary."

Speaking to Metalholic.com, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH drummer Jeremy Spencer said, "I think for fans these days, especially after the 'Dimebag' Darrell incident, I just think don't [go up] on stage unless you're invited — I mean, that's the only time. Because everything changed after that day. . . These days, it's almost better to stay off the stage unless you're invited, I think. That's my take on it, anyway."

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH bassist Chris Kael simply tweeted, "Everything changed on December 8, 2004. #stayoffthestage #FreeRandyBlythe," while ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian wrote, "It's complete and utter bullshit for him to be treated like a criminal for something he didn't do. Now fans can see firsthand why there's no stage diving anymore. Especially in the post-Darrell world we live in . . . Of course it's sad that this person died, it's a tragedy, but it's not Randy's fault."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7KHFLNN-G0

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:45 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
A little ironic that the guy who really didn't want to revisit the past is on stage in Brazil doing a set full of Zep tunes anyway, isn't it? :lol:

Glad he's OK, though. :B

:BB Ten Years Gone (And Then Some)

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:53 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Although it has been reported that legendary LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant has written one new album with his backing band THE SENSATIONAL SHAPE SHIFTERS and another with singer/songwriter Buddy Miller, he tells Brian Ives of CBS Local that he will take it easy during the coming months.

"I think I might just chill for a while, to be honest," he says. "I'm enjoying life and spending more time in America now. I really enjoy it. I'm becoming way more aware and opinionated and stimulated by these new adventures. Everybody says I'm workaholic, and I just keep going and going. And I will do that [again]. But I want to explore more. When I think about how I was writing when I was a kid, when I was 20 or whatever, it was all about travel and journey and stimulus. I'm getting on a bit now, but I have to look at more stuff to be able to write cohesively."

Plant has also contributed to the next record from his girlfriend, singer/songwriter Patty Griffin, who was part of his backing group on his BAND OF JOY tour. "It's a brilliant record," said Plant. "It's produced by Craig Ross. I just joined her on a couple of songs, which we wrote together. It's great stuff, it's really good."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:33 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
Although it has been reported that legendary LED ZEPPELIN singer Robert Plant has written one new album with his backing band THE SENSATIONAL SHAPE SHIFTERS and another with singer/songwriter Buddy Miller, he tells Brian Ives of CBS Local that he will take it easy during the coming months.

I just bought a Buddy Miller CD not too long ago. Fantastic songwriter and musician... :tup

:BB Shelter Me

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:37 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to USA Today, It Books — an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers — has acquired rights to a biography of LED ZEPPELIN vocalist Robert Plant, to be published in the U.K. in October 2013, and appear in the U.S. in January 2014.

"Robert Plant: A Life" is written by former Q and Kerrang! editor Paul Rees, and is based on in-depth interviews with those closest to to the LED ZEPPELIN frontman as well as access to the singer himself. It will follow Plant's career from early folk gigs in the 1960s in the Black Country, to his globe-spanning success with rock pioneers LED ZEPPELIN, as well as his recent Grammy-winning career working alongside bluegrass singer Alison Krauss.

Natalie Jerome, publishing director at Harper Non-Fiction U.K., and Denise Oswald, senior editor for It Books/HarperCollins U.S., bought the rights from Matthew Hamilton at Aitken Alexander and Matthew Elblonk at DeFiore and Company.

Jerome said: "Robert Plant's stature as one of the greatest frontmen of all time is without question and as fans of his music from LED ZEP to present, we have long wanted to publish his story. This book is as close to Plant telling his own story in his own words as we've seen or heard to date.

"Paul's close professional relationship with Robert is going to make for a revealing read and we can't wait to bring one of the greatest untold rock n' roll stories to the world."

Robert Plant is one of the few genuine living rock legends. Frontman of LED ZEPPELIN, musical innovator and seller of millions of records, Plant has been a profound influence on music, culture and modern history for over 40 years. Volumes have been written on the ZEPPELIN story, but Plant's tale has barely been told — until now.

Vividly written and meticulously researched by acclaimed music writer Paul Rees, "Robert Plant: A Life" is an indispensible part of any music bookshelf.

For more than a decade, Robert Plant led one of the biggest and most successful rock bands of all time: LED ZEPPELIN. The sheer scale of their success is extraordinary: in the U.S. alone they sold 70 million records, a figure surpassed only by THE BEATLES, while "Stairway To Heaven", the band's most recognizable song, has been played more times on American radio than any other track.

But Plant's legacy stretches far beyond the band. Here Paul Rees, whose professional relationship with Plant spans decades, brings the whole picture into focus for the first time — from the forces that shaped him as a boy in the Black Country to the ravaging highs and lows of the ZEPPELIN years; from his relationship with Jimmy Page and John Bonham to the solo career that today, at the age of 64, sees him producing some of the most acclaimed work of his career.

Told with tenacity, emotion and the spark of brilliance that befits such an enigmatic frontman, this is the definitive story of a man of incredible talent, remarkable courage and extraordinary conviction.

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8