Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jimmy Page
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
2 years?!? It seems like we were just talking about this a couple of months ago. Wow. :?

:BB Tempus Fugit

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:05 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
According to ContactMusic.com, former LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page has promised fans he will make "radical musical statements" with his upcoming solo album.

Page is currently working on his first new LP since 1988 and has warned fans to open their expectations of the music.

He said: "I think it's very important to do some musical statements with new material and that's exactly what I plan to do over the forthcoming year. Musically it will be a different picture in quite a radical frame, I hope. I'd like to try some ambitious projects. But we'll see."

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:26 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Gee... and here I'd just like to see him play some Zeppelin tunes once in awhile without a rapper wrecking the tune. :roll:

:BB Come With Me

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:48 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Pulse of Radio, upscale publishing house Genesis Publications has announced the release of "Zoso", the new career-spanning pictorial autobiography of LED ZEPPELIN guitar legend Jimmy Page. "Zoso", which is Page's first officially published work, is a hand-crafted 500-page book, produced in a limited edition of only 2,500 copies worldwide.

Page spoke to Mojo magazine, which previewed shots from the book in the February issue, and was asked whether he ever thought of taking the plunge and actually writing his memoirs. Page said, "I considered doing a posthumous book. And I'm not joking. I genuinely thought about doing one. As usual it seems like a silly idea, but it wouldn't have been a silly idea if John Lennon had done one, would it? You know what I mean?"

No date has been announced for Page's book.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:38 pm 
Heavy Metal Honey
Favorite Band: THIS is ur plan for catching spambots?
bildo wrote:
According to The Pulse of Radio, upscale publishing house Genesis Publications has announced the release of "Zoso", the new career-spanning pictorial autobiography of LED ZEPPELIN guitar legend Jimmy Page. "Zoso", which is Page's first officially published work, is a hand-crafted 500-page book, produced in a limited edition of only 2,500 copies worldwide.

Page spoke to Mojo magazine, which previewed shots from the book in the February issue, and was asked whether he ever thought of taking the plunge and actually writing his memoirs. Page said, "I considered doing a posthumous book. And I'm not joking. I genuinely thought about doing one. As usual it seems like a silly idea, but it wouldn't have been a silly idea if John Lennon had done one, would it? You know what I mean?"

No date has been announced for Page's book.

That's not a silly idea - and it's doable in 2 steps.

Step 1: Die
Step 2: Write about your life.

What's so silly about that?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:38 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
:lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
I saw his performance during the Beijing Olympics. I can safely say his career has been dead since 1993... Isn't it really just a technicality at this point?

:BB In My Time Of Dying

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:32 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to Gibson.com, portraits of Jimmy Page (LED ZEPPELIN) and Brian May (QUEEN) are now available to benefit the ABC Trust, the charity run by Page and his wife Jimena. Both rock stars are patrons of the charity. Brian May's portrait is a composite made up of a photo provided personally by the legendary musician. The finished artwork is available for £250. Jimmy Page's signed portrait is a silkscreen work produced by Sandra Lawrence. Each print measures approximately 30" by 31".

Proceeds from each portrait go to the ABC Trust and Task Brazil, which runs projects in Brazil to improve the lives and support the needs of children and pregnant teenage girls living on the streets.

The charity project began when Page was promoting the album "No Quarter: Unledded" in South America. Page met future wife Jimena, an Argentinean community worker, while on tour. After witnessing conditions in Rio, he determined that he had to do something to help, so he donated money to build "Casa Jimmy," a shelter for abandoned street children. In the U.K., Jimena set up the ABC Trust with Jimmy as the founding patron.

To donate or learn more about Jimmy Page's charity work, visit www.abctrust.org.uk

Jimmy and Jimena? That does it- I'm looking for a woman named 'Bildowina.'

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:25 am 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:

Well, he met his wife in Argentina... but I think you should start in Brazil. From what I hear, you can find a lot of women "winas" there... :wink:

:BB Lola

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:26 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
bildo wrote:

Well, he met his wife in Argentina... but I think you should start in Brazil. From what I hear, you can find a lot of women "winas" there... :wink:

:BB Lola

Just don't get a "Wax-a-wina" in Brazil. :shock:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:41 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to BBC News, LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page has been inducted into the Mojo Hall Of Fame at the magazine's award ceremony.

Page revealed he was working on new material with a number of different projects. He has been taken on by Robbie Williams' management company IE.

"I'm just looking forward to making some music and surprising people with it," he said.

"It won't be just teaming up with lots of people who are [big] names. I've got an idea of something which I've had for a long time and now's the time to do it."

But he declined to give further details about his collaborators or his new direction.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:05 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to The Argus, Jimmy Page's former home is up for sale for £8 million (approximately $12 million).

Plumpton Place — an Elizabethan manor house in Plumpton, East Sussex, England — comes with six bedrooms, five en-suite bathrooms, a tennis court and its own moat and was once the home of the LED ZEPPELIN guitarist.

The Grade II-listed building comes with three lakes, two cottages and a three bedroom mill house with its own working water wheel.

Set over three floors the house has a sitting room 48 feet long and a library that is 550 square feet.

The luxury pile will offer any potential buyer with the right bank balance a haven in the South Downs six miles from Lewes and set in its own 62 acres of land.

A 550 square foot library?
:ajerkoff:

Don't judge me.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
According to The Argus, Jimmy Page's former home is up for sale for £8 million (approximately $12 million).

Plumpton Place — an Elizabethan manor house in Plumpton, East Sussex, England — comes with six bedrooms, five en-suite bathrooms, a tennis court and its own moat and was once the home of the LED ZEPPELIN guitarist.

The Grade II-listed building comes with three lakes, two cottages and a three bedroom mill house with its own working water wheel.

Set over three floors the house has a sitting room 48 feet long and a library that is 550 square feet.

The luxury pile will offer any potential buyer with the right bank balance a haven in the South Downs six miles from Lewes and set in its own 62 acres of land.

A 550 square foot library?
:ajerkoff:

Don't judge me.

Sounded pretty good to me too. I already have the books to fill it. :shock:

Or I could just use it for my CDs and DVDs. :mrgreen:

:BB Steve

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Upscale publishing house Genesis Publications has set a September 27 release date for "Zoso", the new career-spanning pictorial autobiography of LED ZEPPELIN guitar legend Jimmy Page. According to the Lemon Squeezings web site, "Zoso", which is Page's first officially published work, will include more than 650 photographs and illustrations on over 500 pages. The number of photographs has increased by 50 since a June announcement that publication was being delayed three months so as to incorporate additional images and captions written by Page.

While all 350 copies of the deluxe edition were said to have sold out within two days of going on pre-sale in April, reservations are still being taken for the collector's edition. Page is signing and numbering every one of the 2,500 books in the limited run.

Check out the book's official microsite at www.jimmypagebook.com

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page recently spoke to The New York Times about "Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page", the 500-page collection of images that Page selected to represent his career, to be released on September 27 via Genesis Publications, a British company that specializes in lushly designed rock photo books.

When asked why he decided to to do this book, as opposed to a more traditional autobiography, Page said, "I've been approached to do an autobiography, but I thought that was the least attractive way of doing a book. So I thought it would be quite interesting to do a photographic autobiography. It's the story of a kid who's involved with music, but really the music involved itself with him. It's this conjoining of music and a teenager, and off it goes.

"I thought that a career in pictures was really the best way to do it at this stage, but I wouldn't discount the idea of an autobiography. This is usually my defense: When publishing people say, 'How about writing a book?,' I say, 'Yes, I've thought about it, but I'd like a book that came out posthumously.' That's probably as good as it's going to get: this visual documentary, and then possibly, if I ever get around to it, doing a book that comes out posthumously."

Regarding whether it was his aim to correct the record and to present his own version of the story of LED ZEPPELIN, Page said, "No, I didn't think that was necessary. Everyone wants to know what happened here and there, and you've got so many people that come forward with explanations — people who give authoritative accounts who were never anywhere near the place. But there's only one thing as far as I'm concerned that remains constant and true, and that's the music. So if you want to use your imagination, please apply it to the music rather than things that maybe surrounded it.

"As far as a pictorial record, you can certainly see a little bit behind the music, and you can make your own mind up. I'm not really coloring it too much with what annotations I've made. I didn't want to laden it with controversies. I just wanted the pictures to speak in a way that the music does."

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next