Login |  Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Queen news
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:50 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Favorite Band: Pinkmaiden Rainsabbath Zeppepriest
bildo wrote:
QUEEN + Adam Lambert setlist:

01. Flash (intro)
02. Seven Seas Of Rhye
03. Keep Yourself Alive
04. We Will Rock You (Fast)
05. Fat Bottomed Girls
06. Don’t Stop Me Now
07. Under Pressure (Roger/Adam duet)
08. I Want It All
09. Who Wants To Live Forever
10. A Kind Of Magic (Roger)
11. These Are Days Of Our Lives (Roger)
12. Love Of My Life (Brian)
13. 39 (Brian)
14. Dragon Attack
15. Drum Battle / Guitar Solo
16. I Want To Break Free
17. Another One Bites The Dust
18. Radio Ga Ga
19. Somebody To Love
20. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
21. The Show Must Go On
22. Bohemian Rhapsody

Encore:

23. Tie Your Mother Down (Brian)
24. We Will Rock You
25. We Are The Champions

Great set list... but Flash? :shock:

Holy shit! 1980 called... They want the tune back.

I don't think I've heard that song since then... and I have the CD. :lol:

:BB Crash Dive On Mingo City

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..."
~ John Lennon (RIP)

"Don't get cute... Don't get funny now... It's later than you think..."
~ Greg Kihn

"As we celebrate mediocrity... all the boys upstairs wanna see...
How much you'll pay... for what you used to get for free..."

~ Tom Petty

"I think you'd better ask yourself... before you criticize me...
Are you a victim of the System... or the Powers-That-Be?
If there was nothing to gain... would you do it for free?"

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."
~ Rod Stewart (The Faces)

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

"Rock hard... Ride free... All your life..."
~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Favorite Band: The Electric Mayhem
Facebook: sucks royal ass!
I love that song! Big hunk o' cheese! :lol:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:27 pm 
Favorite Band: Y&T, Rush, Van Halen, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Journey, April Wine, many more
Facebook: Tim Durling
"Flash" is just pre-recorded. I saw the clips, or most of them. That setlist is incredible, love me some "Dragon Attack." Lambert does a decent job, he definitely fits the material moreso than Paul Rodgers. That's not a slam on Rodgers, just a difference in style. It's great to see Brian and Roger back out there playing this amazing material.

To watch AND listen to me blather on, I give you Tim's Vinyl Confessions

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2fi5G ... iBkLtUEWFg

https://twitter.com/TimsVinyl

https://www.facebook.com/timsvinylconfessions

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
Canuck wrote:
"Flash" is just pre-recorded. I saw the clips, or most of them. That setlist is incredible, love me some "Dragon Attack." Lambert does a decent job, he definitely fits the material moreso than Paul Rodgers. That's not a slam on Rodgers, just a difference in style. It's great to see Brian and Roger back out there playing this amazing material.

I didn't like the Rodgers thing... and I really don't like this much.

Queen is just one of those bands. It ain't Queen without Freddie. Period. Close the door. Turn out the lights.

:BB The Show Must (Not) Go On

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

"I was glad to come... I'll be sad to go... So while I'm here... I'll have me a real good time..."

"The earth can shake... The sky come down... The mountains all... fall to the ground...
But I will fear... none of these things... Shelter me, Lord... underneath your wings..."

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:03 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Having recently celebrated its 10th birthday, and played over 4,000 performances to an audience of over 6.4 million in London alone, QUEEN and Ben Elton's West End smash hit show "We Will Rock You" will release a special 10th-anniversary edition of the original cast recording.

Having already surpassed platinum sales in its original version, this new edition comes specially redesigned and repackaged to mark its tenth year, and now comes as a 2CD and DD set made up of the original CD plus a bonus disc of 11 previously unavailable tracks including performances by QUEEN.

In a well-documented new 20-page booklet packaged into the new CD set, we find out that it was a chance encounter in August 1996 between QUEEN members Brian May and Roger Taylor with acting legend Robert De Niro at the Venice Film Festival have brought us to this celebration of a decade of "We Will Rock You". When at that meeting in Venice De Niro raised the question: "Have you ever thought of making a musical? My daughter loves your music," unstoppable wheels were set in motion.

Fast forward to May 2012, and the appearance of Robert De Niro once more in the company of May and Taylor: this time in London, and as joint producers of "We Will Rock You", together celebrating an unbroken 10-year run of the show at London's Dominion Theatre. It is worth noting that no other musical show previously staged here, including the screen version of "The Sound Of Music", managed to run beyond three years in this venue which boasts itself one of the West End's biggest.

Undaunted by the scale of its vast surroundings, "We Will Rock You", continues to book at the Dominion long into 2013, making it a fair certainty that it will outrun all previous residencies by as much as four times.

The "We Will Rock You 10th Anniversary Edition" special 2CD set will be released October 15 through EMI Records and will be available in record stores and from the Dominion Theatre.

For more information, visit QueenOnline.com

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:46 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Known as one of music's most powerful players, legendary QUEEN guitarist Brian May is going unplugged for a unique tour he is about to embark on with acclaimed singing star Kerry Ellis.

The two have enjoyed a hugely successful musical partnership in recent times, with Kerry earlier this year receiving the "Best Solo Performance" Whatsonstage.com award for "Anthems", the show arranged and produced by May as a showcase for her talents which premiered at London's Royal Albert Hall.

Beginning Monday, November 5, Brian and Kerry are heading out on the road to present their "Born Free" tour, a series of 11 intimate and totally acoustic shows performed under candlelight.

These special intimate concerts provide a chance to see Ellis and May close-up, and are being especially performed to raise awareness of the work of the Born Free Foundation, the global organization which works to protect and conserve threatened species, particularly Africa's magnificent lions, which across much of Africa, are now in serious decline.

Behind the decision to perform the tour is a new recording made by Brian and Kerry of "Born Free", the Oscar-winning song written for the 1966 film of the same name. Invited by Virginia McKenna's Born Free Foundation to view and participate in its work at the Shamwari game reserve and rescue centre in South Africa's Eastern Cape, Brian and Kerry have pledged to support Born Free both publicly and materially. Having recorded both a large-scale production version and an acoustic version of "Born Free", Brian and Kerry will release both versions on one single, with all proceeds going to the foundation.

The 11-date "Born Free" tour, which starts on November 5 mber at The Apex in Bury St. Edmunds, promises an informal evening in the company of Brian and Kerry performing a new collection of their own personal favourite songs as well as new arrangements of some of those they have previously performed in concert and recorded together, sung by Kerry with Brian accompanying her on both guitar and vocals.

Says Brian May: "Over the last year, Kerry and I have been recording new material when our schedules have allowed it. As on the 'Anthems' album, some of the tracks have very big and splendid arrangements, but we have become more and more fascinated with the magic of great songs stripped down to their core and re-interpreted in an 'acoustic' way. We find there is a purity which makes the songs speak very clearly. Kerry's instincts as an interpreter of songs are always inspiring, and the art of arranging has always been one of my obsessions. We have found that the two of us just working live off each other can distill the very essence of a song — and that's what we hope to bring you in these dates. After all, if you have great songs and a great singer, what more do you need? Well, maybe just a little bit of guitar!"

The "Born Free" tour follows a series of acclaimed performances by Kerry and Brian together over the past few years. They stole the show when they performed together on the Royal Variety Show in 2008, they performed live together again at BBC "Proms In The Park" and at 2010's "The Night Of 1000 Voices", and they opened the "Remembrance Day" concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Their "Anthems: The Tour" played 12 hugely successful dates around the U.K. in May 2011.

Tickets for the tour are on sale now priced between £37.50 and £39.50 depending on venue.

The dates are as follows:

Nov. 05 - Bury St Edmunds, UK - The Apex
Nov. 06 - Leamington Spa, UK - The Assembly
Nov. 07 - Corby, UK - The Core at Corby Cube
Nov. 09 - Tunbridge Wells, UK - Assembly Hall Theatre
Nov. 10 - Brighton, UK - St. Georges Church
Nov. 11 - London, UK - Union Chapel
Nov. 12 - St. Albans, UK - Alban Arena
Nov. 15 - Crawley, UK - The Hawth
Nov. 16 - Portsmouth, UK - New Theatre Royal
Nov. 17 - Salisbury, UK - City Hall
Nov. 19 - High Wycombe, UK - Swan Theatre

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:48 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
"Hungarian Rhapsody: Queen Live In Budapest" is a must–see concert experience by legends of rock QUEEN. It will be released on DVD, Blu-ray, 2CD+DVD Deluxe Edition and a 2CD+Blu-ray Deluxe Edition on November 6 in North America via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Originally filmed in 1986, this momentous concert movie has been re-mastered in high definition and superb 5.1 Surround Sound. An amazing performance is now available to be seen in crystal clear HD clarity.

Also included on the DVD and Blu-ray is a new 25-minute documentary feature entitled "A Magic Year". This follows QUEEN from just after their historic show-stealing performance at Live Aid, London, on July 13, 1985, through the year leading up to the epic concert in Budapest. Using archive footage from rehearsals, interviews with the band in the studio and on the road during the Magic Tour — some of which has never been seen before — this fascinating feature has been specially created for this new release.
As part of the hugely successful 1986 Magic Tour that, poignantly, was the last to be played by the band with Freddie Mercury, QUEEN were for the first time able to include Hungary on the tour schedule. With three years to go before the fall of the Berlin Wall, this was the largest concert ever staged at the Népstadion, Budapest, and the first western rock concert staged in a stadium behind the then Iron Curtain. It was of such significance to the Hungarian authorities and film industry that a group of the country's top film cameramen and technicians were brought together to film it for posterity.

Staged for 80,000 ecstatic fans, the concert set includes favorite hits like "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", "I Want To Break Free" and "We Are The Champions".

"We're delighted that QUEEN fans across the world will finally have the chance to relive this amazing moment for the band," said QUEEN's Brian May and Roger Taylor. "We knew a stadium concert in Budapest was ground–breaking, but hadn't quite anticipated what a historic night it would turn out to be. The concert looks fantastic on the screen in all its digitally remastered glory and the documentary does a great job of setting the scene — it really was an extraordinary time in the band's history."

DVD and Blu-ray track listing:

* One Vision
* Tie Your Mother Down
* In The Lap Of The Gods
* Seven Seas Of Rhye
* Tear It Up
* A Kind Of Magic
* Under Pressure
* Who Wants To Live Forever
* I Want To Break Free
* Guitar Solo
* Now I'm Here
* Love Of My Life
* Tavaszi Szél Vizet Áraszt
* Is This The World We Created...?
* Tutti Frutti
* Bohemian Rhapsody
* Hammer To Fall
* Crazy Little Thing Called Love
* Radio Ga Ga
* We Will Rock You
* Friends Will Be Friends
* We Are The Champions

Extras: "A Magic Year" documentary

Deluxe Package CD

CD track listing: 1

* One Vision
* Tie Your Mother Down
* In The Lap Of The Gods... Revisited
* Seven Seas Of Rhye
* Tear It Up
* A Kind Of Magic
* Under Pressure
* Another One Bites The Dust
* Who Wants To Live Forever
* I Want To Break Free
* Looks Like It's Gonna Be A Good Night - Improv
* Guitar Solo
* Now I'm Here

CD track listing: 2

* Love Of My Life
* Tavaszi Szel Vizet Araszt
* Is This The World We Created...?
* (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care
* Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart)
* Tutti Frutti
* Bohemian Rhapsody
* Hammer To Fall
* Crazy Little Thing Called Love
* Radio Ga Ga
* We Will Rock You
* Friends Will Be Friends
* We Are The Champions
* God Save The Queen

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:30 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
bildo wrote:
"Hungarian Rhapsody: Queen Live In Budapest" is a must–see concert experience by legends of rock QUEEN. It will be released on DVD, Blu-ray, 2CD+DVD Deluxe Edition and a 2CD+Blu-ray Deluxe Edition on November 6 in North America via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

You know, I own probably 300 or 400 concert DVDs now.

I'll bet you 25-to-1 at least half of that money went to Eagle Rock. Bastards. They just keep taking my money... :x

This will only add to that total.

:BB Let Me Entertain You

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
Coinciding with the start of their forthcoming U.K. concert tour, QUEEN guitarist Brian May and acclaimed singing star Kerry Ellis will release a new single, their version of "Born Free", the Oscar-winning song written for the 1966 film.

The single is being released to support the work of the Born Free Foundation, the global organization which works to protect and conserve threatened species.

The single was recorded by Brian and Kerry, having seen the work of the foundation at the Shamwari game reserve and rescue centre in South Africa's Eastern Cape, and for their version, writer Don Black has specially rewritten some of the song's original lyrics for Brian and Kerry.

Available in three formats, the single is a digital-only release and will be issued on Monday, November 5, the day May and Kerry Ellis start their 11-date "Born Free" tour with a concert at The Apex in Bury St. Edmunds.

In a departure from their more recent rock shows, the tour sees May and Kerry Ellis present a unique series of intimate and totally acoustic shows performed under candlelight.

The two will perform a new collection of their own personal favourite songs as well as new arrangements of some of those they have previously performed in concert and recorded together, sung by Kerry with Brian accompanying her on both guitar and vocals.

Having recorded both a large-scale production version and an acoustic version of "Born Free", Brian and Kerry will release both versions, with all proceeds going to the Foundation. A third version will also include a video filmed during their South African visit.

The "Born Free" single and concert tour is the latest collaboration for Brian and Kerry following their "Anthems" album released in 2010 which Brian produced and wrote news songs for, and their highly successful series of "Anthems" concerts last year. More recently the pair performed at Sunflower Jam 2012 at the Royal Albert Hall as well as Italy's San Remo song festival.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:22 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
According to QueenOnline.com, QUEEN drummer Roger Taylor plans to release brand new solo material in 2013 and he wants to involve the public in the choices of which tracks make it onto the album. A song will be made available each week leading up to the CD release and the fans will need to vote and decide what they would like to see appear on the album alongside some of Roger's favorite cuts.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:41 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
BLACK SABBATH's Tony Iommi and QUEEN's Brian May are said to be planning a collaborative album that will allow fans to build their own songs around the musicians' unused material.

Iommi lifted the curtain on the rockers' secret project in the latest issue of Kerrang! magazine, in which a number of fellow musicians pose questions to the QUEEN axeman.

Iommi asked, "When are we going to get to work on that album of riffs together? You know what I'm talking about…" May replied: "Yes, I do know what he's talking about and I'm very, very keen. The record he's talking about was supposed to be a secret but I guess he's blown it now!"

He explained that on visiting Iommi's studio, he was struck by the amount of unused material the BLACK SABBATH guitarist had. "I thought it would be great to make a compilation out of them," May said. "The idea was to put all these riffs out in some form so that people could build their own songs from them. You could make your own music with Tony Iommi on guitar!"

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:03 pm 
The Lord of Destruction
I'd buy an album full of Iommi and May riffs. :tup

See? Two-for-one. :wink:

~ John Lennon (RIP)

~ Greg Kihn

~ Tom Petty

~ Sammy Hagar

~ Buddy Miller

~ Rob Halford

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:17 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
RockHard wrote:
I'd buy an album full of Iommi and May riffs. :tup

See? Two-for-one. :wink:

Yeah, that with the rest of your cd collection would be like using a .25 cents off coupon on a $500 meal.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 am 
Heavy Metal Cyber-Sleuth
One of the world's greatest bands was honoured with PRS For Music Heritage Award at Imperial College this afternoon where they first played in London on July 18, 1970.

The black and red plaque was unveiled by PRS chairman Guy Fletcher in front of close friends and family including Kashmira Cooke, Freddie Mercury's sister. Special guests included Rhys Thomas, director and producer of the popular documentary "Queen: Days Of Our Lives" shown earlier this year on BBC Four.

QUEEN wrote 16 number one albums, 18 number one singles and sold over 300 million records. They also remain one of the few bands whose members all penned hit songs. Roger Taylor, who accepted the award this afternoon alongside Brian May, famously wrote QUEEN's landmark hits "Radio Ga Ga" and "A Kind Of Magic" while Brian wrote the anthems, "We Will Rock You", "The Show Must Go On" and "I Want It All".

PRS For Music established the Heritage Award scheme in 2009 to recognize the vital role live music venues play in launching the careers of the U.K.'s iconic and most influential music talent. Previous recipients include BLUR, Elton John, SOUL II SOUL, UB40, SNOW PATROL, FAITHLESS, JAMES, JETHRO TULL and SUPERGRASS.

Brian May said: "The first proper gig we did was at Imperial College in the Union Hall. I remember it very distinctly because I'd seen all sorts of people playing in there. I'd been part of the Entertainment Committee and we booked a group every Saturday night in those days. People like SPOOKY TOOTH and STEAMHAMMER! We booked Jimi Hendrix too. So for us it was a dream come true to actually play on that stage. It used to get packed in there so it was a major stepping stone for us."

Roger Taylor continued: "Imperial College was effectively our positional and spiritual base and so means a lot to QUEEN. Many good memories, without it…who knows?"

PRS chairman Guy Fletcher commented: "It is a true honour to be here today to recognize some of the best British songwriters this country has ever produced and celebrate with so many friends and family. Days like this make me feel very proud and remind me how lucky I am to work at PRS For Music. In Great Britain, music is what we do best, but QUEEN took it to a whole other level — they are our heritage."

Profile  Offline

Topic Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13